Book IV Official Speculation & Discussion Thread

DefyingFates

3 hours ago, Hilda said:

Gustav

I want him. He got Brash Assault without the HP requirement, which is pretty neat. It would be cool for Galeforce build or dual phase build with Quick Riposte.

• Replies 630
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, Hilda said:

I think we are still many steps away from that fight. If anything i suspect Book 5  will be handling the Allfather Alfoor, Thorr, Loki and co. Though i really dont know how they want to wrap up all the loose ends they leave behind (if they are in a hurry), considering they drop them left and right like candy.
I mean seriously:
- Fjorms health issue
- Bruno and his never ending search for a cure
- Veronicas endless battle against Askr and reuniting with his brother
- Lif and Thrasirs collab with the gods and sworn oath to defeat them when the right time comes
- Lokis i dont know wtf she wanted to resurrect in Book 1

I dont know... can we finally cut at least like 3 of those loose ends... and release OCs like Veronica Bruno Gustav for once!?

1. In all honesty, I think Fjorm's health issue has basically been dropped from the story. I feel like they have no intention of addressing it. If they do, I'll be surprised.

2. Bruno and Veronica's individual issues will probably persist until we eventually go against Dragon Embla. I feel like they'll continue to drag them out until then.

3. Lif and Thrasir working with the gods might intertwine with whenever the Allfather, Thorr, and Loki make a move, whatever that might be.

4. Loki's whole "resurrection" thing and her researching dragons from other worlds is certainly bizarre, and who can say whatever it's leading towards.

On a somewhat different note, this is something that has been bugging me for a while. As of the last couple chapters, we know Midgard is used to refer to the land of humans, and Askr and Embla is included in this. However, there is one thing I keep debating with myself about. Do Nifl and Muspell also fall under the realm of Midgard? In Norse myth, Midgard, Niflheim, and Muspellheim are three different realms, so I keep wondering if Fire Emblem's version is the same as that, or if Nifl and Muspell are also counted among the realm of humans here. 

21 hours ago, Sentinel07 said:

On a somewhat different note, this is something that has been bugging me for a while. As of the last couple chapters, we know Midgard is used to refer to the land of humans, and Askr and Embla is included in this. However, there is one thing I keep debating with myself about. Do Nifl and Muspell also fall under the realm of Midgard? In Norse myth, Midgard, Niflheim, and Muspellheim are three different realms, so I keep wondering if Fire Emblem's version is the same as that, or if Nifl and Muspell are also counted among the realm of humans here. 

Nifl and Muspel seem to be treated as different realms as they needed a portal to get to the former and the latter needed Loki to get Naglfar to allow their forces to get to Midgar. 

• 3 weeks later...

Why does Freyja look so young? It kind of bugs me a little. IS can design their characters however they want, obviously, but it just makes me not take her as seriously as if she looked like, say, Mila.

Edited by Mercakete

22 minutes ago, Mercakete said:

Why does Freyja look so young? It kind of bugs me a little. IS can design their characters however they want, obviously, but it just makes me not take her as seriously as if she looked like, say, Mila.

I also would like her to look more like Mila however from her lines so far you can kind of tell she is "young". Regardless she is the only fairy I will spend orbs to get as I really like her design a lot. Hopefully she becomes playable at some point through a new heroes banner and does not get the Hel treatment. 

4 minutes ago, SuperNova125 said:

I also would like her to look more like Mila however from her lines so far you can kind of tell she is "young". Regardless she is the only fairy I will spend orbs to get as I really like her design a lot. Hopefully she becomes playable at some point through a new heroes banner and does not get the Hel treatment. 

I could tell she was mentally compromised, at least when she's dark. I wasn't reading "young." In the Sharena flashbacks, she sounded more sound-minded and mature to me.

2 hours ago, Mercakete said:

I could tell she was mentally compromised, at least when she's dark. I wasn't reading "young." In the Sharena flashbacks, she sounded more sound-minded and mature to me.

I remembered her dialogue with Freyr where she was more playful and associated her with a more young appearance. However our of all the book 4 OCs she and her brother seem the most "mature" to me. 

With Peony and Mirabilis being released on New Heroes banners, I'm guessing Plumeria and Triandra will get the same treatment later in the book. I'm hoping one is Astra and the other Dark, so they'll have all four elements covered. I don't really need more defense mythics, but an Astra mythic dancer would be really convenient. 

2 hours ago, Othin said:

I'm guessing Plumeria and Triandra will get the same treatment later in the book.

Oh, I sure hope so. I'm actually tempted to pull for Anna just so I can get the free Mirabilish after.

Also, this banner marking Book IV's "midpoint" is...pretty big news if we take it literally, since it means it'll last longer than the 13 Chapters we've come to expect. I'm so glad they're willing to break the pattern! It should hopefully also mean Sharena gets more development, considering she hasn't really gotten any yet despite this being "her Book".

As for Freyja looking young...I'm okay with it, actually. After all, she seems to be the strongest fairy in existence (along with her brother) so possessing eternal youth is well within the bounds of possibility and adds to her creepy factor (at least, it feels much creepier than, say, Veronica was meant to be). We're probably getting the full cinematic tomorrow, huh? I look forward to it!

