Book IV Official Speculation & Discussion Thread

DefyingFates

• Replies 630
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh. You know what else, it could be that Freyja winds up dying in the story and Peony and Triandra (or whatever her name is) become the new queens of dreams and nightmares respectively. They're siblings just like the last ones were, and they each represent dreams and nightmares just like Freyr and Freyja did. Also, Peony already has the light fairy symbol emblazoned on that nylon on her chest, and she's the more proactive of the light fairies we know. It helps that she's the book's representative, too.

13 hours ago, Mercakete said:

Oh. You know what else, it could be that Freyja winds up dying in the story and Peony and Triandra (or whatever her name is) become the new queens of dreams and nightmares respectively. They're siblings just like the last ones were, and they each represent dreams and nightmares just like Freyr and Freyja did. Also, Peony already has the light fairy symbol emblazoned on that nylon on her chest, and she's the more proactive of the light fairies we know. It helps that she's the book's representative, too.

Hmm, true that could indeed happen.

A little bit off topic, but I'm a little curious. If Sharena does get a fairy version, who do you think should do the art between Kozaki or Yoshiku?

Admittedly, seeing how Yoshiku would draw Sharena intrigues me.

Fairy Sharena sounds intriguing. I want her to be a flying Dancer/Singer for Astra that inflicts Isolation on opposing Dancers/Singers when she is under player control.

11 hours ago, Sentinel07 said:

Hmm, true that could indeed happen.

A little bit off topic, but I'm a little curious. If Sharena does get a fairy version, who do you think should do the art between Kozaki or Yoshiku?

Admittedly, seeing how Yoshiku would draw Sharena intrigues me.

I'm not familiar with/I don't pay attention to who draws what so I don't have an opinion on this.

On 9/22/2020 at 10:35 AM, Mercakete said:

I'm not familiar with/I don't pay attention to who draws what so I don't have an opinion on this.

Yoshiku's drawn all the Book 4 OCs and Kozaki drew Sharena, if that helps.

I must say, all this theorising has made me quite eager to see what the next chapter has in store! I'm still holding onto a bit of pessimism in case they botch the landing...but I can't deny I'm looking forward to the next chapters the same way I was for Book 3!

2 hours ago, DefyingFates said:

Yoshiku's drawn all the Book 4 OCs and Kozaki drew Sharena, if that helps.

I must say, all this theorising has made me quite eager to see what the next chapter has in store! I'm still holding onto a bit of pessimism in case they botch the landing...but I can't deny I'm looking forward to the next chapters the same way I was for Book 3!

The big thing that's really caught my eye is that the Order's plan isn't even to defeat Freyja so far. They're just trying to get away from her.

Unlike the last 2 books which became all about finding some rite and beating Surtr and Hel, they're just trying to get away from Freyja at this point.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/29/2020 at 12:31 PM, Sentinel07 said:

Unlike the last 2 books which became all about finding some rite and beating Surtr and Hel, they're just trying to get away from Freyja at this point.

I think they didn't want to do the same rinse and repeat thing over and over again like seriously the whole there's some mystical rite that can make the enemy killable is getting dull and boring I'm actually glad they haven't done the whole rite thing.

8 hours ago, PeonyofLeosa Dreamworld said:

I think they didn't want to do the same rinse and repeat thing over and over again like seriously the whole there's some mystical rite that can make the enemy killable is getting dull and boring I'm actually glad they haven't done the whole rite thing.

Oh completely agree. The whole "find a rite" thing was boring and repetitive. I'm glad that how Freyja as been handled is so different so far.

On another note, given the new calendar we just got, we're only getting one new hero banner in November. We'll get Chapter 13 for sure, but I wonder if they're not going to do a transition chapter this time.

2 hours ago, Sentinel07 said:

Oh completely agree. The whole "find a rite" thing was boring and repetitive. I'm glad that how Freyja as been handled is so different so far.

On another note, given the new calendar we just got, we're only getting one new hero banner in November. We'll get Chapter 13 for sure, but I wonder if they're not going to do a transition chapter this time.

I think so. Also, Kiran hasn't been around, so rites haven't mattered much. I wouldn't be surprised in the least if the next chapter is getting Kiran back and have something to do with a rite so we can use FE's only gun to shoot a baddie again.

On 10/9/2020 at 12:59 AM, Mercakete said:

I think so. Also, Kiran hasn't been around, so rites haven't mattered much. I wouldn't be surprised in the least if the next chapter is getting Kiran back and have something to do with a rite so we can use FE's only gun to shoot a baddie again.

