Glory to Thracia: Let's Play Fire Emblem Thracia 776 - Everyone will be recruited (completed)

MisterIceTeaPeach

Yup, Leif sure do look like his parents huh ? I remember using them to do nothing. 😛
It's kind of hilarious how FE4 and FE5 try to tell us there's a ressemblance but there's not much.

RIP Dagdar, you were too beard-y for this world.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chapter 10

Spoiler

Battle Preparations

26wrmEl.png
wTzzk6p.png
my picked units

2zktKlW.png

6ud6zgr.png
XzC4gmB.png
XUSJdKx.png

Largo: Oh ho ho! Scathing words, but General Kempf... is quite an embarassment, really. A neighborn noble, his impudence and pettiness undermine his stature, and he behaves closer to a boy than to a man. Perhaps it's natural to be a little insecure when Commander Reinhardt's fame has so thoroughly eclipsed his own, but to be so vindictive about it as to take out on the Commander's only sister? You'd scarcely believe there was any noble blood in him at all. He's a disgrace to his uniform. 

Olwen: General Kempf is utterly convinced that my lord brother is somehow is competition. He doesn't understand the solidarity that comes with military service.

Largo: They're both in close age, were both promoted to General very young... It's easy to see how such a vile mindset took root.

Olwen: But my lord brother certainly doesn't feel the same way about it.

Largo: Then that's all the more reason for General Kempf to hate him, wouldn't you say?

Olwen: What? Why? If the hatred's not mutual, there should be reason for it to continue!

Largo: Hah! You don't get it? I envy your innocence. It's Kempf's way of thinking that ensures North and South Thracia will never be as one.

Olwen: I don't follow. What's that got to do with the North and South?

Largo: ... Ah, I've bent your ear for too long, though it's been good to speak so frankly. Why don't you stay a spell and catch your breath?

Olwen: I will. Thank you. You spoil me, General. 

XUSJdKx.png

Dorius: Our reports say that their garrison is small, but they make up for it with force of arms: the fort is guarded with ballistae - a sort of giant bow that can fire across big distances. They're tremendously powerful - we'll have to destroy them before advancing toward the fort. Otherwise, capturing will be impossible.

Leif: How you do propose we do that?

Dorius: We have three means of attack: 

1. We could send the majority of our forces to attack the ballistae, then send a small force to capture the fort while they're occupied. 
  2. We could storm the valley with our forces at once, overwhelming the ballistae with too many targets for them to be effective.

Leif: They both have their own crucial downsides... What's the best course of action?

Dorius: That would be the third way. Surely you've caught on now that I've told you about the other two - don't tell me you need it spelled out for you, Prince Leif!

Map

BwNiTNV.pngefnON4d.png
nT9edMM.pngyzuObHM.png

Chapter 10 introduces a new enemy:

5tfnlw6.png
ballistae

QBQQtud.png
H9hXtKm.png
Unlike in most other games they are fairly accurate and extremly powerful and make it to the biggest threat in this game. They're absolutely annoying to deal with. All have an attack of >20, so they would be an instand death for Safiya and mounted Karin.

Otherwise there are two villages to visit.

U4yAum8.png
nasptJi.png

Two thieves on the map are going for them to burn them down, so don't waste time. Both villages offer each a very good staff.

9oNf6QZ.png
810aWtz.png
again armors with various weapon types

2cThDvd.png
JrrCQ6u.png
soldiers and mages

They're not frightening at all.

FCztPti.png
on the top of the left is bishop with bolting

F5CTSd4.png
I want to capture him because bolting can be used soon (unlike meteor) by a certain unit.

i3Vd6pd.png
Left of this bishop is an oddly placed single draco knight miniboss.

YOtZcli.png
cpCLbzU.png
He is way less threatening than the former dragon knight boss. Though he has a couple of movement stars (I forgot to show).

JHSyhKk.png
Gc1NPZ8.png
Largo is a knight with a stealable master seal. Again, an easy target for Asbel. 

As for attackin the ballistae I will take Dorius's first advice: Using a small troop to them out

mqpQsiI.png
in person of Karin. She has as much movement as a ballista has rage, so she can take them out with a close combat weapon all alone. However she cannot take all ballistae all on her some are covered by multiple ones. 

ERCSOjG.png
I noticed too late this knight has a flame sword, a must-have! Though it can only be stolen because capturing him is alomst impossible with his 20 defense. My Lithis had 8 con, so not enough to steal it. The best way to get the flame sword would be likely to disarm someone to let them be captured by the knight to halve his stats. His defense would be 10 then, so possible to capture him.

y08oSw4.png
xWWnNaj.png
crit

k6tsTGS.png
The way to the village for the thief is blocked. I hope he will not run away, so I can capture him in the next turn.

svOExu2.png
17 damage from a fricking ballista - disgusting!

U16d3Ed.png
No one moved aside of the draco knight boss.

B56RWAc.png
0kJAwGs.png
IzrXXQB.png
Excellent! One village is saved and I get the rapier and stamina drink from the thief.

ouitqSD.png
Fergus shall take out this ballista on his own.

wsLO2LS.png
Let's see if these knights move once someone is in their attack range.

sxXKQuJ.png
Lithis can be attacked by three ballistea, but I hope the forest tile will give him enough evasion.

F1tYvWJ.png
... Apparently not. Please dodge the other two!

7YPu5Ka.png
UDNfiR3.png
Thank you for listening!

JGFv44O.png
HP, speed

Now you have a good impression how OP ballistae are in this game.

S2Up8kt.png
Even Nanna could barely take two hits.

WN8Wvkv.png
HP, strength, skill, luck   Excellent!

Nf5C7hS.png
Since these knights did not move, I expect them not to move after this turn either.

However this is going to happen...

FSZKZ6M.png
ZijaX3P.png
C6pDKVj.png
Olwen is going to join the battlefield...

C0iLqmR.png
... with Alfred together.

iKwr4Xl.png
They appear not as ambush spawn since they just move out of the fort but not further.

This happens, if a certain line is crossed.

cgh4tCg.png
cPacKrc.png
94BbOGW.png

Alfred looks pretty bad statwise. The only interesting about him is his weapon, another two range magic sword.

uuwQ58C.png
gsGQGAa.png

Olwen looks even worse since mage knight is a promoted class, but her weapon makes up for it. Dire Thunder is a very powerful tome with brave affect. Only this weapon makes Olwen from a poor unit to a very dangerous one. No one would be able to take two hits by her.

The deal of these two that they will come towards you and retreat after turn 6. Since both are recruitable, it is the best to avoid them till they go back to the fort. I do not know what happens if they will be killed in this chapter. I better do not want to make the experience.

AMpj4PH.png
The draco knight is in my attack range. I leave him to Asbel and move everyone else far enough away.

9Kvaor2.png
OqUuLl6.png
Fergus fails to kill the ballista which stings since Lithis can only be attacked by two of them. He uses a vulnerary to take another hit at least.

Bie5HzR.png
Nanna learns the wrath skill. It is good for absorbing more damage. You will see a lot more kills of her from now on.

wUe6isl.png
UeJxVZt.png
good

YpqufRG.png
Better than the other way around

iMqYD6i.png
Asbel would even have survived him, if he had hit.

733uUOE.png
HP, luck, defense, con

X8P1ppl.png
vkA7fqD.png
First ballista is taken out.

8d2gs2g.png
Thanks to Karin's 10 movement she can visit the village and fly back to safe spot.

6ioaJoP.png
ASIGXyH.png
99fPLhW.png
sAWSWkP.png
tEQEaWT.png
DMhBOtD.png
5Q2gLvg.png
oH1zEyL.png
TvfXCkm.png
v5WLQMa.png
It's called magic up in the former translation. It is basically a barrier staff. 

uIWV26y.png
Fred comes dangerously close. I have to retreat with everyone till he will do the same.

XgMyf0w.png
DHxfGZP.png
iiHAXKc.png
lJnFft5.png
7001Pj4.png
6mICfMc.png
This is an absolute must-have. Rescue staves are godly in this game because of their infinite range.

xEuSlu9.png
MbVfuAW.png
After turn six has been passed, they both go back to the fort.

lQuk2bQ.png
HP, skill, speed, luck   Leif rather reminds me on a female myrm...

ucaTsDe.png
This takes me too long. I'm gambling right here. Karin takes out this ballista, but will be in the attack range of an other one. I trust on her dodging abilities.

ynT1DKI.png
ktySQyN.png
🙂

pw3E4Yk.png
Since he cannont counterattack, he can be captured instantly regardless if he would be killed or not. The combat has actually no purpose right here.

UBHGdk6.png
nrMxV3X.png
Let the Nanna-fungames begin!

o0f7ZYo.png
Everyone should be fine.

StxnIXe.png
GpKiLyG.png
wrathed to death

99W8hKo.png
HP, strength, skill, defense  BTW I put all the scrolls on her, so these levels are explained.

2YOUyxw.png
These knights are entire stationary.

er9dcb0.png
Don't get confused, he took Fargus's armorslayer. 

ZAyfEh9.png
HNI38nT.png
crit

wWgkaZx.png
Slowy but stedily I come closer to the boss.

hMqPCYv.png
OV6DKWQ.png
Be careful! Two of these cavaliers have effective weapons.

hDMCJHC.png
aB2w2vk.png

0JLRiVc.png
Got hit by two ballistae.

ZcRnZV5.png
Finn's ridersbane is "a bit" more accurate.

21d8XKZ.png
n7Qv7G2.png
HP, strength, skill, luck, con    Fantastic, she needs all she can get to become better in capturing and dealing damage.

xalUvlm.png
The way to the boss is free. I will kill him instantly not steal the master seal since it would take too long. Karin cannot rescue Lithis because of the left ballistas.

speaking of left ballistas:

mrcsbyp.png
ScDRb8M.png
kAcu540.png
Even a peak does not prevent from getting hit, huh?

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

TriUjAr.png
I leave Lithis out of any possible danger.

ShSjcrX.png
Safiya level up

l4sLW2L.png
Karin is dismounted for obvious reasons.

yVzSRSN.png
Honestly I do not know what she got. Since she is dismounted she has slightly worse stats, but Idk the exact debuffs. 

QyyPYK6.png
Captured.

boL08i9.png
HP, luck

3ZkSa6H.png
VyVO5IB.png
81rhfMX.png
Qp1tGgL.png
even with a weaker tome

iBLOyMP.png
Just one more action away of getting fatigued - perfectly timed!

6eQbePZ.png
same for her

YRAccO1.png
PrDvW4e.png
Nanna becomes a paladin.

PrDvW4e.png
HP, skill

Leif seizes.

6eQbePZ.png

Leif: Who was she?

Augustus: I didn't recognize her, but there's little doubt she rode for Fort Dundrum to bring word of our incursion.

Leif: So the enemy will know, we're coming...

Augustus: Just so. And Fort Dundrum is no common encampment - it's regarded as impregnable, even a permanent fixture of the region. Combine that with the advance warning we're given them, and they'll have plenty of time to shore up their defenses even further. The fort's commander is surely no slouch - he's certain to make the most of the extra time to prepare. Indeed, I fear we'll have a most difficult time seizing the fort...

Leif: I see... Still, there's no other route that would allow us to cross the mountains.

Augustus: That seems to be the hand we've been dealt, my prince. If we're to arrive in Tahra in time to act, we must take Fort Dundrum.

Leif: Then there's litte point of standing around and complaining about it. The longer we wait, the fort's defenses will be. This is our only chance, and we'll make most of it.

On 12/31/2019 at 6:33 PM, Eltosian Kadath said:

One advantage of keeping the scrub squad around is Robert can drop him into your Karin's kill range (or the combined attacks of the other two scrub's attacks if he moves in position for a mounted melee strike like he did on the winning run), and gets a +10 accuracy from Selphina's support.

Is it somewhere mentioned who character supports whom?

I can only extract from several conversations (Orsin x Tanya or Fergus x Karin) who give support boosts to each other.

On 1/1/2020 at 6:46 AM, B.Leu said:

Yup, Leif sure do look like his parents huh ? I remember using them to do nothing. 😛
It's kind of hilarious how FE4 and FE5 try to tell us there's a ressemblance but there's not much.

I think they might be hinting that he resembles his sister Altenna.

4 hours ago, Zemuria said:

Is it somewhere mentioned who character supports whom?

I can only extract from several conversations (Orsin x Tanya or Fergus x Karin) who give support boosts to each other.

In game, not reliably. Most characters that have talks, or that have some mentioned relationship have supports, but they can be one-way or double strength, so outside sources makes it far easier to find out what is going on. Serenes Forest has a page that list them here: https://serenesforest.net/thracia-776/characters/support-bonuses/

As for attackin the ballistae I will take Dorius's first advice: Using a small troop to them out

mqpQsiI.png
in person of Karin. She has as much movement as a ballista has rage, so she can take them out with a close combat weapon all alone. However she cannot take all ballistae all on her some are covered by multiple ones. 

Seeing that 10 move on Karin is reminding me of one of my first runs where I gave her the leg ring. Having a flyer that can go from outside a Ballista's range to attacking it in a single turn is so useful (well normal ballista, still can't do that to those miserable Iron Ballista yet...). Plus I rarely have her promoted or with a move level at this point in the game, in which case she can't even safely approach melee range against ballista.

cgh4tCg.png
cPacKrc.png
94BbOGW.png

Alfred looks pretty bad statwise. The only interesting about him is his weapon, another two range magic sword.

I generally find him to be a solid filler unit when the game is tossing around a lot of deployment slots in the midgame, as his stats are good enough to help out, he just can't compete with one of your trained units.

5 hours ago, Zemuria said:

8d2gs2g.png
Thanks to Karin's 10 movement she can visit the village and fly back to safe spot.

Even more reason to be envious/nostalgic of a 10 move Karin...

5 hours ago, Zemuria said:

Since she is dismounted she has slightly worse stats, but Idk the exact debuffs. 

According to Serenes Forest (https://serenesforest.net/thracia-776/classes/mounting-gains/) she should be down 1 strength, 1 skill, 1 speed, 2 defense, and 3 move from her mounted form.

Also fun fact about Largo if you manage to capture him, and hold onto him until the end of the chapter, the end of chapter dialogue is completely different with Dorias talking to Lief instead of Augustus.

Chapter 11

Spoiler

Map Commentary

XlC5YEe.png
gUCyjon.png
vBN95eF.png
N3vmDGa.png
x0wE4zr.png
tmKDOa0.png

Battle Preparations

nHxOYSM.png
Making a bit money.

O1GCHZm.png
My team for this chapter.

QvngEqK.png

8ElfzIU.png
Olwen is talking to one of the most iconic characters in the game, Kempf. Largo already told his opinion about him. He's basically a more cruel Narcian.

Olwen: If you don't send reinforcements, General Largo is a good as dead! Just say the word, and I'll lead the troops to stomp out these invaders! Please, General Kempf... !

Kempf: You claimed this enemy "appeared out of nowhere" to besiege Fort Nowell, but who exactly were they? Remind me: What was your assignment again? I'm just a lowly General of House Friege, and these little details escape me all the time. Ah, wait! It's coming back to me! Reconnaissance, wasn't it? I'm fairly certain that was it. But... that doesn't make sense... If your duty was reconnaisance, surely you'd come to me with more than "they just appeared". So either my memory has failed, you're such an incompetent soldier that you failed even to gather the slighest bit of information!

Olwen: I came here to warn you precisely because no time to do anything else! Listen to yourself! You're badgering me for needless details while our borders are under siege! Does it matter who the attackers are?!

Kempf: And what if this "attack" is merely a ploy to lure us away from the fort? Did you consider that, girlie? Fort Dundrum earned its reputation of being impregnable only because House Friege's 12th Batallion is here to guard it! Without them, the fort is mere stone and slate! If I don't have complete information on our enemy, I can't chance deploying the 12th Batallion. It would weaken our position!

Olwen: And what of General Largo?! Perhaps sending the batallion out is a risk, but he faces certain danger at this very moment!

Kempf: Bah, what's one or two old men in the grand scheme of things? Besider, how could he really have left, anyway?

Olwen: Wh-What?! General Kempf, even now, you... you... 

Kempf: The glare you're shooting at me is almost treasonous on its own. I've had men executed for much less brazen displays of disrespect. So before you back up that glare with equally traitorous words, let me warn you: You're very close to insulting the chain of command. And are you truly willing to defy your superior officer? It's amusing watching you squirm, I admit, but exercise same reason. Are you really up to the task knowing what the Empire do to traitors?

Olwen: Tch...

Kempf: Is that it? You've got quite the mouth on you, but no spine to back up your words.

Olwen: .......

Kempf: You're a single girl who got into Belhalla's military academy on the prestige of her blood, not the skill of her sword-arm. So naive, so obviously to the way of the world... You're lucky to have a commanding officer as understanding as I. Don't worry. I never expected much of you: I know that your only real weapon is to go begging your brother for help. 

Olwen: Wh-What did you just say to me?!

Kempf: Hm? Are you hard of hearing? I said that all you're good for is to go crying for Reinhardt!

Olwen: You... !

Kempf: Oh, how he must dote on you... Then again, Reinhardt's greatest skill is knowing how to lead women on!

Olwen: Hold your tongue! I'll not stand here and let you dishonor my brother! This is unforgivable... ! Have at you!

Kempf: Hah! You dare to draw your sword on me?! You freeble-minded wench!

e1KHKQR.png
vZ0nrhI.png
Kempf makes short shift.

Olwen is carried away from the map.

Kempf: Hah! That should put the impertinent little girl in her place. And if his own sister is executed for mutiny, Reinhardt will no doubt be stripped of his rank as well! Oh, the look on his face when he hears of this will be quite the spectacle. Ahahaha!

ypuYT3o.png

Alfred: Don't play dumb! Why have you done this to Lady Olwen?! It's a violation of our military code to punish a subordinate over a personal grudge like this! You have a responsibility to overturn this! Please, sir, release her at once! Otherwise, I have no choice but report it this matter to Princess Ishtar!

Kempf: Personal grudge? Nonsense! Right where you're standing, Lady Olwen drew her sword against me, her superior officer! She meant to kill me!

Alfred: Wh-What?! That's not possible! She... She would never...

Kempf: Alfred, since you're so well-acquainted with our military code, what's the punishment for turning your sword against a superior officer? Because I seem to recall that it's a crime punishable by execution...

Alfred: ... So that's your goal, is it? Your cowardice knows no bounds...

Kempf: Be that as it may, Olwen's adjutant, her duties now fall to you. I command you to ride forth and engage these invaders in her place. But be warned: this isn't merely an order, it's a punishment. You are not permitted to retreat for any reason! See the battle through, regardless of the outcome, or I'll have Olwen executed!

Alfred: Kempf... ! You're shameless!

Kempf: Hm? Did you say something? Eh, must've just been my imagination. Heh, heh, heh...

Map

U3mMBUg.png
t9vEOWi.png

Chapter 11 is a seize mission. You start outside, but once you enter the fort, mounted units have to be dismounted. The map looks rather simple, as you might have read General Kempf's lines, he has planned a "surprise" for Leif's army. I will come that once the point is reached. This chapter unlocks another siequest. One condition is to beat this chapter within 30 turns which should not be a problem at all since it can be done within 10 turns. As for the other condition I will come that later as well.

MJYoRoR.png
hCQA8SK.png
The archers outside have each a killer bow. It's definitely recommend to capture them.

