Glory to Thracia: Let's Play Fire Emblem Thracia 776 - Everyone will be recruited (completed)

MisterIceTeaPeach

Chapter 4 Part 2

Spoiler

Cmn1une.png
Opening the second civilian cell. It might be the case that reinforcements only appear once the second door is opened, I cannot prove it. If it is the case, then it would be wise to wait for opening the second door till the civilians of the first cell escaped.

5akxTgf.png
2278H5V.png
nFYqyKS.png
the final treasures

j5LmspB.png
Once reinforcements (ambush) are spawn they can capture the civilians at once. I won't let it happen!

0r0CwjA.png
Speaking of the devil: Here they are!

As I said reinforcements will appear without an end, so be prepared!

NVyAXor.png
Brighton on the frontline is the best choice because of his wrath.

xUEGMjA.png
third chests door completed

p9BUpyW.png
Once again blocking reinforcements. Still enough room left to let the villagers escape.

i7oewVW.png
and more - The number and place where they exist is random. I could not see a pattern. There also very few turns without reinforcements.

U39SFQT.png
prQ9T1y.png
finally the Light Brand

ATnb3Hz.png
yTM560X.png
reinforcements everywhere

It might be a mess to throw so many enemies to the player, but this symbolsizes the plot. Is a cat and mouse game. Leif will be chasen through the entire game.

zNU557o.png
4diVBl1.png
Since the enemies are not too strong, these reinforcements could be used as for experience gain.

aBXRG46.png
The civilians from the left door have been all fleed.

vHwaT0U.png
Now I have to focus on this side.

The NPCs will not do anything anymore. For some reason they to capture and enemy instead of killing and then flee. Once they have captured an enemy they stop to fight and look for the exit.

hgHpP1n.png
This chapter is also a good opportunity to steal some precious vulneraries.

mPItnqK.png
one threat less

1AWcIog.png

wgq5ioH.png
vz1baiE.png
I cannot secure this area unfortunately.

XQtvCXw.png
dead - good

nGt3l8y.png
HP, speed, defense, con     Excellent!

hxa6aHG.png
As expected one civilian got captured.

AocjiOo.png
Thanks to so many misses I needed three units to kill this guy - who had halved stats - to let the civilian free again. Now the right side is totally open for ambush reinforcements.

l6tkWgI.png
the final chest

FJxjwaD.png
This IS what I did NOT want to see!

95zSltk.png
I screwed up! The civilian next to the enemy blocked me an attack spit. Lithis alone cannot take it out. And I have no choice to surrount the opponent. He will leave the map with the civilian in enemy phase which would mean that I will miss 4x. Since I want and HAVE to play this sidequest, I have to use a savestate.

82AXnsz.png
This is better!

lxquGmp.png
Still have to wait longer...

lmKsECL.png
finally

PE49nFF.png
Leif needs his Light Brand because this chapter is far away from being over. Honestly the hardest of the chapter still waits for me.

BYNgiiT.png
HP, strength, skill, luck    Woohoo, finally strength!

ZQO8yoO.png
Karin looks a bit unhealthy.

lvJ4JlF.png
hKIYcvT.png
I have to trust the 78%.

RWydCnB.png
I better should haven't!

Second fail!

BgF87QB.png
So I must use the panic button Leif instead.

All weapon uses are not restored in the chests, so I would like to save uses of the Light Brand as good as I can. But RNG do not let me.

pfTxZrK.png
All NPCs escaped. Now I have to do the rest on my very own.

RNkYAAb.png
The final door. Tip: Let all units come together and Leif on the front.

X5Nk77Y.png
A dirty dozen more enemies who will all move automatically.

mENFmOf.png
gFrm15g.png
Very most of these knights have range weapons which makes it hard to counterattack them. This means I have to use the Light Sword even more.

4pCImv8.png
thunder mages

This is the part Leif needs the life and shield ring.

PnKZJ0T.png
hXURJT5.png
0OOtpvR.png
One of the enemies is Dalsin. He is recruitable with Leif, if Jubel was brought to his village in chapter 3. He is an axe armor. He is tanky and also very good for capturing. His low speed does not matter at this point since enemies have similar AS at this point.

lTizfEn.png
Leif has to bait them. This part is not too hard, but requires some focus and patience.

GxsS2X0.png
BTW reinforcements are still appearing (of course).

e7Ydduh.png
RTCxQx1.png
Leif dodges all attacks, but unfortunately he cannot deal back as much damage as I wished.

7pAaw2M.png
The question is: Recruiting Dalsin and blocking all enemies with him and Leif or leaving him alone and retreating.

3PaT4Ds.png
I pick latter.

sN6j8Aw.png
one enemy less

1tkNtvh.png
I recruit him now. 

1tkNtvh.png
tN0FK8F.png
DDtChJF.png

G9lasv4.png
RlqiJo6.png
Dalsin's first kill

Svmjxy0.png
u3Ioj1a.png
Ef3m9uV.png
vCdRomi.png
8kX12Nx.png
CltXJ8q.png
Leif does very well.

FcQ0Hsb.png
HP, luck   sigh

O0E3myc.png
im6TvUX.png
Only two are still survive. The chapter is pretty much won.

SBmFoI3.png
a bit more experience for my team

j2jmPMc.png
HP, strength, skill, speed, magic, defense    FANTASTIC! That's what I want to see with the Baldr's Scroll equipped.

8u49T7L.png
HP, speed, luck   okay

t1DxhAk.png
HP, magic, speed   

Hc1hd4I.png
Lara with her three con cannot even steal staves.

CrjXRx4.png
So it's up to Lithis.

7A7yg7h.png
HP, skill, defense    Not quite what I expected, but ok.

ts2jZ1z.png
XGyUVJo.png
HP, strength    This is disappointing with a scroll equipped.

1wjhdVq.png
wBoIUeM.png
HP, skill

VViQ1j7.png
Don't forget, Leif has to escape last!

ddvxxKA.png
Like in FE9 everyone has an escape quote.

TItKWRj.png
Chapter done!

I love this chapter. The gameplay is as tense as the plot. 

Meanwhile inside the prison something really serious is going on:

P5BHvom.png
douchebaggery talk

Manfroy: Splendid! Then Tahra is the only city not under the influence. If they remain disagreeable, make an example of them: burn the city and its people. Show Manster that the Empire does not tolerate resistance.

Veld: It would be done, your Eminence, but the generals of Lord Friege seem to have lost their nerve. They've surrounded the city, but have yet to act. 

BweeiPF.png
kR7r7Zo.png
Ishtar: Many of our own, as well as the clergy, are vehemently opposed to the practice... of child hunts. My own brother is among the dissidents - and I stand with him. Archbishop Manfroy, on behalf of my family, I must ask that you stop the savagery! Abducting children too young to lift a sword? Separating them from their families? It's simply unconscionable! But you don't stop there, do you? No... You take these innocent souls and sacrifice them to your dark god! You have no shame?!

KAJbf3N.png
Julius tries to calm her down.

Julius: Never would I condone the slaughter of children! Do you truly believe me capable of such a thnig? I merely want them to be trained and educated - sculpted into adults worthy to inhabit the Empire. The ones who survive our rigorous training will become a new kind of ruling class - one that will govern over all others of common birth. Consider it: these children of peasants are given a chance to earn nobility, even hapiness, for themselves!

Ishtar: At what cost? They compete against each other, learn to hate each other, struggle to survive without their families... You dare call that happiness?

Julius: ... Ah, my dear, you'll understand my wisdom - your betrothed's wisdom - one day, I'm sure. Say, there's a beautiful bed of flowers just out back. Let's take the view together, Ishtar.

Ishtar: ... Lord Julius...

Edited by Zemuria

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You came here with a very full inventory.

11 hours ago, Zemuria said:

Opening the second civilian cell. It might be the case that reinforcements only appear once the second door is opened, I cannot prove it. If it is the case, then it would be wise to wait for opening the second door till the civilians of the first cell escaped.

I think the reinforcements are triggered by turn count, but it is hard to tell with them being randomly spawned.

As I said reinforcements will appear without an end, so be prepared!

They do stop eventually, the left and right stairs stop somewhere between turns 20-30 (again hard to pin down due to randomness), and the bottom two at turn 60... Speed runs of this game actually spam the end turn button with troops blocking the spawn points till then to save time.

95zSltk.png
I screwed up! The civilian next to the enemy blocked me an attack spit. Lithis alone cannot take it out. And I have no choice to surrount the opponent. He will leave the map with the civilian in enemy phase which would mean that I will miss 4x. Since I want and HAVE to play this sidequest, I have to use a savestate.

Just out of curiosity did you wait for them to leave the map before save stating? I have found the soldiers have odd priority for where they will try to escape to at times.

Chapter 4x

Spoiler

me9B7kw.png
more hostages, more enemies and........ more darkness

0CLI7z2.png
Ced (Sety)

Ced: Or would you wait until you have plenty to show for yourself? There's still time, Asbel!

Asbel: Then we can send'em all back home! Their folks must be awfully worried.

Ced: Focus, Asbel. There's too many guards about to celebrate just yet.

Asbel: Yessir

Ced: Listen closely: After you've rescued the children, I want you to rejoin Brighton and seek out Prince Leif of House Leonster.

Asbel: C-Come again?! Prince Leif?!

Ced: Indeed. He fell prey to some trap of Raydrik's and imprisioned in this very castle. ... Asbel, what's wrong? You're white as a sheet.

Asbel: Lord Leif was a dear friend of mine, y'see. We got separated in Tahra, years ago, an' I've been looking for him ever since. For three whole years I've been searching...

Ced: Then look alive - today is the day you've been waiting for. And the prince, and escape Manster with him. I've ordered all Magi outside the castle to flee Manster as well. We'll be sitting ducks if we stay here much longer.

Asbel: Are you coming with us?

Ced: I... considered it, but I can't. There's many villagers and townfolk left in Manster, they need my aid just as much.

Asbel: You've spent this whole time teachin' me, an' I can't even help you in return? Some appretiance I turned out to be...

Ced: No, this is my choice, Asbel. It's no fault of yours. Besides, all I taught you was that Grafcalibur spell. Do me proud, and use it to protect Prince Leif.

Asbel: Sir Ced, will... will we see each other again?

Ced: If Prince Leif is the hero we've been waiting for, then the long night is finally over, and Thracia will breathe free again. ... We will see each other again, Asbel. Right here in Manster.

Asbel: Manster... ? R-right! Manster it is! Don't you forget it, Sir Ced!

Map
7Wz93Y7.png?1
KRxT3pk.png
Chapter 4x is a short but also hard chapter, one of the hardest chapters in this game. Not only because of restricted sight again, but also there is time pressure. Asbel must be recruited quickly not to get killed.

Asbel
a7IDv4P.png
Asbel is a level 1 mage who does not look impressive at first sight...

uVaEpUM.png
... till you have checked out his weapon. He, not his weapon, is the best thing in the game. It's strong, superaccurate and has a immense critrate. Grafcalibur is the ticket to all bosses in this game because it ignores throneboosts complety. Asbel is the most broken mage in the series and my absolute favorite. 

lQpQYqv.png
He has contiune which will work fantastic since he has fantastic speed growth. Also one movement stat is very helpful.

He will act as NPC. Leif has to talk to him as quick as possible.

Ced
PnDsvRy.png
Ced is already promoted. With his decent defense he can take hits unlike Asvel.

9jZgkCd.png
Forseti is better than Grafcalibur on paper, but Ced is not recruitable right now, so it is only useful in this chapter.

JaSiZQq.png
Sages can use all anima tomes, light magic and staves. He also has continue and even two movement stars.

4ySj3Ik.png
us12PGv.png
ivSkSya.png
The range of enemy's level is pretty huge in this chapter. There are still level 1 weaklings but also powerful knights to take out.

If you have recruited Dalsin, you got a torch. That's how it look like after using it:

ejej5Ox.png
Seriously, look at this crap! A dozen of enemies which can attack me in the first turn. I have to admit these twelve will only move, if someone stands in their attack range, but turtling is the wrong play here because you have to hurry to get Asbel fast. And these knights are really powerful.

9q5wBTD.png
Another problem is that the Light Brand is almost broken, so I have to take them out somehow else. If someone just could use the Flame Sword.

vSGXa04.png
Leif cannot bait too many enemies with almost no uses left of his Light Brand.

Enemy Phase

lkfctwB.png
Ced does well. 

TKPQaib.png
g5eIhZU.png
Oh yeah, >90% miss, I almost forgot about them.

VksOSqx.png
Thankfully they cannot double.

Player Phase

VoGUT5a.png
Thankfully enemies did not move automatically. But still Leif has to move towards door and drag out the reamining enemies.

VYB3oDl.png
DHFsSq1.png
CknrDF8.png
yzmDiVw.png
HP, speed, skill, luck     Four stats is good, but again neither strength nor defense. 

uuGqmPX.png
lWH5RFX.png
C8tMEqf.png
lsZTSOQ.png
With all possible manpower I could take them all out. So far, so good!

35oYVBh.png
I hope it works!

Enemy Phase

iC4WlFV.png
double crit - lol - normally he would have done zero 

h39vx5D.png
another double crit - four crits in a row!

CCvvFRL.png
OUCH!

ZBcjExC.png
Unfortunately Leif cannot double them.

vIokU7D.png
wrath kill

9KONSo3.png
HP, defense

zzNVxHT.png
GUAV8g3.png
another crit

This chapter has been a crit-festival so far. Killing the knights in that way comes absolutely to my favor.

wZT8Lz9.png
HP, speed, skill, luck, defense, magic    Excellent!