1 hour ago, DefyingFates said:

It should hopefully also mean Sharena gets more development, considering she hasn't really gotten any yet despite this being "her Book"

Hate to break it to you but Alfonse is most likely going to steal her spotlight.

18 minutes ago, PeonyofLeosa Dreamworld said:

Hate to break it to you but Alfonse is most likely going to steal her spotlight.

Yeah, but considering Sharena seems very important to the backstory I hope she at least gets something to show for it by the end.

Oh, and I forgot to mention this before, but Mirabilis having a sword unlocks a lot of doors for Freyr and Freyja when they're released. Freyr is probably going to be another mage - Colorless, maybe - given he has a staff (I suppose he could be a healer that grants extra movement or something, though), but Freyja could be anything.

...or another Colorless mage. Considering the implication that she went mad or was corrupted though, she could be either a Red or a Blue one too...

5 hours ago, DefyingFates said:

Oh, I sure hope so. I'm actually tempted to pull for Anna just so I can get the free Mirabilish after.

Also, this banner marking Book IV's "midpoint" is...pretty big news if we take it literally, since it means it'll last longer than the 13 Chapters we've come to expect. I'm so glad they're willing to break the pattern! It should hopefully also mean Sharena gets more development, considering she hasn't really gotten any yet despite this being "her Book".

As for Freyja looking young...I'm okay with it, actually. After all, she seems to be the strongest fairy in existence (along with her brother) so possessing eternal youth is well within the bounds of possibility and adds to her creepy factor (at least, it feels much creepier than, say, Veronica was meant to be). We're probably getting the full cinematic tomorrow, huh? I look forward to it!

I think you might be taking it too literally. I think it'll be the usual 13 chapters.

Midpoint doesn't necessarily mean 50 percent left.

7 minutes ago, Sentinel07 said:

I think you might be taking it too literally. I think it'll be the usual 13 chapters.

Yeah, I was worried that may be the case before and I'm worried it is now. It would be nice if they really are bucking the trend for the sake of a deeper story (also because it gets us more Orbs and Chain Challenges), but if they can tell a good story with the usual 13 I'll be fine. However, a "good story" this time also means fleshing Sharena out and making Freyja compelling with the few chapters we have next...and for more than just fanservice, though that seems to be enough for the subreddit to the surprise of no one.

Still: tomorrow's going to be a big day for Heroes and I genuinely can't wait! (P.S. I know it won't be this Forging Bonds, but I hope they permanently adopt the mini-FB style sooner than later.)

Edited by DefyingFates

5 minutes ago, Jingle Jangle said:

I have no clue how Sharena's relationship with Peony will turn out. Two parts of the same souls? Imaginary friend? We going the the present world? Or this is all one large super dream.

The scene of Alfonse in our world is likely a nightmare. I do hope we get a chapter there though. Could make for some cool maps.

And yeah, I'm very intrigued to see just where they take Sharena with this.

Video is back now.

I have to say Book IV has been my favorite so far. I do like the Mystical, Fairy World (reminds me a lot of stuff like Etrian Odyssey), and the second half definitely seems to be going for something interesting (the shot of Alfonse in what seems to be the present world really piked my interest).

Few things I noticed in the video:

Spoiler
  • The way Freyr and Freyja interacted make me believe they are siblings (most likely) or lovers. But Freyr had to reject Freyja's love for some reasons which made her want to spread her nightmares, maybe possibly to change the world of dreams to her reality. The way she sealed Freyr away make me believe she may not wish to harm him in any ways but keep him for herself.
  • Sharena and Peony have some kind of connection. What that connection is unclear, perhaps they share the same soul?
  • Alfonse has some kind of nightmare, strangely about skyscrappers of Earth.
  • Kiran possibly mind control and attacks Alfonse or is trying to save Alfonse from his nightmare about Earth?
  • Peony and Triandra are possibly sisters. Whatever or not Plumeria is related to them or not isn't revealed.
  • Young ljósálfars don't have wings until they reach a certain age
  • It might be possible that dökkálfar are actually corrupted ljósálfar

31 minutes ago, Nym said:

Few things I noticed in the video:

Reveal hidden contents
  • The way Freyr and Freyja interacted make me believe they are siblings (most likely) or lovers. But Freyr had to reject Freyja's love for some reasons which made her want to spread her nightmares, maybe possibly to change the world of dreams to her reality. The way she sealed Freyr away make me believe she may not wish to harm him in any ways but keep him for herself.
  • Sharena and Peony have some kind of connection. What that connection is unclear, perhaps they share the same soul?
  • Alfonse has some kind of nightmare, strangely about skyscrappers of Earth.
  • Kiran possibly mind control and attacks Alfonse or is trying to save Alfonse from his nightmare about Earth?
  • Peony and Triandra are possibly sisters. Whatever or not Plumeria is related to them or not isn't revealed.
  • Young ljósálfars don't have wings until they reach a certain age
  • It might be possible that dökkálfar are actually corrupted ljósálfar

Spoiler

Freyr and Freyja are siblings in the place where IS gets at least half of these names Norse mythology, so it's likely that the FEH ones are too.

