Book IV's Summoning Begins: Peony & More (Dec 5 ~) New trailer style!

Coolmanio

Thracia banner! And with the most important character, too.

I'm not particularly bothered by the OC taking up a slot since Thracia itself still gets five, although I'm not too enthusiastic about all of those five - Kempf and Tanya were far from my highest picks, and I don't feel much need for a second Mareeta. I also wish Peony hadn't taken over the banner's name. Still, Osian is exactly who I wanted and Eyvel is sweet as well - is she going to demote?

The faerie theme is interesting, although a lot of the outfits are awful. I'd thought a second free Light hero would be too generous, but I'll take it. Odd that she's sort of a second Legendary Azura, though. PM1 will be happy, I'm sure.

3 minutes ago, Florete said:

When even was the last seasonal?

We have two Mareetas, three Reinhardts...and one Anna.

October.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

9 minutes ago, eclipse said:

Technically three, but I'm glad Mareeta's sane on this banner~!

I wasn't counting Mareeta... in America.

With the way FEH treats female swordfighters, I knew she'd get a sane version sometime. But managing to drag a handful of characters with her is beyond my wildest dreams. The only way is could have been better is if Galzus had been the GHB.

@Othin@Osian is still available, get on it šŸ˜›

Kempf is a pretty out there pick, but I've always lowkey thought Tanya would have a good chance of coming with Osian because most other characters he interacts with are also axemen.

Edited by Baldrick

2 minutes ago, Baldrick said:

With the way FEH treats female swordfighters, I knew she'd get a sane version sometime. But managing to drag a handful of characters with her is beyond my wildest dreams. The only way is could have been better is if Galzus had been the GHB.

The lack of Ayra alts says otherwise~!Ā  šŸ˜›

I'm pumped that Osain finally made it in, even if the name of his axe leaves me with a lot of questions.

1 minute ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Kempf GHB is also coming.

Mentioned earlier in this topic.

5 minutes ago, Baldrick said:

@Othin@Osian is still available, get on it šŸ˜›

Kempf is a pretty out there pick, but I've always lowkey thought Tanya would have a good chance of coming with Osian because most other characters he interacts with are also axemen.

Hey, do I look like an Osian to you?

Just now, Diovani Bressan said:

Oh, sorry... I didn't notice it.

I never played Thracia, so... What kind of character Kempf is? Both as unit type and personality.

Recurring minor antagonist, huge blowhard and somewhat of a meme. Mounted thunder mage, so presumably blue tome cavalry.

Wonder if he'll finally add Thoron+ to the game.

Just now, Othin said:

Recurring minor antagonist, huge blowhard and somewhat of a meme. Mounted thunder mage, so presumably blue tome cavalry.

Wonder if he'll finally add Thoron+ to the game.

He's a sword unit apparently. His model was found.

I said this on the Feh Channel thread, but this banner's probably the first I'm all in on in a long time. Osian, Eyvel, Mareeta, hell 3-4* Tanya. I am on board, the skills are neat and Peony.... I can skip. GG my orbs.

5 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

I never played Thracia, so... What kind of character Kempf is? Both as unit type and personality.

Kempf's a dick of a general who screws over OlwenĀ and sets her as a fall guy when Leif shows up at Dandrum so he canĀ get at Reinhardt despite this being something that kindĀ of prevents him from doing the job he's supposed to do. He also runs off after this, where he only shows up in one half of the route split.

Also in the old patch he makes Leif fall into his trap. In America.

Edited by Dayni

3 minutes ago, eclipse said:

Ā 

I guess that controversy of her debut is still tough to overcome

You wouldn't say his axe is in vogue, then?

1 minute ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Oh, sorry... I didn't notice it.

Not entirely unlike Narcian. He also has a one-sided rivalry with The Reinhardt.

Good lord that focus. I was interested in Mareeta's B Skill, but sharing a colorĀ with the possibleĀ demote on a 4-man banner is a big yikes. Combined with Peony being free, I'm giving this banner a hard pass.

Edited by Some Jerk

20 minutes ago, eclipse said:

It'll be called "Larcei".šŸ˜‰

And this gives me an interesting joke idea they'd never do- Shannan and Shannam on the same banner, with near identical art.

Ā 

20 minutes ago, eclipse said:

Ā 

I'm pumped that Osain finally made it in, even if the name of his axe leaves me with a lot of questions.

I remember Wei Yan had a weapon called a "Double Voulge" in Dynasty Warriors. Here is the Wikipedia page for what a voulge is, this might explain the name, minus one letter.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Voulge

Ā 

14 minutes ago, Sentinel07 said:

He's a sword unit apparently. His model was found.

