Jump to content
Fabulously Olivier

What are your top games of the decade? Of all time?

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Slumber said:

I can't agree with this.

First, it's bullshit to say any games is "objectively" a certain score.

Well yeah, it's not a science. You can't engage seriously with scoring games until you reconcile with that. People are going to rate this or that aspect of a game more highly and with more importance than another noteworthy aspect of a game. But those who see themselves as professional reviewers are still going to get as close as they can to the ideal of a perfect review. The kind of review that gets to the heart of what was valuable and what doesn't work, and rate its quality considering every relevant factor..

Quote

Second, there are things New Vegas that no games have managed to accomplish since. It's arguably the most "free" open world game in the medium since... Well, probably Fallout 2. The ability to craft your own story and build it by your own means is second to none. The only things that come close are maybe the Divinity games. To anyone who values that kind of thing, like you or me, or the number of any other people who hold Fallout New Vegas in high regard, that quality alone is a HUGE deal. And a low 7 is not at all indicative of what those kinds of people value in games.

New Vegas' narrative was remarkable but far from flawless, even by 2010 standards. It certainly didn't help that the game had failing quest flags on release. It doesn't matter how many options the player is given when options straight up don't work. And I certainly wouldn't call it free when your first five hours of any playthrough are virtually the same with only variations in how/if you want to deal with the Powder gangers and other side quests that won't meaningfully impact your ending slides or affect your standing with the major factions. The major factions are also problematic. There are few considerations given toward Legion players, as half of the content and companions hinge on whether the player can maintain neutral or better karma with the NCR. Even some of the specific Legion quests or Legion-friendly answers to quests require you stay on their good side. You can sort of pretend you're a kind of double agent waiting for the right moment to betray them, but the game won't acknowledge your efforts when it comes to roleplaying this way. Legion never asks for all the juicy intel on NCR you could attain, they just ask for the same flavors of tasks the other three factions want you to do. 

You're right to say the narrative elements are the game's strongest asset, but it can't erase its other issues. The controls are stiff and unresponsive even without comparisons to other then-current shooters, the game is littered with bugs and exploits, crafting is unintuitive and unnecessary, most of the game's consumable items are worthless unless you play Hardcore mode, and even then Hardcore mode is far from its namesake. The voice acting budget can't accomodate 1000 NPCs, so you hear the same voices over and over again with no variation in line delivery. The disguise system is a goofy way of not engaging with the reputation mechanics - allowing you to avoid consequences for your decisions which shouldn't be a feature in a game like this. The sneak system is awful, making stealth boys mandatory for anything beyond an opening sniper shot. There's no limit on how many stimpaks you can carry (even on Hardcore!), so the difficulty of an encounter is simply a question of whether you've been playing long enough to reach a number in the triple digits. Most creatures that rely on melee attacks will fail to hit you as long as you have infinite room behind you to back up. Most of the game is outdoors so infinite space to back up is typically a given. Enemies of all types have suicidal AI that don't respond to anything or make critical decisions besides slowly grabbing a discarded weapon on the ground. Watching them come at you with their fists when you shoot the gun out of their hands only shows they have no self-preservation in a losing fight. And of course there's no option to spare or end the fight besides leaving the area of killing them. Group conversations are impossible, as the dialogue system only accommodates one speaker at a time. Your companions never interact in any way since only one can be in the party at a time. Weapon mods are laughably overpriced and only attainable from vendors rather than serving as variety items from quest rewards or something to discover hidden in a dungeon. Weapon repairs via NPCs are also laughably overpriced, and unlike Fallout 3 you can't reach max condition on your gear without maxed out Repair.

Play Outer Worlds. Outer Worlds is to New Vegas what New Vegas was to Fallout 3. And it comes bundled with its own problematic design that I still need to explore with another playthrough or three. Between it and New Vegas it's the better game, no question if you value narrative over gameplay concerns. I just doubt any future where I could end up liking any game more than I like New Vegas. It's too personal of a game for me.

Edited by Glennstavos

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Glennstavos said:

Play Outer Worlds. Outer Worlds is to New Vegas what New Vegas was to Fallout 3. And it comes bundled with its own problematic design that I still need to explore with another playthrough or three. Between it and New Vegas it's the better game, no question if you value narrative over gameplay concerns. I just doubt any future where I could end up liking any game more than I like New Vegas. It's too personal of a game for me.

