Book IV Official Speculation & Discussion Thread

DefyingFates

Hmm...y'know, seeing that theory up there about Al being dead from back in Book 3 got me thinking about something.

Has anyone here heard the saying about wanting a "peaceful lie" over a "painful truth"? And throughout the chapter, they've practically been telling us directly that dreams aren't what they seem. We also know that while Queen Freyja obtained the power to control dreams, she had to steal that power from King Freyr. And we also know that Queen Freyja, despite now having all the power in the world, seemed awfully keen on getting "Alfonse" to end the dream and wake up.

So here's my theory. What if King Freyr was the "bad guy" all along, and Queen Freyja was the real "good guy" here? What if King Freyr purposely led the "Askr Trio" astray, going so far as to give them a tool that misled them into thinking it worked in the first place, because he wanted to shield Kiran from the reality of the real Alfonse's death? And Queen Freyja — the Queen of Nightmares, who not-so-subtly seemed to push the party rather than break them — led Kiran into coming into his self-realization, because she actually wants for him to end the dream. She wants him to wake up and push forward, because being trapped in ignorant bliss will never truly solve anything, so she chose to become the villain that would provide the right kind of motivation to wake Kiran up.

That may also be why Freyja and the Dokkalfr seem to take delight in tormenting the Ljosalfr; she knows that Peony and Mirabilis are only there to assist in trapping Kiran in the dream, and by tormenting the Ljosalfr, they become predictable and unknowingly work together with Freyja into waking him up faster.

Idk, it seems like a stretch but...at the same time, it kinda makes sense. And it's also a theory that can be "revealed as true" in Book 5 — because it's not the kind of theory anyone has to realize right away — so it's not like IS would have to devote the entirety of Chapter 13 to explaining it. It could just be that "truth" that's thrust upon the Summoner when the All Father attempts to taunt him before summoning a boss for said Summoner to fight.

Edited by MilodicMellodi

• Replies 630
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

17 minutes ago, MilodicMellodi said:

Hmm...y'know, seeing that theory up there about Al being dead from back in Book 3 got me thinking about something.

Has anyone here heard the saying about wanting a "peaceful lie" over a "painful truth"? And throughout the chapter, they've practically been telling us directly that dreams aren't what they seem. We also know that while Queen Freyja obtained the power to control dreams, she had to steal that power from King Freyr. And we also know that Queen Freyja, despite now having all the power in the world, seemed awfully keen on getting "Alfonse" to end the dream and wake up.

So here's my theory. What if King Freyr was the "bad guy" all along, and Queen Freyja was the real "good guy" here? What if King Freyr purposely led the "Askr Trio" astray, going so far as to give them a tool that misled them into thinking it worked in the first place, because he wanted to shield Kiran from the reality of the real Alfonse's death? And Queen Freyja — the Queen of Nightmares, who not-so-subtly seemed to push the party rather than break them — led Kiran into coming into his self-realization, because she actually wants for him to end the dream. She wants him to wake up and push forward, because being trapped in ignorant bliss will never truly solve anything, so she chose to become the villain that would provide the right kind of motivation to wake Kiran up.

That may also be why Freyja and the Dokkalfr seem to take delight in tormenting the Ljosalfr; she knows that Peony and Mirabilis are only there to assist in trapping Kiran in the dream, and by tormenting the Ljosalfr, they become predictable and unknowingly work together with Freyja into waking him up faster.

Idk, it seems like a stretch but...at the same time, it kinda makes sense. And it's also a theory that can be "revealed as true" in Book 5 — because it's not the kind of theory anyone has to realize right away — so it's not like IS would have to devote the entirety of Chapter 13 to explaining it. It could just be that "truth" that's thrust upon the Summoner when the All Father attempts to taunt him before summoning a boss for said Summoner to fight.

I thought of something similar, but there are holes. For example, look at how Freyja behaves when not around the Order of Heroes people. If she was actually the good guy, then behind the scenes, she would either be acting strategic, tired, sorrowful or resolute. However, she's still just vengeful and demeaning. That said, fairy logic is classically different than mortal logic. Things that we see as bad (such as theft) is normal to them, at least classically speaking. FEH seems to be following this at least somewhat. None of the fairies think like the humans do, even when they were once humans themselves. Their ways of thinking are at least somewhat relatable, though, as opposed to fairies from other literary sources.

