Mjölnir’s Strike General Thread

Diovani Bressan

12 hours ago, Humanoid said:

I'm not greedy, I'll take that amount in cents.

That is still $180 quadrillion dollars. The total GDP for the entire world is only like $87 trillion dollars. You will still be over 2,000 times richer than the whole world combined. At that scale, I am not sure if there is much of a difference between being 200,000 and 2,000 times richer than the world.

13 hours ago, Humanoid said:

Of course I forgot to actually play, so I get a zero amount of feathers no matter what units I count them in.

Yeah, I find the lack of schedule and the extremely limited time frame a bit annoying. I forgot to play it once cause I forgot to log in to Heroes that one day.

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

I forgot to fire off the cannons at the last minute and lost 2400 feathers as a result. I knew I should have fired off one cannon in the beginning but got cocky and thought I could just wait until the 11th hour to prevent Lyon from winning. 

8 hours ago, Icelerate said:

I forgot to fire off the cannons at the last minute and lost 2400 feathers as a result. I knew I should have fired off one cannon in the beginning but got cocky and thought I could just wait until the 11th hour to prevent Lyon from winning. 

Oh, is that how it works? You lose the feathers if you don't fire the cannon?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Another mode that I used to do well in consistently and now I can't. I even tried strats that were suggested to me and they didn't help. I'm getting tired of stuff in this game being made needlessly harder. It was fine before!

On 5/11/2020 at 4:22 PM, Diovani Bressan said:

I was able to reach Tier 21 this time. It's nice.

vzuYvFa.png

Well done! It's nice to get top rankings isn't it ^^

On 7/18/2020 at 1:28 PM, Anacybele said:

Another mode that I used to do well in consistently and now I can't. I even tried strats that were suggested to me and they didn't help. I'm getting tired of stuff in this game being made needlessly harder. It was fine before!

I just quickly whipped this up after I had done my run already:

Blazing nuke + Bold fighter (or something else that can trigger galeforce easily like Edelgard) is such a braindead combo. The fact that Chrom even got past Kronya was a mistake on my part. Usually units never get past the line. You can just copy the build crony has and slap it on anyone who is built for you. I know you have a Klein at +10, he should be able to easily do this. Kronya is killing stuff with ease even though she has close counter, which never sees any use since the enemy won't target her. They never target the front unit. So Swift sparrow would be even better, or Death blow etc. It's just laziness from me since she uses CC in AR and I can win without needing to change it.

On 7/18/2020 at 3:10 PM, Diovani Bressan said:

This time was easier than before, since the foes were not that bad. Even Nowi was able to tank some of the Falchion users.

It was spectacularly easy this time. No Fallen Ike or so, Awakening does not feature the most threatening units to be completely fair.

Edited by Vicious Sal

2 hours ago, Vicious Sal said:

Blazing nuke + Bold fighter (or something else that can trigger galeforce easily like Edelgard) is such a braindead combo. The fact that Chrom even got past Kronya was a mistake on my part. Usually units never get past the line. You can just copy the build crony has and slap it on anyone who is built for you. I know you have a Klein at +10, he should be able to easily do this. Kronya is killing stuff with ease even though she has close counter, which never sees any use since the enemy won't target her. They never target the front unit. So Swift sparrow would be even better, or Death blow etc. It's just laziness from me since she uses CC in AR and I can win without needing to change it.

I see, that could work. Problem is, it isn't easy to come by Close Counter or Special Spiral fodder...

3 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I see, that could work. Problem is, it isn't easy to come by Close Counter or Special Spiral fodder...

Please actually read what i am saying, in my post I literally explain that Close counter is a wasted skill on Kronya for this mode. It’s right there in my post, please read carefully what others are saying.

Special spiral is in the Compile section. It is available without the use of orbs. 

8 minutes ago, Vicious Sal said:

Please actually read what i am saying, in my post I literally explain that Close counter is a wasted skill on Kronya for this mode. It’s right there in my post, please read carefully what others are saying.

Special spiral is in the Compile section. It is available without the use of orbs. 

Whoa, okay, sorry... I didn't know.

6 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Whoa, okay, sorry... I didn't know.

It's not so much a case of not knowing. It's about taking in information and doing so without making mistakes. If you happened to have CC and Special Spiral lying around and immediately thought to give it to (for example) Klein, because you thought that as what I recommended; you'd be quite upset because you'd have wasted valuable fodder in the form of CC even though it wasn't necessary. It's less a case of not knowing, and more a case of understanding what the advice given to you is conveying, so as not to make mistakes which could cause frustration later on.  It's rather similar to the whole M!Corrin thing, where you got frustrated because you didn't carefully read what everyone was telling you about why Corrin is such a good support unit and then regretted your investment because you were using him without ally support. 

Regarding not knowing about Special Spiral being a combat manual that can be compiled, fair enough, I guess one could not know that. 