I've played The Outer Worlds. I really disagree with this assessment. Narrative wise, TOW has one huge problem, and that is MAJOR tunnel vision. It hammers home the "The Board/Rampant corporatism is bad" point so hard that everything just becomes very numb at the end of the game. Which was already a theme touched on in New Vegas and older Fallout games. But those games also explored other themes.

New Vegas takes an even more interesting route with it, I feel, in that it actually shows the debauchery and insane frivolities that the uber-rich get into. When TOW gets to the point where you get to see what the wealthy value, it's literally money and gated communities that they like. We get to see some of the heinous shit they'd do, but by the time you get really excited to see that side of the galaxy, the game ends.

I enjoyed The Outer Worlds a lot, but it really felt half baked after the first few worlds. It's a game that gets less compelling the more you play, not more, which is not something I'd consider a strength of something narrative-driven. Additionally, while TOW is certainly a much more polished game, the scope is much narrower, and it felt more limited in what you could actually do in the game compared to New Vegas.

Edited by Slumber

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Slumber said:

I've played The Outer Worlds. I really disagree with this assessment. Narrative wise, TOW has one huge problem, and that is MAJOR tunnel vision. It hammers home the "The Board/Rampant corporatism is bad" point so hard that everything just becomes very numb at the end of the game. Which was already a theme touched on in New Vegas and older Fallout games. But those games also explored other themes.

New Vegas takes an even more interesting route with it, I feel, in that it actually shows the debauchery and insane frivolities that the uber-rich get into. When TOW gets to the point where you get to see what the wealthy value, it's literally money and gated communities that they like. We get to see some of the heinous shit they'd do, but by the time you get really excited to see that side of the galaxy, the game ends.

I enjoyed The Outer Worlds a lot, but it really felt half baked after the first few worlds. It's a game that gets less compelling the more you play, not more, which is not something I'd consider a strength of something narrative-driven. Additionally, while TOW is certainly a much more polished game, the scope is much narrower, and it felt more limited in what you could actually do in the game compared to New Vegas.

I respect your opinion, though I disagree on all counts. You don't think New Vegas doesn't try too hard to make a point? I loved hearing all the various perspectives about NCR and Legion from different NPCs in different walks of life, wondering which ones are apt assessments. But the answer was "all of them". The writers just spoke directly through the NPC mouthpieces. At least with the Board you mostly had to sift through NPC lies in order to see the reality of these planets. And the people that reject the Board were sometimes self-serving despots that won't play nice either. You know why the NPCs believe what they believe and why some factions can't live with each other. I couldn't decide who to support on Monarch so I just sort of left that quest hanging on the final step before the end. I knew the two factions on that planet would fight each other, but I never expected the ending slide explaining they killed each other off completely - likely due to all the things I did to help both of them get back on their feet. I also love the temptation of helping the Board on account of your character having no stake in the colony. There are things to be gained from joining Sophia Akande, but the narrative reason for joining the Legion is...your character has a major hard on for militant dictatorships yet somehow doesn't see themselves or Mr. House as an appropriate leader for New Vegas. They're not as bad as the "blow up Megaton for a special effect" brand of bad guy narrative, but they're uncompelling as a major faction "bad guy choice"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Glennstavos said:

And I certainly wouldn't call it free when your first five hours of any playthrough are virtually the same with only variations in how/if you want to deal with the Powder gangers and other side quests that won't meaningfully impact your ending slides or affect your standing with the major factions.

not to mention from a purely gameplay perspective where new vegas fully wants you to be following literal roads, lest you run into cazadores or deathclaws for the entire first act of the game. Sunny blatantly tells you to follow the road after the tutorial to be safe. fallout 3, for all its faults, didn't put you on a track so heavily.

Edited by Tryhard

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just went into Deathclaw territory anyway. Suggesting a path by putting strong monsters if you strive away from that is not railroading. Players seeking a challenge or that are ok whit a bit of resetting can walk the dangerous zones just fine.

I'd say that Age of Decadance havea staggering amount of options to creste your own story, but is made by 3 people whit a budget of 67 cents and is saddled whit annoying elements, such as skillchecks so high that the best builds are "metagame the hell out of the game" and "Hoard skillpoint untill you see a check that you can't pass, then reload and spend them."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Flere210 said:

I just went into Deathclaw territory anyway. Suggesting a path by putting strong monsters if you strive away from that is not railroading.

