Book IV Official Speculation & Discussion Thread

DefyingFates

25 minutes ago, Mercakete said:

This actually concerned me. Maybe it's just one facet of general fairy lore, but the fae are known to LOVE making deals they can twist around. It's kind of like a game for them, where the object is to see how badly they can mess up the other party while getting something out of it themselves. This is why, like with making wishes, you need to make sure to cover all loopholes and be very careful with your wording. Also, make sure the fairy in question says the words "I promise." In some lore, they can't break promises if it's specifically a promise.

So, naturally, Peony being all "Oooo a favor?!" had me worried. After all, if someone does a favor for you, you're in their debt. The fae love having people in their debt and then cashing in for some pretty terrible stuff.

Good point. Still, Freyja is so obviously evil that...hmm.

I know FE has a thing for yanderes, but I suppose it's possible that, just this once, the story will look into why Freyja became one and why it's a traumatic and dangerous situation to be in for both her and those around her, such that she turns out to be Stockholm Syndrome'd victim of Freyr's. You know, compared to how FE!yanderes are just walking fetishes every other time they show up.

Something to chew on. Thanks!

• 5 weeks later...
  • Replies 630
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its nice to see Alfonse and Veronica having a little heart to heart. Veronica's reaction to Pheony was also fairly amusing. 

Given their scheme the nightmares might want to kidnap Veronica. Makes sense. She probably has a lot of nightmares. If Sharena's a perfect fit for dreamworld then Veronica could be a good fit for nightmare world. 

My impressions

1. Veronica calling Alfonse rude for calling her a nightmare got a good laugh out of me. Actually, Veronica as a whole was a treat this chapter.

2. The whole "this looks familiar" mystery deepens as both of our dark fairy girls are questioning it. I can only wonder where they're going with it.

3. Possible brand new OC next chapter maybe?

4. Alfonse once again pulls out the big brain and tricks the nightmares. 

Overall not bad, though I can't help but feel like Freyja's not going to be around long enough to get much spotlight. Halfway through the book now and she hasn't even made a physical appearance.

Pulled all the colourless orbs from the tickets to get a Midori.

Last colourless gave me 5* Forrest Gump.

...Ooops!

I should've checked the colours of the units before...

Of course my intuition told me Midori would be colourless and Forrest the same class as his farher.

Whatever...at least 40 cavalier dragon flowers.

2 hours ago, Reisalin Stout said:

Pulled all the colourless orbs from the tickets to get a Midori.

Last colourless gave me 5* Forrest Gump.

...Ooops!

I should've checked the colours of the units before...

Of course my intuition told me Midori would be colourless and Forrest the same class as his farher.

Whatever...at least 40 cavalier dragon flowers.

Maybe not the right comment for this Topic. This is the Book IV Story conversation topic afterall.

Anyway, I curious about the possibility of a new OC next chapter. Will be nice to have a new ljósálfar.

4 hours ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Maybe not the right comment for this Topic. This is the Book IV Story conversation topic afterall.

SF didn't load properly once more.

Same happened to me yesterday.

Clicked on the pull topic, probably whilst it was loading.

Instead of mentioned topic, this was shown up without me noticing.

Edited by Reisalin Stout

Huh. This has taken an interesting twist. They're right; daydreaming hasn't had a fairy yet. I wonder what the new fairy will be like. I'm thinking spacey and scatterbrained. She's a daydreamer, after all. ...Actually, have they referred to the daydream fairy as a "she?" I don't recall and it'd be nice to see more male fairies than just Freyr (who is obviously different from most fairies, being the king. I want to know what an everyday male fairy looks like.)

Also, the interaction between Veronica and Team Askr was nice. I've been a bit annoyed with Veronica's writing in the past, but she acted like a complicated character here, which was refreshing and made me actually emotionally invest in her. It was cool to see her and Alfonse hang out a little. It seems like they've got a bond forming. Maybe there's something innate between them that they're just tapping into. After all, Lif and Thrasir managed to become close comrades, too. It's cool seeing this world's Alfonse and Veronica beginning to build their relationship, too.

Further, it explained what happened to Bruno and Xander: them leaving Veronica behind like that. The Bruno plot got a bit of indirect development, which is cool. We already know that he's looking for a way to remove the curse from his family: the one that makes them go all bloodthirsty. But for a while, he was Zacharias to the Askrans, and friends with them. What changed? Why did he run away? What made Bruno decide to look for a cure? This chapter hinted at that: something that Alfonse can't remember. My guess is that Bruno fled home and took on a new identity to try to escape the curse. He wanted to live in denial of his heritage, and maybe even thought that if he wasn't a prince, he could escape it. So, he fled to Askr as Zacharias. He had his new life, where no one knew who he really was. But there's no denying genetics. I think that his curse acted up and maybe he would up hurting Alfonse. Then, either willingly or not, he could have clouded Alfonse's memories. Then, he ran away. That would also explain why Alfonse didn't know why his friend left "out of the blue" one day. He doesn't remember the attack.