CT2c2jx.png
The armor knights around Alfred carry long lances and javelins.

q6nmCee.png
3dV7et9.png
zx4IW7A.png
Alfred has the same stats and weapons as in the former chapter before. Important note: He will not attack you in this chapter. Also don't come up with the idea to steal his vulnerary.

hVw36kc.png
GSdDOEr.png
Thunder mages and a thunder bishop in the throne room. No seige tomes in this chapter.

TLwh2Qy.png
Kempf is a mage knight, the same class Olwen is. He can use swords and tomes. He has some interesting weapons:

3zAgTVP.png
a more powerful brave sword

TjZT1kF.png
very strong thunder tome with a high critchance

BwD9YVC.png
Looks rather like a joke-weapon on him. 

This weapons are so heavy, that capturing is the only way to get them.

Bu9wikX.png
Dragging out the outdoor enemies.

i5wyPqJ.png
more Kempf speeches

Kempf: Are they being led by... a boy? Why, he can't be more than 14 or 15! I've got swords that older than him! Ah, I see... That must be the wayward Prince Leif! First Olwen, and now Prince Leif marches right up to my doorstep! The gods are most generous today - this is my chance! All hands hear me: I've a plan for such an occasion as this, but for it to work, you must lure the enemy inside! And don't be too obvious about it! Prepare to launch Operation Portcullis!

He mentioned a prepared trap for me.

QacPjp1.png
7wJuAa0.png
LC8o3KJ.png
HP, defense

K7wicWl.png
gowC7va.png
7y32hBG.png
o8VJ0uG.png
Only the archers are left. I do not expect to kill them one of my alliest.

2Osw2hn.png
NTtsFEq.png
This time he did not let me down.

fQc6xKW.png
HP, strength, speed

t8vU3PU.png
X5a8jMP.png
Captured.

roiZLT0.png
dyLzt10.png
Tanya did not want that killer bow. Oh well...

FSrJvD4.png
Nanna is baiting the knights.

l0fRT05.png
Well, that was my origin idea. Forgot to equip him to a hand axe.

KyjD7m5.png
The practical benefit from wrath is that she needs less uses of her earth sword.

hKpGSEG.png
Nanna has the armorslayer equipped.

o0y3OLi.png
DLTVa6w.png
x4mvuAP.png
GrN7Cdp.png
hzDF72W.png
Seriously this is what I expected from Leif, not from her.

TUeGV0J.png

According to Serenes Forest (https://serenesforest.net/thracia-776/classes/mounting-gains/) she should be down 1 strength, 1 skill, 1 speed, 2 defense, and 3 move from her mounted form.

then her level up must be strength, magic, skill, luck

r3P2wQl.png
One step above is where the fort actually "starts" and the trap is waiting for.

Note: Do not step in with Leif unless everyone else has entered the fort.

JKYFZLr.png
Captured.

z93lIo9.png
VeqQ85f.png
HP, skill, luck

Dv8rvxq.png
ntgMN2q.png crit
7cOBHG2.png
cmYjNQp.png
HP, strength, luck    She stole Leif's strength.

VwGzjTt.png
Since everyone else is inside building, Leif can enter too.

XGYpgIh.png
Here's the TRAP!

EkQi7ar.png
I can tell I fell for it before (not shown).

FSDy9da.png
One part of the trap is two ambush ballistas.

ZKz3nDC.png
Conversation between Leif and Alfred

Leif: When our forces met in Nowell Valley, I respected the honour with which your army conducted itself! It seems I was mistaken!

Alfred: ... On behalf of my home, my honor compels me to agree with you. The crusader Thrud would not fought using such treachery. This is all because that fool of a man, General Kempf. This disgrace is his doing. As a knight, I'm loath to give my life in service of such a foul plan. You seem to be an honorable lad. I've self-control enough to not turn my sword against you if you can promise the same. 

Leif: ... If you've no mind to fight, sir, then we have no reason to meddle with you. In fact, we may even be able to help each other. I'd wager the both of us have little energy to spare, now.

Alfred: I... can agree on these terms. I've many things left undone. ... It's settled then. We can both agree that our time is better spent devising an escape.

Leif: Very well. My forces will storm the castle's interior in short order. When that happens, you should make your escape to the south - we can take care of the gate ourselves. Are we in agreement?

Alfred: We are. It appears I owe you quite the debt... I'm Alfred, proud knight of House Stase. I would know your name as well, friedn.

Leif: ... It's Leif. Leif of House Leonster.

Alfred: House Leonster?! I... I see... Well, Lord Leif. I believe we'll meet again one of these days!

yEBWAlP.png
Alfred turns into a NPC.

Everyone is open to these ballista attacks, including Alfred.

Bixt5MG.png
Both ballistas have exactly 25 attack. Alfred would have exactly one HP left if both hit him. However there comes the main problem of this chapter. The second condition of unlocking 11x is Alfred's survival. Otherwise no one can stop Olwen's execution. Unfortunately this AI is programmed that an unit only uses a vulnerary once it is <50% HP. If Alfred gets hit once, he'll have 16/31 HP left and stand still. In the next enemy phase both ballistas could kill him. Means Fred's survival is based on luck (as several things in this game). There is no way to heal or rescue him. The only way you can do, is to seize the throne ASAP.

The second part of the trap is the appearing of doors which slow down the further progress, so have a thief with lockpicks a / o door keys around.

3hbhAPY.png
Lithis is out of the ballistae range since he cannot take two hits. They will go for Fred likely.

sK1KOen.png
Dodged both!

rQlHG42.png
CDtn6dP.png
Move again - this is helpful!

LRWB2M0.png
Asbel can reach Kempf now.

7050nka.png
He needs a crit or adept.

ymJttHg.png
7iLa0um.png
Damn, he dodges both attack.

Note: Kempf will always dodge.

qWA6F2v.png
JFWw0lM.png
I'm close to the end.

If things become critical to Alfred, I'll skip the chest. It is not urgent to get this one.

7l8yU0E.png
YUAN0rr.png
As you would expect from such a coward, he leaves the map. Since no one replaces the throne, Leif can easily seize once the enemies in my way are taken out.

G2Mh3S7.png
ZQ5CwqO.png
Lithis dodges everything.

Lc5prz6.png
kKuU4Oh.png
At least it only costs one Grafcalibur use per enemy.

IvqlAKk.png
This is the situation I did not want to see happening.

FgfERwq.png
I could take out all the enemies ans seize in this turn, but I would like to get the chest in the next turn. Alfred can die if both ballistea hit. Since they have a hitchance of ~50%, I trust he will dodge 1/2 at least.

a06rLRf.png
v7PRxER.png
FPCxeNu.png
So much for that... getting the chest in the next turn. By using Lithis in combat I lose a turn.

8xMivGJ.png
15whRkf.png
HP, speed, luck

ZEVdLVz.png
NsDeyH9.png
UaB6m3j.png
HP, strength, speed, defense    Not all hopes are lost in him!

XjvsjEH.png
Well, this level up would also be the corpse if Alfred dies... so not celebrating early...

9rFaYa9.png
bvqH9GA.png
skill, speed, defense

rA2ITha.png
one dodge!

oKrqLZD.png
one hit!

HHnwcjs.png
Perfect, this will give me two more player turns.

cghMfWm.png
iNtzZh6.png
mPfidf2.png
HP, speed, defense

WjIbbB8.png
ODZfArV.png
Two fatigued allies. Nanna will use the stamina drink. Asbel will take a little break.

wWfUKhp.png
torch staff

cbhYBJd.png
I made it!

In game, not reliably. Most characters that have talks, or that have some mentioned relationship have supports, but they can be one-way or double strength, so outside sources makes it far easier to find out what is going on. Serenes Forest has a page that list them here: https://serenesforest.net/thracia-776/characters/support-bonuses/

Thanks, I will check it out.

Seeing that 10 move on Karin is reminding me of one of my first runs where I gave her the leg ring. Having a flyer that can go from outside a Ballista's range to attacking it in a single turn is so useful (well normal ballista, still can't do that to those miserable Iron Ballista yet...). Plus I rarely have her promoted or with a move level at this point in the game, in which case she can't even safely approach melee range against ballista.

Karin is one of the most reliable units in this game because of her mobility, definitely one I would invest the most into.

I generally find him to be a solid filler unit when the game is tossing around a lot of deployment slots in the midgame, as his stats are good enough to help out, he just can't compete with one of your trained units.

I mean no unit in this game is really bad, but I compare him to a level 1 cavalier from chapter 9, the differences are marginally despite being one tier behind.

Also fun fact about Largo if you manage to capture him, and hold onto him until the end of the chapter, the end of chapter dialogue is completely different with Dorias talking to Lief instead of Augustus.

Hmm, how can he captured? I guess only with the armorslayer, but I do not want to know the hitrate...

Chapter 11x

Spoiler

UeelJN6.png
Kempf

Kempf: They seem to be led by Leif, the rebel prince who caused a stir when he escaped from the dungeons of Castle Manster. This has escolated beyond a mere border skrimish. I must ride for Belhalla at once and alert the Imperial Army's high command. Not to imply that this relieves you of your duties, of course. I still have orders for you and your men. Your platoon is to barricade itself inside this wing of the fortress, and shall the rebels for as long as possible. Buy me time.

Oltoph: B-But General, the enemy has already breached the fort's interior! My men and I cannot possibly withstand a prolonged siege!

Kempf: Nonsense! You still have one final means of defense: the balistrariae.

Oltoph: Balistrariae?! But how are to fit those massive weapons in here, let alone fire th-

Kempf: Not ballistae, you imbecile! Balistrariae! You see those narrow gaps built into the walls of the southern corridor? You think they're just for decoration? It was built like that so defenders could stand safely behing the walls and fire projectiles through the gaps of invaders. The technical term for those gaps is "balistrariae". It's a big word that adults usually learn after they're able to read.

Oltoph: ... You want us to hubble behind those gaps in the walls and take potshots at the invaders?! Y-You're asking us to die... !

Kempf: No, I'm ordering to kill these invaders before they kill you. There's a tremendous difference. Mind you, no parts of my orders require you to die. In fact, if you die, you have only yourself to blame. Oh, and I am not "asking" anything. You used that word, not I. These are orders.

Oltoph: I... understand. If... if this is the order, I have no choice in the matter.

Kempf: That's the first smart thing you've said, Bishop. Take your own advice and follow my orders - otherwise you'll keeping Olwen company in the dungeon. Ah, speaking of which, you mustn't forget to dispose of the prisoners. They'll only cause trouble if they manage to survive all this.

Oltoph: ... As you wish, General.

Kempf: Don't look so glump, Bishop. If you should happen to die here, you can rest knowing your death served a purpose.

Oltoph: ...

ArYam4S.png
cSxhGU3.png
Olwen is stuck in a cell alongside with innocent children.

5y2hJD7.png
1TnER00.png
qvxHbM7.png
kr4YBcs.png
Truly the most disturbing part of this game.

Olwen: I'd heared rumors, but... I was sure it was just rebel propaganda. I never ever considered that it could be true... For the Empire to be doing so heinous... This is inexcusable! I believed in the Empire, I trusted House Friege... and this is what they've been doing all along?!

Little girl: Please, ma'am, help us! Take us back home!

Olwen: ... Everything's going to be alright. You don't have to worry anymore, little one. They won't lay a finger on you ever again. On my honor, I'll protect each and everyone of you! Even, if it costs me my life... !

Map

9FCiKNf.png

You start at bottom and have to pass this long narrowed path (Kempf called it as balistrariae) where you can be attacked from to sides. 

rixDSvX.png
YO3oCNK.png

There are lots of enemies in this isolated gaps, but there are rather weak.

9lUG0ZD.png
The goal is to reach Olwen at the top right of the map. The enemy will go after her, so you can't take infinite time in this chapter. She must be freed asap.

oD8qOoa.png
She can take 2-3 hits.

XAOFPQJ.png
rnXISAd.png
spotted mage

1BHYHy1.png
For the enemy applies: quantity > quality

qdPmv80.png
nRV3foY.png

after using the torch

S8tPtqs.png
There's a lot of crap, but some will be defeated in the first enemy phase.

WGgYbOJ.png

6rKaSlQ.png
p8i0qsT.png
HP, speed, luck

Four enemies were defeated in the first enemy phase and none of my units took damage.

V8Zc7JD.png
The soldiers cannot wait till her execution.

4G0hr21.png
WjFl5O2.png
pamQUHd.png
Alfred comes to save her.

Alfred

UzzuNTO.png
Alfred is now playable now. He still has the same stats and the thunder sword. Furthermore he has a door key to open Olwen's cell door and her weapons which she carried in chapter 10.

Alfred's part is to take the nothern area of this map all on his own to kill all the soldiers and free Olwen quickly. Unlike Olwen he has some defense, so you don't have to worry about him dying.

MhzhVDa.png
LkeKD5E.png
dLY3ysz.png
tjE4rVK.png
kHQxP5T.png
9aIsy6g.png crit
jsTRZ1q.png
I almost managed the path.

3RTyyQA.png
Safiya is the only one who has to stay back. 

oOatBUd.png
The way to Olwen is blocked with soldiers. Alfred will have no problem to solo them all.

Fi5F6OR.png
first taken damage in this chapter (if I exclude Olwen)

LjWix5G.png
strength, speed

RiAosdD.png
TKJo7Zi.png
The soldiers are so bad.

etBJaPV.png
Olwen takes damage again. The RNG doesn't come to my favor so far since the hitrate of the javelin is only ~40%. She can survive one more hit.

VusMAPH.png
Elfire is stronger but also more inaccurate.

5NQcCyX.png
Woah, this is the boss. He uses a siege tome, but he looks weak.

77PaBw9.png
This position allows Alfred to kill the guy in the next turn who hit Olwen multiple times.

MXhutZ4.png
Two, possibly three more soldiers between Alfred and Olwen.

vwGe5mX.png
atO7JrC.png
iKRG6dM.png
Pretty much done with the path.

FMI7JbA.png
ouch

LHLqS2p.png
OUCH! Seriously?! As lucky I was with the RNG to Alfred in chapter 11, as unlucky I am with Olwen. Now Fred MUST get rid of everyone.

BAk3oz3.png
Missed with 99% at a time like this... WHYYYYYYY!?

kVHXgbj.png
MdTIShI.png
strength, skill, speed, luck, defense    This Tanya is fricking amazing!

ml0PuBo.png
xmpldI5.png
She killed the majority of the enemies on her own.

RgzqpvB.png
at least perfect damage... if he hits twice

zKAOjLn.png
good!

w8QHAIn.png
And this guy cannot reach Olwen, so she should be saved... unless some "surprises" will await for me once.

5UMcPjI.png
Another narrowed but shorter path. Though this area covers the attack range of Oltoph.

KOSXXt0.png
Captured.

dzHtu3U.png
... was my plan

rJmTNSE.png
I forgot to mention that Safiya has the staff level to use the rescue staff, obtained in chapter 10.

IFCP9cY.png

Qz0obWH.png
dodges again

DIXVeQh.png
W9egjfW.png
9hG0Y0j.png
All obstacles are out of my way.

KmUaEET.png

Alfred opens Olwen's cell.

xpRL0KM.png
Everyone breaks out including Olwen what I don't like to see since one more blow will finish her off.

Alfred talks to her.

Wyn74UL.png

Alfred: Think nothing of it, milady. I'm just glad you're safe. Now, we must move quickly if we're to escape... Hm? What's come over you? You're white as a sheet!

Olwen: Alfred... What have we really been fighting for?

Alfred: What do you mean, milady?

Olwen: What exactly have I accomplished? How many children have been stolen from their families under my watch? How many caravans of children have I helped send to Belhalla? How many... How many sacrifices to Loptous have I made possible?

Alfred: Lady Olwen...

Olwen: Never before have I had such... doubt... about what I've done. I believed that as long as I followed my brother, there could be no questioning the righteousness of my path. But now... Now I'm as blind as a newborn! I can't be certain of anything! I have nothing to believe in! I... I don't know what to do... 

Alfred: ... Lady Olwen, I can tell you only one thing for certain: your place isn't with the Empire and its army. Not anymore. But perhaps there could be a place for us in Prince Leif's army.

Olwen: Join Prince Leif?! H-He's the enemy! He always has been!

Alfred: ... I met Prince Leif, albeit briefly. Just from what little I saw, his values are far more in line with ours than the Empire's are. Whatever it is you've lost sight of, Lady Olwen, we can find it again in his army!

Olwen: ... If you're convinced of Prince Leif's honor, Alfred, then that's where we'll go.

pvAHlUV.png
QUcEqs1.png
HP, strength, skill

VAB6gh3.png
The boss is in sight now.

0KEcC34.png
He has only seige tomes which means he can be captured instantly by everyone who's > 8 con.

uWRffxq.png
rDU27Wa.png
HP, strength, speed    Her strength-roll continues!

W6aHYVk.png
Olwen can kick ass now. Her brave tome is instant death to everyone.

u5F71Ih.png
Around the boss are two mages with each a wind tome. I want to capture them since wind is rare and definitely the best spell to use.

097az30.png
SHIT!!! I didn't check the attack range. 

Let the children the escape will give me a reward - I suspect - so I retry.

:::::::::::::::::::

Aorwie8.png
All kids could be rescued.

K9vLNba.png
Tanya got a worse level unfortunately. HP, skill

QHs2sql.png
nope

lybGACL.png
Dropping the first two.

1rWK5Nc.png

ocpbZIQ.png
Dropping the final one.

3cfRxKd.png
1Vzt7TZ.png
Sight at the throne room. Besides the Oltoph and the wind mages there are three battle axe knights. I would like to capture the axe too.

fckqmy2.png
Holy shit - reinforcements!

It1UKPo.png
One kid could be captured.

4DvONKA.png
KLGf7Cl.png
They do like no damage to him.

TH1bn6D.png
HP, strength, luck     The second time strength in a row.

HqRjOXE.png
9CB6may.png
The kid is saved. Alfred and Olwen block the path. I hope there won't be more surprises...

JJDf9kG.png
Looks like if these were the only reinforcements... thankfully.

cUAr4Zq.png
Time to get rid of the rest.

e0dONiV.png
jWDDLaQ.png
He can't counterattack, so he's captured at once.

wkbSCDq.png
I can't take all of Oltoph's stuff. The meteor is pointless.

After releasing him:

qmM5xGS.png

5ou8SwN.png
gg6EKDT.png

3g5qhre.png
0KZPEGf.png
Taking both wind tomes.

9dTB3Rh.png
HP, strength, skill

rIrVf7h.png
Taking the battle axe.

Pe8gIpZ.png
Final enemy is defeated.

YHwmzVE.png
HP, magic, skill, luck

Leif seizes.

AIWLSNE.png

Dorius: Supposing they allowed Tahra to defy them, countless cities would follow suit. It's for this very reason that the Empire has summoned troops from across Judgral just to attack one city: they move to both Tahra and its hopes all at once. I've even heared that the Gelbenritter have recalled from Belhalla to join in the assault. 

Leif: The Gelbenritter... That's House Friege's elite battalion of knights, correct?

Dorius: Indeed, but they are no mere knights. They're Mage Knights, each of them handpicked for the job, and each of them a noble from House Friege's inner circle. They're one of the strongest - if not THE strongest - batallions of knights in the continent. To make matter worse, they're led by none other than Princess Ishtar - the woman feared as the Goddess of Thunder. And her adjudant, Sir Reinhardt, is a damned warrior in his own right. Some even believe the reincarnation of the crusader Thrud.

