Book IV Official Speculation & Discussion Thread

DefyingFates

7 hours ago, Sentinel07 said:

Veronica: "We need to leave now, otherwise this won't be a place of comfort."
Mirabilia: "Why? Because of the nightmares?"
Veronica: "No, because of me."

Make OG Veronica playable you cowards!

it caught me by surprised and i did burst into laughter lol

So much sass in one line. IS when you gonna give me original Veronica and Bruno ._.?

• Replies 630
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 hours ago, Sentinel07 said:

Make OG Veronica playable you cowards!

2 hours ago, GrandeRampel said:

Veronica is still the best.

1 hour ago, Hilda said:

it caught me by surprised and i did burst into laughter lol

So much sass in one line. IS when you gonna give me original Veronica and Bruno ._.?

Yeah, that was a good dialogue exchange. I really like her attitude. It is a nice contrast to the Askr Trio and the aloofness of the Ljósálfars.

3 hours ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Well, the two others fairies that Sharena remembers look to be Triandra and Plumeria, before Freyja corrupted them(?)

So I can see Triandra and Plumeria becoming good people after Freyja being defeated.

I'm going all in on this bet too. I'm also betting that the potion Freyja fed them turned them into Dark Elves while Sharena's dose just made her remember parts of the dreamworld because she's human (but hey, I'm all for it turning her into a human/ elf hybrid too).

Last chapter also implied the Dark Elves were familiar with Midgard, so heck: maybe they were actually human children who dreamed with Sharena? Or daydream elves like Mirabilia?

10 hours ago, Sentinel07 said:

Yeah, that was amazing xD

1 hour ago, XRay said:

Yeah, that was a good dialogue exchange. I really like her attitude. It is a nice contrast to the Askr Trio and the aloofness of the Ljósálfars.

now imagine the voice of Rose as Mirabilia and Dorothy as Veronica from the Golden Girls!

Okay, so, now that I've gone through the latest story bits, I'm adjusting my theory. Looks like the world of dreams (and nightmares) was threatened at one point, and the fairies recruited kids to help, powering them up with a special drink (probably not unlike whatever the heck Thorr did to kid Marth, kid Caeda, kid Peg Sisters, kid Minerva, and kid Merric.) As you can see, Sharena was there. But what is more subtle is that she was originally going to be left out of the quest. I'm still wondering if she was originally a fairy. She recognized the daydreamer, too, and is remembering more and more of her time with the light fairies. I'm hopping on board of the theory that all of the land of dreams used to be one, not split into dream and nightmare. Sharena says that she remembers two others, which might mean that the two dark fairies were once light fairies (and that no more new fairies are going to be introduced. 😞)

Also, we still haven't seen Freyja yet. Here's what I'm wondering: perhaps, Freyja is actually Sharena's mom, and will look a lot like Henriette. I think that the quest went horribly wrong (maybe killing the other two kids), Freyja sent her daughter to Askr (making Sharena a changeling) to save her, as she and two other fairies tried to fight off whatever was destroying the dream land. They wound up being very damaged, losing their light and becoming twisted versions of what they used to be. Peony may or may not be Sharena's actual sister, and may have been taken in by Freyr when his sister went nuts. We know that Sharena was one of those to go on the quest, so sending her to Askr may have been a sort of magic-related last-ditch thing -- rushed instead of planned. And because of the forgetful nature of dreams (and thereby, the magic involving it), everyone forgot about her, she forgot who she was, and everyone in Askr thought she was really the daughter of the king and queen.

That's differently an interesting theory, and I'm on board with the whole Shanrea is a changeling thing too. She and Alphonse are just so different, and it would make sense why she doesn't seem to really be too interested in royal duties (aside from the fact that children receive certain information about them due to not being expected to inherit the throne) and otherwise acts more innocent and seems to believe in magic. I have a theory that the real Shanrea drank the potion to become the light elf Peony, which meant she couldn't leave the dream realm. So another baby was swapped in to become the Shanrea the story has been following. But she still retains some memory being in the world.