In any case, the skills that are important are Special Spiral, a blazing special, though Blazing wind is preferred because of it's shape, flashing blade (A or Seal) and an upgraded Nifl Icicle is also good. Slaying weapons or a Brave weapon Like Klein's are useful since they have guaranteed follow ups or lower special cooldown. It is all about getting that Blazing special off every turn, twice if possible with your dancer in the back. 

Units like Bridal Nailah (Special cooldown - 1 and special spiral 1 on her weapon), Ares (Special spiral on weapon, also 4* rarity unit), Ophelia, Igrene and such are good spammers of Blazing Specials. With Blazing wind spam you just bring all enemies to 1 Hp before they get a chance to even move. that's the whole idea behind it. Ranged Colourless units are the most useful since they have better positional options and no colour weakness. 

13 minutes ago, Vicious Sal said:

It's not so much a case of not knowing. It's about taking in information and doing so without making mistakes. If you happened to have CC and Special Spiral lying around and immediately thought to give it to (for example) Klein, because you thought that as what I recommended; you'd be quite upset because you'd have wasted valuable fodder in the form of CC even though it wasn't necessary. It's less a case of not knowing, and more a case of understanding what the advice given to you is conveying, so as not to make mistakes which could cause frustration later on.  It's rather similar to the whole M!Corrin thing, where you got frustrated because you didn't carefully read what everyone was telling you about why Corrin is such a good support unit and then regretted your investment because you were using him without ally support. 

Regarding not knowing about Special Spiral being a combat manual that can be compiled, fair enough, I guess one could not know that. 

In any case, the skills that are important are Special Spiral, a blazing special, though Blazing wind is preferred because of it's shape, flashing blade (A or Seal) and an upgraded Nifl Icicle is also good. Slaying weapons or a Brave weapon Like Klein's are useful since they have guaranteed follow ups or lower special cooldown. It is all about getting that Blazing special off every turn, twice if possible with your dancer in the back. 

Units like Bridal Nailah (Special cooldown - 1 and special spiral 1 on her weapon), Ares (Special spiral on weapon, also 4* rarity unit), Ophelia, Igrene and such are good spammers of Blazing Specials. With Blazing wind spam you just bring all enemies to 1 Hp before they get a chance to even move. that's the whole idea behind it. Ranged Colourless units are the most useful since they have better positional options and no colour weakness. 

Okay fair enough.

And I see. Thanks for the ideas. I only have Igrene out of the units you mention though. Technically I have Ares as well, but he isn't even 5 star right now, let alone built.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I've managed to do wonderfully so far thanks to my team, but I'm not sure how long it's going to last.

Team 1 is Summer!Elise doing Blazing Wind Spam, and Finn doing Galeforce Spam
Team 2 is Brave!Ike and Selena with Aether Tank builds
Team 3 is Default!Lissa as a Ranged Tank, and Peony as a Dancer (while also applying her Mystic Boost to everyone during her season)
Team 4 is Brave!Edelgard and Brave!Lucina acting as "goalies", intercepting anyone that manages to get past the first three teams

The thing is, eventually the enemies will have high enough stats that Summer!Elise just won't be able to perform optimally anymore. I managed to get a couple 4-Star Default!Ilyanas from the new banner, but other than that there isn't anyone else I have that can do a Blazing Wind Spam build as well as she does. I'd be incredibly fortunate if I could ever manage to summon Legendary!Celica, but that's like a pipe dream right now.

Another thing is, I've also been challenging myself by only using 3 buildings the entire time MS has been up (using a 4th gets in the way of dancing for Team 1). Right now I have Life's Jewel and Deluge Fountain at level 3, and Muspell Pyre at level 4, and I plan to keep up this challenge at least until I get Life's Jewel to level 4.

Something funny...I've never actually had to use my buildings, though I've been tempted many times. And this is on Advanced. I know I'll eventually be forced to use them, and it's at that moment that I'll really fear for Summer!Elise's chances.

Does anyone know any good ways I can prepare for the eventuality of Summer!Elise no longer being useful? Does anyone have any good ideas on what build I should switch to, or what other units I should replace her with?

Edited by MilodicMellodi

10 hours ago, MilodicMellodi said:

Does anyone know any good ways I can prepare for the eventuality of Summer!Elise no longer being useful? Does anyone have any good ideas on what build I should switch to, or what other units I should replace her with?

I would not use regular mages for Blazing spam, as they lack the punch of exclusive Slaying and Blade tomes. Regular Slaying tomes do not exist, and regular Blade tomes has issues with spamming Blazing Specials.

If you want to use NS!Elise as a Blazing nuke anyways, I recommend the following build:
+Atk
Madness Flask [Atk]
(Any Assist)
Blazing Wind
Life and Death
Special Spiral
Savage Blow
Heavy Blade

If you do not mind replacing her, I highly recommend using a proper Blazing nuke with a Slaying Weapon.

I personally run double Galeforce for my Atk role.

