New Feh Channel is LIVE!

Anacybele

Book 4 does nothing for me. I don't like Sprites, the transition from dark and edgy to genericfantasycutesyMMO is too jarring and Peony does nothing for me. As for Peony herself as a unit she competes greatly with L!Azura but she is free so if you don't have her then she will be an amazing asset. I don't see her replacing any of my 3 Eirs in AR light season though, even if she's a dancer. I like the Stoic evil sprite though, not the "sexy" one.

Mjolnir's Strike looks interesting but I'm on the fence for now. I have to see if it'll be genuinely fun or if it'll become another one of those chore modes that you just slog through to get the rewards. I'm cautiously optimistic for the former though.

Finally the banner, it's a shame they shoehorned the OC into the New Heroes banner instead of doing a Hero Fest with a raised rate like with Eir. You know you could have just made it a 3 man NH banner or threw Tanya on it and made her a 3-4* after it was over instead but meh, maybe they lack faith in Thracia. As for the units, Mareeta is certainly a strange one, Slaying Edge with Spectrum Solo 2 and Null-Followup is pretty crazy. Hit and Run isn't that great but the damage reduction she gets from it is pretty nuts.

Eyvel is the clear demote which is great as she brings a fun new sword, form skill and Chill ATK into the pool. Sucks to pull her as a pitybreaker on this banner going for Mareeta though. Osian looks like a boss in terms of unit performance but I'm pretty happy building up my Ross right now and his art does nothing for me. Still conditional DC with a Slaying effect + what's essentially Guard+Wrath on enemy phase is terrifying so he'll be a desirable pitybreaker down the line. Tanya's got the best art and she looks like an utter boss. She'll never compete with L!Alm in my barracks but I do hope she at least brings some nice fodder to the table. Lastly there's Peony who... I can't see myself ever pulling for.

We'll get 4 tickets + the free summon from this one because of Forging Bonds (which we'll get Peony instead of Tanya which is a colossal waste) so probably will go for red and green on those, spending minimal orbs and then I'm out. Gonna do one last summon now on Altina's banner now that I know this is what's waiting in a day.

All in all, FEH channel's been better but this was pretty good. QoL menu change was a long time coming as well. Hope Divine Codes end up being for something great like Skill Refines or Unlocking further potential and not more meaningless fluff. We really didn't need more currencies, let's wait and see if this one is worth it. Also wonder if Mjolnir Strike will be a weekly affair. That's going to get exhausting fast if it is.

Edited by Zeo

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess fairies appeal to girls more, so they made them very sexy to appeal to males also?  The new mode looks okay, will see how it plays.  Thracia 776 getting another banner, who could have thought!?  Well chosen characters for the banner and the new light mythic, one of which we get for free looks to encourage completely different team types than the Eir one.  

LOL y'all, why Alfonse and Sharena look like they stepped in a ring of mushrooms in the forest?

For real though, this is an interesting new direction for Book 4.  I look forward to the story, but remember I was disappointed with how Book 3 played out.  It had so much potential, so I'll reserve judgement on the new story for now.

We get Elves and a genki girl OC just as predicted, but I'm not digging the aesthetic. Though I've not watched the series, it looks too much like Sword Art Online. 

Just give us Hall of Forms again, please. 

Edited by Thane

Aaand... This Feh channel didn't spark interest. Not to say it's bad, but the game feels stagnant. My enjoyment of it is at an all time low. Guess I'll wait until April for new summoning pool changes. Wonder what kind of dumpster fire the 3rd anniversary will be like.

Meh..not really digging the fairy aesthetic.

Good for Thracia fans, and Tanya looks cool so there's another colourless in the list that I hope visits one day with Chad and Tethys. Kinda a shame OC gets shoved in the banner but at least Tanya is immediately more accessible.

So I guess Thorr is really more for 'mode' side-stories huh? 

Only just got around to the video:

- Eyes glazed over while Feh was explaining the new mode. The key point I got from it is that Mythic heroes now have functionality beyond Aether Raids, and therefore Aether Raids can be deleted, right? Right?

- The ability to change skills and seals from the unit profile screen is manna from heaven.

- Arena change is fantastic.

- New banner is dull as dishwater.

- New mythic hero ruins my summoning plans for February next year. I get that she's the next best dancer to Lazura but did they really have to be the same unit type? Irritating.

- Feh seems especially drunk today. I wouldn't blame the VA for getting blackout drunk preparing for this role to be fair.

53 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

Only just got around to the video:

- Eyes glazed over while Feh was explaining the new mode. The key point I got from it is that Mythic heroes now have functionality beyond Aether Raids, and therefore Aether Raids can be deleted, right? Right?

- The ability to change skills and seals from the unit profile screen is manna from heaven.

- Arena change is fantastic.

- New banner is dull as dishwater.

- New mythic hero ruins my summoning plans for February next year. I get that she's the next best dancer to Lazura but did they really have to be the same unit type? Irritating.

