Best legendary banner of the month of November

MirandaFriege

Best legendary banner of the month of November  

38 members have voted

1. 1. which of the November legendary banners have you liked most so far?

• Fjorm November 2017
    • Hríd November 2018
    • Altina November 2019
  2. 2. which of the two versions of Corrin deserves to have a legendary alt?

3. 3. Would you like to see Brave Eliwood on the next December legendary banner?

Female Corrin should be the legendary one, male Corrin is one of the dumbest designs ever. Though female isn't all that much better due to her forced exposed thighs.

As cool as Altina is, I have more bias for Hrid, so I vote him.

Eliwood can be on the banner, sure. Why not?

9 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Though female isn't all that much better due to her forced exposed thighs.

The exposed thighs are the best part and I will fight you on that. It may only be a grade B absolute territory but it’s a good one. Yeah I know I’m a degenerate what of it.

1 minute ago, Ottservia said:

The exposed thighs are the best part and I will fight you on that. It may only be a grade B absolute territory but it’s a good one. Yeah I know I’m a degenerate what of it.

Why do females have to expose their thighs while only males can have full pants? It's sexist and stupid.

Just now, Anacybele said:

Why do females have to expose their thighs while only males can have full pants? It's sexist and stupid.

Stupid? Maybe depends on the context. Sexist? I wouldn’t say so. Because the parts of a man that one would consider sexually alluring are different from that of a females. That’s just basic anatomy. 

5 minutes ago, Ottservia said:

Stupid? Maybe depends on the context. Sexist? I wouldn’t say so. Because the parts of a man that one would consider sexually alluring are different from that of a females. That’s just basic anatomy. 

No, it's sexist because it involves forcing just females to do something that you never do for men just because they're females. If you're forcing something on one gender that you won't do on the other (but can do on the other, of course) because of gender reasons, it's sexism. Like how "men shouldn't hit women" but women can hit them back. That is sexist too. Men should be allowed to hit women to defend themselves. They have every right to defend themselves if they're attacked. Another example is not hiring a woman simply because she's a woman. That's also sexist. Corrin is forced to have open thighs seemingly just because she's female.

Edited by Anacybele

1) It's obviously hard to retrospectively value banners but I think in this case I think I clearly had the best time with the 2017 banner. I think I got four or five heroes out of it, even if two of them were Xander. There was also a Hector and Bridelia, can't remember if I got an Ike too since I tend to get him randomly. I don't recall summoning on the 2018 one at all - I mean I'm sure I did at least the free summon but I was taking a break from the game back then. And this year I only did one round, which admittedly gave me two 5-stars.

2) Legendary Corrin will likely be female and that's fine. Doesn't matter who has more alts since justice is an illusion, the more popular character wins.

3) No, I wouldn't mind pulling Eliwood eventually but I hope he doesn't appear yet. This is because I really want Summer Laegjarn to appear on February's banner (alongside Azura and Julia), and the only way that happens is if Lukas and one of the brides appears in December and the other bride in January since those are the only open blue slots. I have no interest in any of Lukas, Tanith or Pent and would hate to see a potentially perfect blue line-up in February ruined by them.

Edited by Humanoid

The first banner got me Ayra (Also Live for Honour and Aether fodder) and for what it was it could have been worse.

I mean, the Hrid banner was pretty decent on Red/Blue. On the other hand I went to 12% on it for 1 5* so it can burn in hell.

Altina's was cool. I didn't get her, or the blues I wanted (Dammit Fjorm and two Sothisis!) but the powercreep is insane these days.

Honestly the M!Corrin should be picked, but we'll see and I suspect it'll be F!Corrin.

I'd be down with Brave Eliwood.

I don't think any hero "deserves" anything. It's not like they did anything to earn anything. Everything is up to IS' discretion if you ask me. However, let's see... Fallen Corrin is female, NY Corrin is male, Summer Corrin is female, and both have Adrift alts and their standard forms. So, M!Corrin is behind by 1 form.

Also, blue seasonal units have something of a backlog. Brave Eliwood can wait, especially since he can be summoned outside of special events.

