Book IV's Summoning Begins: Peony & More (Dec 5 ~) New trailer style!

Coolmanio

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

the new thracia banner looks nice, but that "vouge" is like a knife stabbing my heart

poor tanya got pushed out of the banner to make space for the new OC, which i'm not cool with

also, about these new OCs, i personally don't like them at all, they look they came out of the most generic japanese gacha ever... which FEH kinda is...?

also, i'm not the kind of person who complains about gender equality, because i really don't give a damn, but why does the free OC always have to be an appealing cute girl? can't we have a guy once in a while?

i completely skipped the part where they were introducing the new mode (so basically two thirds of the whole video), so i don't really know what to say about it

Edited by Yexin

This is possibly the best banner I have seen in a very long time. These are exactly the Thracia units Fire Emblem Heroes was missing badly, even Mareeta is not corrupted anymore. Holy molly, even Tanya is here?

Now we have an official name for the Pugi as well. Makes a lot more sense than Bhuj.

Good job IntSys.

Edited by Garlyle

5 hours ago, Humanoid said:

Problem: We need more lance infantry and axe cavalry.

Solution: Add more lance cavalry and axe infantry.

🤔

Axe infantry at least didn't have many units in the regular summoning pool before Edelgard, Hilda, Gerik, Ross, and Echidna all being introduced fairly close together, especially Gerik, Ross, Echidna, and now, Osian. Problem is that most of them are still 5* locked units like CYL Ike and Helbindi. Axe infantry has gotten a lot of attention with new units and weapon updates.

Meanwhile, axe fliers...

Edited by Kaden

5 minutes ago, Kaden said:

Axe infantry at least didn't have many units in the regular summoning pool before Edelgard, Hilda, Gerik, Ross, and Echidna all being introduced fairly close together, especially Gerik, Ross, Echidna, and now, Osian. Problem is that most of them are still 5* locked units like CYL Ike and Helbindi. Axe infantry has gotten a lot of attention with new units and weapon updates.

Meanwhile, axe fliers...

Yeah, and once the Book 2 units are booted out of the general pool, the imbalance is going to be even more prominent. Actually, once that happens and Shiro's out (a very good thing to be fair), there will be no lance infantry in the general 5* pool. Meanwhile there will be 4 or 5 axe infantry at the very least, depending on the timing of Echidna's drop from 4-5* to 3-4*

That said, there are already zero axe cavalry and fliers in the current pool...

I'm happy we got the real Mareeta. She doesn't seem as tanned as she should be though. Fallen Mareeta had an excuse for that but this one doesn't. Kempf is a really solid addition too. Narcien finally has a friend now! 

Eyvel is a very logical addition. She's a baddass who's prominent in both Tracia and Genealogy. I'm also secretly hoping that this bumps Bridgid down the priority lists a bit so there's more room for Azelle on the next Geneology banner. 

2 hours ago, Garlyle said:

This is possibly the best banner I have seen in a very long time. These are exactly the Thracia units Fire Emblem Heroes was missing badly, even Mareeta is not corrupted anymore. Holy molly, even Tanya is here?

Now we have an official name for the Pugi as well. Makes a lot more sense than Bhuj.

Good job IntSys.

I like to disagree, because frankly, none of this chars tell me anything, because barely anyone knows/played Thracia

Pretty good banner. Peony's inclusion is a bit weird. I'm half-thinking that this is a stunt pulled by a Thracia fan in the development team to convince the higher ups to allow more Thracia banners in 2020.

"See boss? Thracia banners can sell really well. Nevermind that it only sold well because of the new waifu on it, you don't need to know that detail boss :)"

Honestly that's not a bad idea. Imagine if they release a new banner with three Thracia units and Lif. With how many thirsty people I've seen BEGGING for him, that banner is guaranteed to do extremely well. And when a Thracia banner becomes the best selling banner of the year, you have to approve more Thracia banners.