I'd argue it absolutely is. I've played New Vegas for 250+ hours, completed it 100% etc, I know how to get past the deathclaws before level 2, but a new player is not going to. Exploration doesn't really count for shit when deathclaws essentially kill you in one hit and I don't see every new player being very keen to constantly reload to do so.

The intended route is clearly Goodsprings -> Primm -> Nipton -> Novac -> Boulder City -> New Vegas. Following the trail of Benny. And there is difficult encounters, some of which you pretty much cannot win if you decide to fight, if you go elsewhere.

Not that I think there's much wrong with doing so, really. Fallout 1 has the aspect that if you go west after starting, you can immediately go to the military base and speedrun the game. More likely, you will die very quickly. But I'm curious about how this makes the game "open".

Edited by Tryhard

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Tryhard said:

I'd argue it absolutely is. I've played New Vegas for 250+ hours, completed it 100% etc, I know how to get past the deathclaws before level 2, but a new player is not going to. Exploration doesn't really count for shit when deathclaws kill you in one hit and I don't see every new player being very keen to constantly reload to do so.

The intended route is clearly Goodsprings -> Primm -> Nipton -> Novac -> Boulder City -> New Vegas. Following the trail of Benny. And there is difficult encounters, some of which you pretty much cannot win if you decide to fight, if you go elsewhere.

Not that I think there's much wrong with doing so, really. Fallout 1 has the aspect that if you go west after starting, you can immediately go to the military base and speedrun the game. More likely, you will die very quickly. But I'm curious about how this makes the game "open".

It'open compared to a game when there not such an option. Open world does not means there are not high level and low level areas  it means that the game allow you to go in the high level area even if you are not ready.  In my first fo2 playtrough i did a Navarro Run whitout even knowing that it was possible, i just walked randomly untill i stumbled into something i felt doing and found a bunch of endgame equipment in a base i had no trounle infitrating in. Such a thing just won't happen on a different game, ever.

Also on my first NV run i did fine just avoiding the deathclaws. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i'll put it out there first - new vegas is literally the only fallout game i liked, except as a kid i thought tactics was good and i was incredibly wrong kill your nostalgia

1 hour ago, Flere210 said:

i just walked randomly untill i stumbled into something i felt doing and found a bunch of endgame equipment in a base i had no trounle infitrating in.

you realize this (as stated) is unimaginably terrible game design right? like you're saying through a bit of random wandering and zero actual effort you skipped the entire sense of progression of the entire game.

 

Edited by Integrity

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Top 10 of the decade:

  • 10: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
  • 9: Marvel's Spider-Man
  • 8: Super Mario Odyssey
  • 7: Fire Emblem Awakening
  • 6: Final Fantasy XV
  • 5: Super Mario Galaxy 2
  • 4: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
  • 3: Crash Team Racing Nitro-Fueled
  • 2: Spyro Reignited Trilogy
  • 1: Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy

Top 10 of all time:

  • 10: Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones
  • 9: Crash Bandicoot 2: Cortex Strikes Back (OG and NST)
  • 8: Final Fantasy VII
  • 7: Crash Team Racing (OG and NF)
  • 6: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night
  • 5: Chrono Trigger
  • 4: The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
  • 3: Fire Emblem (2003)
  • 2: Spyro 2: Ripto's Rage! (OG and RT)
  • 1: Crash Bandicoot: Warped (OG and NST)

Of course, this is all subject to change. But for now, I think that's the list for me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Integrity said:

 

you realize this (as stated) is unimaginably terrible game design right? like you're saying through a bit of random wandering and zero actual effort you skipped the entire sense of progression of the entire game.

 

In reality, it happened mostly because a bug reduced the encounter rate on moderns computers. It's still doable whit the bug fixed, but it's going to require a lot of reloading, or at least the car, and it's not really worth it imo. Still on an RPG i like the option of sequence breaking existing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Flere210 said:

In reality, it happened mostly because a bug reduced the encounter rate on moderns computers. It's still doable whit the bug fixed, but it's going to require a lot of reloading, or at least ithe car, and it's not really worth it imo. Still on an RPG i like the option of sequence breaking existing. 

In open-ended ones, like the Fallout games, I agree. Especially since those games absolutely consider that "Dumb luck" is a viable character trait, stumbling past a number of the "intended" sequences to get you to end game helps with building your character.