Augustus: A man who readily lends his hand to child hunting is what you call a "damned fine warrior"? How typical... knights are so hopeless. You've lost sight of reality!

Dorius: Augustus! You insult me, speaking so brashly! Just what is that I'm unaware of?! Please, do tell!

Augustus: Need I spell it out? Reinhardt is Ishtar's adjuntant and guardian. Ishtar is the bethroned of Crown Prince Julius. Julius - the very same man the people call "Scion of Darkness", need I remind you - is the vessel of the dark god Loptous! Ultimately, anyone who serves Julius in any way is ushering the world closer to destruction!

Olwen: It's not like that at all! My brother... My lord brother, Reinhardt, is no servant of Loptous.

Augustus: ... And who you might be?

Olwen: Olwen, sister of Sir Reinhardt.

Leif: For her own reasons, she wishes to accompany our army. I gave her leave to do so, unless you have objections.

Augustus: ... I see. If that's the case, Olwen, take a good, hard look at what the Empire has done here. See them what they truly are.

Well, it looks like that I don't get Mareeta, so my playthrough is entirely ruined.

The forum says otherwise.

SXJY2VS.png?1

I made a poll that regarding this issue.

Edited by Zemuria

18 hours ago, Zemuria said:

The only way you can do, is to seize the throne ASAP.

If you open the three doors to the south he will flee in that direction, but this is an interesting alternative.

16 hours ago, Zemuria said:

Looks like if these were the only reinforcements... thankfully.

I think there are more reinforcements that spawn from the stairs Alfred appeared at, but they come fairly late (I want to say after or around turn 10, its been a while since I've taken this map slow enough to see them) and they don't spawn after the boss is captured or killed.

19 hours ago, Zemuria said:

Well, it looks like that I don't get Mareeta, so my playthrough is entirely ruined.

The forum says otherwise.

SXJY2VS.png?1

I made a poll that regarding this issue.

If you feel the run is ruined, who am I to argue. One thing I will note, is having to kill Galzus due to the lost Mareeta will let you see an interesting little easter egg on the final map.

Replayed till chapter 12x.

A short summary:

I visited the village in chapter 9 in the top north which gives

cNGNRJH.png
XOHCtYE.png
the Fjalar's Scroll. This is amazing for Leif because it can increase his physical and magical combat.

I captured the flame sword from the knight in chapter 10 but therefore I failed to caputure the stamina drink and rapier from one of the thieves.

In general I captured way more than in my first run, so I could make a lot more money which will be used to buy stamina drinks in chapter 14.

In my run I had three deaths and two of them were could not be more ridiculous:

Spoiler
  • Asbel died in chapter 4x because he failed hitting with 99% and the enemy counterattacked him to death with like 25%.
  • Macha was critted by the silver bow sniper (last enemy on the map) with 1% crit.
  • Tanya was oneshotted by the trap ballistas in chapter 10 (that was the only death I have to take full responsibility).

I resetted for all deaths.

Units's overview:

Spoiler

mbp03oF.png
Leif turned out into something in this run. I only gave him a life ring. He has been the biggest winner of this run.

BNHRQ1W.png
Fergus is a bit worse, but still alright.

AGsFLDE.png
Nanna is stronger.

h8eBZcq.png
Halvan is pretty much the same.

YExK9iC.png
Same goes for Othis aside of being promoted. Heroes can use swords as secondary weapon.

6p0unBm.png
Lithis is the biggest loser obviously.

ofIwOCH.png
Tanya is normal. She was strengthblessed in my first run.

8ToNPRT.png
Safiya is still the same.

BXMnwTE.png
Asbel is a bit tankier, gave him a life ring.

zn2HyBo.png
Callion is amazing. The scrolls on him in chapter 9 were pure success.

7aInDLj.png
Karin is even better. Considering her level the BEST unit! She has not been even promoted yet.

q0oCnQI.png
Finn is pretty much the same.

9igI6WL.png
Ronan....... is alive.

tiPJ8g4.png
Same goes for Lara, but she HAS to.

cET5Z4G.png
A bit better I belive...

BdDbJk8.png
Much worse than in my former run although he was very blessed there.

2tsh5ja.png
His very few levels were good.

RS3M76p.png
Marty is....... still MARTY.

IJoDjLg.png
Dagdar got a level but no stats...

Everyone else has not gained a level yet.

Edited by Zemuria

Chapter 12 Part 1

Spoiler

Map Commentary

V9ecXzf.png
rLz0VMV.png
CrOqR5l.png
tUhj4Bx.png
bnuff2M.png
NMRYXU0.png
2gBwWm4.png
2Ges1ue.png

Battle Preparations

u5Y02Sa.png

If you are wondering why I am bringing the minimum of units to this chapter...... better don't ask me! I have not paid attention to the right number.

Nr0pS6m.png

aRCaDpx.png
Pan and Salem, both can join Leif's army.

Salem: Come now, it was all thanks to you that I managed to survive. I'll be fine.

Pan: Still, those loptian lunatics are a sadistic bunch, ain't they? If we hadn't happened to pass by, you'd have been a goner for sure.

Salem: ... The Loptian Order never forgives betrayal. That is one of their highest tenets...

Pan: "Betrayal" is a bit of stretch, ain't it? I mean, you just said you wanted to leave the Order, that's all. It ain't right to kill a man just because he wants to go his own way. ... But I gotta ask you, why'd you want to leave in the first place? I hear the Loptian bishops have even more power than the Emperor now. That's an awful luxurious position to just walk away from. 

Salem: I... no longer understood the Order. That was my reason - nothing more - nothing less. 

Pan: Simple as that, huh? I like the cut of your jib, kid. How about you join up with me and my crew? We could use someone like you. If you're up for it, that is.

Salem: I admit... your unusal sense of ethics hasn't gone unnoticed by me. You're bandits, true, but you do not kill, and you refuse to steal from the poor. So long as you continue to abide by that code, I'll agree to stay here.

Pan: I'm not in the hobby of murder, myself, but our crew has swelled in number lately, and I can't say the same for the new folks. Especially this one hothead, Colho. Him and his lackeys are gettin' antsy about how I won't let them drop any bodies during a heist.

Salem: It's more than that. Colho and his followers are truly wicked men - they've been attacking travelers and passing merchants.

Pan: Ah... so you already heared of them, huh? I'll get right to the point, then: I'm plannin' on cuttin' ties with the lot of them. Long as Trude comes with me, I can manage just fine. Of course, I'm hoping you'll also come along, Salem.

Salem: Don't forget about Tina. See that you're mindful of her feelings, and don't be too harsh with her - she's little more than a child.

Pan: Hah... all right, alright. Anyhow, I'm headed back inside. Looks like you get your wish, 'cause I'm trusting you with guard duty. Don't say I never did anything for you. Just be on the lookout for the Imperial Army. With all the troops they're sending to Tahra, they might come through the forest. If they find us, we'll be sitting ducks. 

Salem: Not to worry. If anyone draws near, I'll use my sleep staff to send them into a deep night's slumber. 

T67KBVM.png
This guy is Saias. You already can see him in chapter 6, if Mareeta was spared in chapter 5. Same goes for this dialogue.

KWsVKDW.png
Here's Mareeta, very alive and of sound mind. 

Saias: I regret having to leave you behind like this, but your wounds seem to have healed nicely. You'll be fine just on your own.

Mareeta: ... I don't know how I can ever repay you, Bishop. If not for you, I ...

Saias: You certainly don't lack for gratitude but everything else about you - your stance, your face - is marred by regret. What happened was unavoidable - your will was pitted against darkness itself, and the Shadow Sword's influence was strong indeed. Your pentinence for turning the blade against your mother is beyond question. You'd do well to put the memory behind you. But if my words cannot convince you, I offer the sword itself as a proof: I've dispelled the curse place upon the blade. Now I offer it to you as a symbol that no darkness is impenetrable, and no regret is inredeemabl

Mareeta: Y-You want me to use that damned sword?! I'm not laying a finger on that foul thing ever again!

Saias: You want to carry on your mother's legacy and become a swordmaster, do you not? If that's your goal, you must learn to understand weapons in a different light. All weapons, all swords, are the product of human intent. They are what they are because their creator wished them to be that way. Hold blades are cursed blades alike were forged by the hands of men. They are an extension of will, a manifestation of purpose. Take the Shadow Sword. Use it on your own ends. Assert your will over that which once robbed you of it. In so doing, you can rewrite the legacy of this evil blade into something more. Use its power to forge a new future - for it and for yourself. if you wish to live as Swordmaster, you must learn to cherish all blades, for they are the tools that allow you to enact your will. See them not as reminder of the past, but as means to archieve a new future. For if you cannot unshackle yourself from the past, you cannot call yourself a Swordmaster. 

Mareeta: I... I think I understand. I'll wield the sword, and cherish it as a symbol of how not even the foulest magic could overcome my mother's love for me. 

Saias: Very good. If you have the resolve to keep that sword in hand, I've a feeling that all the gods may reunite you with your mother someday. With that, I'm afraid I must be going. I've lingered here much too long. I doubt that we'll across paths again, but I pray you find happiness.

Mareeta: The same to you, Bishop Saias. Be well. ... Thank you for everything!

Map

yjqUinf.png

Chapter 12 is a fug of war map, the very first one of a main story chapter. Means bringing a torch or a torch staff will be useful. Also bring a thief because there's a broken bridge in the way which can be stored only by a thief. Also bring Olwen because in one of the village only she gets a special item no one else does. 

Note: These villages only give a reward, if the according child could escape in chapter 11x.

Since the terrain offers tons of forest tiles and thickets the progress will be rather slowly. Also the hitrates will take a nerf.

Mareeta will join in turn two.

4dsjpam.png
After using the torch staff you can see lots of bandits who carry iron, steel and hand axes.

nxj8Yop.png
One of them drops a bridge key. So if you don't have a thief in your party, capture him, to open the bridge with anyone.

gQ1h3Nl.png
LwFjLda.png
Colho is a mid / miniboss. He has a stealable vantage skill, so make sure to get it.

c5LKqcq.png
Karin flies towards this village which can be visited by anyone.

dELF7yI.png
Same goes for that village at bottom of the screen.

All the villages offer a very good item. Reinforcements will try to destroy them, so take a visit asap.

VXvx2mm.png
KCJpITQ.png
8kl8y5i.png
P3qIoWp.png
Colho's speech

LYtpBv8.png
If you read the opening conversation, you know that Salem is the boss who has a sleep staff. 

Same what went for poison condition in chapter 5 also applies to sleep or silence. This status affect will last till the end of a chapter unless you have a restore staff. Since I do not have one and as far as I know there's no way to have access to one till this chapter, these units will be unable to fight till the rest of chapter. However only units can be put to sleep how have a lower magic stat than the sleep staff user and sleep can - as other staves - miss. In this battle animation you can see, if this hit or not. In this case it did not!

Each mounted unit who is put to sleep will be automatically dismounted. The worst what can happen is that the enemy can capture the asleep unit without combat action, if their build is higher than the asleep unit. Since these bandits tend to have a higher build than most of my allies, it can become a serious problem.

You might pose the appropirate question, if this would be an instant Game Over, if Leif was put to sleep in this chapter. The answer is that I do not think the enemy's AI is programmed to use the sleep staff on Leif which would be utter bullshit if this really would have to happen. Someone must carry him through the entire map to prevent it. In general the sleep staff user usually targets the enemy with the highest HP.

mCggZ2g.png
good dodge

9MfQJYj.png
Now Mareeta joins.

Q5n7IT0.png
cagFfqK.png
zKcdRTC.png
uvKOcIq.png
zHAxYHs.png
Y5ElUTo.png

9pMjgZb.png
Mareeta appears far away of the others, so he has to settle things on her very own.

WmAcxsg.png
pd05NKz.png
yXDdRD9.png
QGuGy5N.png
She has the same stats and skils as in chapter 5.

obbZRuj.png
The Shadow Sword turned into Mareeta's Blade, her personal as awesome sword. It is a brave sword which also grants the nihil skill. 

Mareeta is easily the best myrmidon of the game and also one of the best units in the game. She comes with luna and a great personal sword, so there is little reason not to use her. She might need a few scrolls because her bases are mediocre, so mediocre that she cannot take two hits in this chapter. On a forest tile she should be fine.

Note: The village where Mareeta appears, can be visited. It grants a vulnerary to everyone except Olwen. If she visits it, she'll get a magic ring.

rVv1UWp.png
D6gkK9S.png
PuRW4Qo.png
yN1G29r.png
t53HOcI.png

The silence staff could be used against Salem, if he is my field of sight.

But since Safiya is fatigued, no one has the weapon rank to use it.

uwliZjZ.png
Opening the way to visit the second village:

jvdeBou.png
fO3S5LL.png
lUvmMiv.png
nGtGPSe.png
UgwkNkY.png
UQTzBUG.png
JoQ4bn6.png
The Heim's scroll is perfect for a magic using unit, but it could also be used on Leif to deal more damage with his light brand.

ZV3f9OZ.png
I rush with Asbel through the map since he's the most reliable unit regarding hitrates.

zHoXzi9.png
EHNFHYV.png
Oh, that's nice. I did not check out, if he can use elfire now.

l49lfru.png
magic, skill   The only needed stats

P99LYw8.png
You can see that this village is open.

fukiCic.png
no enemy in sight

UQmLhZC.png
again trying for Callion

MnoIEaL.png
It missed again. Otherwise you would not fight. I can be really glad it missed because otherwise he would have been captured by this enemy including his paragon sword. Recapturing would have become tricky.

1TruViY.png
6% hit

Ib6bcC0.png
18% hit

nice job, guys  :/

2ptKD3t.png
skill, con     As bad as he is, I gladly take that con. He has leveled as much con as speed so far. 🤔

😕

3zmiW9U.png
At least one person can dodge low hitrates.

6AsoDyc.png
Nanna missed with her first attack, so no crit and enemy survived.

WF3ozDX.png
a poor enemy phase  

6Qn0lSL.png
HP, strength   She is still leveling strength even without scrolls. 80% strength growth so far is a pure bless!

eapgNJX.png
Olwen's first combat. I gave her a wind tome not to waste uses of dire thunder and having better accuracy and AS.

vOXybYS.png
Enemy cannot kill her, so I can take this risk.

XuoZfk3.png
Kill for Lithis?

DPMsEzb.png
Of course not!

It does not matter since he will replaced by someone else very soon.

STmUFFU.png
So Callion has to finish him off.

lOajgto.png
HP, strength, magic, luck, defense   He still has all the scrolls, so this level up was predictable.

lOajgto.png
Two bandits are dangerously close to Maretta.

jDXDkyA.png
Even on a forest tile, she cannot take two hits which means her survival is a bit luckbased.

oO7OZnR.png
I have enough trust in her not getting hit multiple times by one digit hitrates.

TGytH44.png
... She proves me wrong. Damn girl, I wasted four hours for you just to revive you. She might have a very short appearance in this game.

xYKeeU9.png
Z7NpPe4.png
Well, that's better!

Oa3mak2.png
HP, luck  

u5qRK73.png
This area is almost cleared up.

2OcUMDw.png
Salem is in my view of sight.

Salem

HO8k9sA.png?1
VsjnwKx.png
QU6I7Wv.png
Salem is the only dark magic user in the game as far as I know. The game named this class after the Loption Order which is strange, but whatever. With his eight magic can use his sleep staff on literally everyone of my brought team. As you can see: if a staff misses, it doesn't cost an use. That's why he still has three uses of his sleep staff left.

Salem is the boss, but he is also recruitable. You just have to capture him which is easier to do with him than with the boss from chapter 8 since Salem is very low level with the according stats. Once he is captured, he will not only join your team, but he also brings you to another sidequest.

This would be the golden opportunity to silence him. Idk if he could be captured automatically once he is silenced since he would be unable to counterattack. I would assume, but I cannot prove it right now.

XXDvwfF.png
bVtDHPU.png
HP, strength, skill, speed, luck    Excellent!

nmadHQ5.png
Asbel level

frflEzk.png
damn... bad positioning

Well, I hope she will dodge once at least.

gq4Uy1p.png
This is Tina who also was mentioned in the conversation between Pan and Salem.

Tina: I brought up you a midnight snack! What with it being so cold out, I figured you could use a nice, hot meal!

Salem: You should stay inside and get your rest. Ladies need their beauty sleep, or so I'm told.

Tina: Aw... you're no fun...

Salem: ... You're worried about your sister, aren't you? Is that what's keeping you awake? You said her name was Safiya, right? Well, you don't need to worry one moment longer. You'll see her again. I'll make sure of it. I'll help you find her.

Tina: D-Do you mean it?! Oh, thank you, Salem! You're just the best! Well, I'll get out of your hair - how DO you get your hair like that, anyway? - and let you get back to lookout or whatever. Nighty-night, Salem! ... You better not forget your promise!

Tina is Safiya's little sister. She'll become relevant in the unlocked side chapter.

bwP8AEx.png
He uses another sleep staff instead of attacking Mareeta, so she should be fine.

uPCtq5D.png
His third attempt hits. I can live with it since all enemies in this area are already defeated, so Carrion is not in danger anymore getting captured. Still I would like to see an unbroken sleep staff uses before capturing him.

wkxuzyu.png
No stats like stoned condition. Dealing with sleep is a pain in the game.

DqfkO68.png
Karin secures the village from enemies who will destroy the village. I do not know who and when they do it, but I know at least, they exist.

Wr1AAPf.png
Lol, Mareeta can capture Salem. It is a risk, but if she uses luna or crits, she should be able to take him out with four attempts.

Kovr6za.png
8u5nRzg.png
perfect

H9vPw26.png
However she is everything but safe by having halved stats...

Edited by Zemuria

So many cool characters in this chapter, it's crazy. Too bad two of them wants to murder you. 😛
Praise Mareeta and her sword !

11 hours ago, Zemuria said:

2ptKD3t.png
skill, con     As bad as he is, I gladly take that con. He has leveled as much con as speed so far. 🤔

Can really see the stats yeah. 😛
I jest, everyone do that kind of mistake when taking screenshots and pictures, so annoying when it happens.

Edited by B.Leu

18 hours ago, Zemuria said:

Wr1AAPf.png
Lol, Mareeta can capture Salem. It is a risk, but if she uses luna or crits, she should be able to take him out with four attempts.

Kovr6za.png
8u5nRzg.png
perfect

H9vPw26.png
However she is everything but safe by having halved stats...

Oh wow you captured him without a warp use, and with some Sleep staff uses left. That is rather impressive. Although with Jormungand poisoning on a hit (and him having some crit) that was an extremely dicey move.

Chapter 12 Part 2

Spoiler

ADzwba4.png
Since reinforcements should not destroy the house anymore, Karin can support Mareeta.

qomRNeU.png
Mareeta gives Salem to Karin and in return she takes all her scrolls.