I don't get why we're using spoiler tags for a video that's public now...

Anyway:

• Freyja seemed to genuinely care for Freyr at the start. Given these trailers are always metaphorical though, that could just be past!Freyja. Still, it'd be interesting if all of this was just a misguided attempt to protect him or something. If so, she'll probably be redeemed...which would actually be a first for FEH, so I'd be okay with a more "wholesome" ending like that.
  • Sharena and Peony sharing a reflection. At first I thought this made them sisters, but...
  • Peony and Triandra are definitely the sisters instead, which makes sense given their "equal and opposite" thing. Maybe Triandra could grant "Gentle Dreams" too before getting corrupted? Hey, some people have been theorycrafting "redeemed villains" for a while now, so maybe a young Triandra alt could be in the works. The sister reveal my also be why she's caught off-guard here. No clue about Plumeria though. She's probably also a ljosalfr turned bad...but she could also just have been evil from the beginning. I've also noticed for a while that Alfonse is pushed as the one with the closest bond with Kiran, so him being the one in this moment makes sense (sorry, Sharena).
  • Alfonse in our world! I did a double take at that part, but maybe it means the Order will have to save us from nightmares of our own? That'd be interesting.

Also, the notifications call this the "second half" of Book IV. Granted, it could just be 13 Chapters as normal, but I sure hope we're getting an extended Book this time! Heck, Book IV was already delayed, so maybe this is why - or they want a longer book to give them more time before Book V.

The Sharena/ Peony scene could just be symbolic of their friendship, but again it'd be interesting if they're connected in some way. On one hand, she could be a third sister (so there'd be one sister per realm) or maybe the potion she and the fairies drunk connected her to Peony in some way?

Either way, I'm looking forward to this very much and I wasn't expecting that (the "second half" part is probably what did it). I really hope they pull this off, but storywise Book III earned them a lot of good will from me, so fingers crossed that they maintain or exceed that standard. Oh, and that thumbnail captured a great smug look on Freyja's face. Good eye, whoever was in charge of that 😛

And finally: the music is quite possibly going to be the final boss theme (or at least the music of the boss map).

Edit: Just played through the chapter and...

Spoiler

It's all about Plumeria. Interesting stuff to have them land in her territory to begin with. Also, it was a cool moment for Anna to figure out what was going on and stay back, but it's probably down to her and Alfonse being more grounded than the others (literally, in the fairies' case). And anyone else think Sharena was cut off to avoid another bout of incest jokes? Too little too late, I assume, but still.

Sharena's definitely a changeling or could have been. Had it not been for the new trailer I would have thought there's be yet another new fairy looking just like her, but now it seems it was Peony. I think we'll end up with a fake-out in that regard though: i.e. Peony wanted to take Sharena's place, but loved her too much to replace her like that. Having said that, Anna didn't explain what happens to the replaced children, so it's possible they can become fairies if they stay in dreamland too long. Whoever called the changelings/ don't make fairies promises stuff: congrats!

We get Plumeria's backstory and...that's pretty messed up. Surprisingly mature stuff too, and considering her mother hated her for "keeping her from a man" it makes sense why she's the fairy of "Lewd Dreams". I wonder if this means Peony and Triandra used to be humans too (another point for the "Peony is actually Sharena" theory) and if so, what happened to them to give them their domains. If Freyja had lied to Plumeria that'd be one thing, but if she's telling the truth it really does paint her as someone who's trying to do what she deems right. Her art is also much more...normal that I was expecting. She looks older and much more "wholesome" than expected as a result. That's a pleasant surprise.

Of course, if she's lying about Plumeria's past instead, all of this goes out the window. Still, considering Plumeria's epithet I somehow doubt it.

Colour me impressed! Also, with how much hype this has been getting as "the halfway point" I really do think we're getting more than 13 Chapters. It only means we're getting two or three more than normal (i.e. for 15/ 16 total), but there's a lot you can do with just a little breathing room! If only they'd done this last year too...

Edit 2: Just saw the trailer again (that music really is amazing, especially with how it incorporates the Ljosalfheimr theme).

• Freyjr only gets angry at the beginning after Freyr turns to look at someone or something else. Considering she's angry enough to destroy her own Palace...yeah, that's a yandere, all right. Tharja fans rejoice, I guess?
Spoiler

Sharena's reflection morphing into Peony and the reveal that fairies only get their wings upon adulthood are two more hints that Sharena's a changeling. If so...maybe Triandra's the one Sharena had memories of playing with before? Her remembering the flowers' smell could mean all that happened in Dokkalfhemir OR that the two realms were one before Freyjr went insane. Or that the Dokkalfheimr aren't evil by nature. After all, some still call it home as Plumeria points out and maybe the moral of the story is that bad dreams/ experiences are necessary too?

Also, Freyr may have been turning away at the start of the trailer to stop this happening and Freyjr mistook it as him caring more for a random child than her.

...maybe I'm getting too swept up in the hype. I wonder if the trailer music was included in today's datamine. It's far too catchy!

Edited by DefyingFates