Remember, the Embla royal line has a curse on them from a dark god or something like that. One who hates Askr (the dragon) and wants to see its destruction. Probably also hates the Askran royal line; I can't quite remember the specifics on that. This is all stuff you can pull from Veronica's lines when she's possessed. Naturally, being so close to Askran royalty, Bruno's curse would act up. For his own fate (so that he can have the freedom to be who he wants to be), for his little sister's (so that she doesn't have to have her hands stained with blood), and for the fate of his friends (so that he will not be a danger to them), Bruno wants to end the curse. So, he searches ceaselessly for a way to remove it. And this is why he wasn't happy when Alfonse finally found him again after his disappearance: he didn't want to hurt him again.

Edit: Ah, also, Veronica seemed to suspect something after she heard Alfonse explain how he couldn't remember the past. I wonder what she's thinking about. Maybe she suspects what I do about Bruno's actions.

Edited by Mercakete

54 minutes ago, Mercakete said:

Huh. This has taken an interesting twist. They're right; daydreaming hasn't had a fairy yet. I wonder what the new fairy will be like. I'm thinking spacey and scatterbrained. She's a daydreamer, after all. ...Actually, have they referred to the daydream fairy as a "she?" I don't recall and it'd be nice to see more male fairies than just Freyr (who is obviously different from most fairies, being the king. I want to know what an everyday male fairy looks like.)

Also, the interaction between Veronica and Team Askr was nice. I've been a bit annoyed with Veronica's writing in the past, but she acted like a complicated character here, which was refreshing and made me actually emotionally invest in her. It was cool to see her and Alfonse hang out a little. It seems like they've got a bond forming. Maybe there's something innate between them that they're just tapping into. After all, Lif and Thrasir managed to become close comrades, too. It's cool seeing this world's Alfonse and Veronica beginning to build their relationship, too.

Further, it explained what happened to Bruno and Xander: them leaving Veronica behind like that. The Bruno plot got a bit of indirect development, which is cool. We already know that he's looking for a way to remove the curse from his family: the one that makes them go all bloodthirsty. But for a while, he was Zacharias to the Askrans, and friends with them. What changed? Why did he run away? What made Bruno decide to look for a cure? This chapter hinted at that: something that Alfonse can't remember. My guess is that Bruno fled home and took on a new identity to try to escape the curse. He wanted to live in denial of his heritage, and maybe even thought that if he wasn't a prince, he could escape it. So, he fled to Askr as Zacharias. He had his new life, where no one knew who he really was. But there's no denying genetics. I think that his curse acted up and maybe he would up hurting Alfonse. Then, either willingly or not, he could have clouded Alfonse's memories. Then, he ran away. That would also explain why Alfonse didn't know why his friend left "out of the blue" one day. He doesn't remember the attack.

Remember, the Embla royal line has a curse on them from a dark god or something like that. One who hates Askr (the dragon) and wants to see its destruction. Probably also hates the Askran royal line; I can't quite remember the specifics on that. This is all stuff you can pull from Veronica's lines when she's possessed. Naturally, being so close to Askran royalty, Bruno's curse would act up. For his own fate (so that he can have the freedom to be who he wants to be), for his little sister's (so that she doesn't have to have her hands stained with blood), and for the fate of his friends (so that he will not be a danger to them), Bruno wants to end the curse. So, he searches ceaselessly for a way to remove it. And this is why he wasn't happy when Alfonse finally found him again after his disappearance: he didn't want to hurt him again.

Edit: Ah, also, Veronica seemed to suspect something after she heard Alfonse explain how he couldn't remember the past. I wonder what she's thinking about. Maybe she suspects what I do about Bruno's actions.

I think the Easter Tempest Trial that involved Bruno and Veronica implied the Dark Dragon Embla might be behind all of it, even implying we're going to fight him at some point.

As for the daydreamer fairy, I took a look back at the script and yes, Mirabilis was referred to as a she.

3 hours ago, Sentinel07 said:

I think the Easter Tempest Trial that involved Bruno and Veronica implied the Dark Dragon Embla might be behind all of it, even implying we're going to fight him at some point.

As for the daydreamer fairy, I took a look back at the script and yes, Mirabilis was referred to as a she.

