Book IV Official Speculation & Discussion Thread

DefyingFates

Huh. I think IS may have made a mistake (putting in the Japanese version of the trailer in the English Feh Channel, perhaps) and gave Peony some shorts under her...skirt... (Can it really be called a skirt?) There's a thumbnail I saw where she was wearing shorts underneath them, anyway.

Edited by Mercakete

• Replies 630
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, NoNameAtAll said:

image0.jpg

Yes Alfonse. He has the big sleep. Forever. >_>

Yes, I thought that was odd too... I thought maybe it would be something preventing him from passing on forever, stuck in an endless dream... maybe freeing him allows The souls to pass on to Valhalla? Or at least I was some version of heaven, considering Valhalla may not be that much better than Hell, if the prelude is any indication...

Edited by wheelsonfire

Anyone else notice that Peony notices Alfonse when he wakes up the second time but not the first? It's not time travel, but maybe Alfonse (and Sharena?) will be stuck in the dream version of a time loop? Also, that's Peony reaching out for him when he gets captured, right?

Edit:

Also, one of the new enemies' skills were partially revealed in the datamine too:

Spoiler

I've been wondering since this morning whether this means all the Elves are dancers or if Triandra being the exact opposite of Peony (she debuffs defenses with her weapon, debuffs stats with her dance (and inflicts Guard) and is called "Nightmare" where Peony buffs Atk/ Spd with her weapon, buffs her allies (and grants Guidance) and is called "Sweet Dream") is symbolism and the other Elves will be different.

Also, her description gives me serious Idunn vibes. If she's going to be Laegjarn 2.0, I just hope she fares better than the first one.

And to anyone upset that these are fairies and not elves:

Tl;dr version:

Spoiler

They're more or less the same thing, Tolkien just tricked us.

Edited by DefyingFates

One thing I find curious. Unless they're intending Triandra and Plumeria to be dual antagonists or something, this means it's the first time a book is debuting without knowing who the main antagonist is. Though if the trailer is any indication, I bet it'll be that shadowy figure that seemed to be attacking the Elf King or whoever it was.

While I don’t give a shit about the story, I’m just going to pop in here to point out that Adrift would’ve been a perfect banner to release during this book.

Though I suppose if they want to get me to care about this book at all, they could always bring smol Azura back in a bit part or something. Too bad that they won’t, though.

So, Kiran is the damsel-in-distress now. That's rather funny. 😄

A nice start I'd say. Not overly complicated to wrap your head around. Guess we now know who the guy we saw in the trailer is, and most likely our main antagonist name-dropped as well.

Lmao! I love that people started to theorize about Bruno's possible return and the fact that Gustav might be stuck in a dream instead of dead, and one day later it's revealed it was only Alfonse's dream.

I loooove that kind of mindf*ckery. And we entered a dream within a dream! That's some Inception sh*t!

I hope something like "oops, sorry chapters 6, 7 and 8 of this book where all a nightmare. That thing you didn't notice in chapter 5 was actually Triandra tricking you into falling asleep. Sorry, not sorry" happens. I really do.

This book had my interest with the Fairy world, but now it has my attention.

11 hours ago, Landmaster said:

Book IV >>>>>>>>

They went straight for my neck with this concept~

The story could be ass and I still won't care, we got Fairies~

pretty much. this will be my favourite book ever simply for the fact we've got fairies. and my goal is to ensure i have each and every single one of them. 

While I'm not entirely exited by going to fairy land I'm at least somewhat interested. 

The total mood shift from edgy zombies to cute fairies is probably a wise move. The threat level will likely be a bit lower but that might be a good thing. If they added a conventional villain then it would be the third time in a row that team Askr faces a conqueror bend on interdimentional domination. That would be a little silly. 

55 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

pretty much. this will be my favourite book ever simply for the fact we've got fairies. and my goal is to ensure i have each and every single one of them. 

Probably an unpopular opinion but I hope they aren't Mythics then - that way we actually have a chance of getting them xD

49 minutes ago, Etrurian emperor said:

While I'm not entirely exited by going to fairy land I'm at least somewhat interested. 

The total mood shift from edgy zombies to cute fairies is probably a wise move. The threat level will likely be a bit lower but that might be a good thing. If they added a conventional villain then it would be the third time in a row that team Askr faces a conqueror bend on interdimentional domination. That would be a little silly. 

Good point!

---

Also, the story's simple so far, but I think it has potential. I hope this is in fact Sharena's time to shine due to her childish nature. It'd actually be fitting for the thing people call her out on in the community to be what saves the day in the end. Also, Kiran's been kidnapped, huh? And the person in the trailer was a guy after all, phew!

I wonder what the thing Sharena and Alfonse forgot was. Peony's reaction means it was definitely important, but she seems so happy that they trust her that I can't imagine her being secretly evil. Her conversation with Triandra was also interesting in how neither even seemed able to comprehend the other's perspective. It also seems like they're the embodiments of good and bad dreams instead of simply granting them? That makes me wonder again if every fairy's going to be a dancer or just those two.

Speaking of, Triandra's voice lines make it seem like she enjoys what she does instead of the Camus archetype's usual remorseful fighting. Maybe she just needs more character development (like more conversations with Peony) or she isn't Laegjarn 2.0 as I first thought. We'll see.

Finally, I'm glad I wasn't the only one who thought of Inception at the end there. And whatever else happens, I'm glad we got something wholly unique here with the fairies. It makes me really excited to see how Fire Emblem might adapt other parts of the Norse mythos. Heck, maybe this means the mainline series will also get more experimentative?