CYj2vi2.png
0I1IEcY.png
And another crit!

CMgg3lc.png
Lara opens the first door. I do not know, if it is a bad idea right now. My memories about this chapter is very vague regarding reinforcements. I also do not remember what the benefit is of letting all civilians escape.

Kk3RFDd.png
Next turn I can recruit Asbel. I hope he will survive the two enemies.

2flnCqH.png
barely

iL2Femt.png
He is smart.

P0rpHNl.png

Asbel: I set off after you just as soon as we got separated! Lotta good that did... I couldn't figure out where you'd gone. For the last half year now. I been stickin' around Manster.

Leif: You left Tahra that quickly?! Then... you've spent the last three years looking for me...

Asbel: Of course I did! I promised as you much, remember? With your blade and my magic, we were gonna take Thracia back - together! But you just up an' left me behind! That... that was heartless of you, Leif. Er... Lord Leif.

Leif: I'm sorry. At the time, I didn't have a choice. Tahra had been surrounded by the Empire. I had... I had prepared myself for the very real possibility of dying. When I fled, I never imagined I would make it out alive. I didn't want to drag you down with me, so I left you out of it.

Asbel: What a load of pegasus dung...! We swore to live and die together, didn't we? Or was that whole oath just part of some kids's game? I've spent all these years with those words etched into my mind - and I chose to believe in them. 

Leif: A-Asbel...

Asbel: Lord Leif, if only for my sake, you have to liberate Thracia! Make it so that my years of searching meant something!

RSVM2IF.png<

Both prisoners' cells are open.

So far no reinforcements.

aqSSJ3T.png
I secured the exists not get reinforcements the chance of capturing the people, but there were not any. It was just wasted time.

TIujQ5T.png
Opening these cells is pointless because there's nothing inside.

UTgzS1n.png
Let's see what is behind this door.

KJXdIA5.png
Oh crap!

1FFQG26.png
The enemies are higher leveled but you hardly can see that on their stats.

3HnaX3t.png
4aKw7HW.png
Of course! Instead of activating continue or landing a crit, he gets hit.

zRN2JNK.png
With rescue, take and drop Asbel is safe. Fargus takes the frontline.

9vFEymV.png
crit

U401km7.png
HP, strength, con

OxYbxQG.png
I am glad Fargus could not kill.

rF9kZEI.png
Awesome! He can use the armorslayer and Flame Sword now.

klnbsam.png
A bishop! Leif could crit him with his last two uses of the Light Brand.

DvZpCum.png
HP, skill, speed

I checked out the bishop afterwards:
mcpnnNq.png
He has a stealable physic staff. It is not too bad to miss it since physic requires B rank, and future healers will not join with this rank.

bIHWavU.png
Ced helps me out.

rTzePjt.png
Py8YhRi.png
Broken weapons can be still used in combat, but they have no stats and they have extremly high weight. Another feture which returned in Three Houses.

J94EB3L.png
Effective weapons do triple damage.

KUZytF0.png
dvfaGrK.png
Bk0oY6s.png
magic, speed   That's all he needs!

e5EhQry.png
no more enemies right here

uutsuYz.png
a female thunder mage from nowhere

5bE3oSE.png
fMOcDkK.png
Of course Karin missed once, so Asbel has to kill.

ekkXTe7.png
Another "surprise" is waiting in this chest room which is not shown.

mxEAs1H.png
i4WSXBZ.png
An armor knight with a devil axe. He is extremly powerful, could oneshot Karin.

6J39ikF.png
But he decided to attack Brighton, without success.

GLs0EhC.png
No boss in the exit room.

K320wXN.png
I could capture the devil axe theoretically, but I do not need it right now. Maybe later...

FXU5G3U.png
wMAmrT9.png
Wohoo, a brave sword! Fargus will love it!

The chest left of it has an iron blade inside.

FYZmkUH.png
Enemies are appearing from the entrance after a certain turn. Ced can handle them, whilst everyone can escape.

YK7uFXY.png
XyagnuV.png
This chapter went way better than expected because of tons of crits. Seriously I consider 4x as one of the hardest chapters in the game, at least the first two turn because of so much enemies in the way. 

I think the reinforcements are triggered by turn count, but it is hard to tell with them being randomly spawned.

They do stop eventually, the left and right stairs stop somewhere between turns 20-30 (again hard to pin down due to randomness), and the bottom two at turn 60... Speed runs of this game actually spam the end turn button with troops blocking the spawn points till then to save time.

Alright, I never let that many turns passed (aside of 22), so I did not know.

In general my memories are wonky since it has been almost three years when I played the game the last time. Everything after chapter 5 will be more or less blind since I forgot pretty much everything about them.

Just out of curiosity did you wait for them to leave the map before save stating? I have found the soldiers have odd priority for where they will try to escape to at times.

No

But it is good to know.

I do not even get,why the three NPCs even capture instead of just killing.

Edited by Zemuria

2 hours ago, Zemuria said:

lWH5RFX.png

uutsuYz.png
a female thunder mage from nowhere

5bE3oSE.png
fMOcDkK.png
Of course Karin missed once, so Asbel has to kill.

I am surprised you didn't have Lifis steal a couple of extra tomes for Asvel here, but I guess you brought one for him already.

rF9kZEI.png
Awesome! He can use the armorslayer and Flame Sword now.

Finally. The game is rather cruel with the weapon ranks they gave Fergus, as having that B rank earlier would have made the end of last chapter, or the start of this one so much easier, but I guess it is better late than never.

klnbsam.png
A bishop! Leif could crit him with his last two uses of the Light Brand.

I was a little worried this guy would force a reset when you opened that door, but things turned out OK in the end. Although the broken Light Brand is unfortunate, as it is really useful throughout the entirety of the Manster escape arc.

4 hours ago, Zemuria said:

This chapter went way better than expected because of tons of crits. Seriously I consider 4x as one of the hardest chapters in the game, at least the first two turn because of so much enemies in the way. 

That is what I think of as the most difficult part of the whole Manster escape arc, and you handled those first 2 turns extremely well, so much so that I think you would have made it even without the number of crits you had. You drew in all of the mages first turn with only one of the armors following with everyone able to take the hit if they had to, and after killing them (without any noted crits) everyone that had a chance of being hit could take it. The crits mostly saved you time plus light brand, rapier, and vulnerary uses.

...Wait a minute, I don't see the rapier in any of the images for the last two chapter, did you have 13-14 items (either both inventories full, or one full with the other having 1 slot open) on Lief and Lifis before starting chapter 4? Usually the chests in chapter 4 should have a rapier, a javelin, a vulnerary, and a steel sword, with room for up to 12 extra chest for the Lief and Lifis's equipment, but if they have too many items on them 1-2 of the items (the set 4 included) will not be there. Did the rapier get deleted or have I simply missed it? If you made it through 4x without a rapier that is down right impressive, as the rapier is a low weapon rank armor effective weapon with crit in this game.

On 12/20/2019 at 3:49 PM, Zemuria said:

U39SFQT.png

Wait, why did you bring this one along again? I don't think there's a mage who can use Meteor for you in the early game.

Anyway, as for the earlier posts:

I think it's not a bad thing to use Eyvel as a boss killer in Chapter 1 and 2. The game is already difficult, and it's not terribly difficult to get exp. Maybe give her an Iron Sword for most of the time, as Flame Sword is more valuable in the mid game.

And Tanya is my choice of archer, that mutual support between her and Othin is quite rare, and I take any good support I can get my hand on. The other choice of my archer would be Selphina: mounted, gets the Brave Bow, but unfortunately comes with Accost.

Chapter 5 Part 1

Spoiler

xBTsvSD.png

ym19fAK.png

Eyvel: I can't tell you how glad I am you're safe, Little Nan. Did that maggot Raydrik hurt you?

Nanna: I-I'm fine, but... but Mareeta, she...

Eyvel: Mareeta?! What's happened to my Mareeta?!

Nanna: I don't know, if she's alive... We were separated as soon as we got to the castle.

jUarEcE.png
Xpjq7Df.png
Raydrik will indeed fulfill his "promise"...

VhPYYIP.png
voMI507.png
ZrGU36I.png
... under certain conditions.

Raydrik: Ah, here they come now. Pitfighters, meet Eyvel. Eyvel, pitfighters. You've had your introductions - let it never be said that I'm a poor host.

i5CWj4Z.png
Nanna has to stay back.

Map

77StAgF.png?17x4nItA.png?1
wCMSnRi.pngdptAepx.png?1
Vk6a4Al.pngSbwAfXI.png?1

Chapter 5 is a big, long, hard, but really fun because it has so much stuff going on. It is one of my absolute favorite chapters in FE.

The mission objective is escape once more, but it has multiple side objectives to do.

As you can see Eyvel and Nanna are stuck in a big cell, Raydrik considers as his "arena" in which promoted enemies are waiting for to smack them down. There is an escape door at the top right of the cell. If you do not have a thief along with lockpicks or door keys anymore, then it's not the end of the world, since a few enemies own a door key. You can get them by capturing them. 

Eyvel

RXLF6FB.png
Eyvel has the same stats and experience as after chapter 3. She gets an default iron blade for this chapter. If she has any other weapons or items for this map because you did not take all your stuff from her off before the end of chapter 3, so it is the last chance to do it. I highly recommend to give all her stuff to Nanna.

Nanna

5oOl25n.png
Nanna is a troubadour which means she will get a horse once mounted. Having a mobile healer is great and not only because of that she will become a very essential unit in this run.

nECLZFB.png
She has the Earth Sword (personal weapon) which is magical sword with the nosferatu effect. Once her magic and bulk are better, it will be extrmely helpful for long enemy phases. 

oJt2mKE.png
Charisma gives allies within three tiles next to her +10% hit / evasion which is very helpful.

NvehenC.png
neither movement nor leadership stars

Both have to deal with these dudes

1YnhH0b.png
x6ZnbFT.png
SEXCA4n.png

They do not have the strongest weapons, but they have stats. Good enough to kill Nanna. The task is to keep Nanna out of any enemy's attack range by shieling with Eyvel. Nanna can get the experience by healing.

There is a very important information for this chapter: Eyvel cannot die for plotreasons, but she can get captured. If this happens, Nanna will die for sure and her reunion with Leif would not take place. It would not be an instant Game Over.

lG22E1c.png
lG22E1c.png
WcATkHq.png
A5lJzKD.png

Raydrik and Veld are only here for showcase. They will enjoy Eyvel's and Nanna's perfomance in the arena. So I will not get into details with them right now.

Outside of the cell Leif and co have to go a long and tedious way around with facing multiple groups of various types enemies:

YXmo9Dz.png
SZugAjd.png
A first a couple of mages and sword armors each.

igzm0OU.png
LNjijE5.png
Next pack will be some powerful archers. Longbows do not attack from three range. They are just stronger than iron bows.

vcVt7H7.png
VczdSns.png
Among them there is a miniboss. He is quite poweful. He cannot be captured because the only unit with the required con, Dalsin, would not deal any damage unless he crits.

Zjhphvt.png
Third wave is javelin soldiers...

RKf9GW7.png
... and a meteor mage! Thankfully he does not move.

2n4tHGp.png
In the cells on the left, you say welcome to dark magic!

PZZNKUr.png
Jormundgand is the most common dark spell in the game, and one of the most annoying ones as well. Not only because it hits hard - if it hits - but it also poisons the opponent. And this is the perfect transition to tell something about status affects. Status affects endure the entire chapter unless it has been restored. That means a poisoned unit will lose HP till the rest of the chapter since I do not have a restore staff yet and there is none to capture or steal. Poison can kill in this game, so beware!

LHoyHHr.png
The final group consists of fire and thunder mages. Unlike the others they will automatically move towards you. It is a like race. You have to open the cell's door before them to have enough preparation to get rid of them.

yfK0yx6.png
There is a sniper among them who does not move.

YBEJCTQ.png
These knights are too strong than to send someone in the attack range of all of them. Asbe will bait one knight in EP.

before first enemy phase, the first story event

6gxwVGB.png

Veld: For the Baron of such a troubled area as Manster, you seem to have an abundance of free time. These theatrics are not what you promised you would spend your resources on.

Raydrik: I am... certain Your Eminence will enjoy the spectacle I've prepared.

Veld: *sigh* Oh, very well. I could do with a moment's diversion.

Raydrik: Well, it's all in her hands now... That "Swordmaster" better live up to her name. And now the star takes center stage! Heh, heh, heh... Tch... In the end, she was a shadow of what the rumors made her out to be.

tPNPo2A.png
EPIC CRITICAL - Swordmasters and Leif are dancing in the skies.

The enemies in the arena benefit from Raydrik's authority stars.

dZtKM3y.png
dZtKM3y.png
HP, magic, skill, speed, luck     AWESOME!

vA32lFf.png
as mentioned the moving mages

5z5Ij6C.png
More tomes for Asbel. I was asked, if have stolen tomes for him, and the answer is yes. I stole a fire tome from the only mage from chapter 3. Also meteor's weapon rank is way too high right now, true, but sometime Asbel will reach it. And the alternative is to make money from it.

mY6DeF3.png

4BiyoL0.png
4BiyoL0.png
speed, con

UedgIBW.png
unxhXI3.png
HP, skill

First group is defeated.

CHVXTZV.png
Found a safe spot for Nanna.

second story event before second enemy phase

ig0DaBl.png

Raydrik: Hah... Bring the girl out!

ZBZLRMY.png
A myrmdion appears - it's obvious who it is...

LnhU9a2.png
KGjsYx0.png
Something is wrong with her. She does not respond.