Anyway, I think Freyja's just taunting everyone and tapping into the pain of their past and present, as she does. She did this to the dark fairies, and most recently, to Kiran, talking about feeling alone in the world first, then about Alfonse later.

Also, the horn didn't work because Kiran thought he was Alfonse when he blew the horn, so he was imagining the world Alfonse came from instead of the world he came from, himself.

54 minutes ago, Mercakete said:

I thought of something similar, but there are holes. For example, look at how Freyja behaves when not around the Order of Heroes people. If she was actually the good guy, then behind the scenes, she would either be acting strategic, tired, sorrowful or resolute. However, she's still just vengeful and demeaning. That said, fairy logic is classically different than mortal logic. Things that we see as bad (such as theft) is normal to them, at least classically speaking. FEH seems to be following this at least somewhat. None of the fairies think like the humans do, even when they were once humans themselves. Their ways of thinking are at least somewhat relatable, though, as opposed to fairies from other literary sources.

Anyway, I think Freyja's just taunting everyone and tapping into the pain of their past and present, as she does. She did this to the dark fairies, and most recently, to Kiran, talking about feeling alone in the world first, then about Alfonse later.

One of the common clichés of deities in many literary works they appear in is being one-dimensional in a way that befits their powers (in their personality, the way they operate, etc.) In fact, we've seen this in FEH already: Surtr is fiery, ill-tempered, and is easily prone to anger, while Hel was was bored, done with everyone's shit, and had an "are we done here?" outlook.

You know...in that way, I actually see a lot of similarities between FEH's Hel and Disney's Hades. I know they're both from different pantheons, and Sassy Hades isn't exactly the real portrayal of the true mythological figure, but the thought of the two scheming together makes me chuckle.

Anyhow, deities being one-dimensional would also bleed into the way they interact with the world around them. Freyja being highly egotistical (even more so than other deities, to the point where she's practically portrayed as spoiled) and essentially being the definition of Snarky Bitch™ was so obvious, and it bled into her interactions with everyone except for Freyr and the Dokkalfr (and even then, after Freyr's death I think she only truly cared for Triandra to an extent). It only got worse after Freyr's death; even the possible theory of trying to wake Kiran up wouldn't change this about her. Goal in mind or not, this is a spoiled deity suffering...and they don't suffer quietly.

54 minutes ago, Mercakete said:

Also, the horn didn't work because Kiran thought he was Alfonse when he blew the horn, so he was imagining the world Alfonse came from instead of the world he came from, himself.

If my theory is at least somewhat right, then this might also support it. If King Freyr knew the truth all along and sought to keep Kiran dreaming, giving him an item that wouldn't work properly without already having the self-realization needed to wake up would only help drag Kiran further into the dream. That is, however, until Freyja stole his powers; at that point, the ball was in her court and she pretty much had free reign to do almost whatever she wished

Edited by MilodicMellodi

Gotta say, what makes this kind of exciting is that we really have no idea how Chapter 13 is going to go.

How will Freyja be dealt with, if she even will be at all? Will Sharena's subplot finally reach its conclusion? Will Freyja's words in this chapter mean a more natural flow into Book 5 and that some plot aspects may continue into the new book?

Really, we have no idea how these are going to pan out. It's really unpredictable right now and I'm kind of excited for it. 😄

14 hours ago, Sentinel07 said:

Really, we have no idea how these are going to pan out. It's really unpredictable right now and I'm kind of excited for it.

Agreed! And I know it's been said before but we still don't have a plan to defeat Freyja either compared to the past two books' various Rites.That plus her explicitly mentioning consequences from the end of Book 3 makes me wonder if we're going to get a cliffhanger ending - or at the very least that Chapter 13 ends with everyone escaping the dream but Freyja doesn't care because she knows they'll run into each other again/ the Askrans are doomed to die to the Allfather.

Actually, I think that kind of ending would be interesting. It wouldn't be as satisfying as defeating or redeeming her, but if they handle it right that sort of "empty" feeling would be a great way to make us eager for more. Hmm...

P.S. I didn't realize Sharena's absence until you guys pointed it out. I know her swapping places with Peony's the main theory right now, but her and Alfonse actually being Freyja and Freyr would be a heck of a twist. Especially considering the fact that we...you know, killed Freyr. Even if it was Alfonse's dream and not the real one, oof.