It's a dirty and cheap trick, but if it ends up working I will not be questioning results.

EDIT: @Hilda thank you for giving me the perfect example of why my argument makes sense. Even if in your case it would need to be Bruno and three Thracia units instead of Lif for the Thracia banner to suddendly become the most popular banner.

EDIT 2: And now that I think about it, they can use similar tricks to magically turn every Thracia banner in a financial success.

T776 units + Nils, T776 units + Jill, T776 units + 3 Houses units, T776 units + Lance Camilla so we can finally complete the Camilla weapon triangle and also have a Camilla voting gauntlet. Every single one of these is really appealing to a specific type of FEH player.

Edited by GrandeRampel

6 minutes ago, GrandeRampel said:

Pretty good banner. Peony's inclusion is a bit weird. I'm half-thinking that this is a stunt pulled by a Thracia fan in the development team to convince the higher ups to allow more Thracia banners in 2020.

"See boss? Thracia banners can sell really well. Nevermind that it only sold well because of the new waifu on it, you don't need to know that detail boss :)"

Honestly that's not a bad idea. Imagine if they release a new banner with three Thracia units and Lif. With how many thirsty people I've seen BEGGING for him, that banner is guaranteed to do extremely well. And when a Thracia banner becomes the best selling banner of the year, you have to approve more Thracia banners.

It's a dirty and cheap trick, but if it ends up working I will not be questioning results.

EDIT: @Hilda thank you for giving me the perfect example of why my argument makes sense. Even if in your case it would need to be Bruno and three Thracia units instead of Lif for the Thracia banner to suddendly become the most popular banner.

oh i get why IS is putting the new Mythic into the mix with this banner and why its not a Farfetched Heroes banner. They are scrapping whats left on the bottom of the barrel. I think i am not the only person, infact i would say i would be a majority of the people that didnt even know about Tharcia before Fire emblem heroes and I still dont know that game well. That game got exposed to me via FEH. So far the only things i know:
Sigurd and Deirdre had a love thing going? In any case Arvis burned Sigurd to ze ground and Julia is the daughter of Arvis and Deirdre. Meanwhile Julius is their son. While Seliph is a Bastard son of Sigurd and Deirdre? In any case there was alot of burning and abduction going on.

So for them to not implement the Farfetched heroes banner is a strategic move to ensure that future banners have at least one unit that apeals to a portion of the audience.

28 minutes ago, Hilda said:

I like to disagree, because frankly, none of this chars tell me anything, because barely anyone knows/played Thracia

What do you think Meet the Heroes and Forging Bonds is for? If one refuses to learn about new characters and instead chooses to be wilfully ignorant, then their opinion of new banners is without merit.

18 minutes ago, GrandeRampel said:

They never should have stopped multi-game banners IMO.

1 hour ago, Hilda said:

Thracia may be the least known Fire Emblem game, but also heavily underpresented in Heroes. As someone who managed to win in Thracia, seeing these 3 faces in Heroes puts a smile on my face.

It's so good, that even if we get no more Thracia banner in the future, I'm satisfied with the lineup from it.

Edited by Garlyle

18 minutes ago, Baldrick said:

What do you think Meet the Heroes and Forging Bonds is for? If one refuses to learn about new characters and instead chooses to be wilfully ignorant, then their opinion of new banners is without merit.

They never should have stopped multi-game banners IMO.

There is a difference between ignorant or just not interested.
I am more attached to the following Fire emblem games/chars because those are the ones i played:
Three Houses
Fates
Awakening
Blazing Blade
Binding Blade
Sacred Stone
and the OC of *shockingly* FEH.

I am not rating the banner for everyone, but for my personal view: 0 value. I dont know the game the chars are from, i dont know the chars, hence it has no attachement from my side. Thats a fact. In that regard the Banner has 0 value for me. (read for me and prolly assumebly for the majority of other people).