AVqThK1.png
E6HYizA.png
3yqJaWd.png
She was brainwashed.

mXAXuZ5.png
Yeah, yeah, Raydrik finally fulfilled his "promise"...

PdKOxq4.png
He gave a blade to her which possessed her.

Raydrik: It's an exceptional blade, straight from the treasure vault inside this very castle. ... The Shadow Blade, I believe it's called.

Eyvel: The Shadow Sword, a cursed blade... You're trying to turn my Mareeta into one of your damned pitfighters with your little gift?

Raydrik: My gift is cursed, you say? Well, it's the first time I'm hearing of it.

Eyvel: I'll rip that lying tongue right of your mouth! How... how dare you do this to Mar-

Raydrik: Amusing as your threats are, shouldn't you be worrying about yourself right now? The Shadow Sword bears incredible power - as exceptional gift for an exceptional woman! Ahahaha... !

Eyvel: Raydrik... !

CZFZeEk.png
S5mvmOW.png
No chance... she moves instantly towards Eyvel.

hpV6AJt.png

Mareeta
RsUaBzx.png
Mareeta comes up with the mentioned Shadow Sword which made her possessed and doing everything Lopto wishes to. For being level 7 she does not look to frightening at first sight...

aePloFS.png
rqgySlC.png
... but she comes up with two amazing skills. First she has luna and second she can ignore the activation of enemy's skill(s).

x1Ri8N2.png
Nihil comes from her sword which also has a Brave Sword effect. (I believe she has Nihil anyways)

As for this fight Eyvel does not (counter)attack her. Still you may kill her. I believe it is not entirely forced to make progress in the chapter, but I will try to do it.

0JgivET.png
This is the must have positioning. The opponent below Eyvel can be attacked through the wall.

ZZBrXm0.png
rgmkcAz.png
I will only steal his stuff. 

wgQFJOC.png
Lara's level up

0SV5C56.png
Lithis's level up   Another good one for him!

FNbmCtw.png
iGhzcZv.png
This warrior can be killed by Nanna hopefully.

third event after the end of third enemy phase

huIXiAz.png

Veld: The memories of her mother make her falter and hesitate. Her emotions dull the sword's strength has the as running its edge across stone. She's like a caged animal, desperately throwing herself against her binds. Or have you not even noticed her tears, you imbecile?

707xr7m.png
She missed...

67jXdQf.png
... so Fargus have to get this kill.

xXk4rJ5.png
HP, speed    Seriously get some defense!

ZmYwBvt.png
Thanks to move again he can bait a soldier. I would be preferable if the entire group moved at once.

50TIQND.png
Eyvel will dodge EVERYTHING now.

InK4c6U.png

CWqRgw3.png
EDDxQux.png
unfortunately neither adept nor crit

arbSpYi.png
Unfortunately the soldiers did not move.

FeZVSjT.png
HP   She is really bad. I will drop her soon.

yHTXW0a.png
A rare moment - Lara kills something.

Nanna heals Eyvel for experience.

P0sJ4Vp.png

FzJm5KU.png
Enemy with physic heals Mareeta.

5gMc7XK.png
uzOhAXB.png
tDaHlFq.png
Fargus and Asbel will be the MVPs in this chapter.

oUoDntP.png
I won the race against the mages. I can open door safely... if Mareeta is defeated.

AYCrUSy.png
trying again

Eo2Ru3X.png
crit - YES! 

svWA25I.png
Seeing this quote is fine.

ubAvDLn.png
HP, magic, speed, luck

If she is killed, the final story segment of this chapter is going to happen.

zc4kSc9.png

Eyvel: Raydrik, you hellspawn... As long my heart beats, I'll never forgive you...

Raydrik: Th-The woman's a beast...! Fine, the girl wasn't enough for you?! Let's see how you do against my entire garrison!

D28ZirD.png
Veld has an other idea...

xLyuCdh.png
She warps Eyvel to himself...

vNejh8F.png
... to turn her into stone.

tY7Eu65.png
Zm1nUO6.png
fP5QyvT.png

ESwFJT0.png
... This is why chapter 5 of FE5 is one of the most depressing chapters in FE. The title mother and daughter stand for a reunion, but for a bittersweet one.

@Eltosian Kadath

I did not get a rapier at any point of this run.

That said all chests for chapter 4 were reserved, so it's probably that I have sent too much stuff to Leif and Lithis before the end of chapter 3.

Edited by Zemuria

3 hours ago, Zemuria said:

Also meteor's weapon rank is way too high right now, true, but sometime Asbel will reach it. And the alternative is to make money from it.

Getting Asbel the weapon ranks to use Meteor is an absolute pain, as he needs to cast something silly like 200 fire spells to get the rank. Miranda is your best bet for using Meteo before getting Ced, as she only needs 60-70 uses to get there, but she comes under leveled in the B route, so people rarely use her despite how interesting she is as a character.

svWA25I.png
Seeing this quote is fine.

Whoa you killed her. I have only ever captured her, or opened the door for the villains to warp her away. It is going to be interesting to see how/if future events are changed by this...

Chapter 5 Part 2

Spoiler

BzjiVoN.png
Raydrik and Veld left the map.

Eyvel remain as statue. Stoned units have zero in each combat stat which is basically the same as in FE8. However they cannot be restored with a restore staff. A stoned unit unit can be only restored with a certain staff. To get this one certain requirements must be met. For a long time you will not see Eyvel in action...

Also more facts about this chapter:

The more enemies you will defeat in the arena - who is not Mareeta - the more and stronger enemies will spawn. It goes up to a maxed level and stats hero with broken skills, multiple movement and leadership stars. It requires incredible luck to kill him (most likely only with Grafcalibur). To avoid this situation, open the door or kill Mareeta as quickly as possible to let Raydrik and Veld disappear.

Also the dialogues change whether Mareeta was killed.

After opening the arena door:

c4EmF10.png
6gGAO8d.png
6c5CpcB.png
YVXOo1G.png
If Mareeta was alive when the door was opened, Eyvel would have not been turned into stone yet and had a conversation with Leif. I unlocked pretty much the worst possible dialogues in this run.

wVbJErz.png
By Raydrik's leave this swordmaster does not benefit from leadership stars anymore.

X6s2Zjf.png
HP, luck

MiFmc9k.png
aQ7Pqpc.png
QoqKB1l.png
Z76gYLu.png
Nanna must be rescued at once.

Ujn9KbF.png
The group of mages reached me. With the stolen pure water I would have used Asbel to solo them (remember magic = resistance), but I need him to take out that berserker.

shK0RrW.png
oDTfgkZ.png
crit

do9cT9A.png
fdWjBbu.png
Fargus missed, so I have no other chance anymore than to take the risk killing him in close combat.

7OQptHP.png
*good

sBtP8ZL.png
HP

oNR7RtY.png
Everyone will be fine.

r1G2m2L.png
crit

hy9iwbc.png
HP, skill

ZGqPMYK.png
Leif was captured because I had taken all his weapons off before. You can see if this happens, it is not an instant Game Over since he can be recaptured just by killing the enemy.

dcjJ4Se.png
y4dnFP8.png
He's back. And he can even still act. 

GdKKH6Y.png
Jv26eIQ.png
WNoIgPj.png
HP, magic

tES9Bxu.png
ztqMrj0.png
HP, strength, magic, skill, speed, luck    Oh man, that's my boy!

buI0kES.png
One mage with a tome remanins.

ktIND2e.png
Enemy's staves can miss too.

V5ZK1lC.png
Also staves can be activated twice in an action. I do not know if it applies to all staves, but it definitely goes for all staves which restore HP.

9O98QDv.png
Going to bait the archers.

X6AR0s6.png
zHDklSH.png
HP, con   Wow, I cannot remember him having such a good con. 

WmqbKoB.png
Again, not the entire group moved automatically.

zheNuGI.png
HP, speed

qdzK0tB.png
Fargus takes the job with the knowledge he would not survive all hits.

l3qGnL5.png
wpXd785.png
strength, skill, speed

suXeVmE.png
j35C0si.png
MX4JVns.png
Shit, this was close!

The miniboss has no quotes at all.

OKgcSVw.png
HP, magic, luck, defense  Finally defense! This Fargus is good so far.

mcZIQ8B.png
ThmBzZV.png
vulnerary stolen

cTs4YAU.png
HP, skill   She's disappointing so far.

6JHcEA1.png
KBVf9aP.png
strength, speed, defense    He's also better than expected.

hzfCJuh.png
EXPLOSION

QFv6Nwv.png
Dalsin drags out the other remaining soldiers. He can take hits of them and the meteor sage.

OQEF1sW.png
Explosion misses again.

oSmbugG.png
OA2CBWW.png
HP, strength

H3YnBPy.png
Unfortunately have to use precious Grafcalibur to take him out.

4dRABdg.png
HP, speed, defense

aOyMuoq.png
HP, skill, speed, luck

wIfS7RX.png
lSpGYgS.png
spirit dust

I have no idea which designer came to that idea to place a treasure chest so far away. It has no point except for wasting time and turns.

FiBMqeb.png
HP   She will be benched unless she will be killed before.

MIv3uBg.png
HP, skill, speed, luck     I will give the Heim's Scroll to her in the next chapter since her strength and especially magic leave to be desired.

j9a18ty.png
E39yqFa.png
Landed a crit.

HxXozpC.png
HP, speed

Asbel remains poisoned till the end of the chapter.

Nanna heals him to let him survive the other Jormungand.

OwxMstU.png
SpawOcs.png
HP, speed, con

Asbel has used about the half of his Grafcalibur so far. I will try to reduce its uses from now on. 

MjjBG6K.png
Lithis steals thunder from the other mage.

Only the silver bow archer remains...

SvBS4w5.png
... who missed.

sN8QMe2.png
This guy has high evasion, so I had to use the Brave Sword to kill him.

EOcFJie.png
HP, strength, magic, skill      This Fargus is very well balanced without scrolls.

Enemies are gone. Just have to open the two remaining treasures:

aKtMXuK.png
GBimaMq.png
For Marty?

qO6BmvV.png
For Lara!

91iT1ul.png
HP, speed    At least she's speedy.

XWPP7gv.png
Unfortunately Lithis does not have the required con to steal it.

I made a total stupid here by ignoring this healer. Unarmed enemies can be captured without combat. In that case it would mean a free physic staff. I missed the golden opportunity to get one on the easiest way.

Anyways chapter 5 is done!

Ydnt7Wu.png
3urtuge.png
Leif and Nanna have a special escape quote right here.

The probably hardest part of the game is done. Now the paradise is waiting for me. Seriously chapter 5 is a chapter in which so much stuff is going on and requires knowledge not to get desperated. In my first run I let this maxed level guy appear in the arena who I actually could manage to beat. Still there is no need to take an artificial challenge like that.

Good grief that chapter was stressful to watch !

"Eyvel... I'm sorry. I'll always honor your sacrifice" of being left behind until the very last moments of the game, in which case she will be utterly useless in total opposite of the start. 😛
Big brain time, you said you were going to recruit everyone, not to keep them alive. 😛

It's funny how Olwen and Sety just dominated the poll.

(Merry Christmas btw)

Edited by B.Leu

Figures you wouldn't get to keep an OP unit like Eyvel for the entire earlygame. Gotta say, that was some heavy stuff right there. Good on you, FE5.
Sadly, Raydrick and Veld feel like generic doomsday villains for now. Let's hope that changes a bit in the coming chapters!

18 hours ago, Zemuria said:

Also staves can be activated twice in an action. I do not know if it applies to all staves, but it definitely goes for all staves which restore HP.

Its healing staves only, and only if it fails to fully heal the target with the first use (or misses the first use...). The SF calculation page has it as a [(Speed + Skill + Luck) / 2] % chance of happening.

18 hours ago, Zemuria said:

Seriously chapter 5 is a chapter in which so much stuff is going on and requires knowledge not to get desperated. In my first run I let this maxed level guy appear in the arena who I actually could manage to beat. Still there is no need to take an artificial challenge like that.

Whoa, you actually took out Galzus in this chapter. The only time I bothered spawning him in, I remember him retreating back through the gate that he entered from after the doors open, but that might be dependent on how things turned out with the battle in the arena.

Chapter 6 Part 1

Spoiler

j6oKKKl.png

LA9zZdx.png
Augustus is back!

Augustus: Planning your rescue, but it seems that was unnecessary. Clearly you're safe and sound, but... you look as if your mind is in great turmoil.

Leif: I've never hated the Empire more than I do in this moment, Augustus. They snatched my parents from this world, and now they're taken my mother from me all over again... Raydrik is little more than their hand, committing untold evil at their behest! Augustus, show me to wage war against them! I'll... I'll do anything to get her back! Just tell me what I need to do! 

Augustus: Lady Eyvel was turned into stone by some foul magic, you say? If that is the case, then you... must accept that she is gone, Prince Leif.

Leif: Wh... what kind of talk is that!? Isn't there some way to undo what's happened to her?!

Augustus: Well, there's a sacred artifact, the Staff of Kia, that can reverse the process of petrification. Yet the enemy is still one step ahead of us: long ago, archbishop Manfroy of the Loptian Order placed a seal upon the staff that prevents anyone not of his bloodline using it. 

Leif: Manfroy's bloodline... So then...

Augustus: There's is mere rumor, but it is said that a hidden shrine to Loptous lies deep within the Yied Desert. Countless warriors who defied the Loptians and were turned to stone are kept within its forbidden halls. Amongst them, some say you can even find the young rebels who fell in the battle of Behalla so many years ago. If true, I imagine Lady Eyvel's petrified form would also be kept as a trophy there. 