4 hours ago, Anacybele said:

No, it's sexist because it involves forcing just females to do something that you never do for men just because they're females. If you're forcing something on one gender that you won't do on the other (but can do on the other, of course) because of gender reasons, it's sexism. Like how "men shouldn't hit women" but women can hit them back. That is sexist too. Men should be allowed to hit women to defend themselves. They have every right to defend themselves if they're attacked. Another example is not hiring a woman simply because she's a woman. That's also sexist. Corrin is forced to have open thighs seemingly just because she's female.

so... who forced her to have open thighs?
What if that's how she wanted to dress? 

3 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

so... who forced her to have open thighs?
What if that's how she wanted to dress? 

The people involved with the game's outfit design. 

2 minutes ago, Othin said:

The people involved with the game's outfit design. 

but why is it "forced"? Was there documentation saying they were going to have closed thighs, but someone demanded Corrin was drawn with open? Or that she had to be sexualized? because that's forced. (to me). I don't personally find anything wrong with Corrin's outfit. and I don't find it sexualized. My biggest thing is why do they fight without shoes. that's more weird to me than Corrin having exposed thighs. (which i actually had to google because I didn't even remember that). 

Because it's literally the only notable difference between her outfit and male Corrin's. So it was like "give them both the same outfit, but make the female's thighs open because female!"

Edited by Anacybele

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Because it's literally the only notable difference between her outfit and male Corrin's. So it was like "give them both the same outfit, but make the female's thighs open because female!"

It wasn’t “because female” no, the reason was more along the lines of “because it’s kind of sexy and cute” and yes there is a difference. If that’s the reason then the same design philosophy would not work on Male Corrin because what makes a male’s body sexy is different from what makes a female’s body sexy. That’s just how anatomy works. With Male Corrin’s design, Kozaki seems to be going for a more cute male look if we’re talking about why the design would appeal to people. I mean he’s kinda cute to me but that’s just my opinion.

3 minutes ago, Ottservia said:

It wasn’t “because female” no, the reason was more along the lines of “because it’s kind of sexy and cute” and yes there is a difference. If that’s the reason then the same design philosophy would not work on Male Corrin because what makes a male’s body sexy is different from what makes a female’s body sexy. That’s just how anatomy works. With Male Corrin’s design, Kozaki seems to be going for a more cute male look if we’re talking about why the design would appeal to people. I mean he’s kinda cute to me but that’s just my opinion.

But they didn't do anything to make male Corrin "sexy." It's not like he's shirtless or he got a big crotch bulge or muscles or something. He looks average/normal.

So why does female Corrin get "sexy/cute" looks and he doesn't? I still think it's sexist. And girls can still look cute with pants/leggings too for that matter. This is the point I'm making. A girl doesn't have to be pantsless to look good.

One reason I really like TH character designs is that we finally got some more females who wear pants or leggings, like Ingrid and Annette, even though there are still a few others who don't (Hilda and Dorothea for instance). I don't like female Byleth's leggings, but at least her thighs aren't totally exposed.

Edited by Anacybele

4 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

But they didn't do anything to make male Corrin "sexy." It's not like he's shirtless or he got a big crotch bulge or muscles or something. He looks average/normal.

First of all, Male Corrin’s design is more on the cute than sexy side if you ask me. He looks like one of the subs you’ll find in a BL or yaoi manga if I were to describe it which has its own appeal. His design is not nearly as dynamic as his feminine counterpart but it certainly has its appeal

8 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

So why does female Corrin get "sexy/cute" looks and he doesn't? I still think it's sexist. And girls can still look cute with pants/leggings too for that matter. This is the point I'm making. A girl doesn't have to be pantsless to look good.

Secondly, on that same token, girls can look cute and sexy with the thigh window. Did she have to have a thigh window? No, but Kozaki wanted her to have one and I don’t see why that’s such a bad thing. If a guy wants to draw a cute girl just let him do it. I fail to see the issue here. It’s quite literally just a drawing and no one is actually getting hurt by it so what exactly is the issue here?

1 minute ago, Ottservia said:

I don’t see why that’s such a bad thing. If a guy wants to draw a cute girl just let him do it. I fail to see the issue here. It’s quite literally just a drawing and no one is actually getting hurt by it so what exactly is the issue here?

