Mjölnir’s Strike General Thread

Diovani Bressan

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm using Galeforce units (Brave Roy and Cherche) with Savage blow for the offensive line and have nukes (CC vantage L!Leif, Dancing Ishtar and Brave Camilla) waiting at the wall. Every unit is paired with a high scoring unit (from my AA core). Testing my map foes never managed to cross the wall. 

Too bad that Arena/AA/AB scoring applies for this mode. It will limit me (once again) to reach top tiers. 

Any structure suggestions for an offensive setup like this? 

/Edit: 

I just saw that there are only 4 tiers and the top tier is 40% of all players, which should be doable for players with teams in arena tier 19-21. 

Edited by mampfoid

My Team is scoring 752 points... hm. Merged Mythics give quite a large boost to points. But the battle itself was a joke, i never even came close to loosing because everything was killed before the enemie even reached the middle of the screen.

So far I learned that pairing two GF units for the offensive role gives the same results as in Awakening (kill up to 3 units during PP). For the defensive rows having your Mythics paired with ranged nukes will let you kill every single enemy every turn.

Those who have +10 Mythics are going to get a huge advantage in the rankings, but I don't think they'll have a huge effect on the rankings because pulling for merges is a pain and a half.

What I still don't get is if one needs to use +10 heroes for every single slot. Like, does every single hero score count or are only the ones in the front that are needed to have max scoring while the ones in the back can use whatever skillset they please?

Just now, Alexmender said:

What I still don't get is if one needs to use +10 heroes for every single slot. Like, does every single hero score count or are only the ones in the front that are needed to have max scoring while the ones in the back can use whatever skillset they please?

Only the leading unit counts for scoring.

lNQkbJM.png

This is my team, for example. The 4 on the top have their Arena skillsets, while the 4 in the bottom have normal skills sets.

The highest scoring units will be mythics with merges, since a +10 Eir or Peony will count as +20 for scoring purposes. So a Yune will need to be +6 to score better than your +10 Arena core units. Since dark is a minor blessing it gives +5. 

Also, general advice, build only what you need and don’t recklessly upgrade structures for the sake of it.

GF units in the offensive is the best thing like others have said.  I have B!Roy with Cordelia in that position and they do great.  My defense units are: +10 Lukas with Naga, +10 Kaze with Sothis and +10 Ares with Eir.  My structures right now are: Muspell pyre, Life's jewel, Heroic banner and Askran seal.  So far no deaths on highest difficulty, but who knows once it get harder.

I am planning to use a Pain+ unit in the offensive, sand cause as much damage as possible, so my defensive units can defeat them easily. Saizo will be the leading unit for attack, so I can choose between Pain+ or Smoke dagger effect.

If I had a +10 Surtr:

45 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Only the leading unit counts for scoring.

lNQkbJM.png

This is my team, for example. The 4 on the top have their Arena skillsets, while the 4 in the bottom have normal skills sets.

Thanks! That makes the mode better, being forced to run a full +10 arena optimized team would've been a pain. 

I saw this season was Light/Dark and quickly changed my setup (thought it was Astra/Anima for some reason.) XD So glad I pulled Sothis on the last mythic banner and trained her up to 40!

If this mode is weekly, it will always be in the opposite season of AR. While AR is at Astra/Anima season, MS will be at Light/Dark season, which in my opinion is a good thing.

Despite being in the "events", I believe it will be weekly.

I saw Akariss talking about how important it is to merge Mythics now for scoring, especially in this game mode. Is that the case now? I just summoned a second Sothis last night just minutes before the banner ended and I was gonna save for fodder, but now I don't know. Should I merge into a +1, or should I wait until I have even more copies? 

Also, how are you guys trying this mode? I don't see it anywhere. Is there a way to force my game to update?

2 minutes ago, TEKWRX said:

I saw Akariss talking about how important it is to merge Mythics now for scoring, especially in this game mode. Is that the case now? I just summoned a second Sothis last night just minutes before the banner ended and I was gonna save for fodder, but now I don't know. Should I merge into a +1, or should I wait until I have even more copies? 

Also, how are you guys trying this mode? I don't see it anywhere. Is there a way to force my game to update?

In this more, Mythic Heroes will be considered merged allies. The Major Blessing will be +10, while the Minor Blessing will be +5. A +10 Eir, in a Major Light Season, will be considered a +20 unit. That's why merging Mythic Hero will be considered important. Not sure if +1 will make a huge difference.

The update is available in your store (goople play, for example), which is Version 4.0

You can only  test your defense for now, by going: Events > Mjölnir's Strike > Edit Shield Map > Help & Extras > Test Defenses. You can even check how much you will score there. The real action starts on Dec 8th.

I was excited for this mode after looking at it some more... until I saw that it has Arena scoring.

Galeforce units are good assuming they have Duel skills. I personally am going with Aversa for near-global debuffs for red lane since I don't have Galeforce units with Duel skills and my Aversa has R Duel Flying.

Edited by Roflolxp54

Using my arena core of Surtr+Effie+Nino plus my old galeforce Eliwood to be the main attacker. Nino (with LAzura support) cleans up anything Eliwood doesn't kill.

Sadly only 748 score right now, might bump up to 750 with Peony.
Not taking the silly bait of spending resources on merging up Mythics for a new mode.

Spoiler

unknown.png

2 hours ago, Roflolxp54 said:

Galeforce units are good assuming they have Duel skills. I personally am going with Aversa for near-global debuffs for red lane since I don't have Galeforce units with Duel skills and my Aversa has R Duel Flying.

Only the higher scoring unit of each pair is considered for the overall score.

Screenshot_20191205-125251.png

I just deployed four units I found fitting and paired them with my arena/AA core. The result is pretty much the lower border of my AA range (744). 

4 hours ago, TEKWRX said:

For AR, you want 2 Sothis copies for your AR Defense to minimize Lift Loss, so I wouldn't merge any Mythics for this mode until you have more than 2 copies.

Team I am going with this round is LEphraim/Nino up top to Galeforce, and the other pairs are Nowi/Smolzura, Fae/Witch Nowi, Nah/Maria. Even balance of range and melee units, and I like that at least half of the team doesn't need to be high scorers.  Also like that there's no team swapping like Relay Defense, and all four mythics are rotated unlike AR giving dark and anima the shaft, I'll enjoy using Yune and Sothis on Dark week when they get max buffs.

Just found out that you can restart the trial defence until you get a good song to play in the background lol.

And apparently Twilight of the Gods and FE7’s final map theme can be played.

I am satisfied with this mode.

This mode is lame.  There I said it.

That said, my +Atk 10+ Male Morgan does the chipping with double savage blow and debuffs enemies every turn he attacks, Fellkut and Grima do their distant counter thing with Rolf taking damage to be in desperation range without seeing combat and Eir drags around +HP 10+ Chrom for convenience and occasional panic debuffs.

Not sold on the team but we at least managed to keep things at bay.