And it's probably the Venin Edge, which he does have in his secondĀ and final gameplay appearance in FE5. But it's based on the PoR model.:

75px-FEPR_Venin_Edge_concept.png

Ā 

Ā 

And a little random, someone said Osian's artist drew a robot in a bara gatcha.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

THRACIA!!!!!
evil Mareeta didn't block regular MAREETA!!
OSian NICE !!! (Why the Vouge... oh even that can't dampen my enthusiasm for this banner)

TANYA YES, THAT 3/4 STAR POOL IS EXCELLENT!

Even Kempf, that is going to be the best GHB...IN AMERICA
...sorry for all the shouting, but I am just so excited Thracia is finally getting some love.

26 minutes ago, Baldrick said:

Kempf is a pretty out there pick,

With all the memes, and a personal vendetta against The Reinhardt, how could they not?

Ā 

11 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Shannan and Shannam on the same banner, with near identical art.

...That would be amazing.

Ah, so glad it only took them a year to realize we don't like being told every unit right at the beginning of the video.
...I don't at least.

Mareeta...hm... you know, after her Fallen counterpart came with a Desperation 4 effect, I was kinda hoping actual Mareeta would get even better... oh well...

Eyvel... hm, interesting sword, both in looks and effect. Guess it's about that time then, we bring even more seasonal weapon effects to the summoning pool. First Witchy Wand to Melancholy, now we have a Guard sword... otherwise she looks to be the most obvious demote option so far.

Osian looks like a high-energy guy. Interesting that he gets a conditional DC on his weapon to make room for Slaying effect. Noontime might actually work kinda well in that regard... Mirror Stance looks nifty. The other two skills... eh. Wrath I can't really see working that many wonders on him and might get replaced with QR3 if he's too slow, and an Atk Wave... eh.

Now here's who we all wanna know about... Peony.
Flower of Joy has... some sort of Ploy for allies, but good? Gentle Dream looks awesome to be honest. Same boost as PrF Dancer weapons, but also applying to cardinal direction allies, also Guidance status. Kit similar to Legendary Azura besides Fort Res 4, which I'm not gonna turn down. I mean, I really don't wanna +10 her like I did Eir last year, but if I did do it on accident then I wouldn't be that upset...
(not that I'll allow it to happen at all)

But... why did Alfonse bring up his dead father? And why are we only now remembering we're supposed to be beating up Emblia?

As for Tanya... uh... I dunno, I guess at least the Shining Bow, a crummy weapon, isn't a 5* lock anymore?

Kempf... who the heck is that...?

Edited by Xenomata

20 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

And a little random, someone said Osian's artist drew a robot in a bara gatcha.

And to add another random fact: apparently Eyvel's English VA did work on Yu-Gi-Oh! Abridged (specifically as Mai Valentine). Personally, I find that one kinda hilarious.

4 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

Kempf... who the heck is that...?

Essentially Narcian just a little bit before Narcian.

Also, I took a look at the leaked art.

The most exposed person in their damaged art this time is....... Osian!

https://imgur.com/a/v00ZdDo

Y'all might have yours reasons to complain. I finally have 4 units I've wanted from Thracia, so I'm happy.

Edited by Dayni

Exited to see Tanya at 3-4-star, the colorless pool is so full of units I don't have at lower rarities now.Ā 

I don't feel like I need to summon on this banner as I already have Fallen Mareeta, and she's the one I care the most about here (I'm content with having only one version of her). Peony is free as well, though I wouldn't mind getting another one for her Duel skill and Hone Res 4.

1 minute ago, Humanoid said:

Problem: We need more lance infantry and axe cavalry.

Solution: Add more lance cavalry and axe infantry.

šŸ¤”

In fairness, it's accurate to the actual series. :rolleyes:

50 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

Ah, so glad it only took them a year to realize we don't like being told every unit right at the beginning of the video.

This.

50 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

Mareeta...hm... you know, after her Fallen counterpart came with a Desperation 4 effect, I was kinda hoping actual Mareeta would get even better... oh well...

To be fair... she has built in Spectrum Solo (without being conditional like F!Corrin) and Null Followup. That's pretty freaking good. She doesn't have to directly powercreep her evil variant. All things considered F!Mareeta will probably be better but Mareeta herself will probably be no slouch either.

Now my own opinions. Mareeta looks nice. No attachment to her though and Eyvel who's nice but will be the demote shares a color with her so probably shouldn't pull reds. Osian looks like he'll be great and a *5 lock that'll be a lot more valuable as a unit than Gerik (who was more of a fodder treasure chest) and Peony is the new Mythic. Can't see people needing more than one of her unless they're going for arena score.

All in all this banner is a pretty safe skip, tickets aside. Wait for Mareeta and Osian to appear on a banner with a better rate if you want them.

Yeah, banner is a pass.