Now please dont misunderstand this in the way that i dont want this banners to happen. Thats far from the truth. Infact the Sigurd banner exposed me to Thracia and made me aware of that game and i do encourage such banners, but i wouldnt bet on a Thracia "only" banner to bring in the big bucks for IS. Hence the reason why they throw in the Mythic Hero and left the Farfetched Heroes banner out. They want to have at least 1 ace for every banner so they get a better pull result over the year instead of 1 high peak.

But this implies that we have reached the bottom of the barrel imho.

10 minutes ago, Garlyle said:

Thracia may be the least known Fire Emblem game, but also heavily underpresented in Heroes. As someone who managed to win in Thracia, seeing these 3 faces in Heroes puts a smile on my face.

It's so good, that even if we get no more Thracia banner in the future, I'm satisfied with the lineup from it.

And thats totally fine, for you its the best banner for me it tells me nothing. Hence why i disagreed 🙂

11 minutes ago, Garlyle said:

It's still missing Travant. But other than that, good lineup.

5 minutes ago, Etheus said:

It's still missing Travant. But other than that, good lineup.

Ah, we might get Altena and Travant on a Genealogy banner - I'm counting on it, there's still big names missing from there as well (Lex, Shannan, Brigid comes to my mind)

2 minutes ago, Hilda said:

I am not rating the banner for everyone, but for my personal view: 0 value.

When you justify your view with "barely anyone knows/plays Thracia" (as opposed to "I don't know/haven't played Thracia), you are no longer stating a personal opinion, but rating the banner for everyone.

I dont know the game the chars are from, i dont know the chars, hence it has no attachement from my side. Thats a fact. In that regard the Banner has 0 value for me. (read for me and prolly assumebly for the majority of other people).

You know what they say about assuming.

Now please dont misunderstand this in the way that i dont want this banners to happen. Thats far from the truth. Infact the Sigurd banner exposed me to Thracia and made me aware of that game and i do encourage such banners, but i wouldnt bet on a Thracia "only" banner to bring in the big bucks for IS. Hence the reason why they throw in the Mythic Hero and left the Farfetched Heroes banner out. They want to have at least 1 ace for every banner so they get a better pull result over the year instead of 1 high peak.

That's fair enough, but without that elaboration, your original post implied that Thracia shouldn't have any banner because you aren't attached to it and it isn't popular.

2 hours ago, GrandeRampel said:

EDIT 2: And now that I think about it, they can use similar tricks to magically turn every Thracia banner in a financial success.

T776 units + Nils, T776 units + Jill, T776 units + 3 Houses units, T776 units + Lance Camilla so we can finally complete the Camilla weapon triangle and also have a Camilla voting gauntlet. Every single one of these is really appealing to a specific type of FEH player.

IS definitely tracks not just total pulls on a banner, but also the breakdown of those pulls by color.

2 hours ago, Hilda said:

oh i get why IS is putting the new Mythic into the mix with this banner and why its not a Farfetched Heroes banner. They are scrapping whats left on the bottom of the barrel. I think i am not the only person, infact i would say i would be a majority of the people that didnt even know about Tharcia before Fire emblem heroes and I still dont know that game well. That game got exposed to me via FEH. So far the only things i know:
Sigurd and Deirdre had a love thing going? In any case Arvis burned Sigurd to ze ground and Julia is the daughter of Arvis and Deirdre. Meanwhile Julius is their son. While Seliph is a Bastard son of Sigurd and Deirdre? In any case there was alot of burning and abduction going on.

So for them to not implement the Farfetched heroes banner is a strategic move to ensure that future banners have at least one unit that apeals to a portion of the audience.

I think you're mixing up Genealogy and Thracia. Most of the characters you mentioned don't even appear in Thracia, and the ones that do are basically cameos. 

2 hours ago, Etrurian emperor said:

I'm happy we got the real Mareeta. She doesn't seem as tanned as she should be though. Fallen Mareeta had an excuse for that but this one doesn't. Kempf is a really solid addition too. Narcien finally has a friend now! 