Leif: That's... That's nonsense! Utter nonsense!

Augustus: Is it? What you call "utter nonsense" is the state of our world! Do you doubt how much power the Loptian Order holds? Look around you! In the Thracian Peninsula alone, thousands - no tens of thousands of children have been seized and sent to Belhalla! In places where the Order's influence runs strong, places like your native Manster, they possess near - total authority! Throughout Manster, you'll see nary a single child still free!

Leif: Do parents feel nothing when their children are stolen from them!? Why aren't they fighting this!?

Augustus: Of course people fight this - they resist however they can, not just in Manster but everywhere the Empire has dominion. But they're simple folk with no real weapons! They could never match the might of the Imperial Army, let alone the Loptian Order! Any who do try are arrested and executed - at best! The Order's Elite unit of sorcerers, the Welkenrosen, use methods that are the very definition of cruelity: they don't merely execute rebels, they burn down everyone in their village at the stake! From all this, the men and women from Judgral have lost their faith to fight - they are little more than slaves now. Make no mistake: the Dark Age is upon us once again. 

Leif: Is there no real end of their heartlessness...?

Augustus: North Thracia was once defined by its clear skies and lush, verdant fields - but the land is now beset by dark clouds that blot out the sun. ... Prince Leif, your loyality to Lady Eyvel is admirable, but a more important task stands before you. North Thracia needs a hero to rally behind, someone who will reinvigorate the people's will to fight and assemble them into an army. Call such heroism whatever you like - whether through bravery or ingenuity, you must rise above the obstacles before you. Prince Leif, you carry the blood of the loyal Quan and the just maiden Ethlyn. Their strengths, their deeds, live on in you. Do you realize what that means? If their heir to House Leonster were to raise an army, all those in North Thracia who opposse the Empire would unite behind them. If such a thing were occur, perhaps - just perhaps - the Empire and the Loptians could be driven from Thracia. 

Leif: I refuse to abandon the Commander, but I understand your reasoning, Augustus. If I could become the rallying figure for the liberation of Thracia, if I could rebuild Leonster and lead its army to crush the Empire... It would be nothing short of what Finn and I have dreamed off far as long as far I can remember. Augustus, if you would join me as my tactician and advisor, there is no hardship I would be unwilling to endure! But... is defeating the Empire even possible?

Augustus: Yes, but leave the details for another time - for now, we must focus on our escape.

HZgSfoi.png
IVgBgZN.png
Augustus gives advices how to play the upcoming map.

hFL9KEp.png
It seems to be a stealth chapter.

vjiqojR.png
Karin's mobility will come handy.

jgaksuQ.png
Oh boy!

Map

6ZMw6PH.pnghgpHZs1.png
K6T4ahi.png5UiFUDV.png

Chapter 6 is another escape mission, but this time it is "real" escape mission. Unlike the former ones it has an indirect timer. You do not have to escape within in a certain turnlimit, but the more turns are passed, the more and stronger reinforcements will appear to catch you. 

Another interesting fact is that there are multiple ways to play this chapter. As Augustus suggested you could ignore the pack in the middle and sneak around, or you could try solo the knights and mages with Asbel. In my past runs I used latter strategy, then to advance with everyone to the big central path downwards. Below of the two tiles main door there are three escape spots (not shown in the map). All villages give you something, if all civilians from chapter 4x escaped. Letting them escape will be rewarded in this chapter. 

16N8lp0.png
sUTh4VH.png
aoXo96e.png
These knights and mages in the middle are higher level and have better weapons than all the faced enemies before.

slT7QIl.png
Also two meteor bishops. Thankfully they are stationary.

Twt5pOu.png
h2HCrWd.png
The boss is a general. He is not bad, only his two authority stars are annoying.

G49Afxj.png
cApIs4v.png
These enemies near the villages are weaklings. 

0nYutts.png
eXuimSW.png
qwbo5RL.png
Asbel shall solo the central pack. Holy water will help him to withstand the mages.

Everyone else moves around.

RzzNymn.png
What a bad start...

nzJDc13.png
XKRup45.png
rm3VGs7.png
At least first enemy was the only one who could hit him, so it's fine.

mwiaRTP.png
skill     Don't let get confused by that magic stat. The pure water is included.

wMaxSZB.png
ggJbxdu.png
OBBsa9w.png
8fmDgm2.png
My first Rapier. Apparently it is possible to get it before, if nether Leif nor Lithis used all slots before the end of chapter 3.

wj9imRT.png
As in other games it is effective against cavaliers and armor knight. Otherwise it is weak, but very accurate and light.

FWkw9eR.png
round 2 for Asbel

3T97SHo.png
ufw3GVU.png
EI3oE1T.png
better

I should have brought Nanna next to him to let him benefit from her charme skill. Actaully Nanna with her earth sword and holy water is also a good contender to solo these enemies, if she has the AS to double the knights and the guarantee to absorb taken damage.

HiNgTIz.png
HP, speed, luck 

qKjJWDY.png

ZQjMbE1.png
Against my hopes the boss did not move although Asbel was in his attack range. This means I could not get rid of the authority stats. I will retreat by letting Karin rescue him.

xw9FJkM.png

vPaHA2v.png
Jy1NSed.png
Vswm6gh.png
buOTaM9.png
eIoTIRS.png
QWWCXXX.png
new unit

Hicks

p1xJyhl.png
lmxg8wx.png
yb3wShE.png
Hicks is another axe knight. His stats look very comparable to Brighton. Hicks's only downside is that he has no skill. A tanky and powerful Brighton can definitely bring more on the table than Hicks. Still he could be a good substitution unit, I guess.

ArXgQQg.png
This enemy actually survives.

j1IBVCe.png
Hicks can poke these knights. His defense is high enough to take a few hits.

2SpbqTC.png
Hicks has a really cool design with the purple shield.

zueFcbQ.png
The knights and mages excluding boss moved towards me. I have no problem with that at all.

RnRz67m.png
ZPJiqsU.png
HykMPwd.png
some kills

3GCd3wS.png
VlunZ1A.png
msKE9RQ.png
AxwLq4X.png
QXCHtDo.png
2Gjhe6E.png
Oh yes, the first promotion item!

Everyone aside of Leif can be promoted at level 10. Since caps are generic and low with 20, there is no reason not to promote anyone as soon as possible. New classes give the opportunity to use new weapons or staves, so make use of the masterseals soon enough.

VtanoFw.png
eUXGJZZ.png
I underrestimated these soldiers who carry a long lance and deal serious damage.

1J9pDX2.png
The rest of the battalion. I try to take them all out in this turn.

R0XCoUc.png
20dHrrt.png
HP, skill, speed

zCm5j6T.png
I changed my plan. Nanna shall deal with them despite have the certainty she will not be able to kill anyone aside with a crit.

mHWhjCF.png
If she encounters in close range the earth sword deals physical damage. That's why the dealt damage to the knight is so low here. It applies to all magic swords.

yuPNeg2.png
52C4eYt.png
Twuirch.png
wZxdgVp.png
No kill... as expected

N3FY6oJ.png
HP, skill, speed, luck, defense, con   It is amusing that she has not the most important stats once. She has an antipathy to strength as her boyfriend.

pNAharg.png
g6zLVQB.png
HP, strength, skill, speed, defense     This Brighton seems to be blessed so far. I like it!

bZixIUD.png
Now I take them all out.

vJQMD0l.png
rj6CrQi.png
BEIfaZv.png
dQtFFCJ.png
XVBqR9i.png
Unlike in other games I do not complain about that since it is the only game I actually use them.

zTim8rS.png
59Svgyn.png
h9oh7xe.png
eoIhyJg.png
mag, skill, defense

pF5pKAR.png
Eln0orm.png
Lithis disabled the last enemy of this pack.

On 12/26/2019 at 9:56 AM, B.Leu said:

Big brain time, you said you were going to recruit everyone, not to keep them alive. 😛

I have not mentioned it explicit, but this run also includes all sidemissions since most of them include a recruitable unit.

Also recruit does not include re-recruit, so that's why I left Ronan dead.

On 12/26/2019 at 2:13 PM, DragonFlames said:

Raydrick and Veld feel like generic doomsday villains for now. Let's hope that changes a bit in the coming chapters!

Personally I like Raydrik's perception in this game. He shows his cruelty very well in his conversations imo.

About Veld I do not want to spoiler that much aside that he is not very remarkable for me.

Edited by Zemuria

Chapter 6 Part 2

Spoiler

KWFRZZO.png
wJw88XD.png
iK3Z9b5.png
G6s9Wk0.png
CYiNReW.png
zZb4AC3.png
OeNMEeh.png
A paragon skill scroll. As the name says it doubles the battle experience. As earlier mentioned in FE5 skill scrolls can be obtained and given to any character. However if someone got taught that skill to an unit, it cannot be removed anymore, much less passed to someone else. 

IHsGit8.png
This door cannot be opened by a thief...

uC3vWHD.png
... but don't worry it opens automatically, if someone stands nearby. I am certain it does not have to be a thief.

Asbel is going to drag out the boss.

PPs7ZZP.png
toSo3Se.png
Bye bye!

Vm9lyas.png
HP, skill

muVdpTm.png
This chapter is nearly done.

9gnJgdK.png
Just the meteor bishops are left.

7oLVgCU.png
First units are going to escape.

h7Mli91.png
comgviG.png
HP, strength, skill, speed, defense, luck   WOW!!!

8vN4eRG.png
WBZAXU4.png
strength, speed, defense, con    This Fergus is awesome! In general the level ups have been much better than the early chapters.

Mm4ddi1.png
fo8OjGz.png
wzmUgz8.png
UombJ5e.png
CanxOVG.png
ZSC8Sk0.png
8y6cfOZ.png
Someone with bad skill needs it. A certain lord might gonna get it.

KrmdtFx.png
speed, luck

The chapter is over on paper. Just doing a few preparations for the next chapter.

Karin uses the life ring and the paragon scroll:

OpF3qXx.pngTOjIa46.png

Asvel uses the master seal:

Vp7l1OM.png
ne8vU0t.png
Asbel is a sage and can use staves now. Promotion gains are really huge, so another reason to promote asap. 

I told you that this chapter is a timer. These upcoming screenshots show what I meant:

Wk5Q474.pngdbrHdUo.png
After turn 13 cavalier reinforcements from two sides appear.

XhiV6fA.png
They are not too frightening tbh.

However if two more turns are passed, this is going to happen:

R3wjIDc.png
w2srsyk.png
EKD4Tcd.png
Raydrik gets paniced and summons the greatest warrior in Thracia...

spQlOJ9.png
UGMrkFj.png
sG7fxBE.png
3VAQpdw.png
o9Wunvt.png
... Galzus, GALZUS THE HUNTER! He will hunt for blood. This guy will murder anyone who will come across his way. He has several stats maxed, comes with a more powerful version of a brave sword, two deadly skills and five (!!!) movement stats. His chance of moving again is 25%. Galzus is also the guy who might show up in chapter 5, if all arena enemies aside of Mareeta were killed. That said he is incredibly dangerous, but it is not impossible to kill him like with a promoted Asbel since the mastersword "only" has one range. However I do not know how beneficial it is to kill Galzus

Spoiler

since he is recruitable later on.

The best advice is to be near the end or already beaten the chapter before turn 15.

Anyways about time to leave!

FOmWGNh.png
Raydrik receives the bad news...

Soldier: We... We offer our deepest apologies, sire! We're truly sorry!

Raydrik: Your apologies are as empty as your brains! Clearly, this requires a man of greater intellect... Send for General Eisenhau and his knights immediately! He is to lead the troops to pursuit of these upstart rebels. If they escape into Thracia proper, there's no end to the trouble they cause...

Soldier: At once, milord!

Raydrik: Hold! What become of that girl... Mareeta was it? I've not seen her since the fiasco started... 

Soldier: ... I'm aware of that fate, Baron Raydrik, but I... wished to inform you later, when you were in a better mood... Someone attacked the guards that were stationed, and made off with her. I... I cannot begin to express my apologies, sire!

Raydrik: ... I swear, I've never encountered a group of adults more incaple of being useful... Do you buffons even have a clue who this assailant was!?

Soldier: There's no doubt they were quite skilled, based on what's left of the guards... But one of our own claims to have seen that sellsword, Galzus, near the site of the attack. Are you certain we can trust him?

Raydrik: No... Galzus!?

Soldier: What's more, another man is sure he's seen a Brand on Galzus's back: the mark of Od, to be more precise. Though if it's true, it would mean he's part of the Isaachian royal family...

Raydrik: Hmph... I'm already aware of his heritage. I'm not so foolish as to hire a sellsword without knowing everyone about him. He is indeed Isaachain royality, cousin of Prince Shanan, in fact. With the deaths of his kin, he's technically the Prince of Rivough, himself.

Soldier: B-But Prince Shanan is one of the most influential rebel leaders! Are we to open this castle to a man who shares his blood?

Raydrik: ... I can see I'll have to spell this out for you. Galzus's kin, the royal family of Rivough, betrayed their home kingdom of Isaach and were killed for it. The man leading the troops that defeated them was none other than Shanan's grandfather, King Mananan. Since then, Galzus endured nothing but hardship from a very young age. Do you honestly think a man would ever help the likes of Shanan and his rebels?

Soldier: I see your point...

Raydrik: Ah, then Galzus would have every reason to free that girl, wouldn't he? She bore the Brand of Od on her back as well... Heh, heh, heh...

Soldier: Uh, sire?

Raydrik: Mm... it's nothing you need to concern yourself with. We can't do anything about the girl now, but as for Galzus? Our position is too vulnerable to risk losing him. Don't act against him unless I say otherwise.