ZmKhNEI.png
Luring out the boss. Leif is not fast enough to double him which gives me the opportunity to steal his vantage scroll in the next turn.

nQWuEDv.png
please no more enemies

UVAfSwK.png
jEaXJbF.png
Wow, terrible RNG once more, but Idc. Asbel can oneround him anyways.

fyamtiQ.png
HP, strength, skill

IpXrCni.png
Thank you...

iJ7Pkw2.png
9QYxOCK.png
... and byebye!

bgCpwFE.png
Mareeta can handle all the enemies on her own whilst Karin flies back to the main group to transfer Salem to someone else and carry Olwen over to the village.

emHCsxV.pngHP, strength, skill, speed, luck, defense
or7NHoB.png HP, strength, skill, speed, luck

pJB4YCG.png
hjd9kos.png
B48PYGN.png
xzNDZdn.png
JmrgdVt.png
magic ring

If not Olwen enters the village, the little girl (forgot her name) from chapter 12x is not shown, and you only get a vulnerary instead.

Leif seizes.

0ZQ28l4.png

Dorius: The night is still young. I advise we seize this opportunity to purge Tahra's borders of these vermin.

Leif: I have no objections, but what of our troops? Aren't the men exhausted?

Dorius: I'm afraid so. Between the long march from Fort Dundrum and skrirmish here, our forces have little strength left. At most we could only spare a small strike team of five soldiers to accompany you. The decision is yours, milord.

Leif: ... I'll do it. If we rout these bandits once and for all, all the villagers here will finally be able to breath easy.

Edhy2LM.png
a happy reunion

Mareeta: I'm just as surprised as you are! I never expected I'd see you and everyone from Fiana again so soon! Hah... I'm halfway convinced this is just a dream.

Leif: I... I beg your forgiveness for what happened to your mother. It was my fault that the commander... that she...

Mareeta: if what happened is anyone's fault, it's mine. I was... I was inexperienced, and weak, and... and I couldn't overcome the power of that sword. I didn't have the discipline to resist it...

Leif: Mareeta, I swear to you: I'll get the commander back, whatever it takes!

Mareeta: You mean WE! We'll get back mother together! Please, Leif, I want to be part of this! I'll be stronger than I was before! You must let me join you!

Leif: Of course I'll have you! Though as much it pains me, it's not feasible for our army to return to Manster with things the way they are right now... But someday we'll be able to go back for the commander. You can count on that. And when the day comes, there's no force in all heavens that can keep the two of us from getting her back!

Mareeta: Couldn't have said it better than myself, Little Lord!

Chapter 12x

Spoiler

Battle Preparations

fZhjmJ9.png

Chapter 12x is maybe the most controversial chapter in Fire Emblem game. I give you the hint: Do not play this chapter without a guide because otherwise you will get only frustrated. Three characters can be recruited and one character has a special and very important event which can only take place via a special conversation. This game does not give any hints who must be brought aside of Safiya for being Tina's sister. All these things must be taken into account for this chapter:

• bring Safiya
  • give one warp staff to Safiya
  • bring at least one torch (staff) 
  • bring Lara
  • bring a sleep staff (if you have not taken Salem's sleep staff, he will come up with his sleep staff from chapter 12x. If it's broken, then you do NOT have to repair. I have to though because I need the sleep staff for a recruitment)
  • at least one lockpick on Lara and a few chest keys or Lithis with lockpicks
  • bring an unit with at least 10 con (only relevant if you want the recruitment which requires the sleep staff)

I think that's it...

GhrNAiK.png
zbLJlER.png
915dSc4.png
two of the three recruitable units in this chapter

ufmmzjH.png
Here's the third one.

Tina: Has... Has something happened?

Pan: The Imperial Army's come to bring the hammer down to us, that's what. Argh, a pox on 'em all! Those entitled louts...

Tina: Th-The Empire's here...?

Pan: You got an awful funny look on your face, kiddo. Don't tell me you were thinkin' of runnin' off while the army's got us busy! Don't be stupid, young'un. I'd never let such a useful little moppet just slip away!

Tina: B-But why... ? Why you gotte be so cruel to me all the time? I look, I wasn't thinkin' anything funny!

Pan: Nuh-uh, you ain't gettin' off that easy. If you keep gettin' stupid ideas about runnin' away, I won't hesitate to punish you again. You got that?

Tina: Eeek! No, no, not another punishment! I'm sorry. I'll be good, I promise!

Pan: Well, we'll just see about that, won't we? Now be a good girl and go help Trude with that thief staff of yours. Get a move on, runt!

2SPuaUc.png
q4eXxvZ.png
Salem joins automatically in this chapter.

YN87bqu.png
Here you get the information why Lara has to be brought. Of course you get this conversation after the battle preparations.

PbkpoST.png
She can recruit him.

CNajkWw.png
This leads to the special event I have told before.

Lara: They treated me like a dirt, but there wasn't anything I could do about it because I... because I was their property. I'd been sold to them as a child. Pan rescued me from that, an' set me free.

Leif: And from there you became a thief... Is it about right?

Lara: That's about the whole of it, yeah. Lord Leif, please, you've got to let me talk to him. I just... I just need to see Pan, an' talk this whole thing out!

Lithis also has a conversation with Leif which leads he can recruit Pan.

Salem, Lithis and Lara can recruit Pan, but you want to do that with Lara.

Let's start the mess!

I can tell I had to play this chapter about ten times because I made so many mistakes, the worst was forgetting to recruit Tina. I just noticed it in chapter 14. (Yeah I already played till chapter 14 in advance but have to redo it because of missing Tina)

lcWDRhA.png
Let's see what this map has to offer.

pJlbN2V.png
At first sight you see enemy dancers. Yeah, they do exist! 

P2jk5F7.png
These dancers may it difficult to catch all the thieves. Getting all the chests is really hard........ if you want to play it the hard way. 

I'm not doing it, so I won't care for them.

wye3smz.png
HR8nKhg.png
The throne room is the area where the interesting things are gonna happen.

Pan

nQnXpu2.png
Pan is the boss, but as mentioned several times he has not want to get killed but recruited. Salem, Lithis and Lara can do it, but Lara must do it for another purpose.

POgh3QO.png
He comes with another brave sword which grants the charme skill (Nanna), a very good sword. This game offers lots of brave weapons.

MxhyUU3.png
He has steal (default skill for thieves), charme (for having kingmaker equipped), vantage (default skill for rogues) and sol (personal skill) and five (!) movement stars. So overall he is a really good unit. A normal Lithis (which mine is NOT) would might surpass him after promotion, but bases are more important than growths in FE5 and since Pan has five movement stars, so I will use Pan as my main unlocker for now.

Tina

PNasFet.png
abuIStT.png
Tina also comes with five movement stars and two personal staves: thief and unlock. The unlock staff does not need further explanation, but the thief staff is a very interesting one.

vclmS5N.png

If the user's magic stat > enemy, then this unit can steal one thing of their inventory (weapon, item...). This staff is OP in lategame when enemies have a superb and / or unique weapons, so you want to get that staff intact. Since Tina will use the thief staff on you, you want to prevent it, by doing following things:

1. rfJLxuO.pngwarping Lara to the throne room to let her talk to Pan

ePFN4R6.png

Pan: Wait, don't tell me! You just missed me so much you couldn't help but come runnin' back into my arms, right?

Lara: Er... Would it make you happy, if I actually said that?

Pan: H-Hey, what's got you so serious? Yer face is all scrunched up like ya just swallowed a whole lemon. C'mon, now. Get real. What would I want with some little kid' runnin around me, gettin' all up in my business? Turn 'round and get yourself back to Manster, kiddo.

Lara: So, that's it then? You're shooing me away like a stray dog, just like before... I at least thought you liked it when I danced. I still remember you comin' to see me perporm, watchin' me like I was the only thing in the world...

Pan: Well, yeah, but that was before I realized you were just a kid. *Sigh* Look, if it means that much to ya... Yeah, I did like you watchin' you dance. An' it was more'n, like, attraction or whatever. It just made me feel... alive. Like... I was invigorated, you know? But ya hated it, right? So it's for the best that you quit.

Lara: Y-Yeah... Well, I didn't hate dancing, I just hated the way that troupe treated me, is all. So... If you want me to, Pan, I can go back doin' it for you.

Pan: Look, don't be stupid...

Lara: Not JUST for you, I mean! For everybody! Maybe I could make everyone feel a little more lively with my dancing...

Pan: Huh, who's "everybody"?

Lara: Prince Leif an' the whole North Thracian Liberation Army! That's who I'm here with, y'know! Not that I much help, myself...

Pan: Oh-ho! So that's what got all the ruckus started, huh? All right, Lara, I'll tell ya what: you go back to dancin', an' I'll come along with you an' the Liberation Army.

Lara: R-Really, Pan?! Alright, it's a deal!

Pan: Good, I wasn't keen on hollin' up in Dacia Forest an' robbin' people forever, anyhow. Liberating North Thracia, huh? Oh, this is gonna be SO much fun.

After this conversation Lara turns into the dancer class. This is the only OPPORTUNITY to get a dancer in this game.

XACoZJI.png
It is a reclass, she only loses stats instead of gaining any. She starts from level 1 all over again.

Lara still can steal and open things besides dancing.

Note: By Pan's recruitment all the enemies are going to escape the map including the third recruitable unit.

2. X0Agzf5.png Steal Tina's thief staff.

Note: I do not know if Tina will use her thief staff once Pan is recruited. It is still better to take it from her, even if it is just for the stealing experience.

3. gXUqFrn.png Use sleep staff on Trude.

Trude

GVRA8AD.png
qIK5zmS.png

Trude is a myrmidon with solid bases and the weapon level to use a silver sword instantly. He is a good filler unit. He's recruitable either by Pan talking to him or capturing him. First is not really possible to do unless Pan is rescued which would be just a waste of the rescue staff, so latter is the easier recruitable option. It requires anyone with >9 con. Trude has a movement star. If he activates move again in the first turn, he can escape in the second enemy phase already. Putting him to sleep is the only way to prevent doing it.

yJJIZGh.png
59PybDd.png
And sleep misses - great :< I have one more chance in the next turn.

W1ScqQO.png
Everyone is going to flee which means I have easy access to all the chests. By talking to Pan in the first turn this chapter basically consists of recruitments and chests. There is technically no combat at all.

It happened the worst case. Trude could move again which means he can escape in this turn and also could get out of the range of the torch view.

dG9SEUC.png
Means I have to "waste" another use of the torch.

3TeBJWJ.png
Now I can try again putting him to sleep.

ET3UO3E.png
Safiya is more accurate in using staves, so she tries it this time...

h0yRkOW.png
... with success!

lJGpS1B.png
And she gets a splendid level for that.

ybhyaJb.png
Lara increases her movement. Having a dancer with high movement is a godbless. I gave the paragon sword to her. Just for having it equipped she gets doubled experience for dancing. Since her bases are terrible right now, she needs to get levels and especially stats badly. Scrolls shall help her.

There is nothing more to do in this chapter.

All the chests are unlocked, Trude is captured, Safiya talks to Tina, that's it! The battle preparations last longer than the actual map.

G8tMCKe.png
b9HW1Ry.png
60xMaUp.png Accost scroll. This is a tough question who to give it too. I guess Tanya will get it to have the opportunity for four free attacks.
oAtKE86.png
TCtZKaX.png
KkBuvni.png This is the definitely the best chest.

DFRxcYK.png
Trude is captured. 

Yrmiefs.png
A2UCYVh.png
Lara levels - I hoped for defense, but oh well...

mBLb958.png
Safiya recruits her little sister.

Safiya: Tina, dear, why the tears? What's happened to you? Start from the beginning. Why did you leave Tahra?

Tina: I w-wanted to help you! *sniffle* Just thinkin' of you out there, all on your lonesome... Well, I just couldn't stand the thought of it! So I left the city! But then that big bully Pan caught hold of me! He's a thief, an' he's been treating me as his personal slave to help him steal more stuff!

Safiya: A slave?! Th-That can't be! Who would do such a thing? ... Tina, what exactly did he make you do?

Tina: Steal things for him, mostly... With my thief and unlock staves, you know? He said those were what made me useful...

Safiya: W-Well, couldn't you jsut refuse? Surely he'd listen to the objections of a little girl scarcely old enough to lift a broom... Wouldn't he?

Tina: You don't understand! If I said no, he'd do awful, horrible, terrible things to me!

Safiya: H-He would?!

Tina: Uh--huh...

Safiya: Tina, please you must tell me what he did to you! Gods give me strength... I've steeled myself for what wickedness it is!

Tina: *Sniffle, Wimper* H-He... He'd take a big, hairy caterpillar and wave it in front of my face! Or even drop it on the top of my head! it was so gross and icky... I thought I'd die right then and there!

Safiya: ... Is that all?

Tina: Uh-huh... Oh, Big Sis, it was so awful! I'm gettin' shievers just tellin' you about it now!

Safiya: *Sigh* Oh, Tina...

Tina: Yeah?

Safiya: ... It's nothing. Listen, I told you to wait in Tahra till I returned. Promise me you'll do as I say from now on, all right?

Tina: Yeah, of course! I'm sorry, Big Sis! Say, I saw that Prince Leif fella fightin' earlier... He's awful cute, isn't he? Aw, somebody like him would be my dream guy! Hmm... But he couldn't just have good looks... he'd have to be a prince, too... What do you think, Big Sis?

Safiya: Tina... I... I'm a little worn-out right now. Let's... talk about this later, all right?

Tina: Okie-dokie, Big Sis!

Leif seizes.

Note: I have figured out after playing this chapter, that it will be rewarded, if all enemy dancers are spared. Unfortunately I killed the one next to Pan...

p7P9gGl.png
p7P9gGl.png
yEAniL2.png
hSghFoM.png
The confirmation Trude will join.

5fg4Toz.png
vL3V7Fl.png

@Eltosian Kadath

Oh yeah, this is true. 

She could die by the poison.

I did not take the poison damage into accout, so very careless played (though I wanted to get uses of the sleep staff without using warp since I need the remaining three uses in the upcoming three chapters)

Chapter 13

Spoiler

Map commentary

GPyXzNj.png
gCVBjCK.png
KrgRUJL.png
1wXx7X7.png my favorite character 🙂
mqPQI6K.png
mqPQI6K.png
50OmhN0.png
NC0uPOQ.png
fP917R9.png
8aRpYe7.png
Yor5doc.png
KEDrCSv.png
aPKAJDl.png

Battle preparations

gFfeSeD.png

nE2YxAe.png
Ou34fi8.png
a planned assault on Tahra

Paulus: Why the hurry? Baldach and the 8th Batallion should be here shortly. There's no need to overextend ourselves - we'd be only wasting good soldiers.

Liszt: I see. As you wish, milord.

iIB9bDK.png
nLTkzqt.png

Liszt gives a shit to orders.

Meanwhile in Tahra...

Pl1h7fW.png
JrvohuU.png
kUVXeQM.png
r87Q9v8.png

draco knight siblings

KQ0qRlm.png

Draco Knight: Our sellsword have long since fled. Your men will have to go it alone.

Glade: ... We must call upon Prince Shanan. The blood of the crusader Od - the Sword Saint himself - runs strong in his veins. My knights could never match his might on a battlefield... Bah! What would I knew why he refuses to help us!

Draco Knight: Tch... That pompous little dastard? He doesn't give a damn thing about the common folk. Our battles don't concern him. I just don't understand that guy...

Glade: So he means to keep womanizing while the people of Tahra fight for their lives? Damned philanderer... He won't be any help. We must fight the invitable on our own, then.

Draco Knight: Don't push yourself, Glade. The Empire's just getting started. However this ends, we've got a long way to go.

Glade: Yes... I know that.

ZFVrmIF.png
YKna7cW.png
vgenril.png

Leif wants to save Tahra.

Dorius: I-I must object! The main body of our army has just now cleared the forest! Our vanguard is all what we have here! That's to say nothing of the enemy's many ballistae! Gods, they practically have more ballistae than men to fire them... ! Any of our forces that made for Tahra's defense would now face... more than their share of danger.

Leif: ... I'm aware of these risks. But if we stand here and allow Tahra to be razed to the ground, our war will be lost before it's even begun! Are you in agreement, Augustus?

Augustus: I am. If we do nothing to defend Tahra, we lose the support of the people. Their belief in us will turn to contempt. Our army is still young and vulnerable. Without popular support, we have nothing - and our cause will fade into history, forgotten.

Map

xhNmVFs.pngDML9onI.pngwiAmi1c.png?1
5pjoA00.png?1xEIGpvJ.png?15nBx0xC.png?1

Chapter 13 is another defend and escape mission like chapter 9 was.

Glade and a few generic cavaliers have to defend the throne whilst Leif's army makes its long and uncomfortable way towards them.

Glade

DLJ7csP.png
cSTdeYs.png

Glade is a paladin. He has neither movement stars nor skills, but he has instant access to a silver lance which makes him a really decent unit. 

Partner units

dcWj1xr.png
yGIDPmB.png

Glade has five partner units with them, two of them are bow cavaliers and the other three carry an iron lance. I am pretty sure this is the only chapter in Fire Emblem history in which partner units are playable. They get experience in combat, means they also could get a level up. Though they mainly exist as canon fodder since they are rather bad. 

Enemies

JlVOaJB.png

This group of armors, soldiers and archers will make their way to Tahra. 

rQcLZ4o.png
JWgVsf9.png
1EONy3h.png
so7lEn1.png

These guys are rather weak. Against Glade on a throne they would deal no damage.

EYZ5w7w.png
E8GElVM.png
LS7W2Jd.png

However their leader is a bit more scary by carrying a killer lance. Great shield is the general / baron class skill. It can be very annoying to deal with unless the opponent has nihil.

SLJhg1Z.png

A bit apart of this group is a stationary bishop who blocks the entrance of a village. I definitely want to capture him.

i0haz2L.png
Also this chapter has ballistae with >20 attack everywhere. These are the definitely the most dangerous enemies in this chapter.

However there is a way to make this chapter a lot more comfortable to play.

For that you need to bring someone who can use a warp staff (obviously Safiya).

OXER5zJ.png
IT5uZ0E.png
Asbel is sent to this spot to kill the boss in the first turn.

yOYzV4z.png
NQSrt6f.png
CgB4IOA.png
Asbel may stay on this spot.

The death of the boss will trigger something.

yMlIGJq.png
Probably a death place for Karin?!

HoxX5hp.png
I am taking a very big risk in the first turn.

Enemy phase

Ad6gNA1.png
ambush spawn from top of the map

wE5VQwH.png
The guys around the killed boss veer.

DmpltZU.png
And the armor knights around the ballista leave the map.

Once the boss is dead, every enemy is going to leave except for the bishop who blocks a village. The ballistae who cannot escape obviously will stop their fire at once. In return (the shown) enemies from top of the map will appear in every single turn. And these enemies are higher leveled:

aIt7XD2.png
bKgl0tf.png
XiVARt8.png
They, especially the mage, can hurt Glade.

36iyT5l.png
They move all towards the cavaliers at once.

Still this move is absolutely recommend to beat this chapter fast and visit all the villages with Karin safely.

Tk8N3LP.png
Aav6HKo.png
NS0mbfa.png
f6EiWrs.png
Another armorslayer. The former chapter already gave one.

hWN9MwS.png
9fDFLlg.png
Yes, mages also can capture. Though you will not see it often since they have usually a lower con. I think it is the first time I have ever seen Asbel capturing someone.

TWafRyu.png
The partner units can do nearly nothing to these armor knights.

UY5nrzw.png
This one even gets doubled by a knight...

fEnlYgB.png
Let's see how long the guy right of the exit can endure...

HyU9HzN.png
oPQZC19.png
... Longer than expected.