Eyvel is a very logical addition. She's a baddass who's prominent in both Tracia and Genealogy. I'm also secretly hoping that this bumps Bridgid down the priority lists a bit so there's more room for Azelle on the next Geneology banner. 

Well the next FE4 banner will likely be Gen 2 since the last one was Gen 1, so you're probably gonna have to wait longer for Azel unfortunately 😞

1 hour ago, Hilda said:

There is a difference between ignorant or just not interested.
I am more attached to the following Fire emblem games/chars because those are the ones i played:
Three Houses
Fates
Awakening
Blazing Blade
Binding Blade
Sacred Stone
and the OC of *shockingly* FEH.

I am not rating the banner for everyone, but for my personal view: 0 value. I dont know the game the chars are from, i dont know the chars, hence it has no attachement from my side. Thats a fact. In that regard the Banner has 0 value for me. (read for me and prolly assumebly for the majority of other people).

But this implies that we have reached the bottom of the barrel imho.

I'm not here to tell you how to enjoy the game, but the point of a cross-over game at least in my opinion is to see something you are interested in cross-over with something you didn't know about before. And you start to become interested in that unknown new thing exactly because it interacted with the thing you already loved.

In your list you excluded Shadow Dragon, Echoes, Mystery, Genealogy, Thracia, Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn because you don't know them.

That's seven. You have excluded more games and characters than you have included. You are essentialy not interacting with half the cast of FEH, including the ones you get for free like GHBs and stuff.

I don't know, it kind of feels like a waste of a good game to only use half of it.

49 minutes ago, GrandeRampel said:

I'm not here to tell you how to enjoy the game, but the point of a cross-over game at least in my opinion is to see something you are interested in cross-over with something you didn't know about before. And you start to become interested in that unknown new thing exactly because it interacted with the thing you already loved.

In your list you excluded Shadow Dragon, Echoes, Mystery, Genealogy, Thracia, Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn because you don't know them.

That's seven. You have excluded more games and characters than you have included. You are essentialy not interacting with half the cast of FEH, including the ones you get for free like GHBs and stuff.

I don't know, it kind of feels like a waste of a good game to only use half of it.

Oh i would be interested in playing remakes/rerealeses (virtual console) of those games. Sadly there is no way to play them legally on the Switch or PC. And I am not gonna purchase a Gamecube to play Radiant Danw for example. (oh i forgot to mention i did play shadows of valentia too, one of the reason why my Sonya is +10)

I do interact with the characters i get for free (or from lucky banners) but the hard fact remains i am not emotionally attached to them. The approach to those characters is very logical and clinical from my side. Not a good personal skill/weapon/stat spread? benched. While I do invest in characters i am emotionally attached to.

Besides after 2 and half years of Fire emblem heroes my roster is so big that well... whats the point of adding new chars to it when i am not emotionally attached to them? Nostalgic can be a strong selling point, but if its a character i didnt even know existed, it would not check that box. All thats left then is Design and skill set.

A huge number of players of Heroes have probably never touched a Fire Emblem game prior to Awakening, and the only pre-Awakening characters they are familiar with are the ones in Super Smash Bros.

I don't think Thracia is all that much more obscure than Shadow Dragon or Blazing Sword for the average player.

Anyways, the character introductions are now up on the main site. https://guide.fire-emblem-heroes.com/category/character/

tanya_dagdars_kid_info03.pngkempf_conniving_general_info02.png

Kempf looks like he comes straight out of a Gundam anime or something.

Spoiler

kempf_conniving_general_slide01.png

No real comments about the characters. Nothing particularly stands out to me this time.

Edited by Ice Dragon

11 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Kempf looks like he comes straight out of a Gundam anime or something.

So that is why he looked kind of familiar. He kind of reminds me of Char and other Zeon people.