Edited by Zemuria

5 hours ago, Zemuria said:

qwbo5RL.png
Asbel shall solo the central pack. Holy water will help him to withstand the mages.

I usually have Lief and Nanna behind him to boost that evasion by 20, but I guess it all worked out in the end.

8y6cfOZ.png
Someone with bad skill needs it. A certain lord might gonna get it.

I tend to give this to a healer to get them to cap out staff accuracy easier.

Raydrik: Hold! What become of that girl... Mareeta was it? I've not seen her since the fiasco started... 

Soldier: ... I'm aware of that fate, Baron Raydrik, but I... wished to inform you later, when you were in a better mood... Someone attacked the guards that were stationed, and made off with her. I... I cannot begin to express my apologies, sire!

Raydrik: ... I swear, I've never encountered a group of adults more incaple of being useful... Do you buffons even have a clue who this assailant was!?

Soldier: There's no doubt they were quite skilled, based on what's left of the guards... But one of our own claims to have seen that sellsword, Galzus, near the site of the attack. Are you certain we can trust him?

Raydrik: No... Galzus!?

Soldier: What's more, another man is sure he's seen a Brand on Galzus's back: the mark of Od, to be more precise. Though if it's true, it would mean he's part of the Isaachian royal family...

I was getting a bit worried when there were no images from the scene where Galzus passes Mareeta on to Cyas, but this gives me some hope she might still be recruitable...maybe...I hope...

The name Hicks is hilarious to me, because it's written the same way you'd write out the sound of a hiccup in German.

How many uses does the Grafcalibur have, because I've noticed that Asvel used it on practically everyone this chapter. Let's hope it holds out some more!

Things seem to be going smoothly for now. Good luck in the coming chapters!

Chapter 7

Spoiler

sbbDnbA.png

h6z7a7J.png

Augustus: There are two options: first, you could flee through the mountain range to the west, and lose the knights in the rocky terrain. Second, you could seek refuge in Castle Meath. In either case, it will be necessary to petition Thracia for aid immediately.

Leif: A-Ask Thracia for aid!? That's absurd! Those damnable cowards took everything from me: my kingdom, my mother, my father... I'll not come crawling to them with cup in hand! 

Augustus: Do you expect to fight off the Knights of Manster with the strength of your pride alone? We are not fighting to satisfy your own sense of vengeance, my prince - we fight to liberate North Thracia from the tyranny of the Empire. You yourself said that there was "no hardship you would be unwilling to endure" to accomplish this. Did you think the only kind of hardship in this war would be from battle?

Leif: ... Even supposing I did agree. What makes you think we can trust Thracia? They're allies of the Empire!

Augustus: And if foreign invaders amass at their borders, they'll respond with force all the same. I imagine the retaliation from General Hannibal of Meath would be especially great. He's a famed military leader that the people reverse as the "Shield of Thracia". Between us and Raydrik's men, who do you think he would help?

Leif: .... I understand. We'll take refuge in Castle Meath, and head for Tahra afterward.

Augustus: You want to make for Tahra... ? As in, the city refusing to take part in child hunts? The same city being besieged by the Imperial Army for their rebellion? Going there with the small of force we have now is certain death. Does my prince wish an early grave?

Leif: Tahra is... my home away from home, you could say. The Duke of Tahra sheltered me for years and was killed by the Empire for it. I have many friends, Augustus. I won't abandon them now!

Augustus: ... Very well, but let's discuss this later. Right now, focus on the escape!

Yz0q2Md.png
Shiva is back.

Map

SSOfhjq.png
2zzaDMT.png
fkDzN1T.png
agExyiR.png?1

This map is odd, not for the fact it's the vertical which is unusal for FE, but for other things. First Shiva is back.

Shiva

8ok7LtN.png
nAvVry6.png
Shiva returns with the same level and equipment as in 2x. To recruit Shiva,

1. chapter 2x must be unlocked
  2. he must survive in 2x
  3. Safiya - who will appear later - has to talk to him

If you didn't fulfill the first two reuquirements, Shiva and his squad do not appear on this map. That means you have basically no enemy in your way to Meath Castle at bottom of the map. The group of bandits can be easily skipped. This makes this chapter become strange. Though reinforcements will appear, but there is an easy trick to prevent them (what I did not do). 

Still I recommend to deal with all these enemies in the chapters because some of them drop very nice stuff:

bW9n7Jl.png
7fgYPlq.png
oGVRNXc.png
zkrjxz5.png

There is even more like a killing edge and a silver sword from Shiva's mercenaries.

And there are few villages to visit:

NWHzPvb.png
XIk070m.png
qEC51jW.png
bG4QdDE.png
RQh5Gqd.png
With the lack on restore staves, antitoxins are godly right now.

EWq26AR.png
xXAJzZw.png
5OTvAHc.png
4v1lgTs.png
qjsTx4K.png
mnkMMPM.png
xx0OiP5.png
kZvicbO.png
fIMC0Bz.png
nice!

After turn 1:

i9EwbN3.png

Soldier: A group of suspicious characters were making their way down the mountains near here, so we saw fit to arrest them. I reckon they're bandits from the eastern frontier.

Hannibal: Hmm... what have they to say for themselves?

Soldier: "We're just villagers." and other obvious tripe. What kind of villagers trek through the Thracian mountains? They must be up to something - otherwise, why lie? What's more, we saw what looked like a knight among them, but the man escaped. We've assembled search parties to find him.

Hannibal: Understood. I'll go have a word with the prisoners myself. In the meantime, there's some sort of commotion over in Manster. Raydrik may be up to something... Let's not give the Twofeld Traitor any opening, eh?

Soldier: Hah! Of course, milord!

fzLUAm8.png
Xi9KHfO.png
Finn and Safiya are back.

Finn: Not at all. Your presence has been most heartening - but where I go, I'm not certain I could protect you.

Safiya: When I left Tahra, I sword to Saint Heim that, for those willing to defend the city, there was nothing I wouldn't do. If I can Lord Leif - and in so doing, help Tahra - then I must. We are both bound by duty, Sir Finn. Allow me to uphold my own oath.

Finn: ... I understand, Sister. Let's get moving before we lose any more daylight.

NFwQ0wM.png
tf5Zmy0.png
Safiya and Finn also have their equipment and level like before the group split. Finally I can restore the Light Brand and Grafcalibur.

TnDxXOS.png

After turn 2:

D1mthpZ.png
Raydrik and a paladin show up.

xzUFQ4k.png
jiLudk2.png
S5DnOYM.png
Asu60P4.png
N3ltZgL.png
vD1fLRA.png
zOEvvRR.png
Raydrik's final chance now to catch Leif and friends.

KSsQKCX.png
cavalier reinforcements

nNwEKlZ.png
dv4YjQO.png
2LQXAAE.png
Cavaliers with 1-2 range lances and all have a rapier. Getting a rapier would be awesome, but unfortunately I sent Lithis to the bandits to steal the holy waters from them. Since mounted units cannot be captured, I cannot grab all the rapiers.

5z8D4lc.png
fu7Oue2.png
The boss is nothing special. Asbel would make swiss cheese of him. He will not move. As long he is alive, he will let spawn cavalier reinforcements in every single enemy phase. However there is a cheap trick to prevent it: Anyone has to stand on the tile where the boss will appear. He will not appear and only the first wave of reinforcements will spawn.

VGtYjCu.png
Shiva is going for Finn and Safiya which is excellent for me because I do not need Karin as carrier anymore.

MHz0Bhk.png
JMACWiN.png
speed

dgHZbCd.png
Once more Asbel takes them out all on his own.

f8NYAO3.png
Karin shall poke these mercs.

J3rnJQI.png
and more reinforcements

jOqEx1o.png
All these cavs share the same fate.

iPCp8eS.png
Unfortunately he cannot reach the boss yet.

qjNuxk9.png
a bit sword training for Nanna...

9a09HfW.png
... probably a bad idea

UX7Jg7T.png
Fergus has to save her ass.

69kOCCG.png

11UWNHY.png

asa09KR.png
HP, speed

0KmKOTg.png
Karin shall weak these dudes, so they can be captured.

6lYjRmS.png
TrFR5C5.png
Vc1HE4Y.png
0urmYZe.png
HP    Come on, Finn!

ZoA4dYC.png
zswcI6R.png
DrSM8OT.png
HP, luck   The level ups aren't really impressing in this chapter so far.

Asbel kills all the cavaliers.

TrwKg8l.png
yt3PQgZ.png
Umm... yes!

hqJCfUv.png
TwDHSpW.png
HP, magic, skill   Great!

ZzFs0em.png
That's even GREATER!

I have got a few move level ups before (Lara, Karin), but I could not take the screenshot in time.

vbXxQDW.png

uJh7Rq0.png

u3Xo4jo.png
Chapter is almost done.

hccjSnW.png
5OYmZ52.png
Oof, I underrestimated Karin. I did not expect she could ORKO the merc with the killing edge. RIP... Again the range of the enemies's stats is huge.

IgaXTJV.png
magic, speed, defense    This is also a great Karin.

k2VsUgO.png
YESSSSS! If someone needs movement, than her!

95ScWuq.png
The only remaining challenge is to recruit Shiva safely. The awkward terrain and the remaining mercenaries make things a bit tricky.

lTZfBix.png
I want that silver sword.

l5C9l3m.png
ey46eKT.png
The last of the bandits.

Wgh1Wrh.png
E1tdSok.png
Even Lara has her uses.

z8hFOGD.png
HP, skill, speed, luck

ZO4uGrL.png
3DVbbTJ.png
Capturing this guy is really hard.

KeCjLJY.png
rjGitU8.png
The single RNG comes to my favor this time.

Ooag2F7.png
The way for Safiya to Shiva is free.

Shiva: Ah Sister... it's been a while.

Safiya: Hm? Oh, you're... Why are you doing this? I know you're not a bad person.

Shiva: This is the job. I'm a sellsword and frankly, the details are no business of yours. ... Time for you to leave, Sister. I'm trouble to be around.

Safiya: I'm not going anywhere.

Shiva: You really are risking everything for that little boy?

Safiya: If it came to that, I would give my life to protect Prince Leif, yes.

Shiva: ... 

Safiya: Losing Leif, losing what he represents, would be an irreplacable loss, to the entire Thracian peninsula. If I needed to give my life to save his, it would be only right to do so.

Shiva: Hmph... you're a quite a fool, Sister. ... Well, at the better. I can appreciated that kind of naive innocence.

Safiya: Hm? Will you... agree to aid the prince, then?

Shiva: Ah, this is getting absurd... But yes, I suppose I will. Just one thing: don't talk so lightly about throwing your life away. There's nothing more loathsome than people rushing toward their own death.

Safiya: I apologize... IÄll be mindful of that. 

Shiva: Can I ask you something, though? What is that YOU want? What is that brightens your day, that brings you laughter?

Safiya: I suppose that I want to see everyone around me be happy. When they laugh, when they feel joy, I share in it.

Shiva: I see... Well, I already said you were quite the fool. ... You know, I don't think I even know your name I'm Shiva of Saban, by the way. What do you go by?

Safiya: Safiya. I'm Safiya of Tahra. 

Finn has a conversation with Leif and Nanna.

fWpM880.png

Finn: Of course not! I never doubted you'd be able to keep yourself safe. I just... didn't expect we'd meet again so soon.

Leif: You can thank Magi for that. 

Finn: Magi? I assumed your retinue to be made up of common sellswords and former knights... Who are they, then?

Leif: They're a group of rebels from up north. They've pledged to serve me until the day that Manster stands free.

Finn: Their loyality to you is most important above all. If they've promised you as much, their personal details are none of my concern. Though now that I get a look at everyone... I don't see Eyvel among them. Milord, is she... ?

Leif: The Commander is still in Manster... She... She was turned into stone by the fell magic of a Loptian bishop. There's... nothing I can do for her now.

Finn: Gods's breath! Th-That can't be... ! Lord Leif... I'm sorry. I... I don't know what to say...

Leif: You've nothing to apologize for, Finn. As for the Commander... Nothing will stop me from getting her back. Between the two of us, we're sure to find a way to  reverse what's been done to her! So Finn, I'm giving you an order: don't die! I want you there with me, head held high, on the day we take back Manster!

Finn: Gladly, milord! On my honor, never again shall you and I be parted! I'll be at your side, Brave Lance in hand, until the very end!

Leif: Thank you, Finn! ... Ahem. Now, where has the rest of our former group gone?

Finn: They were captured by General Hannibal's Panzerritter, and imprisoned in Castle Meath. I... considered rescuing them, but my duty to you comes first, so I set out without them.

Leif: Then our way leads to Castle Meath regardless. Very well... Finn, let's head for the castle and see to their release. With our forces bolstered, we can make our way to Tahra. You've missed the city as well, didn't you? I can tell.

Finn: Ah... I have, milord.

u7QR1do.png

Nanna: I'm fine. Eyvel was there... to protect me...

Finn: Was she? Then that's yet another thing I'm indebted to her for. ... You know, if there's anything in your mind, I'm always here to listen. 

Nanna: Father...

Finn: Yes? What's wrong?

Nanna: ... No, it's nothing. I apologize!

Finn: All right, all right, I know better than to press the issue with you. Ah, it's good to see you again, child. Now, try and stay focused, there's no shortage of danger here. I want you to stay to the rear as we fight. Your healing magic will be invulnerable, but don't linger on the frontlines after you've used your staff.

Nanna: Of... Of course, father!

Note: This game considers Finn as father of Nanna. In FE4 her mother, Lachesis, can take anyone, so it is possible to have a different father for her in FE4 than she has in FE5.