M4OM7BU.png
... a long queue

0VScR67.png
If you are as clever as braze, you could give the weapons of the NPCs to Glade. In this case he only gets an iron lance to save uses of the silver lance.

FK2hmgI.png
The first partner unit is fallen.

yCnJeaw.png
This one is still alive. o.O

vnGMdjP.png
miss

vxHAxp6.png
Asbel can reach Glade's group now to speed up things.

Lwuluvq.png
a6G7mxL.png
IENfF6H.png
Fmmf9Uh.png
drDgKAs.png
This chapter gives some effective weapons against armor knights, but you know: Magic is everything

ZnI5N8A.png
Safiya level up

Actually I missed the big opportunity to bring Tina to this chapter since without enemies it would have been perfect to give her some experience.

28GQBWr.png
PfuupyO.png
PGk78o8.png
They can kill an enemy.

LzG8dXZ.png
All these enemies are the perfect opportunity to train his weapon level in fire and thunder.

t8D9oCz.png
7w9YxaY.png
Eh... by far not enough.

I am afraid he will switch to elfire which would mean RIP bolting and physic staff...

F2qtPZq.png
Nanna who's carrying Leif is not far away anymore.

OSgjMug.png
He has done his job well...

xq6bS7C.png

oBsgBus.png
damn

HOSBC7L.png
At least it has been compensated with this level up. Go Karin!

pMZPEdT.png
Leif's group can support.

Bbn8G4L.png

HAPDugD.png
Glade can do something.

uLnuPpS.png
Holy shit! He got critted and failed to hit with 95%

If he should die, it would neither trigger a Game Over nor a reset since he's not needed for a further recruitment. 

He can go back to the throne, but another hit by a mage would kill him.

IYo6vBN.png
FgjYRdd.png
pHwkmT6.png
YVVpCEA.png
O5vPVXS.png
the perfect recipient for that

VtEEkVm.png
h5rW6TM.png
... I'm a bit worried right now.

e17yAE1.png
At least Asbel can get rid of some.

847dIFM.png
... If he really should die, at least no one else can seize the throne.

8ujYYzs.png
Good, I made it!

8XeZiFb.png
By Leif's and Nanna's arrival the situation is 100% under control now. I just have to wait for the others since it is an escape chapter.

xv4UqQN.png
9Dg3MPw.png
I grab as much experience as I can.

I2QIIrq.png
BEST UNIT!

kMcGZDN.png
Kpv5JQq.png
Rh9w79I.png
crit

SkE1tTD.png
Upcoming turns will be repetitive, so I skip from here on. The numbers of enemies will be decimated slightly turn after turn.

I will show just the level ups:

nwjtYW3.png Nanna
LvORE6D.png Asbel
7nPqZsW.png Karin
l5G4o1L.png Karin
PRFIbN2.png Lara

Hx92BZe.png
Now Olwen becomes untouchable, at least she should be.

0Y7fGkl.png
It's finally time for her.

DJUBqW8.png
16 strength on a pegasus is pretty sick for her. Pumping her strength and defense by giving all scrolls to her was a pure success!

rlPUTPT.png
She needs it. 

For chapter 14 it is very recommended to have access to everyone.

rlPUTPT.png
Time to Leif.

T9zZ1Ch.png
LINOAN 😍

(sorry, but I have strong bias towards her)

Linoan: Lord Leif! I... I can scarcely belive my eyes! You've returned! Gods above, I give thanks for your mercy...

Leif: ... Linoan, you should have my apologies. I should have come here sooner. Despite all I'd heared, I just couldn't fathom how the city I'd been raised in could be in such dire straits. I share the blame for this... Because of me, your father...

Linoan: No, you have it all wrong! From the moment he met you, my father knew what sheltering you in Tahra would mean... He was prepared for the consequences. If he could open a way to a new world with his death, no one could have convinced him to do otherwise. I am proud of my father, and I stand by his decision - despite the grief it brought me personally. Long I have endured the Empire's tyranny, comforted by the belief that we would meet again - and now that day has come. And yet... To endanger myself is one thing, but now I've imperiled the tens of thousands of people that call Tahra home. I... I don't know what to do in the face of this crisis...

Leif: Dry your eyes, Linoan! Fear not. I swear upon my sword that I'll protect both you and the city of Tahra!

1 hour ago, Rosalina said:

For that you need to bring someone who can use a warp staff (obviously Safiya).

OXER5zJ.png
IT5uZ0E.png
Asbel is sent to this spot to kill the boss in the first turn.

That is a hilarious way of dealing with this chapter. All the Ballista disarmed and enemies fleeing in moments.

1 hour ago, Rosalina said:

rlPUTPT.png
She needs it. 

...I never knew Stamina Drinks had a use option at all. I always just put it in the characters inventory between chapters, and it automatically gets used if the character is fatigued and gets deployed.

Chapter 14 part 1

Spoiler

WFJpZfe.png
u1JkMwP.png

Paulus receives the news about Liszt's "tragedy".

Paulus: ... I'm not so sure about that. I was opposed to this whole plan, and now my hesitation has cost a great many soldiers their lives. The blame is mine alone. I must make quite a sight: the great Colonel Paulus, reduced to an old man whose glory days are long past him. Go ahead and laugh, Baldach.

Baldach: Colonel...

Paulus: But I cannot allow myself to hesitate for one moment longer. I am a knight of House Friege, and I have a duty to uphold. Will you lend me your strength, Baldach?

Baldach: Of course, Colonel Paulus! I await your orders! What's more, the main body of the 8th Batallion has arrived. With your permission, we'll begin our assault at once.

Paulus: Permission granted. I'll have my own troops move to reinforce your position just as soon as my men have finished their preparations. ... See that you don't get sloppy, General. I imagine that goes without saying, but still, keep your guard up.

Baldach: I'll remain vigilant, Colonel. On my honor, Tahra will fall this day!

WNlETmI.png

preparations in Tahra

Eda: Meeting with the other commanding officers and military officials.

Linoan: Is Dean with them?

Eda: Brother said he wasn't the type to sit around in some war council. He left to go defend the southern gate. He's always been headstrong like that...

Linoan. Heh. That much I already know. Dean has been watching over me since I was very young, you see. He always reminded me on stories of the crusader Dain, the legendary Dracoknight. He may lack for etiquette, but he's always been the sort to fly freely through the skies, untroubled by the world's petty squabbles... He's a towering loud-mouthed man, true, yet he's still gentle in his own way. And above all, he is a master of the skies, undefeatable in battle, just like Dain.

Eda: I... I think you've been misled, Lady Linoan. My brother is not the exemplar among men you believe him to be.

Linoan: I beg to differ. He's not perfect, granted, but had he not come to my aid, my spirit would have been broken long ago and I would be useless in the city now. After my father was killed, the ducal mansion was seized, and I was forbidden to even set foot outdoors on my own. For two years, I was kept prisoner in my own home. And for all the time, the wretched governor sent by the Empire interrogated me about where Prince Leif was. To this day, just the thought of that disgusting man is enough to make my heart stop... Dean... He saved me from that. After the deed was done, he protected me from the Empire's assassins, and when my grief felt too heavy to bear, he was always ready to bring a smile to my face. It was strange... He always kept up a cheery demeanor, but behind the facade, I could tell he must've been a renowned sellsword. Never would I have suspected that he answered to Lord Arion himself...

Eda: ... There's more to it than that. His Highness Prince Arion was worried sick about the crisis unfolding in Tahra, and secretly arranged for Dean to rescue you. I remember Brother being so honored by the trust His Highness had placed in him... I've never seen him happier. But it wasn't without its cost. To preserve the secrecy of this mission, Brother had to make it look like he'd simply deserted from the army.

Linoan: Lord Arion really went to such lengths... ?

Eda: His highness was caught between a rock and a hard place. He couldn't leave Thracia, but he couldn't sit back and let his own financee die. ... His Highness seemed deeply tormented - openly so - during the whole ordeal. But fear not, Lady Linoan. Dain and Njörun have bore witness to your compassion and grace, and they will not forsake you. ... It's time. I need to set off for the front lines. Please, milady, wait here and stay safe. Have faith and we will be victorious today!

Map

rLfPbng.pngyLMshDO.png
yecbEtP.png7t1ir1b.png

Chapter 14 is the first traditional defend chapter in Fire Emblem. The spot of Leif's starting point musn't be seized by any enemy in the next ten turns. Enemies will come from west and east and get reinforcements in every turn. They'll breakthrough the gate in the first enemy phase and enter the city in the second turn. 

New Allies

Eda

c72poE2.png
v1QQCEX.png

Eda is a Dracorider, the first one in this game, and the second flyer. She starts at low level, but can bring a bit to the table. Her base defense is pretty good for her level and take two shots aside of bows, ballistas and great lances. She is over

Dean

kRtkznE.png
p1MmxlC.png
0BsTT30.png

Eda's older brother is already promoted, so his bases kick ass. He doesn't come with better bases than Eda, but also with two movement stats. Also he has the Dain's Scroll, an amazing scroll since it increases the movement growth. It is perfect for someone with capped speed like Karin.

Dean is absolutely superior to Eda, but it's not that Eda cannot become as great as Dean is right now. I will use both since fliers are great in this game.

Enemies

KyBW6jK.png
All armor knights from the west and east have a hammer, so do not bring Dalsin.

SVY9SLo.png
Great lances hit incredibly hard. Most of my units cannot take two hits by them.

5so7bw0.png
Bad news for using a flyer.

qG2MESK.png
scary thunder

Mh2yHtq.png
Tahra is surrounded by four ballistas, which will restrict your progress a lot. Keep an eye of all healers and Lara who will get oneshotted by one.

The enemies from the south:

7gKDDN5.png
IMPnibQ.png
Their weapons are less frightening.

Though they have a boss:

ts0ra9u.png
DDXxSvV.png
7NyNzrN.png
The boss has a very powerful version of a javelin with brave effect equipped. It is so strong that it can ORKO Asbel. He will move automatically with the others. Taking him out ASAP is the target to get rid of his authority stars. 

This battalion will not hire any reinforcements.

Far away of the others are these guys:

qxuzMRB.png
No problem if you have a scroll equipped.

BR1iMxm.png
Another bolting to capture.

9IKocEE.png
kwYmNUf.png
Paulus has the same weapon as Baldach just as axe.

QdkHd1T.png
Tornado is very rare, powerful wind magic. It would be awesome to capture him, but relying on an inaccurate armorslayer is an extreme risky task.

JP0imMD.png
Unlike Baldach he is a baron. Barons also learn great skill as their class skill, but they can use EVERYTHING aside of light and dark magic. This class is so broken that none of my allies can become a baron.

Since he has four leadership stars he also must be taken out instantly.

I think he only will move, once someone is in his attack range.

Close to Paulus is this:

UtWKkTf.png
a ballista with more range

1kRrnVA.png
Iron ballistae don't only have more range (15 spaces), but they are also more powerful. This is by far the most irritating enemy in Thracia 776. I absolutely hate these things!

In this chapter is way more to do than to defend.

In Tahra are some red open houses which can be visited. If three houses are visited, another gaiden chapter will be unlocked. One of these houses must be visited with Nanna.

Also there are two villages far outside of the city which can be visited. The one close to Paulus must be visited with Dean to get the goodie. The other one in the south east can be visited with everyone. 

Furthermore some goodies can be captured like bolting, heal staves, hammers and great lances (I don't have any yet).

As already said the chapter is over after ten turns:

Turn 1

Player Phase

7wkRdkU.png
Grafcalibur broke in the last chapter. It must be repaired.

hhEu8aV.png
1qOe9Pu.png
KevxtDE.png

H47lPlZ.png
VtUzgDu.png

These villages don't give anything aside of the one Nanna has to enter. They just exist for opening the gaiden.

fDLfnpy.png
fDLfnpy.png
Safiya uses her last warp to send Asbel to this place. From this spot he can attack the boss without getting attacked by the ballista.

mTyIpZ0.png
As I said Master Weapons are brave weapons, so Asbel can die if he got hit twice.

2h9AXab.png
Yes...

YxmMTHq.png
crit

ODuSaIm.png
First task fulfilled.

GiaiPsR.png
magic, luck

Asbel stays there to get rid of the ballista in the next turn. By having the Heim's scroll equipped the killer lances are no threat for him.

oXG6SWj.png
PVuvBbS.png
Unlocked the gaiden in the first turn already.

WYXL3bi.png
formation at the end of the first turn

Enemy Phase

7rd1CyV.png
Vrq7oYD.png
reinforcements

IEjfE6C.png
Gate is broken.

fAN026P.png
3DylE8L.png
A3EVdWB.png
RJHIEpj.png
rip killer lances - I would like to get at least one.

7m4DDMD.png
2XBCJPW.png
Wow, no one got hit in an enemy phase - a very rare moment in Thracia 776.

RklSKpn.png
The left guy is owner of the house which has to be entered with Nanna.

Blue haired guy: Oh, c'mon! The folks around here only put up with you because they wanted your help so badly! Everybody's gonna have it out for you if you run out on now and them - especially the women. "Hell hath no fury", and all that.

Black haired guy: N-No, it's not like that! I'm the prince of a whole different country, and I can't just leave my people without their beloved leader!

Blue haired guy: Uh-huh. Yeah, if you're the prince of Isaach, I'm Saint Heim. I can see you right through.

Shanan imitator: Hrk... ! How did you know?!

Blue haired guy: I'm a bard, remember? I know what Prince Shanan looks like, and you ain't him. Still, it's not like I can blame you. I mean who wouldn't want to save their own skin? No sense in getting dragged down with the rest of the city if you can avoid it.

Shanan imitator: So you're making a run for it, too?

Blue haired guy: That's the plan. I'm heightailing it outta here first thing in the morning - gives me plenty of time to have my fun tonight, heheh.

Shanan imitator: Yeah, you do that. Me, I'm gettin' out while I still can. If you make it through it alive, maybe we'll cross paths again someday.

Blue haired guy: One last thing: Now that we're acquainted, you at least gotta tell me your real name.

Shanan imitator: ... It's Shanam.

Blue haired guy: That's... closer to the real thing than I was expecting. Well, safe travels, "Prince" Shanam.

Turn 2

Player Phase

sbbF1Tg.png

This area is secured.

MXt2oWI.png
8xeA59P.png
Buying a couple of stamina drinks.

uKImHOt.png
Oh god, just no! Not only that Dime Thunder cannot kill Baldach, Olwen would be shredded with possible 100 damage. 

That means I need Asbel once...

Y7okt0V.png
So Safiya resuces him.

uQqwLr0.png
Leif increases his magic.

5fzj8S1.png
Once Leif has the kingmaker equipped, he has the charm skill activated. Olwen benefits from it. By having vantage she should take all these guys out without taking one single attack. 

Lara dances for Asbel.

1wo3pzK.png
6waGxwb.png
again a bit risky

bHnlNAJ.png
jVJRL8Y.png
instant crit once more

The main threats are gone. Still the ballistae around Tahra can be annyoing.

NdZ94Dk.png
Asbel can solo.

NdZ94Dk.png
Tuh0ETL.png
Asbel can move and kill another one.

gjoOUkC.png
Dean can help out.

Enemy Phase

0L5gaQD.png
Nanna is blocking the western entrance. By having the earth sword equipped nothing can happen to her.

xdCLWFW.png
kPAi1Ts.png
T5ycACi.png
IchnulO.png

ppZjm5R.png
The south and southwest entrance are alreay cleared.

2C2swOc.png
Only the eastern area needs a bit work.

Turn 3 

Player Phase

4NIHNGM.png
So far, so good! 

I am optimistic to handle this area.

orEkSHM.png
This looks good here already.

6FIzAxK.png
zRPRakz.png
first ballista down

E7GUsNT.png
Now let's get rid of these armors.

I3vKng9.png
Dean makes a little trip out of the city.

gllCm85.png
Gonna bring Leif back because I need him as support unit.

tyV7mv7.png
Third attack is an instant crit, so instand death for the knight.

M93e0tk.png
another excellent level up for her

XSFexOR.png
n6rPqXW.png
fmsrWBi.png
Fergus and Orsin with range weapons equipped block the eastern gate and Asbel blocks the south eastern gate.

JEhOzVe.png
phantom knight - a glitch

9Qs1Ou0.png
XyFsamF.png
This spot right of Fergus triggers a glitch.

WWvcDyz.png
GWGtPVa.png
windxhl.png
They did their job.

fmAEJPE.png
I hoped Dean would kill one at least.

...I never knew Stamina Drinks had a use option at all. I always just put it in the characters inventory between chapters, and it automatically gets used if the character is fatigued and gets deployed.

... And I never knew of that, lol.

Good to know!

Edited by Rosalina

Chapter 14 part 2

Spoiler

Turn 4

LvIYIBY.png
All the gates are cleared more or less. 

Everyone can prove their usefulness in this chapter.

PIqiyxq.png
Once more Olwen walls.

Sqgtwrg.png
excellent

RsPVRCJ.png
1VarsJJ.png
one ballista problem less

npNvUL8.png
Finally Nanna can turn into...

VsuyArz.png
... a paladin.

She is in the same class as Fergus, but she still can only use swords and staves. No access to more weapon types.

rUWM7s1.png
Eda's first kill

EBMDloM.png
KuiIsOC.png
Dean flies towards the village he has to visit. The bolting bishop is no real threat for him.

LP4xZNQ.png
pX6u9O9.png
more staff and weapon experience for Asbel

If he could reach B rank at the end, I would be really happy.

sfdAB1g.png
GVPvPOy.png
Safiya level up

mv3ki4w.png
d2GTvMM.png
ugh...

pwqjF3P.png
... *relieved*

zjyDoZr.png
One by another bites the dust.

6c2DbLQ.png
Ct3VfHT.png
great, more strength and finally con

YVrdhpK.png
d1cAmBW.png
IBhlD0w.png

Turn 5

LntD3Yc.png
coV5i4t.png
Eastern area is cleared.

UK4d303.png
UnaawUy.png
Bishop is captured and he may move again.

Bz7qtu2.png
CsE54s2.png
rrPcZAp.png
Altena only shows up, if Dean visits the village.

Otherwise the young woman gives the hint that Dean has to enter it.

Altena: You haven't changed a bit, Dean. I've come all this way to give you a gift: a spear worthy of your service to Thracia.

Dean: Th-This is no mere spear... ! This is His Highness Prince Arion's personal weapon, the Dragonpike! Why would he give me such a prized possession?

Altena: He considered it a token of his apology, for having to brand you a deserter as part of your cover. Go on, take it - he said he wanted you to put it good use. 

Dean: I was the one who chose to desert the army. Sure, it was to carry out His Highness's secret mission, but I could've said no. I made the decision, not him - and I knew what it would mean for me. His Highness is not to blame. So as flattered as I am, I can't accept it.

Altena: Don't disregard my brother's feelings so easily, Dean. He thought as much about this as you did about deserting the army.  ... Besides, if you won't accept that gift willingly, then as Princess of Thracia, I'll just order you to accept it.

Dean: Hah... you know, technically, I'm not a knight of Thracia anymore, so you actually couldn't order me to do anything. But you've made your point, Lady Altena. Order or no, I could never refuse you. I'll wield the Dragonpike for a time - but I'm only borrowing, that's all. 

