Glory to Thracia: Let's Play Fire Emblem Thracia 776 - Everyone will be recruited (completed)

MisterIceTeaPeach

Fire Emblem 5 is one of my absolute favorite parts from this series.

Unfortunately I could have not enjoyed the story yet for playing with rubbish translation.

With this translation patch the localisation issue is solved...... at least it should be.

I have not used this patch yet, so I am very excited to try this one out.

Anyways this playthrough will not be any special except I will recruit as many units as possible.

That said not everyone can be recruited since a few units are exclusive depending on which route was picked.

If you want to suggest me the route, then leave it in the comments.

On the picked route I will recruit everyone (not re-recruitments).

Also I will explain this game, mainly to intodruce people into this game who have not played this game but are interested in it.

It can be boring, but a screenshot says a thousand word anyways.

I will start upcoming weekend as I will update on every weekend for now simply because of restricted freetime during the week.

Edited by Reisalin Stout

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That sounds like a fun playthrough. The Fort Norden route is more liked in general, however if you want to recruit everyone, there's a guy over there who can only be recruited if another specific is already dead. Don't let Olwen die for him. If you want to recruit Xavier, you better prepare your sanity too.

That reminds me that I should probably continue my own LP, too. I just don't really have time for it at the moment.

Have fun with the game! I'll definitely check in here every now and again, because while it beat me, I still find Thracia very interesting, mechanics-wise.

5 minutes ago, Zihark11 said:

will this be a streamed lets play or uploaded to youtube? id be interested in watching. 

It seems like just a screenshot LP in here.

I'm excited to see the LP, since Thraccia 776 is cool but this may also be useful tips for when I play the game.

Chapter 1 part 1

Spoiler

Introduction

rfvQOhd.png
8Up6abv.png
rCuUXyg.png
fEgelW9.png
IEBhddh.png
NNOKgQ8.png
yhNqryf.png
TFdVNSB.png

vyFGbKf.png

TnzLsKu.png
Welcome to my LP of Fire Emblem Thracia 776!
It is the fifth part of this series and more or less the sequel to FE4. FE5 it is for lots ot people the most controversial part in the series (for a good reason). My target is on the one hand to finally understand the entire content by playing this translation patch and on the other hand to introduce people into this game who are interested in this game but dared to try out. I can say so much for now FE5 is a very unique FE game in lots of things, but I will tell one thing by another.

Map Commentary

FuK6vi5.png
bDGIS4N.png
akO1rFU.png
pzpldmx.png
YpCg6FM.png
4t7lPrU.png
phWgudN.png
IksAHET.png
uY90lLQ.png
ZPe4Wl3.png
qkSxsl4.png
tjOJS74.png
ySACdte.png
Bsc4m42.png

RDuON8V.png

HxSSoCM.png
talks among douchebags

Left guy: You've been too gentle with these villangers, give them ample motivation to talk.

Right guy: We are of the same mind, milord. I've already ordered the men to do as much. Yet the townsfolk claim the prince isn't here. According to them, he left with the Freeblades to fend off a pirate laid on a nearby village.

L: Freeblades? What nonsense is that?

R: They're the local milita, sire. As I understand it, this village was once home to a group of brigands, rather savage ones, at that. About a decade ago, they were routed by Eyvel, a wandering sellsword. She claimed the village as her own and founded the Freeblades to protect the region from future attacks. She's supposedly quite a wonder with a sword...

L: Hmm, she may be a problem.

R: You have nothing to fear, milord: We've taken Eyvel's daughter captive. What's more, we also captured of Finn's, the very knight guarding the prince's life. With the leverage we have over them, they'll have no choice but to surrender.

L: Hmph, I admit, you have your uses, Weismann. The women will accompany me back to Manster. You'll remain here and prepare for when these upstart rebels return.

Weismann: Your trust in me is well placed, sire.

xm6bXgR.png
n7yhtot.png
gYbBRAK.png
He takes both girls at once.

mZrfzub.png
NtbRLuD.png
Making a quick overview of current situation.

s8vAc6U.png
xcvO58k.png
koNINuW.png
kCvZQ9x.png
qfB5u4E.png
G41SuFX.png

dY6GGse.png
Alright, the game begins. I summarize the plot shortly:

Finn's and Eyvel's daughter got captured and are takes to Manster right now. Finn's daughter Nanna is Leif's childhood friend and of course he wants to help freeing her. In general if you think that kidnapping teenagers is brutal, then you have seen just the tip of the iceberg. Thracia 776 is a very dark game, probably the darkest in the series.

Before I will start with the gameplay, I will give a few "customer information":
Do not come up with the idea of playing this game blind. This game is not beginnerfriendly at all because it has specific as unique mechanics which can screw the player fast and massive, if the play is not aware of them. Furthermore lots of recruitments, objects and sidequests are impossible to get, if you do not use a guide. I have completed the game twice, but I will use a guide to get the relevant stuff. Also in this run I will recruit all possible characters in this game. This game features the hardest recruitment in the entire series, so it is easier said than done.

Before I analyze the units I will explain the menu a bit.

e3A7BLp.png
The first unique feature is that the resistance stat does not exist. Resistance is equal to magic stat. Means in this case, Leif with zero magic also has zero resistance. 

Then you see the con stat. Con affects the attack speed, being the buffer for the weapon weight, similiar to the GBA series with the main difference it is a gainable stat. Each unit has a growth in constitution. Of course stronger classes like fighters and armor knights have a higher con growth than clerics and mages.
Con also affects the capture function. I will explain capturing on a practical example later on.

J5RhKKo.png
You see leadership stars. Leadership stars are basically the same as authority stars from FE10. Each leadership star gives +3% hit / evasion. Each unit who belongs to an unit with leadership stars also benefit from them. 

Then you see movement stars. The amount of movement stars will affect the rate of moving again in one turn. Each movement star gives the chance of 5% of moving again in a turn. 
Speaking of movement: A movement growth exists. It is only 5% at best, but it is possible to gain movement in a level up. It is not shown in the level up, but after that in an information box.

ehstvwn.png
Personal skills exist. Some units have one or more. It is not new, but it is new that (obtained) skill scrolls can be given to any unit. However if you gave a skill to someone, you cannot remove it anymore without losing this scroll permanently (= FE9).

Unit Overview

Leif
e3A7BLp.png
Leif is the lord of the game. If he should die at any time, then congratulations, you may redo this chapter. His bases looks kinda crappy. 

hnDvK6X.png
t9ui377.png
He comes with an iron sword and his Light Brand, his personal weapon. The Light Brand gives +10 luck, but it also is a range sword which attacks the magic stat of the opponent. Unfortunately it is so heave that is turns Leif's AS down to nothing. His Light Brand can also fully heal him at cost of one use.

ehstvwn.png
He has adept. The activation rate is based on attack speed, means the weapon weight is included. If Leif has the Light Brand equipped, he has no chance for a second attack because his attack speed is zero.