C5SBt5w.png
Safiya repairs the Light Brand, and later the Grafcalibur.

final village:

nNNEjFN.png
vXRSuhN.png
TRfYpSI.png
JEnwvuz.png
2X4wWTS.png
XFrcbXa.png
dVHvzPS.png

Shop

pgaBZpl.png

In some chapters you can buy stuff. However healing staves and weapons are extremly expensive this game. This forces the player to grab the stuff by capturing or stealing.

Supply

lDCAXjL.png

You never have to discard weapons or other things at any time of the game, if the unit's slots are all full. Here is the chance to have access to them.

BTW the next chapter has a battle preparation menu which gives the chance to swap itmes among characters.

Arena

8WfMc9t.png

The arena works exactly the same as in most other games. 

85xMrCX.png

However the opponent is more random than in other parts. Seeing a silver sword gives me creeps.

3G3YzWH.png

Thanks to Shiva's sol he could take out the opponent.

0TbrvIs.png

Personally I find FE5's arena very dangerous because the range of enemy is huge. Also since the level cap is low and money is never a thing because of capturing, there's not much point of using the arena here. I do not plan to use it in my playthrough. This just has served as showcase.

nPh4Txg.png
HP, skill, luck, con

HjPSk1v.png
HP, speed, luck, defense    At least she can work as a dodgetank.

3qsYwoY.png
Safiya level up

AznycBd.png
VXms4sp.png
Fergus's promotion

13 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

How many uses does the Grafcalibur have, because I've noticed that Asvel used it on practically everyone this chapter.

He had 40 uses at the beginning and it broke in this one.

Hicks is a common English last name, as first name rather unusual though.

15 hours ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

I usually have Lief and Nanna behind him to boost that evasion by 20, but I guess it all worked out in the end.

I even mentioned it, it would be helpful to place Nanna close to Asbel to increase his evasion.

I tend to give this to a healer to get them to cap out staff accuracy easier.

This is great tip, will do it.

I was getting a bit worried when there were no images from the scene where Galzus passes Mareeta on to Cyas, but this gives me some hope she might still be recruitable...maybe...I hope...

I have to trust SF says:

Spoiler

BstmGt2.png?1

Edited by Zemuria

8 hours ago, Zemuria said:

The boss is nothing special. Asbel would make swiss cheese of him. He will not move. As long he is alive, he will let spawn cavalier reinforcements in every single enemy phase. However there is a cheap trick to prevent it: Anyone has to stand on the tile where the boss will appear. He will not appear and only the first wave of reinforcements will spawn.

He does start to move after he runs out of reinforcements, but it takes a while. The reinforcements also change at certain points, it start with the cavaliers, but switches to mages and meteor bishops, and then to soldiers and armor knights, before going back to the mage and bishop combo in the end.

9 hours ago, Zemuria said:

hqJCfUv.png

I guess we wont be seeing Hannibal and his army of armored knights take the field. If anyone of your units escapes while any of Eisenhau's troops are on the field Hannibal and his army will scare these guys off, sending them running with their tails between their legs.

Chapter 8

Spoiler

At Castle Meath:

bL0q1Tt.png
oAqRSfE.png
Leif creates a new identity not to attract attention.

Hannibal: Hmm... You share... quite the resemblance...

Leif: Resemblance? What do you mean, General?

Hannibal: It's... nothing you need to concern yourself with. More importantly, what do you plan to do now that you're free of Manster?

Leif: We'll head to Tahra to break the siege on the city. I've many friends there in need of help.

Hannibal: Are you planning a route through the central mountains?

Leif: That was my intent, yes. As rebels, we obviously can't risk crossing thorugh Imperial territory.

Hannibal: Is that so? Then be warned: many bandits make their home there. Don't let your guard down.

Leif: Thank you, General. Now, would you release the men you captured earlier? They're good friends of mine.

Hannibal: Ah, of course.

af6MrMg.png
2xDnnM5.png
Rxtjweo.png
The fighter twins are back.

Hannibal: I apologize for the trouble, Let me introduce Callion to you. There are many perils in the central mountains - not the least of which is a massive hunt for bandits around Mount Violdrake. If you're mistaken for the bandits, you could well lose your lives over it. Callion here will see that you cross the mountains safely.

h2HyrF2.png
l2nsIWB.png
Callion joins after chapter 7.

Sw65nuT.png
P4770iG.png
It's Coirpe, one of the prisoners from chapter 3.

Hzsdk5A.png
uQMQUu0.png
He gives a warp staff to Leif, likely only, if he was brought back to his house in chapter 3.

FV75IwW.png

Map Commentary

zhDjLa2.png
WKMy031.png
QvGCoPv.png
uyOtlKh.png
hKbKxvQ.png

Map

LeClIiB.png21EIT4j.png
DsOndVm.png?1YGvyKZd.png?1

I did not check that my allies are not shown. They start in the forest, east of.

Battle Preparations

hrvLJjW.png

Before chapter 8 there is the battle preparation skill for the first time because Leif's party has too many allies right now.

1ZMMTXr.png

Most is self-explaining. You can send / take things to / from the inventory or trade among units. However you cannot use status items or scrolls in the battle preparations. You can only do it within the chapter. 

LOcHrq1.png

Also you can buy and sell stuff.

There are a few special things I have to mention:

• The starting position of each single unit is fixed and cannot be changed. Don't ask me why, I know it is stupid! This can be a huge pain in chapters where the party is split.
  • Units can be busted for a chapter once they are fatigued like in this case:

nRaIVmy.png

You read fatigued as status.

Fatigue

Now I come to the mechanic in FE5 which divides the minds: Fatigue.
Each character has a fatigue stat which I have not shown yet. Character gains a fatigue point by each kind of combat (attacking, stealing, healing, dancing). If it surpasses the unit's HP, it will become fatigued. Be fatigued means this unit cannot be brought to the upcoming chapter. Leif for being the lord is the only exception. It is a major downer especially for low HP units like healers. Safy will become fatigued like after each chapter. In general I like the idea of fatigue because it forces the player to use pretty much the entire cast and it also fits to the plot of becoming tired by running away all the time. However I greatly dislike the execution because it is major punishment to the player, especially if important unit(s) cannot be brought to a hard map like the final chapter. 

This is the calculation for fatigue:

Ptx6PpH.png?1

There is an item which can prevent fatigue, but it is rare and not available in any store.

Lithis, Asbel, Nanna, Karin and Fargus are busted for chapter 8.

My team is Leif, Callion, Orsin, Halvan, Finn, Safiya, Lara, Brighton, Shiva.

5tTwA5o.png

pItCAoU.png
At least there's a new ally for this chapter.

Callion: I'm not returning to Thracia, milord. I told General Hannibal of my intentions, and he gave me his blessing. Do you think the General a fool? He knew full well who you really were - as does the half Thracian Peninsula. 

Leif: What?

Callion: Rumors of a surviving Leonster heir have been circulating for years. Anyone with sense knew it was only a matter of time until this survivor took up arms and rallied an army to battle the Empire. I always expected - nay - prayed that this day would come, and now I have the honor of taking part in the liberation myself! The motherland shall soon breathe free again!

Leif: Motherland... ? You... mean to say you're not Thracian?

Callion: Indeed. I was born to a sworn knight of House Leonster. My father perished in the war, but my mother and I were taken in by General Hannibal. Ah... but I'm being presumptious, aren't I? If it pleases you, Prince Leif, I want nothing more than to fight for House Leonster again, and reclaim our souveraign land.

Leif: I'm... not sure that I'm the liege you seek, frankly. I don't know if I have power enough to reclaim Leonster - for the time being, I perely want to aid Tahra. 

Callion: Even so, as long as I fight beneath the banner of House Leonster, I care not what the cause is. If you wish us elsewhere, milord, so be it. Assuming you accepty my oath, I suggest we make for General Hannibal's villa.

Leif: Hm? General Hannibal didn't seem the type to own a lavish mountain villa...

Callion: He's not. The villa is a safehouse for those like me: the many refugees of the fallen families of Leonster. There, under the protection of General Hannibal, Duke Dorius trains us in the ways of knighthood.

Leif: D-Did I hear correctly? Dorius... ?! I can scarely believe it... Duke Dorius is alive... ? 

Callion: See for yourself, milord. Shall we be off?

Leif: Of course, at once! Being able to see Duke Dorius again... It's like a walking dream!

gqJKEv1.png
DDDtr8L.png
Augustus has to interrupt to bring important news.

FQj0m8s.png
drdx5iM.png
YK9wjzA.png
The boss leads to Dagdar, like to Tanya as well.

Callion

BqB2dmQ.png
Se0cWO6.png
krruTkC.png

Callion is a level 1 cavalier. His stats for level 1 are not too bad, so will have some uses already. However his steel lance weighs him down way too much. He needs a short lance. Carrion will be important in a few chapters later because he will receive a very important item, so make sure he will not die before. 

Enemies

GIsXjhX.png

All the enemies are bandits who carry a poison axe or poison bow, so it is useful to bring antitoxins to this chapter.

ZzSbmpo.png
ae33zDu.png

The boss is a dracoknight, but he is dismounted for a good reason. Rumaigh must be captured to have access to 8x. If he was mounted, it would not be possible. Even if it was not forced for the sidequest, it is still recommendable to capture him because the ridersbane is, as the name says, effective against cavaliers. Master seal could be stolen.

DX0i5Xd.png
e0j6yEh.png
Rumaigh has important information about Dagda's remain, so this is why he has to be kept "alive".

The chapter is short and simple. There are not too many enemies, and these are really weak.

In the first turn is nothing to do aside of letting the enemies come to me.

q1W7ppZ.png

QBzNlNW.png

zrx9C5G.png
HP, strength, luck, con   Finn's first real good level up.

hhsMlJH.png
0moIxmr.png
HP, strengh, magic, speed, defense   Amazing!

eDO6FW4.png
I totally forgot about this guy... How could I even? It's MARTYYYYY, and he's BACK!

epOq76o.png
Still as unskilled as ever. Orsin or Halvan have to talk to him.

JPbDI7n.png
There is also a promoted enemy who is not frightening.

wbu4lW9.png

le3FyU7.png
poisoned

ydi7loF.png
GQHt2xJ.png
crit

TCKmSDN.png
Callion's first kill

ibNkRJf.png
ioZOoQH.png
Captured posion weapons are turned into iron weapons since only enemies may carry them in this game.

WZGFz6v.png
acy8gtz.png
HP, speed, luck

W6yKkZM.png
Marty attacks, but Carrion only deals like no counterdamage.

cqXXS0V.png
Now it's time for the best (re-)recruitment in the game.

Marty: What? Marty? Don't know no Marty. Haven't even heared the name before.

Halvan: Marty, you're tall enough to be a lightning rod. I could spot you all the way from Belhalla. What I can't figure out why you're here...

Marty: Er, well... it weren't my idea, I swear! It was all Gomez's idea! He made me to do it... !

Halvan: "He made me to do it!". Listen to yourself, Marty! It's not enough you're raiding villages? You've gotta make up excuses too?

Marty: I couldn't do nuthin' about it. It ain't my fault...

Halvan: ... Alright, we're going in circles here. Just tell me one thing: have you gone against Dagdar and the Commander taught you? Are you just a common bandit now?

Marty: W-Well, when you put it like that... I... g-guess it was wrong of me to along with this...

Halvan: Then you're still a friend of the Freeblades, right? So you will fight alongside us like a friend would?

Marty: ...

Halvan: Marty!

Marty: Yessir! Couse, I will, Sir!

q4Wx4bf.png
Baiting the warrior.

i3vq2Nl.png
Captured.

zqoLgXs.png
JjSCjgM.png
Almost all enemies are defeated.

9xGMWpD.png
MlyUrK1.png  😉
gWJnLme.png
CEt56KL.png
1AIDCZE.png
riHESRw.png
84dvFNf.png

8C0vjY3.png
Reinforcements... but one single bandit is an utter joke.

H9wZCsz.png
This could turn really bad, if he misses.

RbdAtse.png
Good boy!

fp7TRq4.png
strength, luck, con  Not a bad first level!

Halvan greets the reinforcements.

HQ4Hn0H.png
nU0E4M2.png
HP, skill, speed, luck     excellent

4wnyRTx.png
Finn would do up to six damage in capture mode, if he hits twice. I try to bring the boss down to 3 HP, so that one Brave Lance hit would be enough.

KXZkqRm.png
If Orsin does not crit twice, Runaigh would survive.

6xxIYqX.png
Lo8Xuej.png
one crit and one miss

LZCdWlK.png
I hope Leif does not come up with the idea to use adept or crit...

x3cIPMW.png
Excellent!

QumIqfY.png
Now Finn should be able to finish him off.

6Hn5GKX.png
Perfect!

HLYFTGI.png
HP, skill, speed, luck, defense   Finally good levels for him!

Chapter is not quite over yet.

fuijY8w.png
Before Leif seizes, make sure to take all of Runaigh's stuff. I am pretty sure you will not get these things automatically after this chapter ends.

pGe2C3t.png
magic, speed    Once again only these stats all matter.

Still have to visit one more village:

B6fyc3m.png
12U9j2o.png
Q3Q8xv4.png
qoi7E6I.png
3xv3BuV.png
3SGgGGV.png
Sf57ZGL.png
EKGZ1hS.png

Leif seizes.

NKlNdKy.png
ReYHA6V.png
If the boss was not captured, this dialogue would not go to happen obviously.