Altena: I'm glad you understand. Now, use the Dragonpike to protect Linoan. Make sure nothing happens to her. Linoan and brother are betrothed, after all... He wanted to come here to defend Linoan himself, but couldn't risk leaving the kingdom unguarded for too long... I suppose giving you his spear was his way of being here in spirit. 

Dean: I'm suppossed to be a stand-in for His Highness himself? Awfully big shoes he's asking me to fill... I think you've got the wrong idea, Lady Altena. No way I am the man for that kind of honor. I'll do my best, though. Now don't worry another minute about Duchess Linoan! I'll guard her with my life!

UGPULna.png
ZWhQTai.png

The Dragonpike is a powerful brave lance which gives vantage. This is combination is fantastic against enemies with close range weapons. I don't know, if it's effective against draco knights. It's the first time ever I could get this lance.

wgiqiC7.png
jyyuwS5.png
ok

QARweE4.png
gAzzunr.png
These groups of reinforcements have been shown up for the last time.

Asbel kills all the ones from the east in enemy phase.

Turn 6

j1YVU6t.png
Karin level up - her first real bad one

HRSnybY.png
Mareeta level up

abdogE2.png
Finn can handle them all on his own. With mircale it should be no real problem.

tvaewSU.png
FQSccOO.png

opkUi1X.png
Nanna has to visit this one...

hUKjVoa.png
... where the guy is inside who talked to that the "Shanam" person.

IiMYyJk.png
sV3E4Xs.png
DFwRU12.png
xCRMDzz.png
KUa6TEW.png

I have a chameur in my party.

nFwalH1.png
It's Homer Simpson.

28xH1qd.png
HCb52M7.png
JFQq0Uv.png
hWoBR6p.png
Homer is a bard. Bards apparently can use all magic types aside of dark at once. Light has a really high crit chance. Homer has paragon, so it's easy to let him catch up. He will defintely be used in the one or other chapter.

QwYKrtf.png
kNpgtEA.png
the last village

No reinforcements

CFpGjK3.png
As expected Finn does very well here.

Turn 7

img]https://i.imgur.com/sWMDmPC.png[/img]
wrnToKn.png
Ix0awIP.png
AtWBcPD.png
n7OCxOU.png
self explaining

It is meant for Linoan, but everyone else with a B-rank in light can use it. Homer does not have the required weapon rank to use it.

INVyWOP.png
INVyWOP.png
y1kSqri.png
I4EsQYD.png
the last enemies

Turn 8

Note: I recommend to move everyone, especially cavaliers, far away from the bottom of the map.

Sp1NtdZ.png
not quite

hWZmmPV.png
green dracos

F9bomVC.png
H46AL9s.png
6xrW6FF.png
dR3MKwp.png

8lihBay.png
hostile green units!!!

GhMU2Ic.png
I need more of these.

WZDs3F4.png
kfMgxgM.png
Killing one gives an entire level.

J9q9SqG.png
VqDcUcJ.png

A few of them still are alive.

cofxu11.png
ig9B8Q4.png
Bad news for cavaliers! They are all promoted, so that's why they give tons of exp.

UQ1nMN5.png
Oh28exO.png
Their leader is no real threat. He does not even have a conversation.

I have no idea why they are green...

They are enemies in any regard, but I think they only move once someone is in their attack range.

Though they might attack red units, if still some of them should be alive at this point.

PS: I forgot about these dudes. I had to redo this chapter because they killed Fergus and Lara.

Turn 9

GGTyPqZ.png
QECk3Ga.png
strength!

gzIGx1m.png

8Su3lzk.png
0NsLKrC.png
... really?! I expected everything... but con.

Two dracos are stuck at bottom of the map. They will be lured out in this turn.

If you know about their appearance, they are no problem at all.

j5WW12l.png
Asbel will go this place for a good reaspn.

VNN4OR1.png
5ZaMeac.png
Now it's enemyless. But the chapter is not over once everything is routed.

u6sZqPm.png
Nine dark sages appear.

M6ryxWp.png
A few of them can be taken out.

5KeMgLv.png
DxO7ohU.png
the last of the dracos

Turn 10

mIdvOwr.png
Let's see, if I can defeat them all. 

All the dark sages have jormungand. Most my allies will get TRKO'ed.

KGjizUn.png
nice

safNZ6X.png
m0Xf3sS.png
This is NOT the Karin I knew and loved!

f9uqh68.png
NtIo2Sy.png
p5xMTEk.png
Homer can give him the rest.

STrLV25.png
CdU3sTN.png
One could survive. But since everyone is healed, everyone should be safe...

rac9cXp.png
avLy0ed.png
... unless they get critted.

WTF!? Someone got killed by the literally last remaining enemy on the map.

I would not care for Homer's death, if he could not recruit someone (you can guess who).

Means I have to do it again...

Only showing the level ups:

NvSuFHD.png
slightly better

aZDYJbg.png
awesome!

ErOIXXF.png
4vbiDb4.png
If I placed him right here before, he had not to fear anything. The support with Nanna literally negates any critchance against him.

mubBJfy.png
... bleh

The remaining dark sage could not do nothing to me this time, which means I won!

Chapter 14 is a very enjoyable chapter overall if you are aware of all the reinforcement appearances. It is a mix of defending, routing and visiting villages. Gameplaywise definitely my favorite map in the game. Once more Asbel and warpskip make things a lot easier. Cannot say same about the upcoming map though... 😒

y9qUVV9.png
RjopZpu.png

Travant: Hah! You think shackling ourselves to Tahra would be enough to triump over the Empire? Have you already forgotten out defeat at Melgen? We had all North and South Thracia under our rule then, and we still were no match for the Empire!

Arion: ... We lost only because Raydrik betrayed us.

Travant: Maybe so, maybe so... But the fact remains that the battle ended with us humiliated, and having to resort to suing for peace. North Thracia - the land I had gone through so much to finally regain - was taken from me all over again. All those years... for nothing. As it stands, it's no exaggeration to say that Empire's might exceed our own by tenfold. You still like these odds? You still think we can win? A whole lot of people will die: Imperial, Thracians, Tahrans. They'll all bleed just the same. You still want to go through with your plan?

Arion: N-No, you've right of it, my lord father. I was... being too rash. ... But if I may, Father, I have a request. I wish help you seize Tahra.

Travant: ... You're up to something, aren't you? Well, so be it. As long as this wealthy city falls into Thracia's hands, I don't give a damn how you do it. I give you leave act as you see fit!

Arion: I won't let you down! Thank you, milord father!

Travant: Just make sure you don't take too long. I can only keep up this ruse for so much longer, and I'd rather not use my main body of troops to seize Tahra if I can avoid it.

Arion: Of course, Father! If things keep going the way they are, countless innocent civilians will perish... I must convince Linoan no matter what...

Arion flies to castle Tahra.

eDJb6yH.png

Arion: There's no time. You must listen to me: tell your people to lay down their arms and surrender. Immediately. If you keep fighting like this, Tahra will never recover from this battle. Its fate will be sealed.

Linoan: Why... ? Why would I do such a thing?! This isn't something I'd ever imagine hearing from you... Just in what blaze has happened?

Arion: My lord father is planning to seize Tahra for himself. He's prepared a massive army to take this city from the Empire once their forces are exhausted.

Linoan: No...!

Arion: It gets worse. Sorceres of the Loptian Order are headed here even as we speak. And not just any sorcerers - they've sent the Welkenrosen, the withered roses of Loptous himself. When they arrive here, they'll slaughter single man, woman, child in Tahra. It will be genocide.

Linoan: The Welkenrosen... This was my greatest fear...

Arion: Linoan, you must trust me. Allow Thracia to occupy Tahra. We can place the city's people under our protection, and I'll see to it they're treated well. The Empire won't be able to harm them. Being under Thracian rule also means the city won't be forced to paricipate in child hunts - and isn't that what you wanted all along? Of course, I won't allow anything happen to you, either. You have my word that I'll protect you just as vigilanty, Linoan.

Linoan: What will become of Lord Leif and the others?

Arion: I'm afraid they'll have no choice but to flee the city. The Empire can't allow the Prince to escape, and Father fears him as a threat.

Linoan: ... I understand, Your Highness. I shall avail myself your kind offer, and entrust the city of Tahra to you.

Arion: You've made a wise decision, Linoan.

Linoan: ... But I won't be staying here, myself. I shall accompany Lord Leif. It pains me to abandon the citizens, who've stood by me for so long during our rebellion, but I believe this would be best for everyone. Once the Empire lies destroyed at the hands of Lord Leif and myself, I'll return home. When that day comes, Your Highness, do you promise to return Tahra to my rule?

Arion: You... plan to overthrow the Empire? I'll agree in those terms. If you can truly defeat the Empire, I'll glady return Tahra to you.

dewWaff.png
Ha6ohzG.png
npSk9je.png

Edited by Rosalina

16 hours ago, Rosalina said:

The Dragonpike is a powerful brave lance which gives vantage. This is combination is fantastic against enemies with close range weapons. I don't know, if it's effective against draco knights. It's the first time ever I could get this lance

Its not effective against draco knights, its just an awesome lance that is extremely difficult to get.

They are enemies in any regard, but I think they only move once someone is in their attack range.

From what I remember if no one is in range each has a chance of moving, which means you usually have to deal with around half of them.

Let's see, if I can defeat them all. 

Its impressive that this was even a possibility on your run. I have never gotten that close to routing this map.

Chapter 14x Part 1

Spoiler

yK6x7WK.png

gaiden chapter... which means....... OF COURSE, DARKNESS

eJCU1I9.png
w6FscEd.png
NCOQy4Q.png

Linoan is joining.

vUEVKGe.png
1jLZseF.png
HcPVLXV.png
Rlsoxr8.png

The mission is to keep Tahrians alive who fleed their home against Linoan's order.

AutJpg0.png

That girl looks kinda familar, doesn't see?

Loptian Sage: Very good. You may return to Leonster now. I have no more use for you.

Misha: No. I'm not about to let you steal command of my squad right out from under me.

Oh, come now, Captain. We're only here to mop up what's left of the Liberation Army as they retreat. Pícking a dead carcross is hardly a task suited to an esteemed pegasus knight such as yourself, wouldn't you agree?

Misha: I said no. My squad is...

You have mistaken me for a man who repeats himself. This is an order, Captain!

Misha: I... All right, I get it. I'm going...

The chapter begins.

vf3Uqxc.png

Chapter 14x is another darkness map, and a very annoying one too. Your goal is to escape with everyone by going a tight path northwards alongside the hills. The terrain features peak tiles, unpromoted cavaliers cannot pass, so keep that in mind. Though this chapter has a sidetask, the main reason for the existence of this chapter. Civilians will spawn later (I don't remember on which turn they will start to appear) which have to be escorted. The number of civilians is determined on the number of villages you visited in chapter 14. Since three villages must be visited at least, the minimum number of shown civilians will be three. Each civilian who can escape, will grant a stamina drank. This is the golden opportunity to get some for free! I think there is a maximum of four of five obtainable stamina drinks as reward. Means letting more people escape will be waste effort. This chapter features a lot of crap which I will mention once the enemies are visible.

Linoan

9XxF6LY.png
vGHQnjj.png

Linoan joins permanently. She is a cleric. Cleric is the only first tier class which can use staves and any kind of white magic. Her base staff level is good too, so she'll become a real good staffbot...

hjTY2OI.png
... or maybe not.

fDiRP6Y.png
MdU8jOb.png
So Nanna has to show me what is waiting for me in this chapter.

pCpXmjt.png
Nothing... so far

Wow...

However no victory music is played, so there must be some enemies hidden somewhere.

rBh0Rc6.png
Two Loptian sages are shown up in enemy phase.

ST4pcvl.png
All of them have jormungand. They are still an absolute threat.

tvM58u3.png
And most of them have a rewarp staff. I think this another FE5 only staff. The user can teleport to any place they want. A very amazing..... but in this case very dangerous staff. However since they don't have a movement star they cannot warp theirselves and attack in one and the same turn. I defintely want to capture a few rewarps.

At the end of the turn:

J8lZ8QY.png
pegasus knight... fuck

Tk7lYp0.png
The sage used rewarp.

nHfw4ly.png
Lara is captured.

0onjI2r.png
another pegasus knight

These are the main enemies to deal with, and they are the reason why I hate this chapter.

O5qbj2Q.png
The pegasus knights, to be more precise pegasus riders (pegasus knight is the promoted class) are laughable weak, but they have their movement and terrain on their favor. They can capture easily the civilians and unarmed allies. And it is a pain to chase them back. 

The worst is, there's no real rule where there enemies will spawn. They have fixed localisations, but it varies from turn to turn. It is random when they will appear where.

HffOcZX.png
Dean can ORKO the dark sage in capture command which means I'll get my first rewarp staff.

yVCoSia.png
poisoned, I can take it

gZ6cQxy.png
not great

QlvkBuv.png
Linoan's first kill. I forgot to give Homer's light tome to her, so she has no AS for this chapter.

kkcKwKu.png
another peggy

exIvdca.png
Lara is freed.

o7jVSH3.png
I hope Linoan will be fine. Karin, out of screen, will lure the shown peggy.

uzWizAy.png

o31boQM.png
jWxOiPA.png
The first civilian appears in turn 3.

Now the pain starts...

5B0abCW.png
This is the top of the map.

1wQ9Ljs.png
XnupGVj.png
Wbomb0k.png
Codha, the guy shown in the conversation with Misha, is a dark bishop. He's not only powerful and bulky, but he also has the most annoying magic in the entire game, fenrir. It is long range dark magic and unlike in other games it is not only powerful but also VERY accurate. 80 hit is ridiculous. He 31 magic which would be 1-2 hit kill to EVERYONE. And of course as the bishop from chapter 11x he'll attack civilians if they are in his range.

This chapter has two bosses.

BwWnPFW.png
Pvx6WAL.png
Arendt (I think he was shown in the conversation with Raydrik after chapter 5?) is a hero who will move once someone is in his attack range. The danger of the killer axe can be prevented by using a scroll against him, but even with them he still can oneround if he activates adept.

Taking them out really won't be easy.

c1m5tLT.png
JLmgwoI.png
I want to keep them in my sight of view.

2wpdGMV.png
The civilian was caught by a peggy who flew back to the darkness. Nasty!

A0u97Jk.png
Safiya level up for restoring Dean.

3YVL5Oe.png
Eda can't do it.

cg5taPe.png
more trash

xSkEVhF.png
nDgiDyP.png

xvsOTHK.png
Tina was captured - NOOOOO! My thief staff...

9ampkZo.png
OOOPS... that was not intended. Thankfully she dogded that...

qF9M8fB.png

lKW1JPN.png
I ticked out for no reason. Personal weapons or staves cannot be captured. Tina still has the thief staff with her, means I do not have to recapture to get it back. Still I will do it because I want the rewarp staff and the enemy has halved stats.

QpBTs1u.png
Another civilian showed up and one got freed.

T2tiN3L.png
Karin shall weaken the boss and stay directly next to him to stay out of his fenrir's attack range. She can take one hit each by jormungand and a killer axe.

4mcRejw.png
vW8C37Y.png
no crit unfortunately

TQHCMXc.png
I changed my plan to make sure she will stay in Nanna's charme range.

OeqfKfd.png

He can move again...

uS3xzIp.png
... and recapture Tina.

NMun1Uo.png
Let's see, how it will turn out...

nnuL6Ti.png
A crit! 

ifXzvzv.png
good

Qlagnf2.png
Noooo... a dark mage from nowhere...

CV8THsu.png
lucky again

TROUaR4.png
... not so lucky

owHuDK0.png
And Tina got captured again. But this time I cannot recapture.

pqFvbaT.png
Oof, what shall I just do? I definitely want to get rid of the almost dead hero boss.

pqFvbaT.png
I need Leif as support here.

8BVwi6K.png
Pyt49UY.png
First boss is down.

b5hAjGC.png
Please hit twice!

1mlAOtJ.png
y3NqO1b.png
Thank you!!!

jhUADRz.png
... and to this level up!

51X9iH7.png
Tina is saved. RIP heal staves

CZaZtcg.png
Olwen's level is awful! I gave her pretty much all the scrolls.

IkUHVrU.png
Dean blocked, so the mage couldn't kill Leaf.

UDopg9G.png
CsDRbid.png
Stupid peak gives him superhigh defense.

w1p1duv.png
The area next to the exit is secured.

Now I have to bring the civilians there as fast as possible.

vEvgBza.png
SHqeZk5.png
By killing the bosses the chapter is NOT over! Reinforcements still appear.

SYHVWVL.png
mj1TLcH.png
With rescue chains I can escort  the first one safely.

oKVoMOj.png
Here's the reward.

OwhuKXH.png
m4agNEg.png
#2 is close there.

ktN839m.png
still more reinforcements...

KtfeuZ9.png
NLyVxeU.png
s drink #2

sQlosC9.png
Another chance to grab a rewarp staff.

BGuPLTA.png
MPlbtFX.png
Linoan can weaken

Lzb4890.png
good

Xr9wVHs.png
Lara got caught for the third time I believe.

Xr9wVHs.png

z07dnoc.png
#3 next to the exit

3PjtB39.png
2iS7H0s.png
eGnFAHQ.png
s drink #3

Tina got also captured once more. Bring her to this chapter just caused me unnecessary effort.

UuU4tMu.png
I mentioned earlier Fin must be dismounted to reach the exit.

v5itzX3.png
bhXcOBY.png
....... Ummmmmm... yeah... the crit chance was 11%......... BUT the hitrate frickin' 9 %.

Are you f**king serious!?

To be continued...

I have to let out my anger first.

12 hours ago, Rosalina said:

And most of them have a rewarp staff. I think this another FE5 only staff

Its an enemy only staff in Radiant Dawn as well. Unique to Lekain in endgame.

13 hours ago, Rosalina said:

The civilian was caught by a peggy who flew back to the darkness. Nasty!

This is half of the reason I hate this chapter, those Pegasi can just nab someone and disappear into the darkness.

Tina was captured - NOOOOO! My thief staff...

The thief staff is safe as they can't steal personal weapons, and it could be worse. At least you can capture the mages back to get the rest of her stuff...

And Tina got captured again. But this time I cannot recapture.

...but when one of these jerks nab you, the stuff is gone without way more effort than it is probably worth. That is the other half of why I hate this chapter.

14 hours ago, Rosalina said:

....... Ummmmmm... yeah... the crit chance was 11%......... BUT the hitrate frickin' 9 %.

Are you f**king serious!?

To be continued...

I have to let out my anger first.

Ouch, dead to a net ~1%...Not to get too morbid, but I don't think Finn is needed to recruit anyone. Than again he is really good on outdoor maps, and even on indoor maps that leadership star can help out.

Its an enemy only staff in Radiant Dawn as well. Unique to Lekain in endgame.

Oh riiiiiiight, how I could I just forget it!?

Well, Sephiran can rewarp too but it is a natural skill on him.

Chapter 14x Part 2

Spoiler

I decided to replay the turn. However it will be the LAST CHAPTER I will "resurrect" someone who is not involved in a further recruitment. That means the rest of the game will be "ironman-likish" unless I will not stop the run once Leif dies.

I let the Loption mage to capture Tina to have an easier time to take him out.

Xfk7Q8t.png
M0UldqG.png

ZdH0z8h.png
He has learned his lesson.

M1U3pdj.png
YAAAAAY, ambush spawn in Tina's range...

