Book IV Official Speculation & Discussion Thread

DefyingFates

6 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

We're likely getting our new banner trailer (and thus story teaser) tomorrow. What are you last two day predictions for the finale? I don't want to get my hopes up too high but this is the first time IS has hyped up a Book's finale. Hopefully it means they have high hopes for it, even if we don't. I hope Sharena does something and Kiran!Alfonse doesn't become a silent protagonist again.

I think we're going to be led into the last book...at least of this arc.

• Replies 630
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

44 minutes ago, Mercakete said:

I think we're going to be led into the last book...at least of this arc.

Agreed. No way this isn't ending in a cliffhanger. Or maybe Alfonse isn't kidnapped yet but gets kidnapped as soon as everyone wakes up? I could see that kind of double fake-out happening. Needless to say I'll be steering far away from any datamines until I'm done with the Chapter 😛

4 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

Agreed. No way this isn't ending in a cliffhanger. Or maybe Alfonse isn't kidnapped yet but gets kidnapped as soon as everyone wakes up? I could see that kind of double fake-out happening. Needless to say I'll be steering far away from any datamines until I'm done with the Chapter 😛

I don't even read the text during chapter sneak-peaks on banner highlights.

6 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

Ah, that's wise. I think I've only done that once before, I should do that more often!

Thanks. 🙂 Yeah, I can't stand spoilers. Even character names or music titles. (I like experiencing a story exactly as the author intended it, you know? Maximum enjoyment that way.)

3 minutes ago, Mercakete said:

Thanks. 🙂 Yeah, I can't stand spoilers. Even character names or music titles. (I like experiencing a story exactly as the author intended it, you know? Maximum enjoyment that way.)

Oh don't worry, I'm totally with you there. I'm glad to find someone else who feels the same way!

On the other hand, I do like watching teaser or reveal trailers, so that's probably why I watch these previews. But as I said before, I probably shouldn't xD

22 minutes ago, PeonyofLeosa Dreamworld said:

I hope not I wanna see some hot guys with abs at least and good character

It would be a nice twist if Norse Goddesses or Valkyries were genderbent too, but let's face it, they're going to be women too. And at least half of them will be just as poorly dressed as Loki, I imagine.

13 hours ago, DefyingFates said:

It would be a nice twist if Norse Goddesses or Valkyries were genderbent too, but let's face it, they're going to be women too. And at least half of them will be just as poorly dressed as Loki, I imagine.

Ouch. You're right...if they make it into the game, of course. But yeah, a legion of male valkyries would be cool.

It's odd that the trailer introduces 4-13 as "Final Story Chapter". In the Desert Mercenaries video, 3-13 was introduced as "New Story Chapter".

I hope there's nothing to read into that, we've still got plenty of story threads standing.

1 hour ago, wheelsonfire said:

Maybe because there was an intermission during previous chapters? I can see at least one more book happening, because they’re still Asgard and the characters there.

Only Book 1 was followed by an intermission.

And yeah, there's gotta be at least one more book's worth of story. But maybe it'll be handled a bit differently, somehow?

I hope the rest of the story isn’t just side missions and events. Valkyrie Atonomia did that eventually and it was just a mess trying to follow... not to mention it among other things made the game so unpopular that The global servers were shut down after only one year...

I honestly don't think it's anything too deep to look into. All the other notices just said "final chapter of Book 4". Could just be a slight terminology change and nothing more.

I suppose if you want to look at it one way, perhaps the reason for it is because Books 2 and 3 were followed by Xenologues that set up their next books, and they clearly are not doing that this time, so perhaps they changed the term just to show that this is the last one before the next book.

I really see no reason for things to change unless the game itself is ending.

Obviously Alfonse isn't dead, but I hope he stays missing for this last chapter, and for some time into Book 5. Maybe he can do some background stuff, like learn more about Alfador or the Jotunn (since they're probably next on our chopping block).

Since Sharena should be over her mid-teen-life crisis by the end of the chapter, I'd like for her to really get into the protagonist role. 

Hmm, I'd say I have mixed feelings.

On the plus side, I like that they didn't forget Sharena and resolved her sub-plot, and I liked Freyja's development as well as the dreams theme with Peony. On the minus side, disappointing that the Alfonse sub-plot turned into a fake-out, and the drama of the dream world ending was all for naught. 

In the end, it feels like they went for another "everything returns to normal" ending just like the previous ones. Really getting tired of the Pokemon anime-esque reboot style of these stories.

Spoiler

I'm really disappointed the Alfonse thing ended up being a fake-out. A part of me hope it's a foreshadowing of what will happen with Book 5, but I'm not expecting it.

Oh well, at least the Peony/Sharena subplot got a little closure.

I have abandoned Feh entirely and only played the first round of Loki's pawns but I had to follow the closure of the story. 

Mixed feelings but I am leaning towards being really happy about it. Here are my thoughts on the ending

Spoiler

What I didn't like was how basicaly most dialogue was about the summoner waking up or keep dreaming and how the Alfonse plot was fake, they could have had Loki or Thor bring him back as a trick to mess things up or as a reward for their battle respectively. 

The positive things are definitely the story between Shareena and Peony, really liked how it ended and Sharena's reaction to peony's flowers at the end was really good. Also Freya has solidified her place as one of my favourite FE characters. Her development was amazing despite being a villain. She started out obsessive and immature. After his death she was at a loss at the beginning and she wanted to bring him back using the power of the Summoner's dreams. However, at the end she started feeling the same way Freyr felt about the fairies and brought them back. At least that's my take on her character. 

Book 4 was really good definitely better that 1 and 2 however, can't really say about 3. 3 focused on Alfonse (with Gustav, Lif and generally it focused on his progression). 4 focused on Sharena (with the whole Peony and nectar thing). 

Now I wonder if we will face Asgard, Alfathor, Loki, Thor in the next book or there will be something else (there are 9 worlds after all). 

Spoiler

Also, can I say poor Freyr? The two Dark Elves get revived thanks to Freyja's sacrifice, the Light Elves are spared Freyja's wrath and Peony's hanging out with Sharena now, and Freyja seems to have just been put into an eternal slumber as Plumeria and Triandra imply she can be saved from her fate. He's the only one who's fate remained the same and was given no hints to a potential return.

Edited by Medeus

After thinking on it a little longer, I do steer more towards positive than anything else on the ending. At the end of the day, I did get what I wanted. I wanted Sharena to have her sub-plot get resolved and I got it, and Peony's story wasn't half-bad either so that was nice too.

We'll just have to wait until Book 5 to see if there does end up being any lasting consequences from this. Alfonse being smitted by the All-Father might have ended up being fake, but repercussions might still be a possibility.