Leif: No. There's been enough blood spilled today. I'll make you a deal: indulge my questions, and you have my word you'll walk free-

Runaigh: I could... walk free? Oh, that's a cruel joke! If I accepted mercy from an enemy, I'd bring shame to the Dracoknights!

Leif: Just before we arrived here, I also had to choose between my survival and accepting help from an enemy. I... know how it feels. I take it you have a wife? Children, perhaps? If I have to kill you here, they'll be out on the street. Is that what you want?

Runaigh: ...

Leif: I'm sure you had your reasons for doing this. As far as I'm concerned, I don't even need to know who you are or what your station is. Tell me what I want to know and I have no reason to pursue you.

Runaigh: ... Ask your question.

Leif: The lord of that manor, Dagdar, and his daughter, Tanya, where are they?

Runaigh: ... They're inside, and they're not alone. Gomez, the one who hired me, he's makin' his move on 'em. Didn't say exactly what his plans were, but he didn't have to. I could tell he was fixin' to kill 'em both. 

Leif: I see... Thank you.

wf0j1lx.png
Leif holds his word.

15 hours ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

I guess we wont be seeing Hannibal and his army of armored knights take the field. If anyone of your units escapes while any of Eisenhau's troops are on the field Hannibal and his army will scare these guys off, sending them running with their tails between their legs.

I have never ever seen them because I never have waited so long with killing all the cavs.

Chapter 8x

Spoiler

CRXJ0XZ.png
Each chapter starts with the preparation screen. These are the units I will bring along.

XKY1Woi.png

kGnpkSp.png
EyOoxHa.png
This is true, but it shall change.

BYb8Gul.png
I do not even know why Dagdar fights for Gomez, but oh well...

Gomez: Now, it's too late for you to be makin' excuses, Dagdar! The soil itself don't want us here! Nothin' grows. Tryin' to till a field is like sawing through rock! All I wanted was a full belly, but you let that wench Eyvel cheat you outta the good land! She's got you wrapped around her little finger! You so desperate that you'd let everybody starve just to get lucky? Shame on you, old man! 

Dagdar: What'd you say?! Hmph, you talk big for a glorified errand-boy! You ain't never known real hardship - just my pretty chores! You know why? 'Cause I knew I could never trust you with more! Fact is, I could barely trust you with my laundry, junior! But all these years, I still gave you a roof over yer head... ! Fine! You want yerself a fight so bad, you get one!

fSNQVFo.png
Welcome to the void of chapter 8x. Unfortunately I have no torches for his chapter, so this one might become really tedious. Dagdar and Tanya are stuck in a non enclosed room. There is about a half dozen of enemies above them who can all attack them in the first enemy phase. Tanya has to be placed in a corner and Dagdar next to her, so just one enemy is able to attack her. Her stats are good enough to take a hit. Hopefully at least one of them has a vulnerary because they are absolutely essential for their survival. Even Dagdar is not bulky enough to take hits by them all. Accost also gives the enemy the chance to attack him twice, if Dagdar cannot oneshot.

Otherwise Leif and friends have to go a long and tedious way around inside the manor where tons of hidden enemies are waiting for them. These are all bandits with iron, steel, hand and poison axes and steel and venin bows. Having a decent two range unit is absolute helpful.

Also there are some chests, and a few of them have really great stuff inside, so don't miss them!

t0xPrmC.png
CSUOZ5u.png
Dagdar and Tanya have the same stats as before the party split. Unfortunately Tanya is kinda underleveled at this point, but I give my best to change it in this chapter.

BTW it is no Game Over if either of them dies.

9OdTRYp.png
A4USRXm.png
First enemy spotted.

DmG8GUb.png
I want to make fast progress.

Dl1dPTd.png
Only one enemy can attack Tanya.

plGK90m.png
mZC0ibj.png
I was a fucking idiot and accidently equipped the bow, means the enemy can attack Dagdar twice for free. Their hitrates aren't even exactly low.

UEcRT7u.png
jdc2ipI.png
Even Lithis can barely take two hits, so no good reason to put him on the frontline.

6sM5A6D.png
speed, luck

RZ0YCt8.png
Looks fun, doesn't?

I made my life even harder by not letting Dagdar kill some crap.

eri1qPw.png
dnbLw7h.png
Tanya's chip damage is not even enough to finish the enemy off with Dagdar without taking a counterattack. A steel axe would be useful on him.

hD2c28O.png
BDt1Wj9.png
4OOu9Ib.png
This area looks good... for now.

xaHYoJe.png
good dodge

n8xbXk8.png
HP, skill, speed, luck   Perfect right now for enemy phase.

7qEqp2o.png
UtMsbrI.png
TSQBem2.png
VCnx3Lu.png
Lq3pDCm.png
Please don't die!

f8J1E2O.png
Wow, he can't even double this one. Actually good.

fHdTP3v.png

zESHVbw.png
It looks better now. 

IDn4AxL.png
and more

LwCSpA4.png
Nanna has to help out!

IuGi0w8.png
DAMN, I forgot he could not double this one!

aEvDxpD.png
I have made a deadly mistake right here by attack the wrong enemy. I should have attacked the other one to equip Dagdar back to an axe. He has the bow equipped once more. He can take one more enemy, nothing more.

If Dagdar dies, I will NOT reset. He cannot recruit anyone, so it would meet my self-made rules for this LP. Only the dialogue after this chapter would change.

GDqAb7F.png
I really hope there are no enemies on the few dark tiles.

Let's pray for Dagdar!

Laxy9Nl.png
He even hits twice. I can only hope this was the last enemy.

COMzCFP.png
bvydGtG.png
49Gs9Jo.png
HP, skill, luck    God, what have I to do with him... !?

BTW I hate unnecessary suspense...

Efs5qGx.png
There he goes...

QK9Cf3r.png
Fucking accost... Well... I have to take responsibility for this death all alone since I made multiple mistakes with him in this chapter. Sorry Tanya, I killed your father!

DHhrN5Y.png
Tanya is for REVENGE!

irUj1NW.png
strength, luck      Yes, strength!

gdP2jXy.png
Another reason not to reset.

00eD7DW.png
HP, speed, luck

rIHAUiN.png
Ugh, more enemies at top. I can tell it's about a dozen.

NNEGiP8.png

dfjvm7N.png
She needs it.

uGpenDz.png
6kbApM8.png
The hand axe is absolutely unreliable compared to the Bhuj, but I have to save uses of it.

3HFVBNL.png
hfLhAuN.png
Of course Halvan missed once...

6mGZomB.png
I should be worried about Lithis...

Now to one the longest enemy phases in my long FE history...

RaWsBzJ.png
XRCLBFk.png

NAdw45f.png
Aui3GCP.png
F8f6hO8.png
E7MT5Oj.png
Ekg3ip7.png
iIH23ND.png
Asbel, please!

aiVQHjB.png

D9yIRn9.png

... The enemy phase would have lasted much more longer, if he had not died...

I hardly can continue without Asbel, so I have to replay previous turn.

Halvan used the brave axe to kill the bow bandit safely.

tDY0mdX.png
41WhW1O.png

ljYzAnn.png
nkUmiwz.png
Leif can also can take an enemy. Seriously the RNG cannot be that cruel to me.

q4VqQUw.png
0MUDQf6.png
Y5SVkgv.png
8Bw1l2O.png
AeLHFBT.png
SO MUCH CRAP!!! Saving uses of Bhuj did not help me much right here. Only one was killed.

u6ZOKtY.png
nothing    The first empty level up after a very long time.

V047Zia.png
unfortunately neither continue nor a crit

1ppm39y.png
*shrugs*

Thankfully the upcoming six enemies could not hit him this time.

pQmGpQV.png
A lot of enemies!

5D4btxV.png
Please crit!

MroIqZv.png
Thank you!

ElSF48r.png
EVERYTHING aside of con!!! She is literally in rage mode right now!

dRVmj70.png
Wow, Leif can kill with a physical weapon which is not a brave sword, respect!

g05IbWB.png
Asbel heals him after that. With the hand axe he can barely kill an enemy aside he does two crits which is unlikely as unaccurate the hand axe is.

E2yEZfr.png
... It should be fine... !?

dPF35Lw.png
qTq1ryj.png
... maybe not...

no more enemy!

X8YfqU6.png

7u6RpIc.png
hNukh5B.png
another crit at the right time

rLyuoyb.png
Looks like if I have done the worst. Now I have to check out the right side.

5YSllbP.png
HP, speed, luck

I would not gonna lie that he is the worst unit of my team. Keep in mind that I fixed his HP, speed and defense. Tanya already has the same strength as him.

tfhbOsS.png
still more dirt inside the cells

ClMxEsE.png

d741BpL.png
There's also a chest outside.

LR0k3R8.png
HP, strength, luck    Unbelievable! Now she has already more strength than Leif WITHOUT having a scroll equipped.

3AZNQVQ.png
There are definitely better chests than this.

64GJLNo.png

RN7Bl2v.png
skill, con

iZO6meS.png

jRvJUvZ.png
Boss is in sight.

SqsQ4zp.png
a4pePvP.png
Gomez is the first real tough enemy because he has double digit stats almost everywhere. He's so fast that even Asbel cannot double him.

d8AxPrb.png
Maybe they have a conversation...

FWosKlo.png
... apparently not

WaTWKKf.png
18sqFKH.png
Gomez will switch to the bow in enemy phase.

UGLqliw.png
Othin and Tanya have a conversation.

Othin: Would it kill you to show a little gratitude? If we'd showed up any later, you'd just be stain on the floor.

Tanya: What?! You're the one who started this argument! I hadn't said one word to you when you started yelling at me! Ugh, you're always like this! Gloomy little Orsin, always ready to pick a fight... Whatever I lack for gratitude, you lack for manners. Just this once, you could stand to even a little friendly...

Orsin: H-Hey! Wait, wait, don't cry, ok? I...I just... I mean, I was really... I'm glad you're safe. Er... So, anyhow... Uh... Yeah.

2GRVPxV.png
both hit

c1FS81n.png
1FEo4Jv.png
Talking to a corpse.

Now I need about 15 more turns to get all the remaining chests. 

A few healer level ups:

o41fkKW.png
strength, luck   Wow, she got strength.

mJDzPtz.png
magic, skill

ql1WdEg.png
bleh

1F2UEaV.png
fls2Qli.png
This is awesome. I know who to give it to, but I still have to wait for it.

zDFF9gY.png
LfdifRy.png
Leif would need it badly, but I know it would not work as it did not with the Hezul's scroll.

4wOeesy.png
Next chest is a wrath scroll. This is a superb skill. It is great for not the fastest tanks, but I think I give it to Nanna to let her save uses of the earth sword.

7zQ1Amc.png
li8wdQ7.png
bleh again

I have got all chests, so time to seize.

daDVbiq.png
Idk if this just an exclusive dialogue, if he is death. I mean since he is not shown up, so likely.

Augustus: Many of these men were children of Thracian farmers. Abandoned by their parents, they turned into banditry of sheer necessity. Their choice was simple: steal or stave.

Leif: Then they had cowards for parents, to have forsaken their children so!

Augustus: And how would you know? You've been on the run for your whole life, true, but you've never known the pains of hunger. Just where do you think your food come from during all these days you were fleeing from the Empire? 

Leif: Where my food came from... ? I... don't know. I never had to worry about hunger. 

Augustus: Then you were fortunate to have such loyal allies and reatainers, but it has left you lacking the perspective to truly understand how the common folk suffer. South Thracia is a land dominated by mountains - steep, imposing crags dot the landscape, and a cliff lies around every corner. By nature the land demands severity and discipline from all who live in it. Farmers work themselves to the bone to cultivate what few crops the land will provide, but even so, it is not enough to survive on. And thus they are left with a terrible dilemma: for every one person who gets fed, two others must be hungry. Dagdar's men, abandoned in their youth, are the result of this ruthless arithmetic. This is the reality of living in South Thracia. 

Leif: Th-Then they just should import food from somewhere else! In North Thracia, cities had an abundance of crops - buy their excess!

Augustus: Ah, but the whole of North Thracia - the old coalation of Manster - resolved long ago to prohibit trade with South Thracia. Food, especially, was closely guarded.

Leif: ... W-Why would the North do such a thing?!

Augustus: Historically? Recall the war between Njörun and Dain's children 100 years ago, that led to the province of Manster declaring independence from the rest of Thracia. The two have considered each other enemies over since, and this hostility persists because they are mutually unwilling to communicate. The noble Houses of Manster, in particular, remained stubborn and selfish for a century afterward.

Leif: I had been told that Thracia was all but a military state, that it was an infamously belligerent Kingdom. But if they are merely the product of such wretched conditions... How did things all go so wrong? The North and South were a single kingdom once...

Augustus: It all returns to the tragedy of the Gaé Bolg, to the misfortune that seems to befall all those who wield either of the holy lances. North Thracia has been plagued by selfish and short-sighted rulers. You must learn their example - learn how not to govern. If nothing else, you must learn enough to not repeat you father's mistake...

Edited by Zemuria

14 hours ago, Zemuria said:

The starting position of each single unit is fixed and cannot be changed. Don't ask me why, I know it is stupid! This can be a huge pain in chapters where the party is split.

...Kinda...Its complicated...Ok, so the starting position is determined by deployment order, which can be manipulated a little by deploying/undeploying unit(s) ahead of a unit whose starting position you want to change (which will often change which party they are in when the starting party is split), and people who plan farther ahead than I normally do can manipulate things further by strategically deploying a few duds, and/or undeploying units whose position is absolutely critical a map ahead of time, as those that are deployed get pushed to the top of the list.

There is an item which can prevent fatigue, but it is rare and not available in any store.