11 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

Probably an unpopular opinion but I hope they aren't Mythics then - that way we actually have a chance of getting them xD

honestly, it wouldn't bother me either way. 

in one sense, if it's a mythic whatever, they'll always be around, and you can eventually get them and save up for them. if it's on a regular banner then it's a whole wad of "please don't break me other units i don't want" (basically my chant regardless of the banner). i was surprised that Peony was a mythic but i figure if you're the free unit you're gonna be 'useful" lol so there we are. 

I really want the Green Evil Fairy.

8 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

I really want the Green Evil Fairy.

Triandra? Same! As I said, I found her conversation with Peony to be interesting, but you know what they say about first impressions 😛

10 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

in one sense, if it's a mythic whatever, they'll always be around, and you can eventually get them and save up for them.

True, but on the other hand you're just going to get four of the units they share with and when you do get them they're just going to be -Atk anyway, so in that sense it might be better if they were on a regular banner~ The bolded part is a good counter-argument though.

2 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

Triandra? Same! As I said, I found her conversation with Peony to be interesting, but you know what they say about first impressions 😛

True, but on the other hand you're just going to get four of the units they share with and when you do get them they're just going to be -Atk anyway, so in that sense it might be better if they were on a regular banner~ The bolded part is a good counter-argument though.

I haven't played book two yet, i'll do that when i get home from work.  I just thought the fact that Triandra has an evil dance skill was amazing. (like an entire book dedicated to Fliers and apparently dancers? yeah. okay game. we're on it now). 

and yeah i mean there are pros and cons. (if they are mythics and one is green, you're fighting against Lyn/Gunnthra etc) where as you can get cool green stuff potentially.. All i know is. Any and all Faries are must pulls (I think). deff. Triandra. Dunno about the other Evil-y fairy.

2 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

and yeah i mean there are pros and cons. (if they are mythics and one is green, you're fighting against Lyn/Gunnthra etc) where as you can get cool green stuff potentially.. All i know is. Any and all Faries are must pulls (I think). deff. Triandra. Dunno about the other Evil-y fairy.

Lyn...oof. shudders

Judging by Book 3, we'll likely see Plumeria (the other fairy) in the next Chapter, or possible Chapter 4 if where the Askrians are up to now takes an entire Chapter to resolve. I didn't get a good first impression of her from the trailer, but again: first impressions can be deceiving!

19 hours ago, Mercakete said:

Huh. I think IS may have made a mistake (putting in the Japanese version of the trailer in the English Feh Channel, perhaps) and gave Peony some shorts under her...skirt... (Can it really be called a skirt?) There's a thumbnail I saw where she was wearing shorts underneath them, anyway.

I saw the trailer again last night and even in game it's the same Peony as ever. Do you remember where you saw that thumbnail by any chance?

On 12/5/2019 at 10:32 AM, Mercakete said:

Also, not too happy at the overload of female characters yet again. Peony, the fairy queen, plus the two new antagonists are all female... Not a new male character in sight... Plus, someone give Peony some shorts or something, please.

Actually, I'm pretty sure we do see A new male character. The, quite possibly, Elf King or Druid that looks like Sesshoumaru/Youko Kurama. A little effeminate, maybe, but pretty sure that's a guy.

1 hour ago, daisy jane said:

I haven't played book two yet, i'll do that when i get home from work.  I just thought the fact that Triandra has an evil dance skill was amazing. (like an entire book dedicated to Fliers and apparently dancers? yeah. okay game. we're on it now). 

Ooh! I killed her too quickly so I did not notice her Dance skill in the Story Maps, but that is pretty neat! This will probably be my favorite Book because DANCERS/SINGERS!!!

5 minutes ago, silverserpent said:

A little effeminate, maybe, but pretty sure that's a guy.

Husbandos are the new waifus!

45 minutes ago, XRay said:

Ooh! I killed her too quickly so I did not notice her Dance skill in the Story Maps, but that is pretty neat! This will probably be my favorite Book because DANCERS/SINGERS!!!

Husbandos are the new waifus!

Imho they should have limited the amount of Dancers per map on all modes to 1. It dumbs the game down.

Just now, Hilda said:

Imho they should have limited the amount of Dancers per map on all modes to 1. It dumbs the game down.

I guess it just takes getting used to. I think facing difficult teams in Aether Raids makes me a better player overall.

5 minutes ago, Hilda said:

how i use my dancers, they all see action as in they attack, or they defend etc. the way i see it, some people feel it dumbs the game down, some people like having support/dancers etc, and some people like having offensive dancers because it's fun seeing a dancer kick butt

not to mention if you feel it dumbs the game down. use one dancer. but i don't see why that should impact people who do like to use more than 1 dancer.  There are a lot of things i would like the game to change to cater to how i like/see things but i wouldn't want the game to actually do it because i know it would impact those who don't see the game as i do. 

1 minute ago, XRay said:

I guess it just takes getting used to. I think facing difficult teams in Aether Raids makes me a better player overall.

i've gotten used to not using dancers (or repo/drawback etc, but i like having the option)

not to mention refreshers are one of my favourite units in FE. i always take the time to make mine be all lethal because it's fun for me. 

Edited by daisy jane

26 minutes ago, XRay said:

I am not talking about AR

I mean in general. When I see 1 unit and 3 dancers stuff in on offense (not defense) in AR or in Abyssal map videos i just roll my eyes

@daisy janeI dont use any Dancers at all in Abyssal (or only 1 depending whicht Team i am running) maps and use 1-0 Dancers in AR.

Edited by Hilda