Potential Classes for future lords

Jotari

1 hour ago, Metal Flash said:

I meant it more as, I don`t mind the Lord primarly using swords. You do have a point though. I would like to see a Lord Class that could use magic alongside swords one day,. I know Celica technically does this already, but I feel they should give it another shot. 

Don’t forget Robin. Not technically a lord, but still.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

18 hours ago, Jotari said:

For those saying they don't hate sword lords, we can still have sword lords with diversity included. Like say a lord that is sword infantry at base but promotes to cavalry with an axe rank part way through the game.

Sort of like Lyn and Eliwood in FE7?

7 hours ago, Metal Flash said:

I meant it more as, I don`t mind the Lord primarly using swords. You do have a point though. I would like to see a Lord Class that could use magic alongside swords one day,. I know Celica technically does this already, but I feel they should give it another shot. 

Robin, as pointed out and Byleth in his/her unique class.

4 hours ago, Paper Jam said:

Sort of like Lyn and Eliwood in FE7?

Exactly. Though personally in those cases I actually wish Lyn and Eliwood weren't sword lords, but bow and lance respectively. So much so that I made a hack that did just that.

3 hours ago, Jotari said:

Exactly. Though personally in those cases I actually wish Lyn and Eliwood weren't sword lords, but bow and lance respectively. So much so that I made a hack that did just that.

The “Lycian Knight” appears to be the predecessor of Eliwood’s Lord class; it is a mounted class that wields both swords and lances (with a higher proficiency in lances) and promotes into a Paladin.

Unused FE7 data.

13 hours ago, Jotari said:

Robin, as pointed out and Byleth in his/her unique class.

Not sure how I forgot about those two, considering the amount of times I`ve played their games. Either way, I`d love if they gave it another shot with a non avatar Lord (even though I doubt those are going away anytime soon).

13 hours ago, Jotari said:

Exactly. Though personally in those cases I actually wish Lyn and Eliwood weren't sword lords, but bow and lance respectively. So much so that I made a hack that did just that

I can definetaly agree with Lyn using bows, and Eliwood using lances would make him an even greater foil to Hector.

19 hours ago, CyberController said:

Don’t forget Robin. Not technically a lord, but still.

Of course,I completly forgot about them, I guess cause they`re not really a Lord.

A tyoe of Lord i`d be interested to see again would be a Mage Lord. In my dreams it would be one Lord using light magic and another using dark magic, but since they`ve shifted over to only two types of Magic I don`t see that happening anymore sadly.

12 hours ago, Metal Flash said:

Not sure how I forgot about those two, considering the amount of times I`ve played their games. Either way, I`d love if they gave it another shot with a non avatar Lord (even though I doubt those are going away anytime soon).

I can definetaly agree with Lyn using bows, and Eliwood using lances would make him an even greater foil to Hector.

Of course,I completly forgot about them, I guess cause they`re not really a Lord.

A tyoe of Lord i`d be interested to see again would be a Mage Lord. In my dreams it would be one Lord using light magic and another using dark magic, but since they`ve shifted over to only two types of Magic I don`t see that happening anymore sadly.

Wouldn't shifting over to two types of magic not make this idea even more likely?

5 hours ago, Jotari said:

Wouldn't shifting over to two types of magic not make this idea even more likely?

Not if every magic class can use both types. It could technically work, but I don`t see it happening. If I could dream, then I would want the magic triangle back and then have a pair of Lords, one who uses light magic and one who uses dark magic. It could happen with current magic system, but I don`t think it will.

9 hours ago, Metal Flash said:

Not if every magic class can use both types. It could technically work, but I don`t see it happening. If I could dream, then I would want the magic triangle back and then have a pair of Lords, one who uses light magic and one who uses dark magic. It could happen with current magic system, but I don`t think it will.

I'm still not getting how a system with a triangle is more likely for a dual theme than a system with literal dual magic types. If you're going to have one dark and one light lord, a system with a weapon triangle is going to low key demand an anima lord to complete the triangle.

10 minutes ago, Jotari said:

I'm still not getting how a system with a triangle is more likely for a dual theme than a system with literal dual magic types. If you're going to have one dark and one light lord, a system with a weapon triangle is going to low key demand an anima lord to complete the triangle.

That is true, didn`t think about that. Guess I confused what I wanted with what would work best, my bad.

• 2 months later...

I wonder why no one say something about summoner lord. Like modern day have aircraft carrier, the lord is like a big ship with ability to create, command, and perform stratagem with mini units at his disposal.

It maybe weird but I think people don't give much thought about it.

A Pegasus rider female lord would also be great. I'd like to see a female lord shinning without sharing spotlight with a lot of guys that are more righteous than her, I think it's  time. 

Elincia was the only one but she can't be considered the proper lord of the game