If you are talking about the stamina drink there are exactly two shops that sell them, the one in chapter 9, and chapter 14, but they cost an utterly exorbitant 5000 G, so only with heavy arena use are you likely able to afford them.

13 hours ago, Zemuria said:

RZ0YCt8.png
Looks fun, doesn't?

I made my life even harder by not letting Dagdar kill some crap.

That is a terrifying image...

QK9Cf3r.png
Fucking accost... Well... I have to take responsibility for this death all alone since I made multiple mistakes with him in this chapter. Sorry Tanya, I killed your father!

DHhrN5Y.png
Tanya is for REVENGE!

irUj1NW.png
strength, luck      Yes, strength!

gdP2jXy.png
Another reason not to reset.

15 hours ago, Zemuria said:

ElSF48r.png
EVERYTHING aside of con!!! She is literally in rage mode right now!

I like this path of Vengeance that Tanya is going on, plus signs of a good Tanya. One of the first runs of Thracia I ever did had the most strength bless Tanya (she ended up capping strength before promoting, and I didn't start scrolling her up until after she was in the teen levels). It gave me a soft spot for the archers in this game, and I tend to train up one every run, switching it up a bit as I go.

Chapter 9

Spoiler

Map Commentary

exyF1eN.png
g6U6Lyo.png
EJfD94o.png
rkMMtfa.png

whb8jhP.png

8pl9xp2.png
dracoknights and mountains in the way - looks unfun

KKCC7WF.png
Sv1OqgE.png
Travant, the one who killed Leif's parents

L2KnzYB.png
Altena, Leif's actual sister who just does not know it.

Travant: Besides, it's been too long since you and I had outing for our own, Altena.

Altena: Indeed, father. I'm glad we're able to spend time together.

Travant: Shame that Arion couldn't join us. I wanted him to come along, but he didn't want the capital to be left unattended in our absence.

Altena: He's merely taking after your example, Father.

Travant: Hm. When I was his age, I'd already taken the throne. Arion needs to keep at it he wants to outspace me.

Altena: He's doing the best - and so am I. I want only to be a pillar of strength our family, my lord father.

Travant: Good. The two of you are Thracian's future. The North abounds with crops, and the mountains of the South hide much in the way of resources and riches. An independent Thracia will need both, not just one or the other. To have a single, united Thracia... My fondest wish is to return to this land to what it was in the days of Dain and Njörun. ... Even if it damns me to the deepest pit of hell.

Altena: ... Father?

Travant: Altena... ... The wind's changing on us. Let's head back and leave this one to Merloch.

Altena: As you wish, my lord father.

G7C6Ndo.png

Travant: All right, then I'm entrusting you with the rest of our soldiers. I won't accept any excuses - wipe out every last bandit. Show them what it's like to have made an enemy of Thracia!

Merdoch: Leave everything to me, milord!

FrdHyXp.png
omcexUK.png
obviously Lord Dorius with his daughter

Dorius: According to him, Prince Leif and a coalition or warriors from Fiana and Manster are already en route. We have to hold out until they get here...

Woman: Understood. If you've no objections, I'll establish a defensive perimeter.

d2GkY5u.png
A squad of cavs leaves.

hWQENE1.png

Augustus: Hm? Blast... ! Take a closer look to their armor, Prince Leif - That's the Thracian army!

Leif: W-What!? Wasn't the villa suppossed to be under General Hannibal's protection?

Augustus: Perhaps Thracia finally learned of their presence, or perhaps General Hannibal tipped them off.

Leif: I'll not hear it, Augustus! General Hannibal is a man of honor - he'd not do such a thing!

Augustus: ... Be that as it may, we must move to rescue them immediately! If this villa falls, any hope of liberating Thracia or rebuilding Leonster falls with it!

Map

SDxG5E5.pngklFFKS3.png
XmEizBV.pngVIoAm3P.png
qgJljkg.pngA0Kdx8e.png?1

I have a love-hate-relationship to this chapter.

On the one hand I like it because it has an interesting objective. The villa in the north-west must be defended. If the enemy seizes it, it is Game Over. 

But on the other hand I also hate it at the same time because the terrain and the enemy classes synergize against your favors.

dtcac7n.png
QBQJHuW.png
You have to fight draco knights who all have a killer lance. Not only it is hard to kill them because they have canto and the mountains block the player's attack spots, but alos they can kill instantly your party. 

kVSHYvG.png
II8fFoC.png
The boss is even worse for having higher movement and way higher speed. Also one leadership star is kind of annoying.

The draco knights must not go for the villa because taking them out is a pain in the ass and if they deal critical hits, the villa will fall fast. Even the +10 defense on the throne won't prevent it. Someone of Leif's party has to bait them. Asbel is the best choice here once again because Grafcalibur is a safe and instant kill to all dracos. However I try to be badass and leave overleveled Asbel home. Let's see if the others can handle it...

nWoMG0I.png
H9WsIUx.png
MIuuJR0.png
All the other generic enemies will and may go for the villa. It is very unlikely that anyone on the throne can be killed by them.

TT7InrT.png
This bishop must be captured because I need the wind tome for Asbel.

New Units

Kane

ZvSxlwL.png
16ylvq5.png

Alba

d9a91kx.png
wkmek2r.png

Kane and Alba might be an allusion to Cain and Abel, at least their name. They're both lowleveled cavaliers with alright bases for their level. I never used them, so I cannot really say much about them. I won't use them in this run either.

wZnzvMQ.png
GcL9EtB.png
In the first enemy phase everyone goes for the village. The draco knights do not know exactly yet.

EgzIRAH.png
wSmucal.png
Robert is a bow knight with a solid bases and also a movement star. However his bow level daunts me to use him. And he would have been replaced anyways by...

QpxV1N1.png
7phpt51.png
... Selphina, Dorius's daughter. She is already level and her bases aren't particulary better than Robert, but she starts at bow level B and has instant access to killer bows. Also accost could be really useful on her since she could attack up two four times for free, if she meets the activation's requirements. A bow knight in my team would be a welcome addition, although I have to admit I haven't used her either yet, but it will change in this run.

tBZ2zTd.png
GcL9EtB.png
Everyone moves. The dracos can be commenced in the next turn.

0ifcVTG.png
There is an important side task to do in this chapter. Carrion has to talk to Selphina. He must be dismountedl, so Karin can carry him over.

plDGFCD.png
0orFo9A.png
If Halvan with the Brave Axe equipped hits everytime, he does not even have to fear being attacked by the killer lance.

7h3oClU.png

Callion: Lady Selphina, I made it back!

Selphina: Oh, my dear Callion! Thank you for all what you have done.

Callion: Think nothing of it, milady. Would that I could've done more... Ah, I must double my training if I'm to become as a knight as Sir Glade sometime in my natural life! I want only to aid Prince Leif, but I've learned in his service so far is just how powerless I truly am...

Selphina: Don't let your impatience cloud your judgement. You won't be of any use to him dead. Hmm... the time to grant you your inheritance may have come more quickly than I'd thought.

Callion: Inheritance? Th-This is... a fine blade, milady but where?

Selphina: Your mother entrusted this to me. It's known as the Paragon Sword. She bade me give it to you when you had grown into a worthy knight.

Callion: M-Mother!?

Selphina: She passed from this world way too young, taken by illness. A tragedy if there ever was one, that... This very blade was a favorite of your father's, and he wielded it right up until the day he died honorably in battle.

Callion: F-Father's own blade... that he wielded in service of House Leonster... !

Selphina: This is your birthright, Callion. Use it with great care.

Callion: Y-Yes, I will! Thank you, Lady Selphina!

O0yDB6y.png
CNQ7g9k.png
As the name says, it doubles the battle experience. But not only that, it also gives +5 defense. Callion with the paragon sword equipped on the throne will not take damage by some enemies. Make sure to pump him up with scrolls in the battle preparations to give him some good level ups in this chapter. He shall solo all the enemies who will move towards the villa. The paragon sword isn't a personal weapon of Callion, so every other sword user could use it too. There is also an enemy with this sword in lategame , so it is possible to have this sword twice in the inventory.

FvT41mY.png
The other three new units already went in the villa. They have no use in this chapter for me.

8N4ekQe.png
LkEwAhk.png
yYvQuPm.png
Good job!

NrwRrdU.png
weKl2xc.png
Javelin sucks! 

XN2TwJN.png
This is why this chapter sucks (if you are as foolish as me and don't bring Asbel).

gdkWuv5.png
Actually I have an idea. I want to let him capture Safiya to let him have halved stats. Then I would have no issue to take him out.

xyVQxkX.png
This was expected.

R6amS4U.png
I took all of Safiya's important stuff off, so I would not lose the hammerne staff once she got captured.

CEH3jRf.png
Karin has to kill this soldier, so Selphina has open way to kill this draco knight.

jaPEamr.png
nothing

9Z6lRfw.png
Ugh, the hitrate is bad and she cannot activate accost because her AS doesn't surpass the enemy's one.

rBmfTtQ.png
Good

JNe4IqM.png
The villa should be safe now!

54zkREe.png
4Djt7W6.png
My plan ripped...

I have to restart the chapter anyways because I would not only use the only hammerne user, but Safiya is also need for a recruitment later on.

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::.

XzvVlmV.png
This time I have to bring the "panicbutton" aka Asbel.

rHLGV4q.png
50 damage

1qKvS35.png
8ULGJ2u.png
Goodbye

GUkWoOu.png
skill, luck, defense

DDbgiaG.png
Again one draco knight moves towards the villa.

DIbmD2X.png
Same as last time with the only difference that Callion shall get the killed with the paragon scroll.

2Eh7hed.png
luck

QYH8P3A.png
7uc4tff.png
HP, skill, strength, luck   I expected no less!

xWwcWjW.png
Again this bad hitrate

sDiNWKz.png
I guess, I have to restart again!?

fhSnaAM.png
BOOM - first opponent's crit in this LP

7k4yC6w.png
This is basically a Game Over because I have no chance to kill this draco knight anymore.

6 hours ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

...Kinda...Its complicated...Ok, so the starting position is determined by deployment order, which can be manipulated a little by deploying/undeploying unit(s) ahead of a unit whose starting position you want to change (which will often change which party they are in when the starting party is split), and people who plan farther ahead than I normally do can manipulate things further by strategically deploying a few duds, and/or undeploying units whose position is absolutely critical a map ahead of time, as those that are deployed get pushed to the top of the list.

I remember me something doing this for the recruitment in chapter 24, but I did not get it how the deployment exactly worked.

I think I understood the explanation and know how to figure out which starting spot is determined for each unit from now on.

PS: I totally forgot about the shop in chapter 9, whoops.

Chapter 8 Part 2

Spoiler

Ok, attempt #3

I will show from the point I failed the last time.

Boss is already defeated, I just have to focus on the villa.

AlcLQ8L.png
strength, skill, luck   Much better this time!

i0Ukaa2.png
again crossing fingers

AUFehNu.png
*claps*

Ksr7pP5.png
VLmFv6U.png
3lkcCB0.png
I will speed up the next turns because showing each combat will be just repetitive and boring. Anyways Callion takes out the most of the enemies. Karin supports him a little bit.

I will only show Callion's level ups:

CROihqg.pngHP, speed
B44yrLV.pngHP, luck, con
hDMcNXo.pngHP, strength, speed
Q9TMOrn.pngHP, speed, defense, con
fkGMTHB.pngHP, speed, luck, con
QzUkHR4.png2 HP, strength, skill, speed, defense
TNIgcl2.pngHP, strength, skill, speed, luck

Four stats in average is the least I expected from him for having three scrolls equipped. Anyways he's good to go now.

T53abA5.png
7f2bDwz.png
Leif and friends just took out the knights and captured the bishop.

Capturing was harder than I expected because since none of these units had a higher con than the bishop, he had to be killed despite being unable to counterattack for having meteor equipped.

pBUknFK.png
HP, strength, luck

jUoDEDC.png
IYgDuLB.png
FOIWQNI.png
LWCklP5.png
5P003W3.png
gzv9EJH.png
This is the items which can prevent fatigue. It has to be used on a fatigued unit before the chapter ends. It is said that the stamina drink is also available in a shop nearby, but I forgot to check it out. Anyways I would not have been able to buy it anways since it's extremely expensive.

If you are talking about the stamina drink there are exactly two shops that sell them, the one in chapter 9, and chapter 14, but they cost an utterly exorbitant 5000 G, so only with heavy arena use are you likely able to afford them.

T7PFq5s.png
zNCqY6l.png
Karin is a falcon knight now.

eHLkTFw.png
It took me so long to take out all the enemies around the villa that Leif's group "stole" some of Carrion's kills.

Mcatfmr.png
HP, speed   This is the more natural Tanya.

aJG3GKq.png
Leif can't even hurt an archer with the rapier. Sad, isn't it?

U8V3uxD.png
He had to use the precious silver sword instead.

Chapter is done. As I said the chapter had great potential by the interesting objective, but the terrain and enemy choice made it really not enjoyable after all. Honestly I would not even know how to beat it / the boss without Asbel. 

10 hours ago, Zemuria said:

xWwcWjW.png
Again this bad hitrate

sDiNWKz.png
I guess, I have to restart again!?

One advantage of keeping the scrub squad around is Robert can drop him into your Karin's kill range (or the combined attacks of the other two scrub's attacks if he moves in position for a mounted melee strike like he did on the winning run), and gets a +10 accuracy from Selphina's support.

aJG3GKq.png
Leif can't even hurt an archer with the rapier. Sad, isn't it?

The archer is getting +5 defense from the mountain...but he wouldn't kill it even if it was on clear terrain which is still fairly sad.