Mjölnir’s Strike General Thread

Diovani Bressan

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just noticed that the blocked out Mechanism in the Feh Channel was the Dökkálfar Briar, jsut to not spoiler the Book IV theme. lol

Speaking of Mechanist, I kinda liked that the player is the one that triggers it, and not based in the turn number, for example, or that it heals your units when you don't want them to be healed.

2 hours ago, Diovani Bressan said:

I just noticed that the blocked out Mechanism in the Feh Channel was the Dökkálfar Briar, jsut to not spoiler the Book IV theme. lol

Yeah, which they then revealed a few minutes later with the Book IV trailer and all that. Seems kind of pointless in my opinion.

8 hours ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Speaking of Mechanist, I kinda liked that the player is the one that triggers it, and not based in the turn number, for example, or that it heals your units when you don't want them to be healed.

it makes sense in a PVE contest for the players to control them. In AR/PVP it makes sense that they go off by turn number, because the defendend doesnt have control over his defense structures either.

13 hours ago, Super Endriu said:

I am a little disappointed to see mythic heroes get a boost here; another p2w mechanic.

This is why I said this was going to be lame- I only have Eir and that stupid light fairy and Duma of the mythic heroes because my summoning luck is non existent 😕 I hate pay to win content.

I also have this show case of my defense team:

Morgan does double savage blow 3 and debuffs while everyone else just picks off the stragglers.  I don't know how well we'll manage when the time comes, but hopefully it'll work.  If not then I guess this mode is a waste of time just like Arena etc.

This is silly. I can just build a wall of buildings and armors and then switch to a ranged nuke on player phase to blow things up. (EDIT: Gave Surtr Obstruct. This is now even more silly.)

XGKEkv4.png

Currently fiddling with the team for scoring and whatnot, but I get 758 right now.

As is par for the course for this game's shitty UI, they don't bother to tell you your score range on the team creation page and force you exit out and go through the menu to the mock battle screen before you can see your score. (EDIT: Okay, fine. To their credit you can change the season on the mock battle screen.)

Well, at least we can now change skill sets from the status screen, so that's a start. You know, only a few years too late on the uptake.

Edited by Ice Dragon

That was easy...So you just need to do 1 battle and that's it until the next phase starts.

My max score is 746, which isn't all that high but I don't have super scoring units considering I've been in perma tier 20.5 since tier 21 was introduced. 

Trivialized the map with Surtr/+10 Chrom in offense and Matthew defending on the left with Altina on the right.

Score was on the lower end at 730 but my units were built for performance rather than scoring. If I do my usual stuff with everyone having Aether and whatnot (Matthew/Nino/Lukas/Chrom) then I'll probably be in the lower 740s or so.

All in all the mode is relatively painless right now, will it stay that way? I doubt it, but let's see what the future holds.

Edited by Zeo

I must be missing something about how the scoring works... I'm using +10 copies of four of the highest rating units in the game (Halloween Hector, Legenday Tiki, Holloween Myrrh, and Surtr) all with top scoring skills like Galeforce/Aether and Rally+ skills, and I only got a score of 752. The top players at the moment have scores of 784... WTF! How is that even possible?! XD

9 minutes ago, Namero said:

I must be missing something about how the scoring works... I'm using +10 copies of four of the highest rating units in the game (Halloween Hector, Legenday Tiki, Holloween Myrrh, and Surtr) all with top scoring skills like Galeforce/Aether and Rally+ skills, and I only got a score of 752. The top players at the moment have scores of 784... WTF! How is that even possible?! XD

Mythic Heroes of the Major Blessing are considered +10 units... So a +10 Eir will be considered a +20 unit. That's why that high score.

1 hour ago, Lemmy said:

I didn’t even feel pressured to activate the buildings.

That might change once the player's tier go higher. I suspect enemies will maybe reach Abyssal level of stats, but if the developers really want to be assholes, they can bring back Relay Defense stats.

I do not think it is a good idea to build any Mechanisms outside of the bonus one until we see what enemies are like later in higher tiers. Life's Jewel, Emblian Seal, Heroic Banner, and Askran Seal seems to be the most useful for stalling in case we need to rely on that strategy later.

26 minutes ago, XRay said:

That might change once the player's tier go higher. I suspect enemies will maybe reach Abyssal level of stats, but if the developers really want to be assholes, they can bring back Relay Defense stats.

Yep. Relay Defense stats for foes will be something! I am using Saizo + Pain+ Nanna as my attacking unit, so I can decide if I want to debuff+panic foes or inflict extra damage with Pain+ Double Savage Blow.

So I believe this strategy will work in case we get enemies like those in Relay Defense.

Edited by Diovani Bressan

I actually think that this is the first mode which could make obstruct fun to use as a player.  So far I liked using Kronya on this one as the Frontliner. She does the job as ever. Just have to see how the difficulty will rise. 

Edited by Stroud

Only tried once earlier today, got 740 which seems to rank decently for now. Legendary Leif and Galeforce Palla in the front line removed most enemies before they could do anything. I didn't realize that the paired up units didn't count for scoring though, I'll try changing some things and see if I can get a better score. I haven't built anything exept the bonus structure yet, is there any concencus on which structures are good to invest in?

2 minutes ago, Rinco said:

So, how does the attack phase works? How is the best way to use the attacking stuff (arrows, I guess?)? Anyone got how that part of the mode works?

This is the part I am still confused about. The Brace and Shield part were easy to understand, but the Counter Phase I still need to see it in action.

It seems the units you have in the back of your Pair Up can affect your score in terms of the bonus stats they grant to the unit in front. I just changed around who was paired with who and my score dropped from 742 to 740. It went back to 742 once I returned the pairs to how they were before.

EDIT: Never mind, I just understood that the unit that scores the highest of the pair is the one that counts. Do the usual bonus stats granted from Pair Up still apply in this mode though? Or is it only the bonuses from the slot they're in and the bonus structure stats?

Edited by BoaFerox

I see people with out of combat damage strats and using armors to wall everything and all this other nonsense...

Fools. All of you, fools!

The REAL cheese is double galeforce on the top! If you have units powerful enough, you can defeat 3 things in one turn (or 4 with a well placed dance). 

Soy originally told me the strategy. I can do it myself, I just need to summon another Cordelia to run it double, as I only have 1 right now ~

MUAHAHAHAJAHAHAAHAUWJWOZJ9WBZJKWJWOSJSOSNS

Spoiler

I know some people know this already, I just wanted to talk about how ridiculous it is

Edited by Arcanite

9 hours ago, XRay said:

I do not think it is a good idea to build any Mechanisms outside of the bonus one until we see what enemies are like later in higher tiers. Life's Jewel, Emblian Seal, Heroic Banner, and Askran Seal seems to be the most useful for stalling in case we need to rely on that strategy later.

I'm guessing like Aether Raids, all the different structures will be bonus structures sometimes, so all the first levels will probably be useful in the long run.