A moment of silence for a close friend.

Espurrhoodie

People of Serenes. We are here today to mourn a close friend and ally of mine:

GUEST_fe168cac-752b-4495-9511-b0c40a1f64

This dear, precious mug could hold 20 ounces of tea. It has served me well for a year since I got it at a convention last year.

Today, while rinsing it to make more tea, this dear friend of mine met its end:

1575336679382940335524.jpg

I accidentally hit it against the bottom of my tub and it chipped. One of the broken pieces went down the drain. Even if I grabbed it in time, there was nothing I could do to make it useable, as when I tried to put water in it, it slowly started leaking out of a large crack in the mug.

Rest in peace, my dear princess. I will find another like you, but you can never be replaced in my heart.

I think I liked my mug too much.

RIP. I have no connection to such things but I understand, as my sister is loves her one or two mugs that hold all her tea. Still, mayhaps you can keep this companion for holding your pens or something of the kin? Then you don't really have to say goodbye to it.

8 minutes ago, Rex Glacies said:

RIP. I have no connection to such things but I understand, as my sister is loves her one or two mugs that hold all her tea. Still, mayhaps you can keep this companion for holding your pens or something of the kin? Then you don't really have to say goodbye to it.

That sounds like a lovely idea! I could use a holder for my pencils when I'm drawing!

2 minutes ago, SoulWeaver said:

Not the VOCALOID mug!!!

I'm gonna be honest, I thought you were going to tell me your best friend's mother died or something. This is pretty much worse.

Oh hell no. She's alive and kicking. (Also, I wouldn't be making a topic about that)

It's funny because a week prior I was discussing broken mugs with a few other people on here. Now it happened to me.

1 hour ago, SoulWeaver said:

Not the VOCALOID mug!!!

I'm gonna be honest, I thought you were going to tell me your best friend's mother died or something. This is pretty much worse.

I thought she was gonna mention Lil Bub, who died yesterday. RIP Bub, Grumpy will reluctantly show you your room in kitty heaven.

And yeah! Use the broken mug to hold pencils!

9 hours ago, Captain Karnage said:

F

Thank you for paying respects.

8 hours ago, Dragoncat said:

I thought she was gonna mention Lil Bub, who died yesterday. RIP Bub, Grumpy will reluctantly show you your room in kitty heaven.

And yeah! Use the broken mug to hold pencils!

I actually didn't know who Lil Bub was until yesterday.

8 hours ago, eclipse said:

Under the dark paint, there's a pure white mug underneath.  RIP Chip, you will be missed.

Poetic.

5 hours ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Seeing this is kinda eerie. RIP wonderful mug, you will be missed.

Yeah, especially since I was commenting last week about my mug.

You can always keep it for decoration as a memento or to hold pencils. That's what I do with my grandpa's old mug I inherited. 

As a tea lover, 

I feel the depths of your pain.

The perfect mug is a special and sacred commodity.

Godspeed in finding another.

if given the opportunity, I will take a photo of my mug and post it in solidarity but... I just moved so...

49 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

You can always keep it for decoration as a memento or to hold pencils. That's what I do with my grandpa's old mug I inherited. 

I needed a pencil holder for when I'm drawing, so I'll probably use it for that.

21 minutes ago, Dr. C said:

As a tea lover, 

I feel the depths of your pain.

The perfect mug is a special and sacred commodity.

Godspeed in finding another.

if given the opportunity, I will take a photo of my mug and post it in solidarity but... I just moved so...

I think Target of all places sells these.

Kinda weird since it's a Vocaloid mug and Vocaloid is niche here in America, but I'm just happy to see where I can get another one.

Shots, you got me on the first half.

And as a mug lover, I'm very sorry for the occurrence.

RIP Vocaloid Mug..

(Also, I feel a strange temptation to join a 'Mug Club'/'Probably one of the strangest group of persons in my city' after posting this.) 

9 minutes ago, BergelomeuSantos said:

Shots, you got me on the first half.

And as a mug lover, I'm very sorry for the occurrence.

RIP Vocaloid Mug..

(Also, I feel a strange temptation to join a 'Mug Club'/'Probably one of the strangest group of persons in my city' after posting this.) 

Yeah, I'm using this mug until I get a new one, but it's not the same:

15753889338371951597224.jpg

Spoiler

After I saw it was a mug the first thing I did was go and check to see if this topic was in serious discussion

15 hours ago, Rex Glacies said:

Wow!

I didnt know you still posted here 

I have a lot more than one or two mugs. When one of them gets messed up it really sucks... 

Hard to find a replacement 

Edit:

@Rezzy you use it as a pencil holder or just have it as a memento

Edited by Arcanite

29 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

After I saw it was a mug the first thing I did was go and check to see if this topic was in serious discussion

I don't blame you. Nice Sayaka pfp btw

29 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

I have a lot more than one or two mugs. When one of them gets messed up it really sucks... 

Hard to find a replacement 

Surprisingly, Target sells these online.

The void will still be there, though.

5 hours ago, Espurrhoodie said:

Yeah, I'm using this mug until I get a new one, but it's not the same:

15753889338371951597224.jpg

That is a pretty cool mug, though. Can't say the same about how ''comfortable'' it looks..