Book IV Official Speculation & Discussion Thread

DefyingFates

Hmm... Y'know, I'd love to see some fairy-ified Heroes. Especially male ones, since everyone knows what a fairy girl looks like, but the male version is very rarely explored. And though I'm pretty "meh" about her overall, I think Lucina would be a perfect contender to have a fairy alt. She already has a spirit butterfly form. Just give her those wings and fairy-ify her outfit based on their blue, glowy aesthetic. Faye would also make a cute fairy, not only because her look already lends itself to it, but also because of, well, her name. She could be a Fairy Faye. (Polly Wolly Doodle reference, yes.) As for dudes... Hm. It's...a lot harder to figure that one out. Narcian might be funny. Oh. Oh man. Oliver. Totally Oliver.

• Replies 630
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So this books theme is gonna be in combat debuffs/long range in combat buffs and dancers (as in fairies).

Book 3 was all about fliers, flier mobility skills and fliers with exclusiv skills/weapons (also infantry)

Edited by Hilda

8 hours ago, DefyingFates said:

This too. Thanks!

Thank you for understanding! I think your idea is interesting and would be really neat to see, though of course some would complain that it reduces those chapters to pointless filler or somesuch.

As for the bolded part, that's another way of looking at it and I like that. It is pretty sad, isn't it? And I've said this before, but Peony's childlike optimism is really endearing to me already, like how she seems to simply not understand why Triandra is creating nightmares for people (though Triandra isn't much more enlightened herself in that regard). That's quite sad too, actually.

Yeah. We also already have six known characters this time despite only two of them making physical appearances. It gives me the impression that the story's aiming for a more slow burn this time and I find that interesting! Also having a ton of characters makes me hopeful that most of them will be released in regular banners as with Book 2 so we don't have to endure B8% banners to get them.

Edit: I just checked the FEH website (which has been updated for Book 4 so you can get an official version of the promo image if you want) and noticed how Peony and Triandra's bios are exact opposites of each other:

Peony: Sweet Dream

• A ljósálfar from Ljósálfheimr, the realm of dreams.
  • Delivers pleasant dreams to mortals.
  • Both sincere and positive,
  • she enjoys playing with children.
  • A new character for Fire Emblem Heroes.

Triandra: Nightmare

• A dökkálfar from Dökkálfheimr, the realm of nightmares.
  • Delivers terrible dreams to mortals.
  • Cold and distant,
  • she lives on without hope.
  • A new character for Fire Emblem Heroes.

And the same goes for their animations.

It just makes me more confident in my theory that Peony and Triandra will be the only ones with "Dream" assists, and possibly the only dancers (i.e. dream inducers) overall, among the Book 4 cast.

P.S. Triandra has a "I am Triandra" line on the website, but we all know she'll be playable eventually, it's just a question of when.

P.P.S. Visiting the characters page reminded me how neat a Warriors game based on Heroes would be since we have a pretty diverse cast here: just take the OCs and Brave Heroes and you're golden. After Eirika wins CYL 4, of course.

Looking at the website and seeing just Peony and Triandra was what alerted me to how few OC's got introduced to start.

Which was too bad because I was really looking forward to the website update so we could possibly get more character info (Hel wasn't a boss for a while so the website was where we first heard her VA). 😄

9 minutes ago, Sentinel07 said:

Hel wasn't a boss for a while so the website was where we first heard her VA

Oh yeah, I forgot about that! I was hoping to get a sneak peek of Plumeria in the datamine too, so it doubly stuck out when she wasn't on the site either.

P.S. This page includes an even better quality image of the Book 4 keyart for those interested 🙂

44 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

Oh yeah, I forgot about that! I was hoping to get a sneak peek of Plumeria in the datamine too, so it doubly stuck out when she wasn't on the site either.

P.S. This page includes an even better quality image of the Book 4 keyart for those interested 🙂

Yeah, Plumeria's an oddity. Heavily featured in the opening trailer and introduced by name afterwards, but doesn't make an appearance in either of the first 2 chapters. That's a first for this game. 😄

9 minutes ago, Sentinel07 said:

Yeah, Plumeria's an oddity. Heavily featured in the opening trailer and introduced by name afterwards, but doesn't make an appearance in either of the first 2 chapters. That's a first for this game. 😄

Yep! That's why I'm almost certain she'll be introduced soon. Then again, Triandra may have made a solo appearance to properly set up the parallels between her and Peony, so there's that too~

I know I've said this a few times already, but if Triandra is the next Laegjarn, I really hope she's on a regular banner like her too. And doesn't get her eyes melted...