Also, Peony is still suspicious to me. She may not be if she's actually the princess of Askr and I might just have played too much Bravely Default, but something doesn't seem right with her. Almost like just to kind to the group, and it doesn't help that she is a fairy and they tend to be mischievous… Of course, considering there's been an event where Shanrea trusted someone blindly and it ended up being a problem (Katerina's paralogue), I doubt they would go for that again.

Also, does anyone think Veronica is going to bite the dust this book? There is no way she can take on those enemies by herself and not have something bad happen. As a character, she's been around since the beginning and there's not much more they can do with her. I mean, there's still the curse of Embla, but getting rid of that could just as easily fall to someone else… Not to mention it could be an eerie parallel with Thrasir, especially since the latter was seen in the paralogue before the book even started…

35 minutes ago, wheelsonfire said:

Also, does anyone think Veronica is going to bite the dust this book? There is no way she can take on those enemies by herself and not have something bad happen.

The fairies mention that the daydream will only last a few moments in realtime, so they'll wake up before anything serious happens. Besides, unless the one staying behind gives an epic speech they always survive in these situations 😛

3 hours ago, wheelsonfire said:

Also, does anyone think Veronica is going to bite the dust this book? There is no way she can take on those enemies by herself and not have something bad happen. As a character, she's been around since the beginning and there's not much more they can do with her. I mean, there's still the curse of Embla, but getting rid of that could just as easily fall to someone else… Not to mention it could be an eerie parallel with Thrasir, especially since the latter was seen in the paralogue before the book even started…

Oh absolutely not. So far Veronica seems very well liked for a villain/anti hero. She won't fall to villains that kinda fall into the filler category. There are more subplots to work with like the Embla curse, and Veronica's softening attitude to the Askr siblings. Loki also seems to be fond of Veronica so she'll likely step in to ensure her trolling victim doesn't die just yet. If Veronica ends up defeated she'll either be saved by the actual Bruno and Xander or captured to be used as a hostage. 

So far Veronica has both popularity and plot relevance to her side. I'd be very surprised if she ended up dying at all, let alone in this book. Veronica even has potential for this whole dream plotline. If the happy and childish Sharena is the champion of dreamworld then a moody and cursed girl like Veronica could be the champion of nightmare world. If captured by the fairies I could see them trying to warp Veronica into their nightmare champion. 

Edited by Etrurian emperor

I hope something like that is the case. Book 3 wasn't so much about twists but about the aesthetic and the characters (Alfonse, Veronica and their counterparts and Eir). Book 4 however brings fairies into the mix something not many people were intovand so far is pretty tame and a bit boring. We don't even see the Villian (Freya) and we are a bit above the middle. It is really slow paced compared to 3.

Edited by SuperNova125

I never thought of Veronica being the champion of the nightmare world, but that makes a lot of sense. That's actually a better fit for her character than dying, especially if the nightmare world isn't as evil as we are led to believe.

And the slow pacing is what really annoys me about this book. Chapters in the main story don't release that often, which was still annoying before, but I can forgive it because the pacing was not bad. But now it's just going at the speed of a snail and I just want something to happen, but because chapters don't release that often, there's not much to do but wait. That, or lose interest, and I'm not invested in book 4 as I am the other books. The fairies and the dream world just seems out of place and forced, like it would work better in a different standalone story (namely thinking of something like Valkyrie Profile and Odin Sphere). I'm more interested in the dealings of Asgard (or at least, what I assume to be Asgard, with Thorr, Loki, and the person they serve) because it's more or less what I expect a Fire Emblem to be. But this book just isn't focusing too much on them at all, which is a shame. It would have been a nice way to wrap up things and go into the final conflict, but that's not the case. I don't mind having more character development for Shanrea, but I'm hoping the game can be popular enough to finish up its main story, since I know a lot of games do not and I think the popularity is waning a bit…

To be honest, Fire Emblem Heroes would've been so cool was a traditional Fire Emblem game and not a mobile game, with all the different realms to explore and all the different characters to use, not to mention the original ones being interesting in most cases. But alas, it's not, and it's a shame.