Finn
Knkb6JT.png
Finn's stats look way better than Leif's, although he is six levels higher than him. He is pretty much a panic button.

XNIfIyy.png
His Brave Lance (personal weapon) is pretty much an overkill, excellent for capturing. It also gives +10 luck.

FetUJ8k.png
Whenever he is low on HP, he gets a massive evasion. If he has the Brave Lance equipped, he has +30% evasion automatically. Excellent skill!

Eyvel
SUBrLyI.png
Eyvel is a similar overkill unit as Finn, only with the difference being promoted already. I can say already: Do not give any experience to her and take all her weapons off (preferred to Leif) because her availibility is very low in this game.

w23oZqB.png
JSYQn0R.png
She also has range sword which attacks the magic stat.

nCEgAgX.png
And she has adept like Leif.

Mycu9lB.png
She has one leadership star (+3% hit / evasion) and two movement stars, so a higher chance to move again in a turn.

Orsin
lM3COlE.png

Orsin is a fighter with balanced stats. His strength might look kinda low at first sight. 

naf6hzW.png
He has no special weapon (yet).

dw9fKOV.png
Z8UiT6B.png
Whenever an enemy hits him, he will crit back, if he hits. This is just an amazing skill, especially if he has stronger weapons. Pretty much each enemy dies to him.

Halvan
lYbBchb.png
Halvan is also a fighter, more the tradtional one with having higher strength and lower speed.

B9kvnBe.png
VJnr265.png
He has FE9 vantage. Unforuntately it cannot be combind with wrath. Would be too OP otherwise.

Map
qqfzkEf.png5IicE7k.png?1
yF9XGGb.png?13rN5eks.png?1

Enemies
uDKwelk.pngnUBTHLt.png

The generics are pretty weak. Short weapons are basically slim weapons.

7KI1ct8.pngmkZ0Hlo.png37iqIPC.png
Weismann is a sword armor. Armors are divided in each physical weapon type: axe, lance, sword, bow 
He has a long sword which is not effective to cavalry.

Let's begin with the action!

fpdP8Qs.png
Orsin has to go to this village at bottom of the map.

Tqsqx3F.pngzJzsFr8.png
Leif will bait the first enemy and takes all of Eyvel's stuff.

9YljwAy.png
Battle animation is similar to FE4, but crits, especially by Leif, look way better.

Now, time for my absolute favorite thing of FE5, no, of the entire Fire Emblem series: capturing

1. Mounted enemies cannot be captured. The captor must be mounted or have at least one more con than the enemy.
  2. dZW6bCS.png You have to click on capture command. oJGu9gG.pngYou have to give the final blow to an enemy. Be careful: Whenever you want to capture each stat of the captor is halved, so keep it in mind for the damage calculation.
  3. XeUlVun.png The captured unit is shown with a red icon. VLTs2rq.png The stats of the captor are halved. It is like carrying a rescued unit.
  4. rv9YHQh.png Any unit being mounted or having at least one more con than the enemy can release the captured enemy. First click on trade to take all the goodies. eT7sBGs.png
  5. rv9YHQh.png Then click on transfer to carry over the enemy.
  6. MngzRoJ.png Finally release. The enemy vanishes.

This is how capturing works!

Keep in mind: If you capture an enemy, they are not instantly dead (having one HP left). They are only dead, if you take all their equipment and release. If the enemy has an usable weapon left and is releases, it still can fight.

Of course the enemy can capture you too, but I will show it later.

BTW you can trade infinite times to every person one space next to the ally before the action. It is flexible and saves turns and time to have everyone equipped appropirate. Infinite trading just came back in Three Houses.

0oTEQ0J.png
80bZeLe.png
oWisohN.png
More people

Tanya
s5TS0AR.png
RdPsMtt.png
mCQrbMO.png
Tanya is an archer with low strength but high speed. Unfortunately she has neither a personal weapon, nor a personal skill. If you are looking for a good archer, then I would not even lie, then you have found one, because she basically does the job best. Yeah, FE5 does not have the best archers...

Marty
Wvq0zWy.png
E0nopGS.png
ISp2K2J.png
I think everyone has heared about the meme himself, Marty, yet. If you look at his bases, you can think why. As hilariously bad his base skill and speed are, they do not matter at all. He is prefect for capturing and since his has no skill and speed, he would lose absolutely nothing. Seriously he is a very decent as fun unit to use.

Dagda
IEsei7B.png
oRQJI5p.png
KhVSEC5.png
Dagda, Tanya's dad, is also promoted already. He is a bascially a better Orsin and Halvan for now. 

BXrofYE.pngPvcr9ef.png
Accost doubles the combat, but only if Dagdar's current HP is greater than the enemy's current HP, and Dagdar's Attack Speed is greater than the enemy's Attack Speed. This is a very dangerous skill, especially when Dadga is unable to counterattack. They can attack him twice for free. 

Edited by Zemuria

Chapter 1 part 2

Spoiler

tua1zkc.png
Any mounted unit can dismount at any time. In indoor chapters (= buildings) they are automatically dismounted. Keep in mind that they might lose the capture ability.

mOf2q20.png
qFTZ8xM.png
Seeing misses with decent hitrates is quite the standard. BTW I have to say something about hitrates. The hitrate is 1-99% which means there is no guarantee hit and miss. This is something which definitely does not come to the player's favor because it makes dodgetanking a lot harder. I think only users in prayer mode are safe.

nw8THLj.png
wrath kill

He visits the village.
yaXRqTx.png
EyFhEEk.png
kakinvZ.png
903K2nD.png
DxOn8RY.png
VcxsD0H.png
He gots his personal axe: Bhuj

Sounds like a place in Himalaya, but this is really the axe formerly famous under name Pugi. It is a hand axe with 80 hit and 30 (!!!) crit. This weapon is basically a free kill in player phase. This weapon will turn into a crit-machine.

F1WjR9i.png
Marty can prove himself as captor.

DkOsb6P.png
Q3PykIU.png
Javelin is nice for Finn and the vulnerary is godly for everyone. It is an elixir, heals HP fully.

Vreo15G.png
Leif is in toruble. Oh boy, getting a Game Over in the prologue map would be disgraceful.

wMRw390.png
He uses a vulnerary. (I forgot that his Light Brand also can recover his HP)

m7Dd6pC.png
nKCzWjG.png
This chapter goes really slowly because of tons of misses, but the number of enemies becomes less in less. BTW it is one of very few chapters without reinforcements.

vhqqeXF.png
Othin can talk to Tanya.