Edited by DefyingFates

1 hour ago, DefyingFates said:

Agreed! And I know it's been said before but we still don't have a plan to defeat Freyja either compared to the past two books' various Rites.That plus her explicitly mentioning consequences from the end of Book 3 makes me wonder if we're going to get a cliffhanger ending - or at the very least that Chapter 13 ends with everyone escaping the dream but Freyja doesn't care because she knows they'll run into each other again/ the Askrans are doomed to die to the Allfather.

Actually, I think that kind of ending would be interesting. It wouldn't be as satisfying as defeating or redeeming her, but if they handle it right that sort of "empty" feeling would be a great way to make us eager for more. Hmm...

P.S. I didn't realize Sharena's absence until you guys pointed it out. I know her swapping places with Peony's the main theory right now, but her and Alfonse actually being Freyja and Freyr would be a heck of a twist. Especially considering the fact that we...you know, killed Freyr. Even if it was Alfonse's dream and not the real one, oof.

Above all else at this point, I just hope they didn't forget Sharena not being totally convinced last we saw her in Chapter 11. Whether she's the real one or not, just hoping they give that subplot the resolution it needs.

On 10/20/2020 at 3:50 AM, MilodicMellodi said:

One of the common clichés of deities in many literary works they appear in is being one-dimensional in a way that befits their powers (in their personality, the way they operate, etc.) In fact, we've seen this in FEH already: Surtr is fiery, ill-tempered, and is easily prone to anger, while Hel was was bored, done with everyone's shit, and had an "are we done here?" outlook.

You know...in that way, I actually see a lot of similarities between FEH's Hel and Disney's Hades. I know they're both from different pantheons, and Sassy Hades isn't exactly the real portrayal of the true mythological figure, but the thought of the two scheming together makes me chuckle.

Anyhow, deities being one-dimensional would also bleed into the way they interact with the world around them. Freyja being highly egotistical (even more so than other deities, to the point where she's practically portrayed as spoiled) and essentially being the definition of Snarky Bitch™ was so obvious, and it bled into her interactions with everyone except for Freyr and the Dokkalfr (and even then, after Freyr's death I think she only truly cared for Triandra to an extent). It only got worse after Freyr's death; even the possible theory of trying to wake Kiran up wouldn't change this about her. Goal in mind or not, this is a spoiled deity suffering...and they don't suffer quietly.

If my theory is at least somewhat right, then this might also support it. If King Freyr knew the truth all along and sought to keep Kiran dreaming, giving him an item that wouldn't work properly without already having the self-realization needed to wake up would only help drag Kiran further into the dream. That is, however, until Freyja stole his powers; at that point, the ball was in her court and she pretty much had free reign to do almost whatever she wished

Surtr being fiery and single-minded was really because of the Rite of Flames. His actual self burned away a long time ago, so it's kind of hard to say what he used to be like exactly. We still have hints about it from Laegjarn's testimony, though, and he was never really dad of the year. Also, he wasn't actually angry very often. Intense, sure, but not angry. He didn't care about anyone and only cared about burning up everything, taking pleasure in it. If anything, he was more unsatisfied with everything unless it was burning.

As for Hel, she didn't seem bored at all to me. She wasn't very emotional, and her voice has a slowness to it, but that doesn't mean she's bored. It's more like she's unbothered by waiting, and methodical. "Calm" suits her better than "bored." Death is impossible for mortals to avoid and she knows it, so she's basically just content to let things go on for a while. If we're looking at the big picture, though, she's vengeful (we still don't know the story behind that -- why she was so mad at Gustav, apart from sealing off (since he couldn't close it) her portal and thus making her wait to kill all of Askr) and getting impatient (she was motivated enough to start hurrying people along into death instead of just waiting for nature to take its course.) She was more detached from her feelings (for the most part) than bored.

As for Freyja... "practically" portrayed as spoiled? She's among the most spoiled characters in FE history, I think. Also, I'd hardly call her snarky. Whiny, sure. Pretty? Absolutely. But she hasn't made any clever rhetoric. Just "Hahaha, I hate humans and want to make you guys suffer because my brother likes you more than me I think."

And as for Freyr, he seemed sincere enough in his admission and reassessment of his and Freyja's idea to kidnap kids who came from terrible lives. He expressed some pretty gosh darn sincere regret over it, too, and gave himself up to take away some of his crazy sister's power. No one asked him to do any of that, and Freyja's response was really intense. I don't think he had himself killed just to keep Kiran dreaming, and I don't think there was any fakeout there, either, else Freyja would still have dream powers (as opposed to just nightmare powers) and she wouldn't have reacted so strongly.