- Feh seems especially drunk today. I wouldn't blame the VA for getting blackout drunk preparing for this role to be fair.

The Arena change is horrible. It removes the last part of skill Arena had is now gone. It’s purely scoring based now since one bonus kill is enough. Anyone can do that. So it means we’ll need to fish more for the highest possible score. It just means the entire arena becomes a score check, whereas it at least now was at least a tiny little more skill based. 

16 minutes ago, Vicious Sal said:

The Arena change is horrible. It removes the last part of skill Arena had is now gone. It’s purely scoring based now since one bonus kill is enough. Anyone can do that. So it means we’ll need to fish more for the highest possible score. It just means the entire arena becomes a score check, whereas it at least now was at least a tiny little more skill based. 

I kinda get this, but on the other hand just building 3 units as cheerleaders and artificially lowering their killing power so they dont kill stuff just by initiating is kinda wasted potential too.

Wow, the quantity of news was disappointing. The channel was bloated by the new mode (couldn't they move it to "learn with Sharena?"), which btw. is 2/3 not fighting. Improvement over Lost lore by 33% at least. 

I welcome the arena changes, even if it gets less challenging like @Vicious Sal mentioned. I never made my arena core cheerleaders though, so I might try harder now to maintain tier 21.

The fairy theme is kind of odd and generic. Not a fan. Why not a new fire-emblem-ish world with "real"story elements?

5 hours ago, Icelerate said:

Galeforce strats in light season have become a lot easier. 

This is the first thing I thought as well. Not sure if to go for a second Pony. 

I was never interested in the skill aspect of FEH so whatever is most expedient works for me. Hell, make it so you have a fixed score for your team like ABs to kill off fishing and I'll be doubly happy.

Granted the full extent of which I optimised for Arena was to put a couple of Chill seals on. The team is just whatever +10s I have that complement the bonus unit, with their stock builds. Glad I won't have to do that anymore, even if it's become easier to swap out seals in the update.

Speaking of expediency, one possible plus of the new dancer is that I guess I can just leave a full flier-oriented kit on Lazura now and just use whatshername for mixed team content like AR. That said, I've been contemplating quitting AR cold turkey so the point may be moot.

11 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

I was never interested in the skill aspect of FEH so whatever is most expedient works for me. Hell, make it so you have a fixed score for your team like ABs to kill off fishing and I'll be doubly happy.

Granted the full extent of which I optimised for Arena was to put a couple of Chill seals on. The team is just whatever +10s I have that complement the bonus unit, with their stock builds. Glad I won't have to do that anymore, even if it's become easier to swap out seals in the update.

Speaking of expediency, one possible plus of the new dancer is that I guess I can just leave a full flier-oriented kit on Lazura now and just use whatshername for mixed team content like AR. That said, I've been contemplating quitting AR cold turkey so the point may be moot.

The skill ceiling being lowered is not what worries me by itself, it’s the skill floor being raised, which might jeopardise my rewards since more people can more easily contend for the max rewards. This pushes the max arena score up and forces me to fish more for max score matches.

8 minutes ago, Vicious Sal said:

The skill ceiling being lowered is not what worries me by itself, it’s the skill floor being raised, which might jeopardise my rewards since more people can more easily contend for the max rewards. This pushes the max arena score up and forces me to fish more for max score matches.

I understand insofar as I've only really actively fished for score a couple of times ever (which is the total number of times I've been in T21), more than a year apart. The first time in particular was potentially the worst time I've ever had "playing" the game. I'm not unsympathetic but ultimately it's a change that helps more people than it hinders so I believe it's better for the health of the game overall.

Ok the new mode was too complicated for my tiny brain, so I didn't pay attention to that part.

Thracia banner looks awesome. If there is a banner to sacrifice Farfetched for, that banner is Thracia. Still can't believe they murdered Farfetched live... so brutal.

And also KEMPF! KEMPF!!! 

New book looks interesting and a nice change from the edgyness of Book 3.

But I swear to Yune IS, we are literally visiting the kingdom of flowers, fun, dreams and games, if Sharena does not have a big role HERE I'm losing respect in you guys.

About the new races... they are awesome. Completely unprecedented, and it's great. Some fairy haters (smh. How can you hate fairies? Do you also hate children, rainbows, sweets and the concept of happiness?) might be disappointed that a "generic" fantasy race is joining the oh, so not generic canon of Fire Emblem, but:

1) those are techincally elves and dark elves, so they already didn't go for the more generic possible look for them. Good call because pointed ears aren't enough to tell which species you are in FE.

2) When was the last they added a legit new type of people in FE? PoR? About damn time, I say. It just sucks that, this being a mobile game and all, elves won't get the unique mechanics they would have gotten if they were created for Three Houses for example.

But I am slightly disappointed that they didn't make dark elves with dark skin like usual with fantasy. At least we still have the Muspell ladies.