It's an issue because, as a girl, I am sick of seeing all of these hyper-sexualized girls in my media! Stop forcing every female to have her boobs out, stop giving girls incomprehensible armor in fighting games/movies, just stop! Being a female character does not mean it's warranted to treat them as fetish material. Also, by the way, it does hurt actual people and all you have to do is look at the body image issues that many young girls have because of the media they consume on a regular basis. I'm not saying make Corrin ugly or fat or anything because she's in a war game, but thigh cut outs are stupid, she's going to get stabbed and bleed out of her femoral artery and no it is not too much to ask that a guy refrains from drawing all of the girls in his game like that. You can be cute without thigh cut outs, boob cut outs, no pants, etc. Just take a look at art in the older games. The ones that wear armor in those games wear armor. It's not always the most well designed armor, but it looks like functional, will actually protect them, armor. Those that wear the skimpier outfits are not frontline fighters and even then it's determined based on personality! Micaiah is a mage but she doesn't run around with thigh cut outs.

Ahem. Anyway, I really liked the Altina banner this month. I always really wanted her to show up in Heroes so now that she has I'm super excited. I don't care for Corrin that much but I voted female because that's the most likely to happen. I'd love Brave Eliwood to show up as I wanted him initially and he never showed up on the Brave banner, that thing hated my guts.

9 minutes ago, Ottservia said:

First of all, Male Corrin’s design is more on the cute than sexy side if you ask me. He looks like one of the subs you’ll find in a BL or yaoi manga if I were to describe it which has its own appeal. His design is not nearly as dynamic as his feminine counterpart but it certainly has its appeal

Secondly, on that same token, girls can look cute and sexy with the thigh window. Did she have to have a thigh window? No, but Kozaki wanted her to have one and I don’t see why that’s such a bad thing. If a guy wants to draw a cute girl just let him do it. I fail to see the issue here. It’s quite literally just a drawing and no one is actually getting hurt by it so what exactly is the issue here?

Any individual instance would not be an issue on its own. The problem is that it happens so often that it contributes to a shortage of female characters in practical outfits.

It's particularly frustrating on self insert characters like Corrin and Byleth, when it means not getting a female self insert option who dresses practically. 

Edited by Othin

26 minutes ago, Silver-Haired Maiden said:

It's an issue because, as a girl, I am sick of seeing all of these hyper-sexualized girls in my media! Stop forcing every female to have her boobs out, stop giving girls incomprehensible armor in fighting games/movies, just stop! Being a female character does not mean it's warranted to treat them as fetish material. Also, by the way, it does hurt actual people and all you have to do is look at the body image issues that many young girls have because of the media they consume on a regular basis. I'm not saying make Corrin ugly or fat or anything because she's in a war game, but thigh cut outs are stupid, she's going to get stabbed and bleed out of her femoral artery and no it is not too much to ask that a guy refrains from drawing all of the girls in his game like that. You can be cute without thigh cut outs, boob cut outs, no pants, etc. Just take a look at art in the older games. The ones that wear armor in those games wear armor. It's not always the most well designed armor, but it looks like functional, will actually protect them, armor. Those that wear the skimpier outfits are not frontline fighters and even then it's determined based on personality! Micaiah is a mage but she doesn't run around with thigh cut outs.

Ahem. Anyway, I really liked the Altina banner this month. I always really wanted her to show up in Heroes so now that she has I'm super excited. I don't care for Corrin that much but I voted female because that's the most likely to happen. I'd love Brave Eliwood to show up as I wanted him initially and he never showed up on the Brave banner, that thing hated my guts.

Basically this post. It wouldn't be as much of an issue if we still saw a more reasonable number of girls in pants/leggings as well. I'm not totally against a girl wearing a skirt or dress sometimes.

My random appreciation post for male Corrin;

Male Corrin is really cute. I love how Maiponpon draws him in heroes—his OG form, the NY and Adrift versions all make him look super pretty boy. He is not overly macho passing, and Cam Clarke’s voice for him is rather sweet, innocent and rather naive sounding. I think he gives him the easily impressionable characteristic very well through his acting. 

Anyway, I like Hrid as a unit, and the fact that his banner gave us him, I am appreciative of him. Fjorm is good too though!