B0xpLsp.png
KpWg0Ix.png
JFZrVAm.png
1MXPpDz.png
Orsin has the typical behavior of a fighter.

yO7TCm6.png
Yrq5IZh.png
C6bUFUO.png
MUyYv7W.png
SMCG0dS.png

UEU2jn2.png
Level ups are impossible to screenshot.  Orsin got: HP, strength, speed, luck, defense
So basically a perfect level up. The growthrates in FE5 are rather low, so seeing this kind of level ups will be rather the exception (unfortunately).

J3a79hC.png
NLb7jEa.png
YeTfOyH.png
dyHnmAN.png
cAouPZv.png
MQz5h26.png
The least useful obtainable object in this chapter.

EzWeoLF.png
This level up, however, was easy to screenshot because he got NOTHING. Yes, in this game you can actually get no level ups. And this happened already, even worse to the main protagonist who needs stats early on the most. What a fucking terrible start.

rBMBTXg.png
GTj0HH3.png
He got only HP, also terrible. The beginning Leifs to be desired...

nptoDO4.png
hvwh4yG.png
d8KzPmt.png
LI69aJM.png
XBHdFDu.png
BscGD5s.png
zXknNaq.png
= angelic robe

GZBM5Kn.png
the end of the last generic

Halvan has to visit the house at the top right of the map:
gmIds6W.png
2bWghXT.png
R4xBx3M.png
YkEAnTd.png
GlB5vhk.png
nYlYZEo.png
A Brave Axe. This also could be a free kill thanks to his vantage skill.

CG3unrC.png
Only Weismann is left. Let's talk about throne boosts. You will see a +30% avoid and 10 defense. This defense basically means you cannot take down one single boss with physical weapons unless with critical hits of powerful weapons. Orsin could deal a bit. But in general the bosses have an absurdly high defense that mages are the only boss killers in this game. A throne also recovers 20% of HP.

tiInwnx.png
He has only one magic, so Leif deals some damage to him. The hitrate of magical weapons is not affected by the throne.

pSJtcLD.png
JY7KgV2.png
Leif still misses.

X2aY0L9.png
Second try works.

xiHdfST.png
Orsin is the only physical unit who can deal damage to the boss.

dRoyNeR.png
14 damage with a crit

BBwrxJj.png
Can Leif claim the first boss kill in the LP?

2lFzLmZ.png
Lca6vqQ.png
Yes, he can!

twMdUmD.png
HP, speed, luck
Well, at least speed, still not a good start for him at all.

B3iWO52.png
This was chapter 1.

R793ZZ5.png
They are in another castle...

3jxou7Y.png
Reydrik is the name of the brat who captured the two.

xxbnaxp.png
HF2ronw.png
Leif is sick with worry and do not want to be treated like a child anymore.

Edited by Zemuria

On 12/5/2019 at 8:35 PM, Zemuria said:

Then you see movement stars. The amount of movement stars will affect the rate of moving again in one turn. I do not know the calculation though.

You have a 5% chance per movement star, for example with 5 movement stars you have a 25% chance of moving again. Note that you can't proc a movement star on the extra move you get by procing a movement star (although you can from an extra move you get from a dance)

Tanya is an archer with low strength but high speed. Unfortunately she has neither a personal weapon, nor a personal skill. If you are looking for a good archer, then I would not even lie, then you have found one, because she basically does the job best. Yeah, FE5 does not have the best archers...

To be fair she has some nice supports, having a mutual support with Orsin, and a one way one with her father.

Honestly I do not quite understand the explanation. As far I know, it doubled the combat.

It doubles the combat, but only if Dagdar's current HP is greater than the enemy's current HP, and Dagdar's Attack Speed is greater than the enemy's Attack Speed.

zJzsFr8.png
Leif will bait the first enemy and takes all of Eyvel's stuff.

It seems a little early to be grab all of her stuff. Eyvel is a bit funky in that she has a flag that makes her literally invincible (as in all fatal hits will miss) until ...certain events, so you can use her to do things that would otherwise be suicidally dangerous. I think she is still vulnerable to capture, so you might want a weapon ready if you want to test her temperary invincibility out.

39 minutes ago, Zemuria said:

The hitrate is 1-99% which means there is no guarantee hit and miss. This is something which definitely does not come to the player's favor because it makes dodgetanking a lot harder. I think only users in prayer mode are safe.

A prayer proc (or invincibility flag) is the only way for a 0% hit, and a Sol or Luna proc is the only way to have a 100% hit chance.

12 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Things seem to be going smoothly, so far. Except for Leif's level ups. He reminds me of Roy in that regard.

His growths aren't the best, nor his bases, like a lot of male sword infantry lords, but giving Leif all the levels you can and the statboosters before Chapter 4 is very helpful.

And, I like Leif:

Fire-Emblem-Thracia-776-2019-12-07-17-24

And 8 Move, one or two of the procs coming before or during the Manster arc.

----

Goooooood luck!

I used Eyvel to kill things, I knew full well it'd be a waste, but she speeds things up, and I wasn't overly concerned with a few improperly allocated kills.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

2 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

And, I like Leif:

Fire-Emblem-Thracia-776-2019-12-07-17-24

And 8 Move, one or two of the procs coming before or during the Manster arc.

That's amazing, is Prince his promotion title though?

14 minutes ago, This boi uses Nino said:

That's amazing, is Prince his promotion title though?

Prince is his promotion yes. He starts as a Lord, and promotes to Prince, his base class in FE4. So retroactively, Leif is a three-tier unit, Lord > Prince > Master Knight. And as weak as he can be in Thracia, Master Knight Leif is sublime in FE4 if you can get him to level 20 to promote.

16 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Holy bajeezum. That's one blessed Lord right there.

Barring the 3% Move procs, it's not luck, it's stacking a bunch of those Scrolls like that Heim one you see there in his inventory. Each of them gives 30-40 in net growths increase. And, you can put multiple scrolls in a unit's inventory and they'll all work, the only problem being it'll leave less room for weapons and stuff taken via capturing.

Anyone with enough Scrolls and levels can become amazing, not just Leif, like this person:

Fire-Emblem-Thracia-776-2019-12-07-17-38

She had 12 Move too. Which is reaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaly blessed, because she only has a 2% growth there, and Scrolls let you boost Move growth by just 5%. That was luck.

Pegasus Knight is promoted by the way. Pegasus Rider is the unpromoted Thracia Pegasus class. Rider has 8 Move, Knight has 9. So three procs.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

Chapter 2

Spoiler

Map Commentary

JO91VsB.png
Miw2hS9.png
yfntgph.png

(no, not the RPGs series Ys)

biIXQfM.png

SXyKlow.png
Ypaklhu.png

Bucks: I don't tell you how to plan your strategies and whatnot, and you don't tell me 'ow to go about plauderin'. Oh, and if it's the Freeblade folk yer worried about, we already saw to them. The boss tipped off the Empire that the Leonster boy was hidin' with 'em.

?: Leonster boy...? Wait, you mean Leif, the prince?! Are you certain of this?