4 hours ago, Thane said:

We get Elves and a genki girl OC just as predicted, but I'm not digging the aesthetic. Though I've not watched the series, it looks too much like Sword Art Online. 

Just give us Hall of Forms again, please. 

Now that I think about it, we got a serious girl (Fjorm), a sad girl (Eir) and now an happy girl (Peony). Nice variety, can we get a sarcastic girl for book 5? Like Midna from The Legend of Zelda? Thanks.

P.S.: about SAO. I won't say that the style of the new world and characters really look like it that much. But the part where they fly definily reminds me of Sword Art Online. The first thing I thought while watching it was "wow, this really looks like the Fairy Dance arc.

Overall not too impressed. The only good thing for me, we dont get farfetched 3 yet. Altina took me by surprise and burned a whole in my orbs stash. Now I will have more time to stock up. Definitely not interested in the new banner. Will pull green for Reyson, sigh.

59 minutes ago, Vicious Sal said:

This is intended by IS, because they want to push people to pull for the new high BST: 185 Armor and Tier 4 Skills. Which will hit us prolly around in 3 Months or less.

Most current or future Tier 4 Skills are useless in Arena because you A: Either running a Duell A-Slot skill or B-doesnt give much cheerleading or C-is too powerfull and might net in a kill for the wrong unit.

This way they can prompt new devestating Tier 4 skills like Quick-Vantage-Brash-Riposte 88939885393 and you still get the bonus kill +12 with that one bonus unit, because you only need to kill 1 enemy with it per battle.

I'm okay with the new trailer. I don't pay much attention to the story anyway. What was the red haired fairy's name again? I liked her design a lot better than the other one's.

As for the banner, it's an easy skip for me. I basically decided that unless the banner includes a good Tellius character or 3H character, I'm not pulling. The free unit really comes in handy for me then lol.

8 hours ago, Zeo said:

I like the Stoic evil sprite though, not the "sexy" one.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels this way. I said it before, but Plumeria looks like she's just going to be another Loki and that was honestly my one fear going into this (besides Sharena and Anna not having anything to do, of course).

Speaking of Mjolnir's Strike though, has anyone tried that out? It takes the customisability of AR and applies it to PvE content, so you're not having to deal with B!Veronicas, Ophelias and all the other broken units players use. I've only done the test battles obviously, but it's quite fun so far! Also, the Muspell and Ljosalf structures are Duo Hector and Ephraim's Skills respectively (the latter affects all allies instead), so maybe the others are also (approximations of) Duo Skills we can expect in the future?

Edited by DefyingFates

34 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels this way. I said it before, but Plumeria looks like she's just going to be another Loki

Pfffft! She wishes! To me she looks like the least important minor bad guy of the book that's gonna be forgotten quickly except for the obligatory summer alt, and even then, her red haired friend will be the star of that banner.

She dreams that she could have been present since Book 1 like Loki.

She only dreams that she could be so important, cunning and involved like Loki. Mark my words, draconic-real-form Loki will be the true final boss, after betraying Thorr, the Allfather and us.

Let's stop the comparison here tho, I'm starting to feel sorry for our poor, puny pixie enemy, Plumeria.

23 minutes ago, GrandeRampel said:

Pfffft! She wishes! To me she looks like the least important minor bad guy of the book that's gonna be forgotten quickly except for the obligatory summer alt

You know what I mean! I'm just sick of the forced fanservice characters...

Minor point, but the lights flying up at the start of the Book 4 trailer are people's consciousnesses going to dreamland, right?

9 hours ago, Zeo said:

the transition from dark and edgy to genericfantasycutesyMMO is too jarring

If book 4 came before book 3, that would make more sense. Or if book 3 never existed. Or if book 4 never existed. Or if this game never existed

11 hours ago, Tybrosion said:

Yeah.....too bad she isn't going to last very long in my barracks before I pawn her off to Ripto so that he can feed her to Gulp *ahem* dispose of her. I kinda have an....extreme policy when it comes to the FEH OCs.

As long as you fodder'd them it's all good. Or turned them into manuals. Sending them home would be a waste!

EHEH

Edited by Arcanite

46 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

You know what I mean! I'm just sick of the forced fanservice characters...

I don't know what you're talking about xD

Ok, but jokes aside, how are you guys so sure that Plumeria will be the fanservice one?

She and Triandria have almost the same outfit. Triandria is even more sexualized in fact, since she decided it would be a good idea to show some breast skin.

And for how little we can gather of their personality, Plumeria seems more playful and funny, while Triandra seems more cruel and serious, but they are not acting in a sexual manner unless I've become blind to this stuff.

For how I see it it's just as likely thar Triandra will be the one to make the sex jokes, perhaps in a sadistic kind of way, and Plumeria will be more innocent (relatively. I don't know how innocent a killer dark elf can be).

Or maybe they will both be sexualized equally.

What I'm curious is what makes you think that Plumeria is more sexualized than Triandra. Not joking, I'm really asking for your opinion.

Edited by GrandeRampel