Book IV Official Speculation & Discussion Thread

DefyingFates

16 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

....When is a mod going to start pulverizing people into pixie dust for too serious/toxic/off topic? This is nice conversation sometimes, but the fruit then rots odorously.

Right now~!

While I'm glad there's a bunch of fashion experts in here, I'm pretty sure Book IV isn't about Sharena's ventures into the world of clothes.  Back on topic!

• Replies 630
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, eclipse said:

I'm pretty sure Book IV isn't about Sharena's ventures into the world of clothes.

Plumeria is going to need those clothes though based on the dreams she is spreading. I am surprised Kiran is still wearing clothes.

6 hours ago, eclipse said:

Right now~!

While I'm glad there's a bunch of fashion experts in here, I'm pretty sure Book IV isn't about Sharena's ventures into the world of clothes.  Back on topic!

Thanks! It was worthwhile to see where everyone stood on the matter, but yeah...it was getting a bit too heated.

On topic, I must say I'm relieved that Plumeria is acting quite "moderately" so far and while her concept still baffles me, I hope IS portrays the "forced to do something she's disgusted by" thing well. A lot of her battle quotes are still suggestive though, but I don't want to get into that again.

Bring on Chapter 4!

Seriously, more and more, this book is just the perfect place to introduce Mitama. This is like...her homeworld. I mean, the king sleeps and dreams while in a dream in a dream. Being his apprentice would be her...dream job.

So I guess we have the 3 main types of dream covered here.  Peony is for good dreams, like jumping on cotton candy clouds, winning a championship for your home team, transforming into a dragon and flying the skies, etc.  Triandra is for nightmares and dreams of sadness, anxiety.  Plumeria is lust dreams.  

Plumeria will likely rank high on CYL, just a feeling I get.

Kiran, is he like a mirage, fading in and out of the dream?  It was hard to tell, like he was there for a moment then gone.  

6 minutes ago, Lewyn said:

I think my most of my votes will still go to Anna, but I might switch to Plumeria during the midterm results depending on the situation.

7 minutes ago, Lewyn said:

Kiran, is he like a mirage, fading in and out of the dream?  It was hard to tell, like he was there for a moment then gone.  

I think that is one possibility. I think he is either just an illusion or mirage that Plumeria created, or that it is in fact Kiran.

If it is just an illusion, I think Kiran is probably not in the dream world and is trying to wake the Askr trio up, since Freyr cannot see Kiran.

If it is Kiran, then maybe Freyr cannot see him because Kiran is under the influence dökkálfar or something, but that seems a little weird since Freyr can see the dökkálfar. And if it is Kiran, I can imagine the developers writing Kiran to either enjoy the lewd dreams to emulate the goofy Kiran of the comics and poke fun at players, or they can write Kiran to experience just a normal dream because Kiran is pure and innocent so Plumeria does not want to give Kiran up or something.

On 1/10/2020 at 2:22 PM, XRay said:

I think my most of my votes will still go to Anna, but I might switch to Plumeria during the midterm results depending on the situation.

I think that is one possibility. I think he is either just an illusion or mirage that Plumeria created, or that it is in fact Kiran.

If it is just an illusion, I think Kiran is probably not in the dream world and is trying to wake the Askr trio up, since Freyr cannot see Kiran.

If it is Kiran, then maybe Freyr cannot see him because Kiran is under the influence dökkálfar or something, but that seems a little weird since Freyr can see the dökkálfar. And if it is Kiran, I can imagine the developers writing Kiran to either enjoy the lewd dreams to emulate the goofy Kiran of the comics and poke fun at players, or they can write Kiran to experience just a normal dream because Kiran is pure and innocent so Plumeria does not want to give Kiran up or something.

If I wasn't set so much on FE4 characters I would vote for Plumeria, and yes I will switch to her if midterm results reveal she has a chance.  

What if Kiran being special, a summoner, means maybe he doesn't dream and thus can't enter the land of dreams?  I don't know.  Yes he could be caught in an infinite lewd dream from Plumeria, but that doesn't exactly seem like it would be a bad thing.  