...why do I feel like this is the most likely ending?

Honestly, though, I’m lowkey excited for the next chapter. Here’s to hoping we get something juicy about Triandra and Peony‘s backstories...

On 10/12/2020 at 4:15 PM, SirErrant said:

Triandra and Peony‘s backstories

Speaking of which are they sisters or not? 

cause each of them recalls having a sister and I know the whole Peony possibly being Sharena thing happens but still it makes no sense.

4 hours ago, PeonyofLeosa Dreamworld said:

Speaking of which are they sisters or not? 

cause each of them recalls having a sister and I know the whole Peony possibly being Sharena thing happens but still it makes no sense.

Considering the Book 4 Part 2 trailer, it's 99% likely Triandra and Peony are sisters.

And now we know Summoner can actually fight and uses Alfonse' sword. Could they use Sharena's lance and Anna's axe too I wonder?

54 minutes ago, Nym said:

And now we know Summoner can actually fight and uses Alfonse' sword. Could they use Sharena's lance and Anna's axe too I wonder?

I don't think it's Kiran himself. It could be a dream caused by Triandra or the Kiran is Alfonse and Vice Versa theory that was kind of teased during the end of the previous chapter. 

I am curious about Kiran's enemy stats... He probably have around 44-45 HP, since that 48 HP from the trailer is with Lv40+ stats. I will guess Kiran's Special is Sol, just because it's the same special Alfonse has.

Triandra is not present in that map... which means she was defeated in the previous map (Ch 12-4), like how Plumeria is defeated in Ch 11-4. The question is... will Triandra be killed or just defeated and then retreat?

3 hours ago, Diovani Bressan said:

I am curious about Kiran's enemy stats... He probably have around 44-45 HP, since that 48 HP from the trailer is with Lv40+ stats. I will guess Kiran's Special is Sol, just because it's the same special Alfonse has.

Triandra is not present in that map... which means she was defeated in the previous map (Ch 12-4), like how Plumeria is defeated in Ch 11-4. The question is... will Triandra be killed or just defeated and then retreat?

Could be Open the Future, right? Duo Alfonse and Lif both have it, and it has the same 3 cooldown as Sol.

I KNEW we were going to find out what happened to Kiran this time! But dang... We have to fight him? And...he's a sword unit? Dang! I don't think he'll be summonable, but that'd be something.

Now to read other peoples' reactions.

Hmm interesting thoughts. I didn't notice that the sword was Alfonse's, just that it had an Askran design.

1 hour ago, Mercakete said:

And...he's a sword unit?

It is kinda strange, isn’t Breidablik supposed to be most similar to a bow? I guess it could be related to the Kiran is Alfonse theory, but, like Mercakete said, it doesn‘t look exactly like Alfonse’s sword... Also, how exactly are they going to set up fighting Kiran? Is he a nightmare or is that real Kiran just held captive or something? Does all of this connect to the urban landscape we saw in the trailer? The plot thickens...

I hope the recent Summoner hype (even if they're not actually summonable yet) means IS will perk up and let us use what's essentially a self-insert for the game proper ... Normally I loathe them, but eh to hell with it, this game breaks all of my standard preferences.

Wonder if this boss battle will be that much harder than the one with all the goat fairies.. man, that one was nuts.

50 minutes ago, Othin said:

I do think this "Kiran" will be recruitable eventually, whether it's explained as them being a nightmare duplicate or some other sort of imposter.

Still waiting for Gustav and the Emblians. Gustav is basically green Tibarn, and I think he will be pretty awesome on Aether Raids defense. As for ??? and Veronica, I hope they get updated Weapons like how Hel got a slight update to hers to make her more a bit better.

1 minute ago, XRay said:

Still waiting for Gustav and the Emblians. Gustav is basically green Tibarn, and I think he will be pretty awesome on Aether Raids defense. As for ??? and Veronica, I hope they get updated Weapons like how Hel got a slight update to hers to make her more a bit better.

Yeah, agreed. Not sure what's taking Gustav so long, and I had the same idea for the other two.

3 hours ago, Othin said:

Yeah, agreed. Not sure what's taking Gustav so long, and I had the same idea for the other two.

Maybe IS doesn't realize the players want him.

3 hours ago, Othin said:

Guess it kind of depends on how IS views him. Like, do they view Gustav and Henriette as Book 3 characters, or are they more in the same category as Veronica and Bruno and such. They got the obvious Book 3 OC's out of the way with Lif, Thrasir, and Hel, but haven't budged on our new Askr characters.