Bucks: Sure am. The boss grabbed one of the village folk an' used his talents with a knife to loosen 'tongue. Stubborn fella, though mighta survived if he'd talked earlier.

?: He resorted to torture, did he...?

Bucks: Hah, yer one to talk! Boss says yer the one who taught 'im everythin' he knows about interrogatin'! There's a reason you ain't with the church no more, mate.

HuLgtpH.png
w1j8Cm2.png

M2JDkYv.png
Bandits show their purpose.

mnoPFpU.png
MMSgAvH.png
Leif and Co have to stop them.

Map

duztHkt.pngAWB0EpY.png?2
SI8WfG9.pngk5btmWZ.png?2

This chapter is a little race against the bandits. You want to visit all the houses before they can burn them down. Visiting them all do not only give a present, but leaving them all intact also gives access to the first gaiden chapter.

mIJ3x6n.pngGA3o8Ws.png
Most of the enemies carry axes, a few of them bows. Pirates and hunters are only enemy classes.

n1Lk4yC.png
AIiZM58.png
The boss is not too tough, but he has a serious attack speed. Leif with the Light Brand would be ORKO'ed, so use someone with higher AS. Orisin would be decent choice for a critcounter.

d5kltNf.png
JGKZLlC.png
In this chapter I capture as much as possible. Capturing is the financial source in this game since you do not get any money from what I remember. Also weapons and items are very expensive in this game, so capturing is the way how to get the equipment a / o money.

HYC6Nrl.png
This village is saved.

BhMTGY4.png
3OLO9CG.png
A few enemies moved, but they are no match for me.

7WpkNso.png
HP, luck, con    Con is the stat he is looking for although a bit more strength and defense would be nice too.

ScErCbC.png
GgCmHXe.png
N0rZlkw.png
The upcoming houses have better rewards for sure.

t0W5sO1.png
HP, speed, luck   I think this is typical for her since she tends to be a myrmidon archer.

Eyvel visits the village left.

d37zlBh.png
6aRBKRM.png
1fdVvAx.png
aIWWxvs.png
HitfDNd.png
It gives a new ally.

Ronan
8swdCGH.png
IE3TTvu.png
VkBwoq8.png

We get our second archer, Ronan. Ronan is an indeed interesting archer. Not only he comes with adept and three movement stars (15% chance of moving again), but he also fulfills an unique role. He has an abysmal strength but oddly high magic growth which can make him become a magekiller. His bad strength can kinda be covered with adept and the chance to act multiple times in a turn.

1Qqt87l.png
Welcome to ambush reinforcements!

Final village
xVLIRkX.png
JVKpQEc.png
z10vxCP.png
ZPsUiFV.png
kk29heL.png
LCPZCM0.png
K2LFFpg.png
PrxvG3q.png
dRaBZQF.png
It is even better than a speed wing. It will go to Leif.

QnuQ3pg.png
The pirates lost to me. 2x is safe.

uy3N28l.png
more reinforcements

This chapter is really unspectacular, so I save with commentary right here.

Y0zMhwi.png
Brave Axe with Vantage is a free kill, if it hits twice.

sToTZJL.png
This screenshot is perfect showcase for one of the things I greatly dislike about Thracia 776. Since there is neither 0% nor 100% hitrate, enemies can ALWAYS hit, even if their hitrate would be -20% like in this case. You are NEVER safe, unless the ally is in miracle mode, but who does even have this skill (aside of Finn)? People might explain it with the argument that this mechanic shall match with the plot that your units are running away all the time and never are safe, but always having the fear of getting, which never should be the case, is seriously only fake difficulty for me and just annoys the player. 

onMjMWO.png
HP

6yjgCK3.png
nothing

Units have low growthrates, but still not that low to justify these levels.

QfYoyNX.png
Othin shall get attacked by the boss.

wflJO3s.png
third and final wave of reinforcements

jr5PKX8.png
more free kills for Halvan

A383TCN.png
P4HlmmN.png
crit - 16 damage

phjAEoo.png
One more crit would do it.

hoZ3CFr.png
And he does!

H28L3ra.png
luck   

ANFlSlK.png
magic, skill, luck

At least everyone is lucky...

7Ysrefl.png
One of the final reinforcements carries a steel axe and deals heavy damage.

9WIyGwD.png
strength, speed    Wow, he actually leveled something!

86pkh2E.png
HP, speed, luck (again)

NaS3ijG.png
luck 

Well, I do not know what to think about the level ups yet.

I think it is a good timing to speak about the classes and stats:
Another unique feature of FE5 is the class system. Technically classes do not really exist. What classes distinguish, is basically their weapon and mobility. In terms of stats each class has the gerneric caps of 60 HP and 20 everywhere else (movement excluded), and it is not even hard to reach most of the caps since scrolls exist which affect the growthrates. Each unit can get up to level 20 and promote at level 10 or higher. Once they are promoted their current level continues.

djau9ax.png

TOKERUA.png
igxhzgE.png

Augustus: Neither do I. I take it you're headed to the Corsair Isles to nip this pirate threat in the bud?

Leif: Indeed. If we leave them be, it's only a matter of time until the scum attack Ys again. Besides, I hear they're also keeping a cleric captive there.

Euc1ktA.png
A navigator

Augustus: The old man has many surprises left in him yet, I'll tell you that much. Still, the decision is yours.

Augustus tricked Bucks by letting Leif come to help him freeing the cleric.

Also a thanks to all, especially @Eltosian Kadath, who give me hints and corrections.

I added and corrected a few things in the first part.

Edited by Zemuria

Chapter 2x

Spoiler

yrvN0lm.png

OQ9FzGp.png
31lkMQL.png
Cleric: I have given my word to see Lady Linoan's hopes realized. Unless you wish to join us in fighting Tahra, I will not falter.

Lithis: T-Take up arms against the Empire?! May as well stand on the shore and try to push the tide back!

Cleric: Perhaps it sounds impossible, but the alternative is to do nothing as innocent children are ritually slaughtered. No matter the cost, no one with a drop of humanity could stand by and allow this to continue. We're not naive. Everyone knows the risks, we know we'll likely die. But this isn't just about us! This is bigger than one city or one society - this is about resisting the grip of damnation itself. Loptous beckons, Lithis. The world hustles ever closer toward this jaws. Tahra is the only place in Judgral still in dispute - where will you be when history is written?

Lithis: Well, I...   Look, you're out to fulfill your Lady's hopes, right? If you say yes, will you fulfill one of my own hopes?

Cleric: If it's in my power, I will.

Lithis: It's a deal. I'll talk to my boys, make sure everybody is on board. But don't forget our little arrangement.

Cleric: Very well.

pvhAh1Q.png
bp169mH.png
9sPDnva.png
fug of war

CTbi2AI.png
Chapter 2x is a fug of war chapter. Gaiden chapters have usually fug or war maps with at least one exception, and they are in the majority not fun to play for different reasons. This gaiden has some desert tiles which slow down the movements and a lot of reinforcements. The target is to seize. Will go into more details later.