On 1/10/2020 at 9:01 PM, Lewyn said:

So I guess we have the 3 main types of dream covered here.  Peony is for good dreams, like jumping on cotton candy clouds, winning a championship for your home team, transforming into a dragon and flying the skies, etc.  Triandra is for nightmares and dreams of sadness, anxiety.  Plumeria is lust dreams.  

Wouldnt be so sure about this. Quite a few people dont like the theme/design of Book4 so far. Its like the exact opposite then Book 3 mood wise. I myself havent warmed up to Book4 yet and am not really digging it (and i was happy and satisfied with Book 2-3), I am also not a big fan of floral or butterfly-esque prints/designs or fairy stuff in general.

I am still thinking to myself this is Sharenas trip after using some drug-substance, it feels so out of space/world.

10 hours ago, Hilda said:

I am also not a big fan of floral or butterfly-esque prints/designs or fairy stuff in general.

On the other hand, said fairies dress in revealing attire and Plumeria is surrounded by memes, so...yeah, I see why people are drawn to them. But I don't want to open that can of worms, so I'll just say something about their CYL chances that I couldn't before the other thread was closed. People expect Azura or the fairies to get even better dance assists if they win, but I don't think that's happening. Why?

Micaiah.

Micaiah's Sacrifice has always been incredibly underwhelming, and instead of powercreeping it IS just gave it to her Brave alt as is, no changes whatsoever. And this is Micaiah we're talking about, one of the most popular Lords and someone who won first place last year - she wasn't even the runner up! If Micaiah didn't get a buffed version of her mediocre unique assist, there's no way Azura or any fairy is getting an upgrade to their already OP assist skills. It's just not happening. In no universe are we getting an even more powerful Gray Waves or Sweet/ Frightful Dreams with how powerful they already are. Sorry, guys.

Edited by DefyingFates

11 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

before the other thread was closed.

Oh wow, come to think of it, I don't see that thread open anymore. What happened to it? Was it shut down because people started arguing or something?

Edit: Nope, it just slipped my notice. Ignore me. 😛 I'll investigate myself.

Edited by Mercakete

2 hours ago, DefyingFates said:

Micaiah's Sacrifice has always been incredibly underwhelming, and instead of powercreeping it IS just gave it to her Brave alt as is, no changes whatsoever. And this is Micaiah we're talking about, one of the most popular Lords and someone who won first place last year - she wasn't even the runner up! If Micaiah didn't get a buffed version of her mediocre unique assist, there's no way Azura or any fairy is getting an upgrade to their already OP assist skills. It's just not happening. In no universe are we getting an even more powerful Gray Waves or Sweet/ Frightful Dreams with how powerful they already are. Sorry, guys.

They can just make their tomes more busted and add in B slot Dance condition skills.

And Sacrifice is only one example so far, so hopefully they will give better Assists in the future.

— — — — — — —

I just realized something, there are always a new sword, axe, and green tome user per book.

Book I has Alfonse, Anna, and Veronica.

Book II has Laevatein, Laegjarn, Hríd, Surtr, Helbindi, and Gunnthrá.

Book III has Líf, Gustav, Hel, and Thrasir.

Book IV has just Plumeria right now.

Do you think they will introduce us a new sword and/or axe user later in the book?

Edited by XRay

1 hour ago, XRay said:

And Sacrifice is only one example so far, so hopefully they will give better Assists in the future.

But it shows that IS doesn't want to remove or replace any Skill they consider iconic. And I don't see B slot skills happening either unless everyone else gets them too (like Fire Dance, Earth Dance, etc.)

1 hour ago, XRay said:

Book IV has just Plumeria right now.

Do you think they will introduce us a new sword and/or axe user later in the book?

Triandra's the green tome, and given all fairies seem to have tomes I suspect Book 4 will be the exception to the rule. Besides, we know how much IS hates patterns.

Edited by DefyingFates

Well the thing is - Sacrifice doesn't need to be buffed up or more broken because it's already a big assist skill that does a lot. I mean i never use it but if i actually managed to get Micaiahs (instead of useless crap for me like Zelgiuses and Siegberts) and had her +10 it would come in very much handy. 

honestly, i am extremely loving this Book. i am very much intrigued about it and i expect to see some darker twists and turns. I didn't really like a lot of book 3 though i thought the writing was a lot tighter - and it was more memorable than book 2 because i still have zero idea why Hrid was so awesomeness when i don't even remember him at all in the book. but that's the great thing, i feel that there's a bit something for everyone. 