GM6eTuX.png
kBzQV4G.png
... with the expected outcoming.

If she had been placed one space closer to the enemy, so she would have been captured instead.

This chapter starts to go on my nerves!

I placed Tina further away.

I tell the rest of the chapter quickly. The civilians are brought by rescue chains to the exit fast. 

mxDZX0S.png Dean
0BqYjxR.png Safyia
m4mZI1s.png Eda

vNGphOi.png
geJiBDr.png
stamina drink #4 and #5

9oVs6mj.png
Umm... this guy did NOT make it to the exit. But I cannot be denied that he made it out "alive"....... with the enemy, however.

At the end I got five stamina drinks.

I researched, a maximum of six can be obtained.

D5WJCc4.png
Get out of this horrific place!

ANSC9ou.png

Dorius: I'd advice crossing over the Dauph Mountains to reach the road of Nordrhein.

Leif: The road to Nordrhein? So you propose that we make our way to Leonster along the coast?

Dorius: That's my thinking, yes, but I've not heared Augustus's opinion on the matter. At any rate we'll have to cross this mountain range regardless of which route we take. We should make haste, Prince Leif!

fX1kIY3.png
Lewyn appears from nowhere.

Lewyn: We've been through much together, you and I. I know how you think. When I heared Tahra had fallen, I anticipated this would be the route you'd take to escape the city. It seems I was correct. And with their defeat, Leif's army now faces a crisis of purpose... You certainly have your work cut for you. 

Augustus: It seems... I was not up to the task. I'm sorry for disappointing your, Your Highness.

Lewyn: Oh, don't kid yourself! Tahra's capitulation was inevitable - we both knew this. You've been doing a fine job.

Augustus: If you say so, Your Highness...

Lewyn: Now, if there's no other matters of import, I must be going. I still have to check the Orgahil region before returning to Isaach. It will be likely another year before we're able to meet like this again. Until then, I leave things in your capable hands, Augustus.

Augustus: Another whole year... There's still so much left to be done...

Chapter 15

Spoiler

Map Commentary

58q5Tfj.png
zhaRmEJ.png
xUZ6yHC.png
HhS1OMs.png
BASdbqf.png
OUXcwCj.png
tvoBQzP.png
LfXCfMu.png
FtsQvfw.png

Battle Preparations

IEsd17Q.png
PGqQvzB.png
my team

QK301o7.png
My task of making Mareeta even greater than she already is. She shall gain some defense and maybe con and movement.

As for this chapter no specific unit must be brought for a recruitment or a personal event.

ImzGE76.png

nJfslUv.png
Pny3X5t.png
Augustus and Dorius debate which path to go. As it in the chapter mentioned Leif must decide for a routesplit.

Augustus: That route will allow us to attack Leonster from the south, where the Empire's defenses are sure to be weaker.

Dorius: Clearly you aren't well-acquainted with the area. If you were, you'd know that Millefeuille Forest lies to Leonster's south. The place is synonymous with folk getting lost and never returning! Hell, the locals even call it "Mirage Forest" for short!

Augustus: Don't patronize me. I'm well aware of the dangers - but so is the Empire. They won't be expecting an attack to come from such a treacherous area. With our smaller numbers, making clever use of the terrain is our only hope of victory. That's just basic tactics!

Dorius: I must strenuously object! All of Thracia - no, all of Judgral is watching our battle! This is about more than victory! We cannot merely win, we must win in such a way that gives inspiration and hope to the masses oppressed by the Empire! Are we skulk through the woods like common bandits? Nay! We have to make a glorious specatcle of it, charging into battle with Leonster's flag hold high. 

Augustus: Such a spectacle would indeed be glorious - for the Empire. We'd be charging right into their frontlines. Our casaulities would be enormous.

Dorius: Some of our own would perish, ture, but it would be an honourable death worthy of a knight of Leonster.

Augustus: Don't presume to speak for all of us, Duke Dorius. Only a small fraction of our troops are knights - many more hold no title. To them, your notion of an "honourable death" is something neither meaningful nor desirable. See that you can't get innocent men killed by projecting your own values onto them.

Dorius: Th-That's uncalled for, Augustus! Your very words come precisely close to an insult! *Sigh* Though I suppose there's little point to us arguing further. The decision rests with Prince Leif now.

Augustus: ... Indeed it does. We shall do as the prince commands.

pFeEbaQ.png
mIKCu0U.png
VkLvspF.png
nScSu0K.png
bandits - which means buildings must be saved from them once more

Map

uePUW3E.pngPEZ2TUe.png
h85nQW2.png1ol3vHX.png

Chapter 15 is a weird map. The goal is place someone on one of the two arrows, so an arrive chapter. This chapter also ends automatically by visiting the church.

Techincally there is nothing more to do than passing three enemies on the way to the exit, but the central area cannot be ignored. There are some villages to visit and two characters can be recruited (in)directly later on.

H32YW6l.png
wnwteWO.png
bJW6INr.png
The enemies have a similar level as in chapter 3, so no threat at all.

twzttBt.png
PFMFV7q.png
The boss, however, doesn't suck at all. He is very fast and hits hard. Polex is also bad news to cavaliers. Even Asbel cannot doubel him, so it will require some manpower to take him out. However reaching him per foot is extremly idle as the terrain about him is. I don't know, if I will kill him.

H8qVsrY.png
This is the church which will also end the chapter if someone enters it. But do it with Leif, because if he visits it, it will trigger a conversation which will lead to a further recruitment (only relevant if you pick the western exit).

So now about the routes

Pros and cons

Western exit (= A route / Nordrhein):

• + better recruitable characters (one of them is a priest with great base staff rank)
  • + two possible warp and one rescue staff obtainable
  • + easier maps overall
  • + more interesting story (battle against Kempf
  • - recruitments need more effort(one less recruitable unit if Olwen is alive and one less recruitable unit if sleep staff is broken)

Eastern exit (= B route / Mirage Forest)

• + only obtainable pugi in the game
  • + first berserk staff is obtainable (still worse than warp  + rescue imo)
  • + two more obtainable silence staves
  • - way harder maps (16B has awkward terrain and 17B is one of the worst non gaiden maps in the game)

Honestly there is no real point in going B route unless you want the pugi. A route has the easier maps with the better rewards and recruitments. 

I will defintely pick the A route despite I will recruit one character less than I would get in B because I need Olwen dead to get one, but Olwen with her skill and weapon combo serves better than the recruitable unit would do.

LwW2cR1.png
Leif will be escorted to this area because he is needed for an upcoing recruitment in this area soon.

0Sq1Rwp.png
Everyone aside of the boss moves.

Inside the church:

9cBAE9K.png

Bishop: Truth be told, I'm most glad to dedicate my final years to raising these children. But what of you, Lady Almada? Will yo be all right?

Almada: It was good seeing you, bishop, though I wish it were under better circumstances. You'll watch over the children, I trust. I feel no fear, only shame - shame that, even as a proud knight of House Friege I can only help these children in secret. With each passing day, more and more are taken captive and sent to Belhalla... I can only save but a handful. Each time His Majesty grants me an audience, I try to convince him that going along with these child hunts is a grave mistake. But time and time again, he simply refuses to listen to reason... And now I'm in command of a whole batallion... How can I lead my men when I don't even belive in our order myself?
XK26Qnn.png
I will name him Sleuf because it looks and sounds better, and he is not Schroff at all.

Sleuf: Without you, we'd have no way of helping the captive children at all. We'd be reduced from rescuing a handful to rescuing none. Think of how many lives we have yet to save before throwing your own away.

Almada: ... You're right. Thank you for your counsel, Father Schroff. I'll do as you advise.

Almada leaves the church.

u2Tj4kP.png

Sleuf: Perhaps... but I know what I heared at the Tower of Bragi. When the three lights converge as one, darkness shall be banished from the living world. 

Bishop: The voice of Father Claude, long since dead and buried...

Sleuf: I'm sure it was him. He asked a service of me, saying. O righteous man, servant of Bragi, do what I cannot be my eyes, look upon your world, and tell me what it has become. 

Bishop: Mm... I understand. You're meant for greater things than raising a few toddlers in a remote village. Go. Embark on this journey the gods have charged you with. Worry not, I'll care for the children.

Sleuf: Thank you, Bishop... Please forgive my selfishness. I'm deeply sorry I cannot stay...

Sleuf leaves the map.

1dmsD5w.png

Man: Guess they got their reasons, 'cause I just saw 'em headed this way with my own two eyes. That woman you were talking with, the knight, she says she's gonna help fight 'em off. But with just the two of us, I dunno how long we can hold 'em back. You'd best take all the women and children an' hightail it outta here.

Bishop: Will the gods grant us no respite? Bah! Very well, Ralph, I'll do as you say. You have my apologies... A sellsword defending a poor village for no pay... You're a proof that all the good has vanished from the world. We all will thank you.

Ralph: Heh...I never run from a fight, Bishop. No matter what!

21c3ypu.png
Two green units appear appear here...

vAheJpv.png
LAyYh4T.png
... move instantly towards all the brigands.

Ralph
JOPpA6D.png
lk43B9p.png
Ralph is a hero with solid bases which makes him a good filler. He's recruitable with Leif.

Almada
fabmMOM.png
VGhrVE5.png
9n7HrVG.png
Almada is a Nanna-replacement. Her bases might be slightly worse than a promoted Nanna would have, but she has a movement star and adept. With the master word she could attack up to eight times in a turn at best. She is not recruitable yet, but will be later on. This means she has to survive, I even think she has to escape. If this chapter ends before she has fleed, she might count as dead or captured.

04MxhZO.png
Karin drops Leif to let him talk to Ralph in the next turn.

gtsjHVN.png
jqbiTT9.png
The others take care of these weaklings.

Enemy Phase

r255Z7v.png
Almada has hit issues with the master sword.

fSHCbcu.png
Same goes for Ralph and his hand axe.

DnfyKRs.png
I didn't want to let him equip the precious Light Brand, even if it could kill in this case.

NPC Phase

gykbRrK.png
Ralph finishes off the 1 HP enemy.

sJIn19S.png
This is good! She blocks the village. All axe brigands go strictly to all the buildings instead of attacking.

Player Phase

GOR5RHj.png
qcLltD4.png

Ralph: Not that I woulda taken their gold even if they offered me any. Couldn't take coin from the needy.

Leif: Then why fight on their behalf?

Ralph: I strumbled across this place in the middle of my own little journey and they lent me a hand. Time to return the favor, that's all. 

Leif: Ah, my apologies. I shouldn't have started prying without introducing myself first. I'm Leif of Leonster. 

Ralph: Leif... ? H-How... ?! ... Are you THE Leif, the prince? Talk about being in the right place at the right time! See, I'm Ralph, and I'm not much more than a lowly sellsword, myself. If it's all with you, Prince, could I join your army?

Leif: Of course! We could always use more men like you. Though if I may, I'd like to ask you something. Why exactly do you want to join my army? What's your reason?

Ralph: Because I won't put up with living under the Empire's thumb for one moment longer. That good enough for a reason?

Leif: I... I can't say I disagree, so that suffices for me, yes. Ralph, my greatest desire is to free every person suffering under the Empire's tyranny. Do you swear to fight for that cause?

Ralph: Sure do! Leave it to me!

1gkz0Nr.png
He can prove his usefulness right here.

GOPKJkS.png
uT6Cfg9.png
gjyfcyc.png
so many armorslayers in the game

BW6W8cj.png
BNJdYzr.png
sJFcj6B.png
UGBlO9z.png
definitely a more valuable item

S1Tudrz.png
rBBsz9Y.png
eTOY5tA.png
perfect recipient for this

cLqLjSy.png
All the villages are safe which won't affect the brigands's AI since the church is also left.

Enemy Phase ZVCAYhW.png
HP, strength, skill, magic, speed, luck, con

X8jOawm.png
good dodge

NPC Phase

ZJkWG74.png
SRadZZg.png
The sign she will go to escape.

Player Phase

pHn6NM3.png
k9Ik9gx.png
two chances, two misses

2dbizPt.png
Leif goes towards church.

5ECxBQU.png
The biggest threats die first.

uAyVOU2.png
Church is saved.

P1aN4oS.png
It would be nice, if this bow could be taken out.

eruOwE0.png
nice crit

Ralph is good for this chapter.

C05W0OR.png
DxfdJKu.png
Eda is dismounted to negate effecitve damage by the hunters.

Enemy Phase

Vu47J7B.png
Ok, it was a dumb idea because no damage.

NPC Phase

X633Gxo.png
I am starting to worry about Almada becuase... remember... the boss has a polaxe and doubles her.

Player Phase

xR0uvOZ.png
Reinforcements appeared from this fort. This guy can destroy the village in this turn.

I1lV5sP.png
uXbihEX.png
This is when the rewarp staff comes handy.

XU3divS.png
WzAT7rx.png
Dean is also dismounted.

As for this area reinforcements start to appear from turn one permanently.

UCDayHV.png
... RIP Almada!?

wfLRaA5.png
vLgTtXm.png
However same goes for Dean.

7eG1KtW.png
GKd8wXD.png
Leif opens the way to let Karin rescue Dean. Honestly I do not feel comfortable with this either.

DBRPI3H.png
Leif got a move again which helps to block the enemies's way to Karin.

Still I expect to see Almada dying to the boss.

Enemy Phase

5fmpFTB.png
ZOEpkHF.png

TiCIc8i.png

zzPLkbz.png
o4iHYQt.png
Here he comes!

Ha7r15w.png
She dogded twice! 

Still no reason to celebrate since he can attack her further.

Player Phase

mo9RpDQ.png
This brigand did not even attack Safiya. Apparently he is focussed on the last remaining untouched building, the church.

9VpkV5D.png
xwyHeOV.png
apWZrX2.png
Not the best scroll honestly, but useful enough on slow units like knights.

F78orjf.png
nhYtWea.png
That's all I can do here.

Now time to pray for Almada once again.

Enemy Phase

nhYtWea.png
5QIpicn.png
szuiCvV.png
Idc for this damage

62giKPS.png
first dodge

qJuPjMy.png
second dodge!!!

NPC Phase

G7zgaqw.png
She made it..... with more luck than understanding.

Chapter is done!

All villages could be saved and Almada could escape.

Until Leif can enter the church I kill as many enemies as possible.

YLjAPSr.png
HP, strength, skill, speed, defense

N8Rbh9p.png
magic, skill, speed, luck

VpPa6jb.png
HP, speed

4VdIcxB.png
Ending this chapter.

JcTWxtp.png
2cWdsSP.png
vIFyWXg.png
Only Leif will get that.

oqUU5Ry.png

Leif: We ride for Leonster.

Priest: Is that so? I've a favor to ask of you, then. A disciple of mine, Schroff, left here on... something of a personal journey. If you happen to cross paths, do send word that the lad is all right. That said, I offer to send you partway there with my warp staff. I can teleport you to one of two places:

3HlD1gq.png
2uaB4gT.png
3pGJztH.png
Here is the decisive decision to make. It decides about the two upcoming paths. I already mentioned before that I will go to Nordrhein simply because the rewards are better for less effort overall and it has an unit I have not could recruit yet.

Edited by Falcom Knight

14 hours ago, Falcom Knight said:

kBzQV4G.png
... with the expected outcoming.

If she had been placed one space closer to the enemy, so she would have been captured instead.

This chapter starts to go on my nerves!

I placed Tina further away.

Oh no, not Tina and her thief staff... big oof.

15 hours ago, Falcom Knight said:

She is not recruitable yet, but will be later on. This means she has to survive, I even think she has to escape. If this chapter ends before she has fleed, she might count as dead or captured.

I have seen her dodge so many of this chapter's bosses Halberd hits that I am absolutely convinced she has the same invincibility flag Kempf and Eyvel did.

I1lV5sP.png
uXbihEX.png
This is when the rewarp staff comes handy.

mo9RpDQ.png
This brigand did not even attack Safiya. Apparently he is focussed on the last remaining untouched building, the church.

Whoa. What a brilliant AI manipulation.

As for this chapter no specific unit must be brought for a recruitment or a personal event.

...You forgot about the event where Mareeta gets the Astra skill by talking to Shannam when he shows up as an enemy reinforcement late in this chapter.

Don't worry, I replayed the turn, so Tina is alive. 

I cannot lose the thief staff (need it for chapter 22).

As mentioned before the upcoming chapters from chapter 17a (already played 16a) till the end I will NOT replay anymore, if someone dies who is not Leif or essential for a further recruitment. 

11 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

...You forgot about the event where Mareeta gets the Astra skill by talking to Shannam when he shows up as an enemy reinforcement late in this chapter.

Honestly I did not know about it, so very good to know for future runs. 

13 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

I have seen her dodge so many of this chapter's bosses Halberd hits that I am absolutely convinced she has the same invincibility flag Kempf and Eyvel did.

I think so too. 

Even her being in a forest tile, I assume the boss still has 30-40% hitrate,  and especially in FE5 it is expectable to get hit at least once in four attempts. 

Chapter 16a

Spoiler

Map Commentary

uSm3sj5.png
P9iuBqO.png
P9iuBqO.png
tRmZeJ3.png
tdRiOdi.png

Battle Preparations

nv82Igv.png

my team

There will be a recruitable enemy with Karin, but it requires a condition to get it.

tJqs2dT.png
my home

oNUa8LS.png
It's finally time to settle things with Kempf.

Kempf: These rabble may have the gall to call themselves a "Liberation Army", but they're no stronger than a pack of bandits. My batallion shall shatter their delusions of grandeur with ease.

Nicolov: "With ease", you say? Get your head on straight, boy! Are you not the very man who abandoned his post and left his men die to at Fort Dundrum? You scurried home with your legs, brought shame to your uniform, and you still have the audacity to be arrogant?! These men are the Lanzenritter of Leonster, Prince Leif leads their vanguard, and they're within spitting distance of their motherland! Their morale is higher than the damn clouds! Underrestimate them and you're as good as dead!

Kempf: Ah... You... have my apologies, Colonel...

Nicolov: Save it, Kempf. Just do as I say. I need you and your batallion to stay on the bridge. The ballistae in the rear will help hold your position. No matter what, don't move out of their range. You got that? It's an order: Stick with the ballistae!

Kempf: ... Yes, sir.

Nicolov: Now, it may seem like we're on the defensive, but we're just biding our time. The real battle will begin when our reinforcements arrive. When the knights of Alster get there, we'll have the rebels surrounded from the front and back. We'll trap them in a pincer attack and crush the enemy in one fell swoop!

Kempf: What? The knights of Alster are to be our reinforcements?

Nicolov: The very same. Count Coromor is bring nearly 100 men - the rebels will be ambushed by the mightiest army in North Thracia!

Kempf: I... see...

tjGTL8D.png
anB23WR.png
Kempf is naturally pissed after that dishonor.

EeNSr8y.png

Leif: We won't be able to seize it without doing something about them. 

Augustus: Unfortunately, that bridge is the only way to across the river - and it's being defended by a batallion of heavyly- armored knights. To make matters worse, attacking the bridge would put us within the range of the enemy's ballistae.

Leif: Then our only option is to lure the knights out of the ballistae's range.

Augustus: I doubt any subterfuge would convince them to move far enough away. They have a far superior position, and they know it.

KXZGPZV.png
Olwen can make Kempf to move.

Olwen: I'm certain I can lure him away from the bridge - and his troops will be forced to follow.