4AhPAtU.png
Leif uses the goodies to be more competent in combat.

a09FdVy.png
emptyness so far

WijCRix.png
not anymore

LaUnWDX.png
Thankfully enemies tend to be a bit weaker than in regular chapters.

jE1ELvf.png
gor0kCo.png
also level 1

FXV64aB.png
I have to go left through the path where the two enemies are placed.

After turn 2
UdsYpLY.png
8KNFeBc.png
vqG6Ux9.png
ssvkofO.png
rn9wTkk.png
Lithis gets warned. Probably an indirect announcement of reinforcements.

2fx3uIz.png
3F0nrpB.png
HP, speed     His speed is fine now. I REALLY would like to see strength or defense...

oRANvIP.png
6pFgIK3.png
GHDPgt9.png
One of the enemies cannot be killed. He will go after Ronan for sure.

OgTEKwa.png
Thakfully no more enemies are here, so Ronan will be safe.

AGZjF0R.png
37% is meant to get hit.

0VYg5Bo.png
Leif can talk to Eyvel.

lcQxQc5.png
lVAYoT4.png
3wR9G8z.png
dsXStK6.png
Take Eyvel's advice seriously. Do not kill Lithis in this chapter.

c5BE797.png
Unlike in all the parts after this one, you can't act after talking.

wCN29CH.png
9anfawC.png
magic  (not surprising at all)

hOl9zv3.png
Forts give the same boosts as thrones, means they're ideal to block enemies with physical weapons.

6ZTHsgt.png
Even the +10 boost doesn't help him from not getting killed. Dagda's accost allows him to attack him four times.

lZ5CFxC.png
ofiaOMH.png
qhD1I4B.png
On this fort is a hidden torch which has only one use though.

ECQHC8V.png
q9nAEbz.png
more emptyness

rLFmexj.png
Vms1Alb.png
Not quite! A promoted enemy is following me who has very nice things to drop. I want to capture him, but it will be a bit risky. He is very powerful and has enough speed to double and ORKO Marty.

uz5gfsH.png
Even Halvan cannot double him.

lI3u6nh.png
Finn uses capture command and has to hit twice.

8GdjGuB.png
Of course he missed one attack, so I have to give all my hopes to Marty.

18lq9aI.png

v8Z69JR.png
Well, I guess I will lose my first unit. Just the question, who? Will be obviously Marty since he can double him.

LcBj7Uk.png
The Marty Party is over early, WAAAAAAYYYYYY too early.

First death, honestly a total waste one. Trying capture the warrior was an unnecessary risk.

Ok, trying to do this again.

7wehJeW.png
This time I am also using Halvan because he can do major damage with his Brave Axe.

lV04wx3.png
HP, skill, luck, con    I am okay with this.

ivkywjg.png
two chances

0CcGx1m.png
He got the warrior, but therefore no stat...

MHneDTS.png
meanwhile on my long and tedious way to Lithis...

X4JOKCb.png
reinforcements from this fort at bottom of the image

BSLvZPr.png
kGHGc0r.png
This chapter is a feast for Orsin.

e09bG7Z.png
HP, strength, defense      I definitely take this!

w6Kl8yD.png
Hopefully I did not take a too big risk with Ronan.

znxt1pN.png
new enemies

znxt1pN.png
Myrmidons - they are weak and honestly not even fast

FYprPgL.png
13% hits (of course)

zUvJKhV.png
8tp5jog.png
Orsin captured the hand axe. He will be fine. His AS is high enough to get doubled by these myrms.

8tp5jog.png
FxptpAL.png
kill thanks to adept

EP9By0Z.png
Uh oh, I did not remember there were that many reinforcements. Now I have to pray again...

KTtEXhI.png
... great 

Qt2dnuA.png
Maybe I will have to restart this chapter anyways...

fZFxBVe.png
At least I can depend on Orsin.

Now I have to worry further about Ronan...

lPw2vzA.png
good

gGfQ57r.png
magic  ugh

gGfQ57r.png
GOOD

JhGnLuX.png
n1cDCWC.png
WELP

I will leave him dead since I do not need him for further recruitments.

Marty technically neither, but he might be essiental for getting a gaiden with a recruitment.

MFO1Rwx.png
Halvan shall deal with these assholes. Orisin might be better for them, but he is too far away right now.

mzSA539.png
Hopefully Leif can kill.

UO8sEvW.png
of course not! 

FE5 feels like a gambling game so far. 

OzRvrOU.png
I need to rescue him not to get a Game Over.

mOT1KVo.png
I have to use the panic button alias Eyvel.

QMJWZUE.png
Orsin shall kill these guys.

lDeB7lN.png
U4ZGuYq.png
Eyvel kills another one.

CukpQ4J.png
Orsin is definitely the best unit besides Eyvel.

EfHRbed.png
HP, luck   meh

Tu4NBM8.png
still more reinforcements

cFTM24H.png
HP, skill, speed, defense    He finally becomes better!

h7DtOAj.png
Leif uses the life ring.

pO1AYSb.png
Here's the guy who talked to Lithis and warned him not to harm the cleric.

ns3lj7P.png
XvbQSMI.png
jKxTf4u.png
Shiva is his name who is a myrmidon. He has a killing edge, so a high critchance. He has also sol which is basically the same as in the newer parts. He is on a fort with very high defense and evasion and a very dangerous weapon, so how to beat him? Not at all, just leave him be! He will not move and you will only get him later, if he survives this chapter.

6YcYfs5.png
Also Lithis is shown up.

fdE2UtP.png
rVRX1Lq.png
vGPkBQD.png
He is a thief without weapons. He has the steal skill. Units can steal if their build is higher than the enemy's. In case of Lithis he will mainly steal stuff from mages or clerics. He has a scroll, called Hezul's scroll. Scrolls are like bands from FE9 which affect the growthrates. The are some more of them. This one is good for physical units with low strength growth. Lithis would be a good contender for this, but also Tanya could use this. I will decide later.

6DmIqLz.png
As mentioned earlier, capture him.

S9MdN0b.png
A combat information is displayed, but just ignore it.

Ld3Go3K.png
the end of this gaiden - FINALLY!

Chapter 3

Spoiler

xkLDmHW.png

4PY3a1w.png
Cleric: Hm, is that?

Leif: I beg your pardon, milady. Battle is dirty business, and if I have some grime or blood in my face.

Cleric: Have you forgotten me already, lord Leif? It's me Safiya - we met in Tahra.

Leif: Safiya, you say? I knew a young woman at the monastry in Tahra by that name.

Safiya: I only had the honor of seeing you two or three times, milord. I suppose I wasn't as memorable as I thought! Still you left an impression on me all the same. When you departed the city, it was I who wiped Lady Linoan's face of tears.