Thanks for looking that up. I'm still excited to meet her, even though I'm a smidge disappointed at how unlikely it is that we'll see any more male characters this book.

One little tidbit about this chapter that surprised me. How Midgard was used.

Since the word has been introduced (especially with Midgard's Shield in the Mjolnir Strikes), I thought it might be their word for Kiran's world (since it's implied to be our world). But Triandra and Plumeria use it to describe Askr when they arrive.

I wonder if that means Midgard is the actual name of the Askr/Embla realm, or the term also covers Nifl and Muspell as well. Likely not Hel given that world is kind of special.

7 minutes ago, Sentinel07 said:

One little tidbit about this chapter that surprised me. How Midgard was used.

Since the word has been introduced (especially with Midgard's Shield in the Mjolnir Strikes), I thought it might be their word for Kiran's world (since it's implied to be our world). But Triandra and Plumeria use it to describe Askr when they arrive.

I wonder if that means Midgard is the actual name of the Askr/Embla realm, or the term also covers Nifl and Muspell as well. Likely not Hel given that world is kind of special.

They refer to it as "the realm of humans." So, I assume it's anywhere populated by humans. That does bring up another thought I had forgotten: these woods covered in mist remind me of the Lost Woods from the Legend of Zelda. I wonder if Mirabilis is causing the mist/making people get lost. Perhaps she's even helping the good guys by intentionally waylaying the dark fairies. Maybe being absent-minded is the only way to make it through, though?

15 hours ago, Mercakete said:

They refer to it as "the realm of humans." So, I assume it's anywhere populated by humans. That does bring up another thought I had forgotten: these woods covered in mist remind me of the Lost Woods from the Legend of Zelda. I wonder if Mirabilis is causing the mist/making people get lost. Perhaps she's even helping the good guys by intentionally waylaying the dark fairies. Maybe being absent-minded is the only way to make it through, though?

True enough. I just can't help but wonder if Midgard is separate from Niflheim and Muspellheim in Norse Myth. I kind of need these details. 😄

On another note, I wonder if there will be more OCs. With Mirabilis' introduction, we have 3 light fairies and 3 dark fairies, almost enough for a voting gauntlet.

• 4 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:
  Hide contents

He could be a staff unit?

SPOILER_4eu316ovq8x41.thumb.png.90d33684d9179e9a762d91a5ed4f7668.png

Spoiler

She looks really good. Design wise she must be my favourite fairy so far. I am hoping for a mixed dancer - staff unit (can refresh allies while also restoring hp). What is her name, it was mentioned in a previous chapter but I don't remember. 

27 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:
  Hide contents

He could be a staff unit?

SPOILER_4eu316ovq8x41.thumb.png.90d33684d9179e9a762d91a5ed4f7668.png

Spoiler

She IS cute! I do have to say that looks more like a sword to me, but I suppose we'll find out soon enough.

34 minutes ago, SuperNova125 said:
  Hide contents

She looks really good. Design wise she must be my favourite fairy so far. I am hoping for a mixed dancer - staff unit (can refresh allies while also restoring hp). What is her name, it was mentioned in a previous chapter but I don't remember. 

Spoiler

Mirabilis 

Well, looks like they might be trying to build up something with Sharena. Hopefully that leads to something nice down the line.

Veronica continues to be incredibly entertaining. She is just so tired of everyone's BS by this point. 😄

3 minutes ago, Etrurian emperor said:

And Veronica once more is the star of the story chapter. 

Veronica: "We need to leave now, otherwise this won't be a place of comfort."
Mirabilia: "Why? Because of the nightmares?"
Veronica: "No, because of me."

Make OG Veronica playable you cowards!

The new fairy looks cute as a button, I really like her sleeves. Plumeria and Triandra sound less evil with each advancement in the plot. At this point I will be really surprised if they don't end up on the side of good.

Veronica is still the best.

3 minutes ago, GrandeRampel said:

The new fairy looks cute as a button, I really like her sleeves. Plumeria and Triandra sound less evil with each advancement in the plot. At this point I will be really surprised if they don't end up on the side of good.

Veronica is still the best.

Well, the two others fairies that Sharena remembers look to be Triandra and Plumeria, before Freyja corrupted them(?)

So I can see Triandra and Plumeria becoming good people after Freyja being defeated.

Edited by Diovani Bressan

2 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Well, the two others fairies that Sharena remembers look to be Triandra and Plumeria, before Freyja corrupted them(?)

So I can see Triandra and Plumeria becoming good people after Freyja being defeated.

Exactly what I think will happen.