3 hours ago, Mercakete said:

Oh wow, come to think of it, I don't see that thread open anymore. What happened to it? Was it shut down because people started arguing or something?

Edit: Nope, it just slipped my notice. Ignore me. 😛 I'll investigate myself.

i'm not sure which is a shame because i'd really like to talk about CYL somewhere.

10 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

Sacrifice doesn't need to be buffed up or more broken because it's already a big assist skill that does a lot. I mean i never use it but if i actually managed to get Micaiahs (instead of useless crap for me like Zelgiuses and Siegberts) and had her +10 it would come in very much handy.

I have both her default and Brave versions, and while Sacrifice sounds awesome on paper I've never been able to use it. Perhaps once in a blue moon I'll use it to help someone else survive an attack, but the fact that Micaiah can't innately heal herself makes it incredibly difficult to justify - and that's not even getting into how so many debuffs these days are in-combat only or get you killed ASAP (e.g. B!Veronica debuffs you in AR then a sweeper wipes you out on the same turn). You can give her Renewal, but you'd much rather run QR3 on her instead. Now if Thani got a Renewal refine, it'd be another story. Maybe that's just me though.

10 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

i'm not sure which is a shame because i'd really like to talk about CYL somewhere.

Yeah 😕 I imagine we'll get a CYL thread once it starts for real, so we'll be able to talk about it then 🙂

Edited by DefyingFates

2 hours ago, daisy jane said:

Well the thing is - Sacrifice doesn't need to be buffed up or more broken because it's already a big assist skill that does a lot. I mean i never use it but if i actually managed to get Micaiahs (instead of useless crap for me like Zelgiuses and Siegberts) and had her +10 it would come in very much handy. 

honestly, i am extremely loving this Book. i am very much intrigued about it and i expect to see some darker twists and turns. I didn't really like a lot of book 3 though i thought the writing was a lot tighter - and it was more memorable than book 2 because i still have zero idea why Hrid was so awesomeness when i don't even remember him at all in the book. but that's the great thing, i feel that there's a bit something for everyone. 

actually sacrifice could use a buff, because its very underwhelming for what it does. If it would get rid also of Panic/no counter etc debuffs it would make the skill much better.

41 minutes ago, Hilda said:

actually sacrifice could use a buff, because its very underwhelming for what it does. If it would get rid also of Panic/no counter etc debuffs it would make the skill much better.

Exactly! CYL would have been a great chance to upgrade it. I still think Divine Codes are for a Skill Refine, so let's see what happens there...

1 hour ago, Hilda said:

doesn't it do that?
(this tells you how often i ACTUALLY use sacrifice). 

The only way to update Sacrifice, two year after it release, would be making a updated version of the skill... like Sacrifice+, for a new Micaiah's Alt. But Sacrifice is already a 400 Sp Assist skill... Will they introduce even higher scoring assists just because of it?

I don't believe updating the description and effect is an possibility... not after all this time. The only exceptions were when Beasts were released and some weapons like Dark Aura and Geirskögul received "Beast Damage" in the description to who could receive their buffs.

I also do not believe in a skill refinement...to be able to upgrade Harsh Command into Harsh Command+, or in this case... Sacrifice into Sacrifice+. I do not expect it to happen.

Edited by Diovani Bressan

12 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

The only way to update Sacrifice, two year after it release, would be making a updated version of the skill... like Sacrifice+, for a new Micaiah's Alt. But Sacrifice is already a 400 Sp Assist skill... Will they introduce even higher scoring assists just because of it?

I don't believe updating the description and effect is an possibility... not after all this time. The only exceptions were when Beasts were released and some weapons like Dark Aura and Geirskögul received "Beast Damage" in the description to who could receive their buffs.

I also do not believe in a skill refinement...to be able to upgrade Harsh Command into Harsh Command+, or in this case... Sacrifice into Sacrifice+.

i kind of agree.
if Micaiah becomes Legendary that option could be there though (like a sacrifice plus). how it would work i'm not sure as i expect her to be a healer.