Leif: Ah, now I can place you. Your father was a priest, and you were rather close with Linoan, were you not?

Safiya: As close as a woman of birth can be, I suppose. The Duke of Tahra was Linoan's father, and I am more servant that peer.

Leif: That aside, how did you come to be there? Has something happened to Linoan? 

Safiya: You mean to say you don't know what's happened to Tahra since you left? Ah, let me start from the beginning. After the Duke passed away, the Empirse installed their own governor. The man proved to be a walking pox, inflicting tragedy upon us. Just this year, they even begin child hunts in Tahra.

Leif: Child hunts...?

Safiya: That proved to be the breaking point. The people of Tahra revolted, installing Lady Linoan as rightful Duchess. They hired any sellsword who could stand upright, and then some offerings of gold and gemstones to the Empire's leading noblemen. It was... an admirable effort, but King Blume of Thracia did not forgive such a slight, and summoned the Imperial Army to besiege Tahra. The sellswords proved craven and fled, and now only a handful of militiamen stand between the Empire and our city. Lady Linoan bade me leave and seek out and who would fight in Tahra's defense.

Leif: Are things truly that dire...? The Duke sheltered me for half a decade before the Empire learned of it and had him executed. Not a day goes by that I don't think of his generousity... You're seeking fold to aid Tahra? Look no more. I pledge to deliever Tahra from this evil. Let's be off, Safiya!

Safiya: You will be most welcome in Tahra, Lord Leif. Thank you!

1lKFExP.png
qzsetxy.png
jx5RELD.png
t6vqVzz.png
Safiya inserts a good word for Lithis.

Safiya: He's committed many foul acts as pirate, yes, but he seemed genuinely repentant when we spoke earlier. Give him a chance to redeem himself in the eyes of the goals.

vUowZ7Z.png
good boy

oim0Tsa.png
d0Pnfcy.png

Map Commentary
xdNQhn8.png
aSk1qqy.png
KJ5q9h2.png

q3npotp.png
Here's a first impression what child hunts stands for.

3M9GIMA.png
Uh oh, Raydrik arrives.

AaU7Z2A.png
?: What do you want done with them, milord?

Raydrik: Hmm. Best keep them there until the Loptian Order arrives to claim them. The Magi may well try to free the little worms - see that your men are prepared for an incursion.

?: Magi? As in those rebels from Manster? They're still alive?

Raydrik: To my great chagrin, yes. I thought they'd bee wiped out, but they've resurfaced recently. The little swarm of flies seems to have a new man in charge...

?: Never a moment's peace these days... And what of you, sire? Will you be returning to Manster?

Raydrik: Not immediately. My journey has been most tiring, and I would rest there while I can. What better place for a man to catch his breath than the impregnable Kerberos' gate, eh, Lobos?

Lobos: Had! Indeed, sire.

yHE5buY.png
b9zTOn5.png
mK5rT5H.png
8dHPbif.png
MUnQDgt.png
HriagA9.png
Augustus explains the main plot of this game and its backround. Leif does not want to believe it.

Augustus: I realize it sounds too horrible to be true, but this is no fable - this is the state of Judgral. Even now, children languish in capitivity within that very fortress to see.

Leif: ... What soldier could willingly take part in such a thing? No one with a spark of humanity left, to be sure. I'm sorry Augustus, but we must part ways here. I cannot allow this evil to go unchallenged - I must free those children from this barbarism.

Augustus: Indeed. Allow me to give one last piece of advice, sire.

kMbVxrU.png
Mounted units cannot enter buildings. They have to be dismounted.

EjJoGpt.png
VNtJrAu.png
The inprisoners have to be brought back to their village to get rewards.

njV0jQJ.png
sIWPnLG.png
go1NMT6.png
farewell Augustus

Map
BqIf3rJ.pngWsMPxeO.png?1
aj8EuIn.pnglYayu5F.png?1
xKxMGXg.png?13VwYZfH.png?1
This the last map of the "intro". It is a rather short and simple map, once again with the target to size. Though it is not all. This chapter features four inprisoned children which must be brought back the four villages. It is essential to bring the right children to the right village. You must visit all the villages first to get the information who belongs to vhich village. Then bring the children back to their relatives.

Enemies

There are new enemy classes:
cpMKb6k.png
WczmKmu.png
armor knights 

ZttukK7.png
JqwTQIQ.png
first mage in the game 

PrZ1VMs.png
a promoted mage - with some stealable goodies 

BTW I said something wrong about stealing. Not the constitution of the enemy must be higher, but the constitution of the item / weapon. I think the speed must be higher of the opponent.

cqMxyg3.pngcF04Pjg.png
The boss is a general. Except for having a lot of defense, he is not too bad. Light Brand is the way to go.

NPCs
VPptXEQ.png
T46UGwq.png
T46UGwq.png
mwg3354.png
Here are the four kids. Latter is quite a familar name. Yeah, it is the same Cairpre from FE4.

Safiya
rcyHH9L.png
6Ko0l0n.png
j6EOsEN.png
Safiya is a healer, a very squishy one. A few enemies can oneshot her, so keep an eye on her. Anyways staves have a very unique as annoying gimmick in this game. In FE5 staves can actually miss. I think the hitrate is based on the skill and / or magic. Anyways it is a big BIG issue when someone needs healing badly, but the staff does not hit. Especially on low level the chance of missing is increased. At least a failed staff use still gives the same amount of experience as a successful use. Anyways she comes with a hammerne staff which is aweseome, but it should not be used early on. Safe its uses for the rare and important weapons.

EE6uSPM.png
Orsin will solo these three.

aJtl3xq.png
Everyone else moves directly to the villages / fort.

yFixynC.png
HP, luck

zAfywQg.png
u1eMQh9.png

r3Jxawp.png
L8JPFpM.png

vM8xfns.png
9x4hWW0.png

kDtJfxR.png
TxRrkiI.png
healing successful

EFV024R.png

SrAK68K.png
Another funny RNG thing: 94% misses twice

Kz4x8Te.png
96% misses once. 

pyWwTw8.png
But accost kills the enemy nevertheless.

moFo2UN.png
uC4Tchj.png
yW7FieW.png

Now all the children can be brought back.

zh4lWP0.png
a0xSNaH.png
speed, defense

3NJusBy.png
Unfortunately I have to use Dagda here again.

AeKVsUZ.png
YTVS9IT.png
first Lithis action

yYaudNo.png
He can move again...

SwmyB65.png
... and finish him off.

Cpx8uyJ.png
Finn captured the mage.

bKJ6lFd.png
Time to enter the fort. This chapter is really simple. 

DmRcBvT.png
HP    

eMmgS5x.png
The children liberation begins.

90sPBw1.png
Finn must get off of his horse.