@DefyingFates

It was mentioned before that Sharena's sleeping off her trauma. I assume that's what's still going on.

Also, it's not Alfonse's dream. It's Kiran's.

• 2 weeks later...

Was really hoping they'd drop the "only 13 chapters per book" thing. At least they used chapter parts better this time around. 

Also looking forward to Book 5's legendary/mythic starring in some December banner.

Damn, between "Alfonse" seeing real Earth and that revelatio, it's making me feel just 1 more chapter really won't be able to cover and wrap it all neatly in just 5 segments. Really looking towards a cliffhanger or some half-assed resolution.

Maybe Veronica saves the day...

Edited by Lanko

Last chapter, huh? Hmm we'll probably get rapid-fire resolutions like we did in the last one. What I expect to be resolved: Sharena gets over her stress and does something vital to help out, maybe even becoming a fairy. Probably not, though. Peony is revealed to be the one Sharena used to switch places with. Freyja gets defeated. If she's killed, then Loki opens the way to book 5. If she isn't killed, then Freyja does so. We may get a xenologue of Loki telling Bruno about Alfonse. Peony probably takes over as the Dream Queen.

I wonder if Kiran will be keeping Alfonse's guise so that he can have lines and stuff in the next book, even when the dream ends. This feels like we're going into the last book, which is even worse than thinking that there's too much to resolve in this one chapter... It seems to follow the pattern of "beat up the boss, boss opens the way to the last world where the final boss is, some sort of hopeful speech, go rescue a friend (which for some reason is seen as the same as saving the world.)" Final boss is obviously Alfador, Loki will probably help us out against him, Thorr is obviously his main lieutenant. However, we'll probably also see a lot of returning foes since Thorr has kind of been gathering them (though the only recruitment we actually saw was of Lif and Thrasir.) In this case, the bad guys aren't actually bad (Seriously feeling like we're on the bad guys side of things. Not saying we actually are, though; we're just doing bad guy stuff, like usurpation) but since they (Thorr/probably Alfador) have such a focus of making us powerful, and knowing how ragnarok is (not a bad thing, just the end of a cycle) I wonder if all this time they've been trying to prepare us for a new era where they're not the gods anymore. Founding a new Askr, Muspell, Embla, and Nifl (or an entirely new system) (which means that we could possibly confront all the dragons in this next book as part of getting ready to fight Alfador, or after failing to beat Alfador in order to gain what power we need to beat him) and overthrowing the last one. This should also bring to conclusion a side story that people seem to have forgotten about: Alfonse and Bruno's strained friendship. At the very beginning, Alfonse was nervous about trusting people outside of his world because he made a friend in Zacharias, who disappeared one day. It hurt him so badly, that he didn't want to make friends with heroes after that. Later, we found Zacharias a few times, and finally it was revealed that he was really Prince Bruno of Embla. Their story is still unresolved, which people seem to forgot in favor of remembering Bruno's quest to get rid of the curse on his and his sister's blood (which is why he left Alfonse and Sharena in the first place.) If we're probably fighting Embla (and all the other founding dragons to get their help), and since Alfonse has kind of been poofed out of existence by Alfador, I could see Bruno fighting by our side to save his friend and free his family from Embla's curse. (Maybe he'll be our freebie/"guide" this time?) Also, Alfador might be Eir's dad. Heck, her name is more or less "heir," which could mean that this next cycle has been on his mind for a while, and he intended to make her the next deity ruler. We know that she is descended from a life deity, which, of course, could be Alfador.

Also, I'm kind of surprised people couldn't tell when Triandra and Plumeria died.

3 hours ago, Mercakete said:

Last chapter, huh? Hmm we'll probably get rapid-fire resolutions like we did in the last one. What I expect to be resolved: Sharena gets over her stress and does something vital to help out, maybe even becoming a fairy. Probably not, though. Peony is revealed to be the one Sharena used to switch places with. Freyja gets defeated. If she's killed, then Loki opens the way to book 5. If she isn't killed, then Freyja does so. We may get a xenologue of Loki telling Bruno about Alfonse. Peony probably takes over as the Dream Queen.