10 hours ago, MilodicMellodi said:

intercepting anyone that manages to get past the first three teams

In terms of strategy, I would not bother with running multiple layers of defense. It is best to concentrate your forces up front and kill enemies while they are still in the red zone rather than letting them come close to the Gateways.

For your non Atk roles, I do not recommend pairing units that specializes in the same phase with each other. One unit in a role should handle player phase while the other should handle enemy phase. This way, you get to maximize damage output on both phases instead of having a role sit around doing nothing on one of the phases.

For which ever role that has a Dancer/Singer, I recommend pairing a dual phase Galeforcer with it if possible, although it is not necessary as long as the other two non Atk roles can take out enemies fast enough.

30 minutes ago, XRay said:

If you want to use NS!Elise as a Blazing nuke anyways, I recommend the following build:
+Atk
Madness Flask [Atk]
(Any Assist)
Blazing Wind
Life and Death
Special Spiral
Savage Blow
Heavy Blade

The only different ones I've been running are Green Gift+ (+Atk) as the weapon and Odd Atk Wave 3 as the C. Though now that I think about it...Savage Blow definitely would be better in the long run. Sadly, I don't have a Halloween!L'Arachel to fodder for Madness Flask+, so I'll have to go without that.

35 minutes ago, XRay said:

I would not use regular mages for Blazing spam, as they lack the punch of exclusive Slaying and Blade tomes. Regular Slaying tomes do not exist, and regular Blade tomes has issues with spamming Blazing Specials.

If you do not mind replacing her, I highly recommend using a proper Blazing nuke with a Slaying Weapon.

I personally run double Galeforce for my Atk role.

Sadly, I don't have Default!Lysithea or any other mages with a cooldown shortener.

I do have a Brave!Roy Forma with Fury 4, though I have yet to change his IVs.

42 minutes ago, XRay said:

In terms of strategy, I would not bother with running multiple layers of defense. It is best to concentrate your forces up front and kill enemies while they are still in the red zone rather than letting them come close to the Gateways.

For your non Atk roles, I do not recommend pairing units that specializes in the same phase with each other. One unit in a role should handle player phase while the other should handle enemy phase. This way, you get to maximize damage output on both phases instead of having a role sit around doing nothing on one of the phases.

For which ever role that has a Dancer/Singer, I recommend pairing a dual phase Galeforcer with it if possible, although it is not necessary as long as the other two non Atk roles can take out enemies fast enough.

Default!Lissa's actually doing quite fine as an enemy phase unit. Being that she's in Team 3, and she's +10+10 with Fort. Def/Res 3 and Fortress Res 3, she has 52/50 Def/Res (and she has Wrathful Pain+ and Savage Bow for chip damage, and Restore+ and Live to Serve 3 for healing). I could go with Physic+, but the penalty/status effect nullification of Restore+ feels better right now.

I took your ideas into consideration and decided to put Brave!Lucina into +Spd instead as a Galeforce unit (but using Slaying Lance and Time's Pulse rather than Brave Lance). Then I ended up taking a much closer look through my barracks again, and realized I have a Fallen!Julia that could do a better job at a Blazing Wind Spam build than Summer!Elise thanks to her guaranteed follow-up. At this point, all I have to do is wait until I get more Special Spiral fodder and Fallen!Julia can take Summer!Elise's place. For now, though, I put Fallen!Julia in the now empty spot in Team 4.

4 hours ago, MilodicMellodi said:

Sadly, I don't have Default!Lysithea or any other mages with a cooldown shortener.

I do have a Brave!Roy Forma with Fury 4, though I have yet to change his IVs.

Does not have to be a mage. Blazing archers work too. And since enemies are not going to target the Atk role, you can use melee Blazing nukes too. Anyone with a Slaying Weapon can work in this scenario, although preferably an exclusive Slaying Weapon for more oomph and power.

4 hours ago, MilodicMellodi said:

I have a Fallen!Julia that could do a better job at a Blazing Wind Spam build than Summer!Elise thanks to her guaranteed follow-up. At this point, all I have to do is wait until I get more Special Spiral fodder and Fallen!Julia can take Summer!Elise's place. For now, though, I put Fallen!Julia in the now empty spot in Team 4.

The only issue with a unit a not running a Slaying Weapon is that they take up Heavy Blade Sacred Seal, and I generally prefer to save Heavy Blade for the Galeforcer.

If you are using BH!Roy, Eliwood, or units that comes with their own Heavy Blade effect, then that is less of an issue and you can just put Heavy Blade on whoever you want.

Edited by XRay

• 4 months later...

My team currently says 816, which I think is what it used to have.

The new Summoner-focused structures look neat. I had a bunch of gems saved up, so I built all of them. Currently deploying the damage, movement, and dance ones. Might bring in the healing one at some point too, but I feel like the existing heal structure covers that pretty well for now. Maybe once I upgrade the others and get enough gems to start building up that one.