SOPv1jT.png
HP    I have no comment. Not only the worst Leif I have ever had, but also the worst unit of my team regarding levels.

wIMDJIe.png
The bishop does not move. Lithis can take off all his stuff to get some experience.

V0dY4D6.png
HOLY SHIT! Even he is not the best unit, I really can use this level up on him.

DhVu80r.png
Dagda can poke the boss. With accost he can deal a bit damage to him.

0FEsgKB.png
SEHjVO3.png
Dagda hits 2/4. Boss hits 1/2.

DTFZut9.png
Throne heals. Again Dadga shall poke him to bring Lobos's HP low enough to let Leif finish him off wit the light brand.

Xac9rZK.png
o1tPMJT.png
NV - He critted.

Y0Hf0bb.png
I never expected to see a Dagda level up. Anyways he got skill and luck.

Lithis opens the two chests:
myEdb0S.png
44E4ujr.png
Similar as in other parts. Heavy and not the most accurate sword.

NI3Xnqh.png
zYZxqx3.png
It took me some tries to finish the bishop off.

wAiDquQ.png
HP, skill, magic, defense    I am not wondering anymore that he levels magic before strength and con, but seeing four stats has been his personal record yet.

Uoon3Pk.png
43o4DAE.png
a siege tome in the third chapter - that already gives a light impression what is coming up soon

That said the game gives a siege tome before getting the first mage - interesting

Cy2VidC.png
magic, speed    This is all she needs.

Bringing the children back:
rKbxBWK.png
XQII3cb.png
dO7K8FO.png
YiVT4uF.png
iAI2D1D.png
BVZ36CD.png
Wow, this is an awesome scroll. I do not know if crits by enemies a / o allies are negated. If former, then it is a superb scroll. Leif has to take it at once.

1VXthy1.png
i6wwIDj.png
6bqPjy4.png
30fvpSX.png
rmEKOSe.png
This will be rewarded later. I cannot think of what is was right now.

Fl6NJMK.png
9XJSVrh.png
ZKYVSH9.png
C5FKMPS.png
tSaRoJl.png
UsgAXRz.png
= draco shield

This will also go to Leif.

tobui4Y.png
mcCE5br.png
ovWcVBS.png
nyoau8h.png
Hx2kjNE.png
You will get the reward in the next chapter. Dalshin is a recruitable unit. 

Final preparations

Make sure to give all the important stuff to either Leif or Lithis before seizing. Both definitely need...

• the scrolls
  • status items (if not used yet)
  • flame sword
  • armorslayer
  • vulneraries
  • keys

ELM5Mlp.png

CLIFFHANGER TIME

I don't think you lost too much by leaving him for dead, meme or not.

Ronan has adept and two movement stars, so he could have more practical use than Tanya.

His bad strength growth could be covered by scrolls, so after all I would not consider a bad unit since everyone is technically usable in FE5.

Though he is not required for further recruitments, so he can stay dead.

Edited by Zemuria

1 hour ago, Zemuria said:

I think the hitrate is based on the skill and / or magic

Its based on skill, staff hit rates are [60+4 x SKILL]%, so once a healer hits 10 skill staff hit rate caps, but I am not sure if it is capped at 99 or 100.

The bishop does not move. Lithis can take off all his stuff to get some experience.

If you wait long enough he will use that door key and chest key to lot that room above him, and

Uoon3Pk.png

will actually start using that Meteor tome against Leif's army.

Wow, this is an awesome scroll. I do not know if crits by enemies a / o allies are negated. If former, then it is a superb scroll. Leif has to take it at once.

All the crusader scrolls block critical hits (except for crits caused by the Wrath skill) that would target whomever holds it (so if an enemy or berserked ally would have critted the holder it will simply be a hit). It should be noted if an enemy has (or if you use the steal command to give a crusader scroll to an enemy) they will also be immune to non-wrath crits that target them.

Make sure to give all the important stuff to either Leif or Lithis before seizing. Both definitely need...

• the scrolls
  • status items (if not used yet)
  • flame sword
  • armorslayer
  • vulneraries
  • keys

Does Leif have the weapon ranks to use the armorslayer and flame sword? I suppose Fergus will get the sword rank soon enough, but that armorslayer might be taunting you with how useful it could be if you have the weapon ranks for a while.

2 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

So Ronan is a Mage hunter, i guess. Never used him myself

That is the joke/meme that he is a mage killer. I've taken him to endgame in my most recent run, his 3 movement stars, Adept skill (with solid speed growth), starting with 1 extra move, and being tied with the second highest move growth are his most useful characteristics.

5FbvCTpOOU3Ug8KYovhBpElnSmT5mXlZkyzUZH8pfD-t3kJNHUIHu9uHXnKkrxWK0pWLOyuvw4Hoe6P_

3 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

Mag = Res in T776. So Ronan is a Mage hunter, i guess. Never used him myself

And I didn't have enough opportunity to use him. XD
I found Tanya overall better, though. She did more damage than him during my playtime.

Chapter 4 Part 1

Spoiler

M3UQPNm.png
M3UQPNm.png
Leif is celebrating a bit too early.

4szDkqa.png
Raydrik brought Nanna...... but not for reunion purpose obviously.

OJpu97H.png
tS98Vnz.png
UyS0MJg.png
Leif has no other choice than to play Raydrik's game.

GGKM9A8.png
Xh5vng5.png
QndWIG1.png
Almost everyone has a speech in which they admit defeat and will go for Leif's aid.

They all go separate ways now.

Map Commentary
sGKnSYG.png
t5bQcl3.png
uPsUOJ5.png
rUxQIy2.png
OWy72RB.png
NoBbRM3.png
ZqBbMn7.png
7ta8u5q.png
lS25ffb.png
zgR9XkM.png
5T8ulqY.png
dWQz5V4.png
a bit backround information about Raydrik

noC72SP.png
Prison Break Time

Pf6zlVz.png
tVTVS2d.png
You remember that name from the last chapter.

RCgZuXp.png
7mhAkUa.png
Radrik is truly quite the kind and charming guy.

Eyvel: Other girls? You mean... Mareeta and Nanna?

Raydrik: I believe those are their names, yes. Never fear - I haven't laid a finger on them. I've been keeping them quite comfortable.

Eyvel: ... Are you really gonna let me see them?

Raydrik: You have my word.

Eyvel: ... Fine. Lead me the way.

Raydrik: Ah, how old-fashioned, leading the way for such a fine lady. Heh... heh... heh...

Eyvel takes Raydrik's offer since she has no other choice anyways.

lI5DFiL.png
68EJ7hJ.png
new people

QKMLm7s.png
llMq7Xb.png
hint regarding stealing

Map
uGOYhjP.pngVBjCAGD.png?1
V3VUuu2.png?1zXHQpth.png?1
Now the game really begins! This chapter is what makes Thracia 776 as unique as great. It has so much stuff going on. I will explain everything one by another.