Edited by DefyingFates

14 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

Yep! That's why I'm almost certain she'll be introduced soon. Then again, Triandra may have made a solo appearance to properly set up the parallels between her and Peony, so there's that too~

I know I've said this a few times already, but if Triandra is the next Laegjarn, I really hope she's on a regular banner like her too. And doesn't get her eyes melted...

Well, who knows how OC's will be handled now. They completely went against every expectation I had on the release of Book 3 characters. Still no Lif or Hel, and even no Gustav (and who knows whatever plans they have for Henriette). 😄

22 minutes ago, Sentinel07 said:

Still no Lif or Hel

Part of me thought they were saving Lif for Farfetched 3 (as a Mythic Hero, like how Eir and Peony debuted on regular banners), but now I'm wondering if he'll release in January and Hel in March or May; you know, to space the Book 3 OCs out a little since no way are we getting anyone from Book 4 already.

I think it'll help to see what power level all the OCs are on...though as I say that I remember Hrid and Surtr...you know what?

24 minutes ago, Sentinel07 said:

Well, who knows how OC's will be handled now.

10 hours ago, Mercakete said:

Oh, also, on the point of Kiran being missing... What if he just never fell asleep?

That would be pretty funny, but also worrying since Kiran can't do anything for themselves. Could be interesting though!

1 hour ago, Etrurian emperor said:

Who's willing to bet the story is the result of Loki secretly drugging the food Alfonse and Sharena ate? We think they are having an epic adventure in dreamworld but in reality they are just wondering the Askerian woods while high as a kite. 

It's Henriette that is drugging her own kids and subordinates with that incense.

14 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

Serious talk, that burner was definitely important. Maybe it made sure everyone went to Ljosalfheimr instead of just their own personal nightmares?

I think that's what it did. like. it gave some sort of protection. i hope we learn more about it too

12 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

I think that's what it did. like. it gave some sort of protection. i hope we learn more about it too

Same here. Especially about how it wound up in the Askr Castle. Who knows, maybe Peony gave it to kid!Sharena?

7 minutes ago, Burklight said:

Is anyone else getting some serious Bravely Default vibes from this? It's starting to feel that in more ways than one to me.

oooohhhh

i hope so. I LOVE Bravely Default. 

16 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

Same here. Especially about how it wound up in the Askr Castle. Who knows, maybe Peony gave it to kid!Sharena?

i really would like to have some more sharena time here.
she's a cutie and i think she tends to get ignored because she wants to be friends w/everyone. i think her innocence should (will ) be the key to all of this.

4 hours ago, Etrurian emperor said:

Who's willing to bet the story is the result of Loki secretly drugging the food Alfonse and Sharena ate? We think they are having an epic adventure in dreamworld but in reality they are just wondering the Askerian woods while high as a kite. 

2 hours ago, Diovani Bressan said:

It's Henriette that is drugging her own kids and subordinates with that incense.

2 hours ago, Diovani Bressan said:

plot-twist: That was not Henriette, but Loki disguised as Henriette.

That would be an awesome plot twist. I can imagine Loki laughing her ass off watching the Askr Trio sleeping walking around.

1 hour ago, Burklight said:

Is anyone else getting some serious Bravely Default vibes from this? It's starting to feel that in more ways than one to me.

I get what you're saying here (Bravely Default SPOILERS!):

Spoiler

I unseriously wonder if Peony's wings are numbered. Every waking drops the count by one, what awaits when it reaches zero? -Besides the end of the story.

55 minutes ago, XRay said:

That would be an awesome plot twist. I can imagine Loki laughing her ass off watching the Askr Trio sleeping walking around.

*Takes a sharpie to Sharena's face and draws a mustache and angry eyebrows on it.*

*Sticks Alfonse's hands in warm water.*

*Reaches for Anna's gold bag, only for her to grab a revolver eyes closed and shoot Loki through the heart.* "Not even in my sleep.😘"

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

@Interdimensional Observer

Just wanted to say that I appreciate the spoiler tags. Though I've never played Bravely Default (apart from the demo) that doesn't mean I don't want to play it. Time and money and all that, you know?