Not so much in linear RPGs, that just tends to cause narrative issues. Still cool to see with glitches and such, but not something I think should really be accounted for from the get-go.

Edited by Slumber

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Slumber said:

Not so much in linear RPGs, that just tends to cause narrative issues. Still cool to see with glitches and such, but not something I think should really be accounted for from the get-go.

Lacking a better word, i just used RPG as games that attempt to simulate a D&D campaign. CRPG is often used, but technically Bioware games are CRPG too and does not do that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Flere210 said:

Lacking a better word, i just used RPG as games that attempt to simulate a D&D campaign. CRPG is often used, but technically Bioware games are CRPG too and does not do that. 

I figured as much. Modern WRPG/CRPG developers have largely moved away from the D&D approach since the early 00s. I'd say since KotOR that they really moved more towards more linear(But not JRPG linear) approach. It pretty much is Obsidian and Larian carrying the torch in the mainstream gamespace, and Larian is literally making D&D games.

I've found it easier/more straight forward to just say "open-ended" and "linear".

Edited by Slumber

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Top 10 of the decade (in no particular order)

  1. Super Mario Galaxy 2 (2010)
  2.  The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword (2011)
  3.  Dragon Quest XI S: Echoes of an Elusive Age (2017)
  4.  Final Fantasy XV (2016)
  5.  Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain (2015)
  6.  The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds (2013)
  7.  Marvel's Spider-Man (2018)
  8.  Xenoblade Chronicles (2010)
  9.  Fire Emblem: Three House (2019)
  10.  The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (2017)

Top 10 of all time

  1. Super Mario Galaxy
  2.  The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
  3.  Final Fantasy VII
  4.  The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
  5.  Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater
  6.  Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones
  7.  Super Mario 64
  8.  Final Fantasy VI
  9.  Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn
  10.  Super Smash Bros.

My list of top 10 games of all time might change but as of now, that's all I got.

Edited by Faustino

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Flere210 said:

In reality, it happened mostly because a bug reduced the encounter rate on moderns computers. It's still doable whit the bug fixed, but it's going to require a lot of reloading, or at least the car, and it's not really worth it imo. Still on an RPG i like the option of sequence breaking existing. 

sequence breaking is cool, but it needs to make you feel like you're earning the out of sequence shit you're getting; spam reloading until you get the deathclaw at the base of the particular rock you can shoot down onto is not earning.

 

EDIT:

this is totally unrelated but

28 minutes ago, Faustino said:

Top 10 of the decade (in no particular order)

  1. Super Mario Galaxy 2 (2010)
  2.  The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword (2011)
  3.  Dragon Quest XI S: Echoes of an Elusive Age (2017)
  4.  Final Fantasy XV (2016)
  5.  Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain (2015)
  6.  The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds (2013)
  7.  Marvel's Spider-Man (2018)
  8.  Xenoblade Chronicles (2010)
  9.  Fire Emblem: Three House (2019)
  10.  The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (2017)

Top 10 of all time

  1. Super Mario Galaxy
  2.  The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
  3.  Final Fantasy VII
  4.  The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
  5.  Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater
  6.  Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones
  7.  Super Mario 64
  8.  Final Fantasy VI
  9.  Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn
  10.  Super Smash Bros.

how in the fuck is your 10th of the decade your 4th of all time and literally none of the other best 9 of the decade even cracked the list????????????????? like there is very clearly an order there

Edited by Integrity

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Integrity said:

sequence breaking is cool, but it needs to make you feel like you're earning the out of sequence shit you're getting; spam reloading until you get the deathclaw at the base of the particular rock you can shoot down onto is not earning.

 

EDIT:

this is totally unrelated but

how in the fuck is your 10th of the decade your 4th of all time and literally none of the other best 9 of the decade even cracked the list????????????????? like there is very clearly an order there

Didn't you see the "in no particular order" part on the top 10 of the decade list?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i'm going to stop being a bitch loser and actually consult my memories and construct the lists

 

top of the decade:

  1. XCOM2: War of the Chosen
  2. Battle Brothers
  3. Monster Hunter 3U
  4. Beat Hazard 2
  5. Rocket League
  6. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare
  7. Battletech
  8. Company of Heroes 2
  9. Undertale
  10. Dawn of War II - Retribution

 

top of all time:

  1. XCOM2: War of the Chosen
  2. Master of Magic
  3. Mechwarrior 3
  4. Battle Brothers
  5. Might and Magic VII
  6. Heroes of Might and Magic III
  7. Monster Hunter 3U
  8. Myth 2
  9. Left 4 Dead 2
  10. Beat Hazard 2

EDIT:

4 minutes ago, Faustino said:

Didn't you see the "in no particular order" part on the top 10 of the decade list?

i saw it, which is why i said that there is really obviously a particular order when one of the ten is in the upper echelon of your top games of all time and none of the others make it

Edited by Integrity

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ALL TIME

1 Myth II: Soulblighter
2 FIFA 01 / 06 / 11
XCOM - the OG
Majesty
Final Fantasy Tactics A2
6 Dragon Age II
World of Warcraft (retail)
8 FE: Three Houses
9 Age of Empires II
10 Final Fantasy X / X-2
11 Ogre Battle 64
12 SWTOR (vanilla)

THE DECADE

1 Dragon Age II
2 FE: Three Houses
Return of the Obra Dinn
4 Shadowrun Returns
5 Cook! Serve! Delicious! 2
6 Pyre
7 Dark Souls II
8 Battle Brothers
9 Pokemon Sun
10 XCOM 2
11 FE: Echoes
12 Saint's Row III

Honourable Mention Final Fantasy 3 for the DS was the first game I ever truly Owned, that was Mine. I love it to death. But it's fucking terrible, so.

Edited by Parrhesia

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'll just list all time as beyond these few games my list gets INSANELY messy as I can find enjoyment out of basically any game that isn't FPS, racing, or fighters (before people call heresy, FPS gives me motion sickness).

In no particular order these are:

  • Okami
  • Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn
  • Tales of Berseria
  • The Last of Us
  • Tomb Raider
  • Uncharted
  • Spyro
  • Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
  • Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask
  • Undertale

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Integrity said:

i'm going to stop being a bitch loser and actually consult my memories and construct the lists

 

top of the decade:

  1. XCOM2: War of the Chosen
  2. Battle Brothers
  3. Monster Hunter 3U
  4. Beat Hazard 2
  5. Rocket League
  6. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare
  7. Battletech
  8. Company of Heroes 2
  9. Undertale
  10. Dawn of War II - Retribution

 

top of all time:

  1. XCOM2: War of the Chosen
  2. Master of Magic
  3. Mechwarrior 3
  4. Battle Brothers
  5. Might and Magic VII
  6. Heroes of Might and Magic III
  7. Monster Hunter 3U
  8. Myth 2
  9. Left 4 Dead 2
  10. Beat Hazard 2

EDIT:

i saw it, which is why i said that there is really obviously a particular order when one of the ten is in the upper echelon of your top games of all time and none of the others make it

Well it's hard for me to actually list them in order from least to greatest or whatever so I just pick my top 10 I enjoyed the most and put them out there without thinking, alright.

I'm leaving it as it is, like it or not.

Edited by Faustino

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I will establish my superior tastes once and for all with these arbitrarily ordered and highly predictable lists:

Fave Games Of The Decade:

  • Alien: Isolation
  • Smash Ultimate
  • Valkyria Chronicles 4
  • Resident Evil 2 Remake
  • Darkest Dungeon
  • Portal 2
  • Super Mario Odyssey
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Night in the Woods
  • Animal Crossing: New Leaf

Fave Games Of All Time:

  • Final Fantasy XII
  • Silent Hill 3
  • Alien: Isolation
  • Ogre Battle 64: Person of Lordly Caliber
  • Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker
  • Mirror's Edge
  • Left 4 Dead 2
  • Jagged Alliance 2

i'm going to be unsatisfied with these lists in about 10 minutes i'm sure of it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Of the Decade there sure are a lot but off the top of my head:

  • Fire Emblem Awakening
  • Fallout New Vegas
  • NieR: Automata
  •  Red Dead Redemption 2
  • Persona 5
  • PS4 Spider-man
  • Journey 
  • Portal 2
  • God of War 3
  • Batman Arkham City

Of all time? Well that's too difficult for me to say.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Favorites of the decade:

  1. Europa Universalis IV (PC, 2013)
  2. Civilization V (PC, 2010)
  3. Crusader Kings II (PC, 2012)
  4. The Witcher III: Wild Hunt (Multi, 2015)
  5. DOTA 2 (PC, 2013)
  6. Divinity: Original Sin II (Multi, 2017)
  7. XCOM 2: War of the Chosen (Multi, 2016)
  8. Fallout: New Vegas (Multi, 2010)
  9. Fire Emblem: Three Houses (Switch, 2019)
  10. Total War: Shogun II (PC, 2011)

My all-time list is going to involve a lot of stuff from the 90's and even the 80's. It's not that I'm some kind of retro gaming hipster, I'm just old.