Edited by wheelsonfire

On 5/9/2020 at 12:19 AM, Mercakete said:

Okay, so, now that I've gone through the latest story bits, I'm adjusting my theory. Looks like the world of dreams (and nightmares) was threatened at one point, and the fairies recruited kids to help, powering them up with a special drink (probably not unlike whatever the heck Thorr did to kid Marth, kid Caeda, kid Peg Sisters, kid Minerva, and kid Merric.) As you can see, Sharena was there. But what is more subtle is that she was originally going to be left out of the quest. I'm still wondering if she was originally a fairy. She recognized the daydreamer, too, and is remembering more and more of her time with the light fairies. I'm hopping on board of the theory that all of the land of dreams used to be one, not split into dream and nightmare. Sharena says that she remembers two others, which might mean that the two dark fairies were once light fairies (and that no more new fairies are going to be introduced. 😞)

Also, we still haven't seen Freyja yet. Here's what I'm wondering: perhaps, Freyja is actually Sharena's mom, and will look a lot like Henriette. I think that the quest went horribly wrong (maybe killing the other two kids), Freyja sent her daughter to Askr (making Sharena a changeling) to save her, as she and two other fairies tried to fight off whatever was destroying the dream land. They wound up being very damaged, losing their light and becoming twisted versions of what they used to be. Peony may or may not be Sharena's actual sister, and may have been taken in by Freyr when his sister went nuts. We know that Sharena was one of those to go on the quest, so sending her to Askr may have been a sort of magic-related last-ditch thing -- rushed instead of planned. And because of the forgetful nature of dreams (and thereby, the magic involving it), everyone forgot about her, she forgot who she was, and everyone in Askr thought she was really the daughter of the king and queen.

I'm going to be speechless if any of this actually does end up being true. 😄

8 hours ago, Sentinel07 said:

I'm going to be speechless if any of this actually does end up being true. 😄

I also wonder if we'll meet the other two kids Freyr and Freyja were talking to, maybe as ghosts or corrupted beasts, or just as people trapped in endless nightmares. What would be amazing is if one is Jake. I want Heroes Anna to get a Jake.

1 hour ago, Mercakete said:

I also wonder if we'll meet the other two kids Freyr and Freyja were talking to, maybe as ghosts or corrupted beasts, or just as people trapped in endless nightmares. What would be amazing is if one is Jake. I want Heroes Anna to get a Jake.

Well, I would certainly be curious. By my count, Book 4 now has 6 OC's, just 2 short of enough for a VG of it's own.

Ah, I forgot to say it earlier, but I do wonder if those two other kids with flashback Sharena were Alfonse and Bruno. The way kid Sharena was talking, she sounded like the younger sibling who always wants to be included. Also, the way the other two were talking reminded me of Alfonse and Bruno a bit (especially with how Alfonse was described as behaving when he was a kid.) Plus, Veronica may not have been born yet. She's a lot younger than Bruno, I think, so it would make sense if it was just Alfonse, Sharena, and Bruno. Also, Alfonse recently was having trouble remembering things about his friendship with Bruno. Maybe the rift between the dream world and the world Askr is in going nuts is the cause of that. "Becoming heroes" as kids may have fueled the Order of Heroes' creation (or something), too. For a while, Bruno, Sharena, and Alfonse were all working together in the order, after all, even though Bruno was going by Zacharias at the time. Maybe this arc will explain all that, including why he took on a different name. Maybe he was just being cautious. Pretty sure they didn't succeed in whatever they were supposed to do to help the fairies, though.

39 minutes ago, Mercakete said:

Ah, I forgot to say it earlier, but I do wonder if those two other kids with flashback Sharena were Alfonse and Bruno. The way kid Sharena was talking, she sounded like the younger sibling who always wants to be included. Also, the way the other two were talking reminded me of Alfonse and Bruno a bit (especially with how Alfonse was described as behaving when he was a kid.) Plus, Veronica may not have been born yet. She's a lot younger than Bruno, I think, so it would make sense if it was just Alfonse, Sharena, and Bruno. Also, Alfonse recently was having trouble remembering things about his friendship with Bruno. Maybe the rift between the dream world and the world Askr is in going nuts is the cause of that. "Becoming heroes" as kids may have fueled the Order of Heroes' creation (or something), too. For a while, Bruno, Sharena, and Alfonse were all working together in the order, after all, even though Bruno was going by Zacharias at the time. Maybe this arc will explain all that, including why he took on a different name. Maybe he was just being cautious. Pretty sure they didn't succeed in whatever they were supposed to do to help the fairies, though.