I wonder if Kiran will be keeping Alfonse's guise so that he can have lines and stuff in the next book, even when the dream ends. This feels like we're going into the last book, which is even worse than thinking that there's too much to resolve in this one chapter... It seems to follow the pattern of "beat up the boss, boss opens the way to the last world where the final boss is, some sort of hopeful speech, go rescue a friend (which for some reason is seen as the same as saving the world.)" Final boss is obviously Alfador, Loki will probably help us out against him, Thorr is obviously his main lieutenant. However, we'll probably also see a lot of returning foes since Thorr has kind of been gathering them (though the only recruitment we actually saw was of Lif and Thrasir.) In this case, the bad guys aren't actually bad (Seriously feeling like we're on the bad guys side of things. Not saying we actually are, though; we're just doing bad guy stuff, like usurpation) but since they (Thorr/probably Alfador) have such a focus of making us powerful, and knowing how ragnarok is (not a bad thing, just the end of a cycle) I wonder if all this time they've been trying to prepare us for a new era where they're not the gods anymore. Founding a new Askr, Muspell, Embla, and Nifl (or an entirely new system) (which means that we could possibly confront all the dragons in this next book as part of getting ready to fight Alfador, or after failing to beat Alfador in order to gain what power we need to beat him) and overthrowing the last one. This should also bring to conclusion a side story that people seem to have forgotten about: Alfonse and Bruno's strained friendship. At the very beginning, Alfonse was nervous about trusting people outside of his world because he made a friend in Zacharias, who disappeared one day. It hurt him so badly, that he didn't want to make friends with heroes after that. Later, we found Zacharias a few times, and finally it was revealed that he was really Prince Bruno of Embla. Their story is still unresolved, which people seem to forgot in favor of remembering Bruno's quest to get rid of the curse on his and his sister's blood (which is why he left Alfonse and Sharena in the first place.) If we're probably fighting Embla (and all the other founding dragons to get their help), and since Alfonse has kind of been poofed out of existence by Alfador, I could see Bruno fighting by our side to save his friend and free his family from Embla's curse. (Maybe he'll be our freebie/"guide" this time?) Also, Alfador might be Eir's dad. Heck, her name is more or less "heir," which could mean that this next cycle has been on his mind for a while, and he intended to make her the next deity ruler. We know that she is descended from a life deity, which, of course, could be Alfador.

Also, I'm kind of surprised people couldn't tell when Triandra and Plumeria died.

A very nice and in-depth write up! You also covered everything I had to say, so...I'm lost 😛

I'll just add that I really think this is going to end on a cliffhanger. The last chapter raised too many questions and problems to overcome (i.e. Alfonse being captured) to wrap it up here without it feeling rushed. I hadn't thought of there being a Xenologue-epilogue. That's actually very clever! If this really is the "big finale" (at least of this arc) maybe we could get a few Xenologues, each showing how the other Realms we've seen so far will get drawn into the conflict? At this point I'm worried the only way we'll get closure on Eir's parentage is if the other OCs get time to shine too.

One thing I'll say for Thorr though is that her stance that "humans are admirable" makes me doubt she'd be an antagonist. If anything, I think she'd be the one to help us, not Loki (though probably after making us "earn" her assistance via an early battle). As for Bruno making the next freebie...that would be nice (and playable Hel showed IS doesn't mind updating weapons between a Hero being an NPC and becoming playable) but I suspect it'll be another brand new waifu OC. That said, I am curious to see how IS portrays giants/ dwarves, so I do look forward to seeing her them in that regard.

P.S. Thanks for the earlier comment about Sharena! I forgot she was taking a break. To be fair, I can't blame her. I hope she steps up here though so she can earn her place in the centre of the Book 4 poster. Or is at least poised to lead the Order by the end of the Book, I can accept that as a compromise.

Edited by DefyingFates

55 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

P.S. Thanks for the earlier comment about Sharena! I forgot she was taking a break. To be fair, I can't blame her. I hope she steps up here though so she can earn her place in the centre of the Book 4 poster. Or is at least poised to lead the Order by the end of the Book, I can accept that as a compromise.

Still riding on the hope that her conspicuous absence from the last chapter was intentional and it builds up to a resolution of some kind.

I doubt that Alfador is going down without someone making a play for his position at the end I mean some villain has to covet the supreme god position its too high of a position for it not to be coveted by someone. That could easily what the book after this is about some baddie trying to become the new supreme god after Alfador's defeat/change of heart or what ever happens to him. Alternatively maybe it  takes a  book to get to the end game of Alfador with the upcoming book being a find away to get to his realm/defeat him focused more on Thorr and Loki.