  1. Baldur's Gate 2: Shadows of Amn (PC, 2000)
  2. Deus Ex (PC, 2000)
  3. Mega Man 2 (NES, 1988)
  4. Final Fantasy VI (SNES, 1994)
  5. Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PSX, 1997)
  6. Rome: Total War (PC, 2004)
  7. Chrono Trigger (SNES, 1995)
  8. Ultima VII: the Black Gate (PC, 1992)
  9. Starcraft (PC, 1998)
  10. Unreal Tournament (PC, 1999)
  11. Betrayal at Krondor (PC, 1993)
  12. Crystalis (NES, 1990)
  13. Final Fantasy Tactics (PSX, 1997)
  14. Dragon Force (Saturn, 1996)
  15. One Must Fall: 2097 (PC, 1994)
  16. Europa Universalis IV (PC, 2013)
  17. Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic (PC, 2003)
  18. Civilization V (PC, 2010)
  19. Dragon Age: Origins (PC, 2009)
  20. Crusader Kings II (PC, 2012)
Edited by Kinney

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Instead of Top 10 over two time periods, how about Top 5 over four time periods (based on when I initially played them, not on release date):

 

Childhood (1999-2004):

5. Pokemon Yellow

4. Kirby: Nightmare in Dreamland

3. Spyro 3: Year of the Dragon (#9)

2. Crash Team Racing (#6)

1. Pokemon Crystal (#2)

 

Teenage Years (2005 - 2010):

10. Guitar Hero III

9. Super Mario Galaxy

8. Super Smash Bros Brawl

7. Ace Attorney: Trials and Tribulations 

6. Shadow Dragon

5. Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess

4. Sonic Adventure 2 Battle (#10)

3. Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door (#7)

2. Pokemon XD (#5)

1. Radiant Dawn (#1)

(Okay, maybe I had to expand this one. I was such a nerd.)

 

College Age (2011 - 2015):

5. Kid Icarus Uprising

4. Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward

3. Awakening

2. Pokemon Alpha Sapphire (#8)

1. 999: Nine Persons, Nine Hours, Nine Doors (#3)

 

Adulthood (2016 - 2019):

5. Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds

4. Professor Layton vs. Phoenix Wright

3. Pokemon Moon

2. Super Maro Odyssey

1. Three Houses (#4)

 

What the hey, I decided to follow up each of my overall (not necessarily current, but considering past enjoyment) top 10 with a proper ranking.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Favorite Games of The Decade (in no particular order):

  • Super Smash Bros Ultimate
  • Legend of Zelda Breath of The Wild
  • Metroid Samus Returns
  • Neir Automata
  • Fire Emblem Three Houses
  • Deus Ex Human Revolution
  • Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain
  • Shin Megami Tensei IV
  • Doom 4
  • God of War 4 
  • Dark Souls
  • Bloodborne
  • Sekiro Shadows Die Twice
  • Yakzua 0
  • Resident Evil 2 The Remake
  • Resident Evil 7
  • Fallout New Vegas
  • XCOM Enemy Within
  • Devil May Cry 5
  • Xenoblade Chronicles 
  • Xenoblade Chronicles 2
  • Astral Chain

And Favorite Games of All Time (again in no particular order):

  • Super Smash Bros Ultimate
  • Metroid Prime, Fusion, Samus Returns, and Prime 2
  • Legend of Zelda Breath of The Wild, A Link Between Worlds, Ocarina of Time, and Majora's Mask
  • Metal Gear Solid 2 and 3
  • Fire Emblem Three Houses, Radiant Dawn, and Path of Radiance
  • Bayonetta
  • Xenoblade Chronicles 1 and 2
  • Doom 4
  • Resident Evil 2(Remake), 7, 4, and Original(Remake)
  • Castlevania Aria of Sorrow, Super IV, Rondo of Blood, and Symphony of The Night
  • Ninja Gaiden Black and II
  • Shin Megami Tensei IV, Digital Devil Saga Duology, and Strange Journey
  • Dark Souls

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...