This chapter is a prison break chapter in which Leif has to escape. Escape chapters are DIFFERENT in other games. It will be explained ingame later.

There are lots of cells, filled with

• Leif and new playable units
  • Lithis and green units
  • villagers
  • chests

You have a thief in the party who can open all the cells and free Leif. But if she dies or are out of door keys before freeing Leif, it is basically Game Over. 

In all the chests are the items and weapons you gave to Leif or Lithis before the end of chapter 3. This is why they need all the important things and scrolls.

Let's introduce the new units:

Brighton
TEcaxf4.png
M5UqmKb.png
Brighton is an axe knight, but since this chapter takes place in a building, he is dismouted and uses swords. He is the bulkiest unit of the three. He has wrath, same as Orsin, which will make him a good enemy phase unit.

Macha
hdV1Ku8.png
lrNdB1z.png
Macha is a myrmidon. She is fast, but not very strong and tanky. Vantage is good for finishing weaken enemies in enemy phase. You will get a way better myrmidon than her later.

Lara
xzdvtHx.png
3ovxptc.png
Lara only exists for opening the cells. Otherwise she has no purpose for now. With her zero strength and three con she has neither a combat, not the ability to steal anything aside of vulneraries. As I said she should be kept alive. Though not only to free Leif and help him to escape, but also for a certain event later on.

RUlkoD9.png
tffktSh.png
Leif and Lithis have transferred level and experience from the last chapter.

Fargus
FNVAIoX.png
7857Oiq.png
Fargus is a sword cavalier. He has no personal skill, but a movement star at least. Of course he is also dismounted.

Karin
G1PT8tj.png
QBQatPZ.png
Karin is a pegaus knight. She starts fast but fragile. The Baldr's scroll will help to fix it. She will become one of the most essential units in this run because fliers are great to have in this game.  

NPC
KacbzRh.png
The three NPCs are not terrible. They have some defense which means they can survive long.

MJHuMj8.png
and six hostages

Enemies
OJT3P0F.png
The enemies are still only level one which does not really mean they are no threat. They can 2RKO some of my allies like Lara or Karin.

The roles are clear:
Brighton and Macha keep all the enemies from Lara away to let her open the cells.

This chapter also requires a good supply management. Lots of tradings have to be done to make fast and successful progress. 

1z1Lv0A.png
I will go through this map clockwise and go for the chests at bottom right first. Leif and co are unarmed, so it would be pointless to free them before I can give the weapons to them.

vR4c6jo.png
As for now all the enemies on the map are the only ones in the chapter. So you are not under time pressure in getting all the things done. It will change later though...

6N2u3aq.png
0hfSKRl.png
6VnrhSZ.png
kvpAx4R.png
F3EI8dh.png
By making wrong promises Lithis can make these three green units become his allies. They will act as NPCs and help once they are freed.

vxi2lUO.png
Leif and his companions notice the intruders. Perfect timing to introduce each other:

Zsu23w2.png
5HbaOvn.png
4VCqmKs.png
MHO9omr.png
Fargus and Karin

rNGHZpu.png
Karin: Our prince up and left the country, that's why. The queen passed away, an' the princess is too young to take the throne, so people don't know who to turn to. I came here to look for our little runaway prince.

Leif: I'd heard that the kingdom of Silesse had been overthrown by the Empire. How is it the royal family still alive?

Karin: The rebels have been keeping them safe. Everyone still willing to fight has gathered in the city of Thove, where they've rallied around the royal family.  Me, I'm gonna become a pegasus knight an' lend them my lance. 

Leif: Impressive. If you become a pegasus knight, you'll be able to dance through the skies. 

Karin: Well, I can fly already, but I won't be doing any acrobatics like a knight any time soon. Still, my pegasus an' me can already understand each other really well! His name's Hermes, an' he's just the cutest thing you ever saw, with a brain to match! He'll probably the one dancing through the skies right now - looking for me, that is.

Leif: So why did the prince leave at first place?

Karin: It's a long story. The prince wanted to go look for the king, but the king's somethin' of a flake himself. He also left Silesse years ago, abandonin' his kingdom and his family both. Everybody feels betrayed, an' nobody expects the king coming back anymore. So we want Prince Ced to come back instead an' take the throne. I was sent to find him, but ended up jailed 'cause of this muttonhead.

XzjWR5C.png
It is better that he did not overhear this conversation.

6JjZcj7.png

This chapter has tons of long conversation, so I will cut it down to the ones with have plot reference.

6JjZcj7.png
VVpFpqv.png
mmOo0dg.png
Lithis and the three NPCs are freed. The NPCs will act automatically and will watch your back while you can continue opening the other cells.

skz63LJ.png
To speed things up Lithis takes the lockpicks since - unlike Lara - he can have combat if necessary.

0R7j4mb.png
At least he deals damage.

ivPvx5k.png
FybEiwh.png
Each age group is imprisoned.

KLuw6yy.png
vwrQt03.png
Lithis can open Leif's cell in the next turn while the others can open the treasures with Macha's treasure keys, so I will save some turns.

waEAA3i.png
jnw4ggH.png
They're free!

XOgH5kk.png
k7Hdzac.png
Explanation how an escape chapter works in this game. Everyone else than Leif must escape before him. If they do not, the will count as captured which not automatically means death. There is a way to save a captured unit till a certain point of the game, and I will show it later with an example, but for now you definitely need everyone in the upcoming chapters.

ekAZElB.png
nQ3VRAa.png
The first have been relationships established in the cells.

Oh this reminds me, I have not told about supports yet. A support system does not really exist in this game, but something like support bonds exist. Also there are lot of hidden conversations in this game which grant a special (event, item, weapon, etc...).

sTghfot.png
Leif can fight now.

3RGxf33.png
Fo7lEW9.png
WtZZwII.png
IbFAJ7n.png
f6ZlSti.png
only good stuff

Unfortunately no one has the sword rank to use the flame sword or armorslayer.

1xez9Ax.png
Leif takes the Hezul's Scroll because it gives a boost in strength growth, Leif needs badly. Karen ee

KAVQATw.png
The NPCs are going for the two guards. 

0QCWmyQ.png
hWFdU1f.png
ABWmTiE.png
next wave of treasures

botxqam.png
The guards are down which means no more enemies (for that moment). I can free the first civilians.

adxgdFO.png

z8XsKmS.png
Be absolute certain with doing this! By opening the first of the two civilians's cell, the game will automatically trigger reinforcements infinitely. They will chase you and try to capture the civilians. The important thing is that all civilians must have fleed (as mentioned in the dialouge in the beginning) to trigger the next sidequest which leads to the most broken character, to be more precise, the most broken weapon in the game.

Spoiler

I know there is technically a better weapon in this game, but this weapon has more importance regarding beating this game (especially bosses).

Now the fun part of this chapter begins!

Edited by Zemuria