Those other 2 Kids were Alfonse and Bruno, and prolly Brunos cursed blood caused the Korruption of Freya

1 hour ago, IEatLasers said:

So, you guys think Freyja is evil?

what is Sharena’s ties to the fairies? That is confusing me still 

I mean last thing we saw from Freyja was kidnapping her brother and he literally had a protection against her so he clearly fears her. 

19 hours ago, Lapis said:

I mean last thing we saw from Freyja was kidnapping her brother and he literally had a protection against her so he clearly fears her. 

I got Freyja and the brother mixed up when responding. My bad 

On 5/14/2020 at 8:30 AM, Mercakete said:

Pretty sure the reason why Bruno did all that has already been explained. I forget the exact reason but there was something with his mother that caused him to flee Embla, and he took on the Zacharius name while in hiding.

53 minutes ago, Sentinel07 said:

Pretty sure the reason why Bruno did all that has already been explained. I forget the exact reason but there was something with his mother that caused him to flee Embla, and he took on the Zacharius name while in hiding.

It was mentioned that the the last Emperor of Embla had two wives, implying that Bruno and Veronica have different mothers, but I don't remember anything about Embla actually being "freed." I do remember that there's been a curse on the imperial family for generations, though, where a dark god takes hold of those of the imperial bloodline. It'd be nice to know when this information came out so that we could review it, though, yeah.

14 hours ago, Mercakete said:

It was mentioned that the the last Emperor of Embla had two wives, implying that Bruno and Veronica have different mothers, but I don't remember anything about Embla actually being "freed." I do remember that there's been a curse on the imperial family for generations, though, where a dark god takes hold of those of the imperial bloodline. It'd be nice to know when this information came out so that we could review it, though, yeah.

I think the curse might have been there from the beginning, because the Easter Tempest Trial that had Bruno and Veronica implied that Embla's founder, the dragon Embla, had something to do with it, and even implied we'll fight it eventually.

Edited by Sentinel07

1 hour ago, Sentinel07 said:

I think the curse might have been there from the beginning, because the Easter Tempest Trial that had Bruno and Veronica implied that Embla's founder, the dragon Embla, had something to do with it, and even implied we'll fight it eventually.

Oh, we are absolutely gearing up for a dragon/ manakete final boss xD The only question is if killing it will also kill the game or if we'll get more stories after it dies and if Embla IS the final boss, if IS will keep putting it off until they're ready to pull the plug on FEH.

46 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

Oh, we are absolutely gearing up for a dragon/ manakete final boss xD The only question is if killing it will also kill the game or if we'll get more stories after it dies and if Embla IS the final boss, if IS will keep putting it off until they're ready to pull the plug on FEH.

That's actually been something I've been wondering for a long time. Defeating Dragon Embla will likely bring the Askr-Embla war to an end, so I always wondered whether or not they intend for that storyline to be the end of the game, or if they intend for new adventures to come even after the two countries reconcile.

Whatever the case may be, I do hope they plan the story accordingly and don't end it unresolved. 

Edited by Sentinel07

15 minutes ago, Sentinel07 said:

That's actually been something I've been wondering for a long time. Defeating Dragon Embla will likely bring the Askr-Embla war to an end, so I always wondered whether or not they intend for that storyline to be the end of the game, or if they intend for new adventures to come even after the two countries reconcile.

Whatever the case may be, I do hope they plan the story accordingly and don't end it unresolved. 

I think we are still many steps away from that fight. If anything i suspect Book 5  will be handling the Allfather Alfoor, Thorr, Loki and co. Though i really dont know how they want to wrap up all the loose ends they leave behind (if they are in a hurry), considering they drop them left and right like candy.
I mean seriously:
- Fjorms health issue
- Bruno and his never ending search for a cure
- Veronicas endless battle against Askr and reuniting with his brother
- Lif and Thrasirs collab with the gods and sworn oath to defeat them when the right time comes
- Lokis i dont know wtf she wanted to resurrect in Book 1

I dont know... can we finally cut at least like 3 of those loose ends... and release OCs like Veronica Bruno Gustav for once!?