Book IV Official Speculation & Discussion Thread

DefyingFates

15 hours ago, Othin said:

He'll get a regular version sometime in Book 5. Remember, this time last year we only had two of the Book 3 OCs, and we've gotten both Lif and Hel since then.

Alfonse and Sharena's parents would like a word with you.

• Replies 630
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pasting my comment from the Book 4 ending video thread:

Spoiler

I'll admit this got me in the feels (but that's because I see Freyja as genuinely caring for the other fairies before getting obsessed over Freyr). I wasn't expecting it to double as a Book 5 teaser but I'm just glad that this is indeed where the payoff (at least from Book 3) comes into play and it hasn't been pushed back to something else. And Dwarves, huh? Dwarves can do a ton of crazy stuff in Norse myth, so maybe Team Alfador and/or Team Lif are going to be commissioning them for something? I look forward to seeing what comes of it!!

On 11/26/2020 at 7:07 PM, Sunwoo said:

... I'm not gonna lie, it's kiiiiiind of disgusting how much they're trying to shove down the players' throats that "Look, look, Freyja is really good and you should feel sorry for her! YOU MUST LOVE HER!" with that last video. Villains and antagonists can have sympathetic beginnings while their actions in the ends are not justified. If Freyja was the same character she is now but looked like Hel and Surtr had a lovechild, no one would care about her.

Also, didn't she literally say right before she "died" that she only wanted tools and never actually cared about Triandra and Plumeria? I remember there were some people who were not happy about Eir forgiving Hel at the end of book 3, and what the fuck is this?

Basically this. Also, I called Triandra and Plumeria being recruited, though I didn't get the recruiters right. Yeah, looks like a boss rush is coming for the final when we get to it.

1 hour ago, Mercakete said:

Basically this. Also, I called Triandra and Plumeria being recruited, though I didn't get the recruiters right. Yeah, looks like a boss rush is coming for the final when we get to it.

Honestly, I can at least understand Triandra and Plumeria's reaction. They had no home to go back to anyway. They wanted a new life and to be "heroes". Freyja did give them that chance, even if she didn't love them as much as she said she did. They at least did know what they were getting into, so them still being thankful to Freyja for what she did give them sort of makes sense to me.

Eir is the more egregious of the two scenarios, where she was outright stolen and then completely disregards whoever her family used to be for the sake of calling Hel her mother. At least Nino came around to see the monster Sonia was and wanted to learn more about where she came from.

Edited by Sentinel07