23 hours ago, DefyingFates said:

One thing I'll say for Thorr though is that her stance that "humans are admirable" makes me doubt she'd be an antagonist. If anything, I think she'd be the one to help us, not Loki (though probably after making us "earn" her assistance via an early battle).

An antagonist isn't necessarily a villain. It's just someone or something which provides opposition for the hero/protagonist of a story. Honestly, I don't see Thorr or Alfador as bad guys, but certainly as antagonists. I'm thinking this is "overcome me to become strong enough to take over for me/start a new era."

20 hours ago, Mercakete said:

An antagonist isn't necessarily a villain. It's just someone or something which provides opposition for the hero/protagonist of a story. Honestly, I don't see Thorr or Alfador as bad guys, but certainly as antagonists. I'm thinking this is "overcome me to become strong enough to take over for me/start a new era."

Good point. I could see that being the case too, at least on Thorr's part. Now that you mention it though, I'm curious if Alfador kidnapped Alfonse as a punishment for breaking reality or to see what else he (and the Order) are capable of. Interesting, thank you!

This isn't specifically related to Book 4, but something that came to mind that I was a little curious as to others opinion on.

So, we've already seen Loki and Thorr, and I began to wonder, does anyone think that we might be see more of the Aesir represented here? Or do most of you think it'll just stick to Loki, Thorr, and the Allfather?

20 hours ago, Sentinel07 said:

This isn't specifically related to Book 4, but something that came to mind that I was a little curious as to others opinion on.

So, we've already seen Loki and Thorr, and I began to wonder, does anyone think that we might be see more of the Aesir represented here? Or do most of you think it'll just stick to Loki, Thorr, and the Allfather?

It's hard to say. They could, since it looks like the next book will be in Asgard and they tend to add new characters in new books. However, they already have several. For example, they need to (if they want to complete things as per my projection summary) still introduce the four dragons and Alfador. So, that's 5 new designs already. Then we have Loki and Thorr, who already exist, and will surely be a part of this. So, in total, that's 7 characters themed to this place, which is kind of a lot for a FEH book.

4 hours ago, Mercakete said:

It's hard to say. They could, since it looks like the next book will be in Asgard and they tend to add new characters in new books. However, they already have several. For example, they need to (if they want to complete things as per my projection summary) still introduce the four dragons and Alfador. So, that's 5 new designs already. Then we have Loki and Thorr, who already exist, and will surely be a part of this. So, in total, that's 7 characters themed to this place, which is kind of a lot for a FEH book.

Guess you're right.

I suppose some part of me just really wants to see more characters in Odin's Pantheon. Like, does he really have basically a whole army of women like Thorr and Loki. 😄

Was it already directly confirmed Loki and Thor were gods rather than just very, very, very heavily implied? If not then Feh just spoiled it for us. They are definitely gods. 

10 hours ago, Sentinel07 said:

I suppose some part of me just really wants to see more characters in Odin's Pantheon. Like, does he really have basically a whole army of women like Thorr and Loki.

He's a representative of the typical gacha player!

16 hours ago, Etrurian emperor said:

Was it already directly confirmed Loki and Thor were gods rather than just very, very, very heavily implied? If not then Feh just spoiled it for us. They are definitely gods. 

He's a representative of the typical gacha player!

Honestly, part of me wonders if they would have to create a 3rd underling for the Allfather so they'd have one available if FEH gets a 3rd crossover event in Dragalia Lost.

I mean, they had Loki as the antagonist in the first one, and then Thorr in the second one. So, if there's a Part 3, we need another Aesir. 😄

I'm kidding on most of this honestly. I just wanted to say something silly.

Edited by Sentinel07

17 minutes ago, Sentinel07 said:

Honestly, part of me wonders if they would have to create a 3rd underling for the Allfather so they'd have one available if FEH gets a 3rd crossover event in Dragalia Lost.

I mean, they had Loki as the antagonist in the first one, and then Thorr in the second one. So, if there's a Part 3, we need another Aesir. 😄

I'm kidding on most of this honestly. I just wanted to say something silly.

They could always use Alfador himself, honestly. Or one of the dragons (Askr, Muspell, Nifl, Embla.) Actually, Veronica works, too.

• 2 weeks later...

We're likely getting our new banner trailer (and thus story teaser) tomorrow. What are you last two day predictions for the finale? I don't want to get my hopes up too high but this is the first time IS has hyped up a Book's finale. Hopefully it means they have high hopes for it, even if we don't. I hope Sharena does something and Kiran!Alfonse doesn't become a silent protagonist again.