Leif: J-Just what are your proposing, Olwen?! I won't allow you to put yourself in such grave danger!

Olwen: Then I ask it from you as a favor, Prince. I want to help you just as you helped me!

Map

Tj1AjyZ.pngQlR23t6.pngiP6THAe.pngnoYid1R.png
cXwzgzy.png?1HODXOcW.png?1JUDNT0A.png?18fH3UeO.png?1

Chapter 16a is a giant map with lots of things going on.

There are four villages to visit. One of them must be visited with Leif. A few brigands will go for them, so it's highly recommended to send fliers to visit them quickly. Just make sure of the ballistae's range.

Enemies

jgKuBWb.png
The brigands all have a hammer, so it would not be a bad idea to try capturing them.

j4wRn3d.png
The ballistae have not become less powerful.

eGmpoTh.png
9O5tqef.png
A few of the cavaliers's battalion carry a sleep sword. It can inflict sleep if it hits. In general this sword is not very practical is most cases because it's very inaccurate and as heavy as a broken weapon. Since cavaliers cannot be captured, there is no way to get it unless using a sleep staff on them to dismount them and make them capturable.

DFCF3Oj.png
Some carry bows, so beware of using fliers against them.

Ilios

CoP1qob.png
lPPoyh8.png
tkl1HVc.png
UH7vcw3.png
eyPWsLz.png

Ilios (formerly Eirios) is the leader of the cavalier squad. He is a mage knight who will move once someone is in his huge attack range.

He can be recruited but two requirements must be met:

1. Olwen must be dead. I think it would also work, if she dies in this chapter.
  2. Karin has to talk to him.

He has excellent equipment, two good skills and better bases than Olwen.

Still I prefer Olwen for one crucial aspect: She can use dire thunder. And in combination with vantage, it's possible to become complety untouchable. 

Since people voted for Olwen, unfortunately I have to kill Ilios. But I will grab his stuff for sure.

The second batallion is the Kempf's batallion.

6i9VxB4.png
WlBnA1l.png
aL7yzW2.png
W3LU1SD.png
Some knights, soldiers, archers and mages who are pretty weak.

Kempf

a6V6hgk.png
7Y0kYUi.png
Kempf has the same stats as in chapter 11, but I think he lost his master sword which makes him slightly less frightening. Still thoron is a strong thunder tome. 

It is said that Kempf and his batallion will NOT move since they shall block the four ballistae, but we're talking about Kempf! I don't trust this guy at all! I wouldn't be surprised, if he disobeyed his orders. He might only react, if Olwen is in his attack range, but I will see!

wRNJR04.png
some more goodies to capture

Brook

lr3fyul.png
cuek6LZ.png

Brook is the main boss. He is another general boss with master weapons. Asbel could die to them if they hit him both, but their hitrate is really low. It would be awesome to capture him, but it is nearly impossible to do it (cavalier with armorslayer would be the only way).

Let's start!

dBd3RaY.png
U0OPfvf.png
Sending the fliers to the villages. Thanks to Karin's giant movement she can reach a ballista in the first turn.

UicCGC4.png
mx90Evy.png
Safiya becomes a sage. She has E rank in anima and light magic.

Enmxx5Y.png
after turn 1

N5DWgxY.png
O-ho, I didn't check out that these guys all have a killer lance. They are scary, but this one actually could not kill Nanna even with a crit.

ia1oBkW.png
HP, skill, speed, luck, defense

kfi8vgr.png
way less scary

kfi8vgr.png
UxQW4Dc.png
Karin is in Ilios's attack range which makes him to move.

15fgBOl.png
His battalion is following him.

joMpFJq.png
9nL5ZOg.png
Schroff is back. He is inside in of the villages. Leif has to visit him.

yedyKMg.png
xibv38E.png
sweet dreams 

rBuo9Ik.png
14LtX39.png
He is not only dismantled, but he's also capturable now.

TfCMb7x.png
i82fyNx.png
NnbkYaQ.png
EewsqHH.png
1Oy8aTS.png
ukBkBHy.png
sayzvuh.png
av8SGuD.png

With the bridge key a second path to the boss can be opened.

8gkABjb.png
ro2UmON.png
qHjZppN.png
lAvCZOE.png

9nB2G3e.png
... I don't remember what she got.

dVoW71i.png
Luring out the cavaliers.

eCSjrYv.png
He still can talk asleep.

4XZFaYA.png
Oof... again I didn't check out all enemies's weapons. This guy with the horseslayer could have oneshotted Fargus.

PIRajud.png
Ok... I have to write down the level ups from now on.

CwBRXF5.png
None of the sleep edges hit him thankfully.

B05QZBK.png
More threats for my cavaliers are left.

FSyDPa9.png
But I will be able to take them all out in this turn.

bIRn2sM.png
Karin captures Ilios.

3wSwmdW.png
Ox1fE7o.png
7iI6QK7.png
Eda takes all of his stuff and releases him.

FlHLFnX.png
kLaSPy9.png
IHzTUd6.png
So the remaining enemies don't benefit from the authority stars anymore.

rE9s0E7.png
Time for an arena round... because why not!?

OWtzncm.png
mInJAqP.png
A mage is literally the worst enemy for a draco knight.

WvEH9Eu.png
This looks BAD!

nFHfPdz.png
lucky

id9pn7c.png
Again the RNG went crazy..... this time in my favor! Eda dodged a fatal hit three times (because I pressed the wrong button of leaving arena).

This was definitely the last arena round of this LP.

Actually maybe not........ because I need Tina be promoted till chapter 22.

cmJWEOn.png
lrtG1Ib.png
This is Schroff's village. Leif has to enter this one.

oa6h2A7.png
This area will be fun........ 

ebLo6GK.png
VK2IiNf.png
IjJ81IE.png
yuEFqK7.png
master seal

avGkUb9.png
2JH2lIy.png
d4Q9iwp.png
FLDTeUE.png
As I said before I do NOT trust Kempf, so I silence him to force him use his weak venin sword.

dKG7uoV.png
Lara uses another shield ring. She just needs one more HP or defense to survive a ballista shot.

QkTJFuy.png
brigand reinforcements - These are definitely not the ones from Alster who have been mentioned.

Spoiler

And you won't see them.

IskC4mx.png
They really DID not move, so Kempf actually kept a promise for once.

This makes this part a lot harder of course because I have to make my way through Kempf to reach all the ballistae. I do not know, if they still will be stationary once Kempf is dead or one of the ballistae has been taken out. The problem is that I have to take them all at once because NO ONE will be able to survive four ballistae shots.

C7y8pV2.png
16mVGbP.png
08ZPMsF.png
sPUSCl2.png
the mentioned problem is pictures

T3WULuJ.png
It's not possible to kill four enemies in my way and the four ballistea in one and the same turn, so I have to rely on luck. I will make use of charisma skill (Nanna and kingmaker) for best possible evasion.

WqlDE6l.png
55QfLhj.png
EbMg473.png
yqYINT1.png5oDP3WE.png crit, Safiya uses physics on him after that
UbfmjIZ.png
I still hope no one will move, and I also hope my dodgetank strategy will work.

30y3pr7.png
bad

Duw0RFF.png
BAAAAAAAAD

One more hit, and I will have my first Game Over of this LP.

daUxbql.png
What the hell, why did he go for Pan!? He could have killed Leif by dealing 13 damage to him who had 13 damage left.

The fourth ballista also attacked pan because he had one attack less and could not kill Leif.

Still I was lucky thanks to stupid enemy's A.I.

Anyways it's time to rout at once:

qEDDzo9.png

sfiZGJj.png

63wuTAq.png
63wuTAq.png
mv6tsqY.png
He missed with 99%!!! Unlike in chapter 11 it is NOT scripted.

Actually perfect because I can give the kill to someone....... who wants it the most.

eYNqQgG.png
T7McJWK.png
pcCo2vJ.png
sJ4g5Vj.png
WmCwntP.png
IeiYmWo.png
YNBKmKn.png
U8PPfao.png
Kempf is spared..... for now.

UcoSe5E.png
Perfect, he didn't kill!

6PHC2Ff.png
aiwxNje.png

37G5rBJ.png
4uPuwQQ.png
Failed to capture the physics.

bBJlyyq.png
nothing

MW8nH67.png
NEVERMIND!

5lUxWQw.png

C1qEK8w.png
Kempf is naked.

RGyxXqS.png
It's obvious who deserves to kill him.

m8Y6jma.png
Unfortunately they do not have a special conversation. Apparently only, if she stands in his attack range and he attacks her.

IB6TKG4.png
Captured the physics.

No sign Alster's reinforcements yet.

Maybe they even won't show up anymore once Kempf is dead.

xC1d9uJ.png
magic, strength, skill, speed

ZQdoJAw.png
the last remaining enemies

6LwTx6d.png
They also have killer lances, but Olwen doesn't care because she has the first word.

e8IlvC3.png
HP, strength, magic, luck, con

GnOOemK.png
m87l56G.png
SCDG1tx.png
ZCHCBaP.png
jidGSoa.png
MMjHTgl.png
Schroff joins.

Schroff

J3B4Vtr.png
4YARVzi.png
WYUlTGq.png
LBORutD.png
Schroff is a cleric who starts with amazing A rank, means he can use wrap and rescue instantly. Also three movement stars are really good on him. He will become a very useful unit. He also comes along with the Bragi's scroll which is useful on any magic using unit.

OPdiTCt.png
The chance of getting hit twice is <4%, so it's definitely worth to attack with him.

GjnigcH.png
Actually I want to save Grafcalibur. Maybe thunder can do it too. His evasion only will take a slighty nerf. (still 4% chance of dying)

c3NeIHG.png
XKFI85h.png
ITu0YO0.png
instant crit => oneshotted

I remember Mekkah lost him in this battle, but he didn't benefit from charisma unlike in this case.

Before Leif will seize, Mareeta kills one of the brigand reinforcements to get a level up.

ZGxxtJO.png
HP, strength, skill, luck

xF7TWAS.png
YEEEEESSSSS

FCwROWt.png
promotion time

2qFcIPP.png
Swordmasters learn their class skill adept.

KCi2OsP.png
HP, speed

mhS3fcm.png
Orsin learns sol because if he crits his restored HP will be equal to the dealt damage.

UkY6gQT.png
All important side activities in this chapter are done.

Edited by Falcom Knight

9O5tqef.png
A few of the cavaliers's battalion carry a sleep sword. It can inflict sleep if it hits. In general this sword is not very practical is most cases because it's very inaccurate and as heavy as a broken weapon. Since cavaliers cannot be captured, there is no way to get it unless using a sleep staff on them to dismount them and make them capturable.

I hope you nabbed at least one of those sleep edges, as one will make the nightmare that is recruiting Xavier at lot more manageable.

16 hours ago, Falcom Knight said:

It is said that Kempf and his batallion will NOT move since they shall block the four ballistae, but we're talking about Kempf! I don't trust this guy at all! I wouldn't be surprised, if he disobeyed his orders. He might only react, if Olwen is in his attack range, but I will see!

Olwen has a talk conversation actually. Getting her into position to pull off the conversation without dying (or letting her die to recruit Ilios before he becomes a problem) usually requires some sorta warp/rescue staff use, or a fair bit of luck. I am guessing silencing Kempf might have prevented that option, but it certainly made killing him safe.

17 hours ago, Falcom Knight said:

What the hell, why did he go for Pan!? He could have killed Leif by dealing 13 damage to him who had 13 damage left.

The fourth ballista also attacked pan because he had one attack less and could not kill Leif.

Still I was lucky thanks to stupid enemy's A.I.

...That was a lucky break. My best guess is that the two that went for Pan were the only ones that could, and they think he is a better target for some reason

17 hours ago, Falcom Knight said:

bBJlyyq.png
nothing

MW8nH67.png
NEVERMIND!

How much move does your Karin have? She is getting to be ridiculously mobile.

16 hours ago, Falcom Knight said:

QkTJFuy.png
brigand reinforcements - These are definitely not the ones from Alster who have been mentioned.

Yeah Conomore shows up something like 20 turns in. You have to wait a long time for him to finally show up, and it doesn't look like you waited for the pegasus army that shows up before him either. RIP Nihil scroll, plus chapter 19 will be a little more interesting on this run.

Chapter 17 Part 1

Spoiler

Dorius: Our motherland of Leonster is but a stone's throw away. The people have been awaiting your return for many years now...

Leif: Leonster... My kingdom...

Dorius: Indeed. Your souvereign land. Ah, but I get ahead of myself... You were so young when we had to flee Leonster - it would be understandable if you do not remeber her beauty. 

Leif: No, I remember Leonster's beauty - but most of all, I remember that night. As long as I live, I'll never forget it.

Dorius: "That night"? What do you remember, milord?

Leif: That night that Castle Leonster fell... The flames burned so brightly, I thought it was already sunrise. I remember just looking up at the sky from Finn's arms... At first, I didn't understand what was happening. But when I saw the look on Finn's face, I knew something terrible had happened, and I was filled with this... deep sorrow. It was the first time in my life I'd felt such a profound sadness...

Dorius: I forced Finn into a tough role, I admit. But he was the only man for the job - the only man I could trust with your life. "As long as the prince is safe, the day will come when Leonster rises again." That's what I told him. And off he rode, clutching you to his chest, away from the flames cosuming the castle... He left a part of himself behind in Leonster. And he's not alone - we all left a piece of our souls behind when we fled from the motherland...

Map Commentary

omvP9d0.png
PDwLhx2.png
eBXeVSS.png
pWddjPb.png
uOE8ukd.png
oY3uVYI.png
hf7qZ5y.png
uZoik7U.png

Battle Preparations

0d7caoy.png
BBd6RfO.png

For this chapter bring Karin and a sleep staff to this chapter. 

VAdOYB0.png

tshYl8f.png

Nicolov: He ruined our chance to halt the rebels's advance... You have my sincerest apologies!

?: Damnit, Kempf! I gave him a second chance and this is how he repays me?! I shouldn't have sent him back to Castle Friege, like you said.

Nicolov: No, sir, it was me that was too lenient with him... But despite Kempf's failure, I'm not worried. I've stationed my squad of heavily-armored knights in front of the castle. Bishop Moore and his team of mages are also present. Next, we have Reinhardt in the Gelbenritter already approaching the enemy from behind. And if that isn't enough, we have the Pegasus Corps of Silesse on stand-by to assist us if things go south. With this strength behind us, we could defeat any army!

?: Indeed... I can find no fault in what you've outlined. Ah, one other thing. I forgot to mention it, but Bishop Saias will be gracing us with his presence. He happened to be traveling nearby, and graciously offered to lend us power.

Nicolov: THE Bishop Saias? The military genius?!

?: The one and only! His missive said he'd be arriving in a few hours.

Nicolov: Hah! It isn't just the rebels's lucky day, is it? In light of this, I'll shore up our defenses for the time being. Once the Lord Tactician arrives, we'll launch our assault immediately. Marquess Gustav, I bid you remain in the castle and await word of our victory. 

Gustav: Very well. I'm counting on you, Nicolov!

xoGC6pC.png
The pegasus knight from chapter 14x.

Nicolov: Very good. And if you'll pardon the intrusion, there's one other matter...

Misha: That being?

Nicolov: I've heared tell your mother was killed by the traitor Sigurd during the civil war. Is that true?

Misha: ... 

Nicolov: Ah, I take it that's why you became a mercenary fighitng on behalf of the Empire?

Misha: This isn't about my mother. Back home, we've got lots of starving children. We're doing this for them. All we want is enough coin to buy bread and milk...

Nicolov: I see. Bah, that was a foolish thing to ask. Please, forget I said anything.

Misha: ... Then I'll be taking my leave.

rQMIG36.png
N1L3GyZ.png
Analyzing the situation.

Leif: Why not divide our forces and send a team to attack them first?

Augustus: We don't have the men to spare. Half our troops were left behind to defend against Reinhardt and his army striking from the rear.

Leif: So what should we do?

Augustus: How willing to fight are Silessian mercenaries? That is the question...

Map

6tRktHP.png9IpBl3J.png
VQsyPuX.pnglKQqa9i.png

Chapter 17a is another seize mission. Again the more turns are passed, the more complicated things will become. I will show a part of all the chapter events. 

On the hill where the group of dark mages is placed, is a visitable church. Leif has to enter it. The only ways to reach it, are to warp / rescue Leif to the church to escort him there with a flier.

Enemies

Dx6vvd3.png
soldier weakling

ioldXqO.png
knights with powerful weapons

GCHNT9C.png
powerful dark mages on the hill

s8St7Xe.png
mOurq9a.png
sbYOr3e.png
Moore, a dark sage, is their leader. You want silence him at once not only to not let him use fenrir, but also to get the warp and fortify staff without effort. 

C3x63Wr.png
The Silessian pegaus knights all have a horseslayer which is bad news for all cavalry units. 

Misha

tOYylsS.png
FOiCIvD.png
Misha is their leader. She is already promoted with more magic than strength, so she would be a really good user of her wind sword once she's dismounted. She's recruitable with Karin. To recruit her, these things must be done in order:

1. Karin talks to her.
  2. Put her to sleep to dismount her.
  3. Capture her (with anyone)

Misha and her squad will only move and attack once someone is in their range who's not Karin. If Karin is in their range, they'll "protect" her by surrounding her (which I consider just as trapping).

8lzzUj8.png
There cannot be chapter anymore without ballistas. Though Karin can reach them and take ORKO them all even dismounted.

4BsOvC4.png
Next to the boss are two long range magic users. The other one uses meteor. At least the bolting sage should be captured. The problem is that these two are placed in an isolated area. It is only possible to capture them by warping someone next to them.

ANmlq94.png
2WV548V.png
Master weapon general bosses are as common as ballistae at this time. Nicolov has five authority stars which makes him scarier than the last general boss. However he has one less attack, so maybe Asbel can take two hits by his master axe.

zEFczRw.png
ngmgs4W.png
First task is to dismantel Moore.

JT5V1zd.png
rHHcryq.png
In the second turn Dean captures Moore and Karin takes all his goodies and releases him. Since he had no leadership stars, the dark mages aren't affected negatively by his dead.

7rZYoiC.png
Dean is in the attack range of the pegaus knights. But they are less a threat than all the dark mages. Two of them will kill him.

n2tau5r.png
So Sleufs rescues him. A bit of a waste of this staff right here.

mXv7KEr.png
These soldiers are so bad that Eda even can ORKO them.

3S1XHnf.png

wNxzvAB.png
Karin will be fine. The pegaus knights won't harm her.

aAX3AhT.png
One of them survived.

kqbsIgU.png
strength

oFhGoJG.png
Great that he survived. Hopefully I can capture the greatsword. I haven't had it in my inventory yet.

vkdi9ok.png
Karin is pretty much walled. 

lHN3GJF.png
Since no one can kill this guy in capture command, I cannot grab that greatsword.

jpeZ6J0.png
lqjGbtH.png
ZLQm0Tk.png
2iwFJVD.png
making my way through

M8gjUD3.png
Since she cannot reach Misha, she can do this instead.

MgRWJvQ.png
wFydmft.png
OTdVEIR.png

B4Qd4a2.png
One peg. knight can reach this group. You won't get any rewards for letting all of them alive, so no need to be hesitate in killing them.

qdMz3MU.png
m8KXS7U.png
Well, for some reason she attacks Karin. I can be realy glad that Karin missed once. Otherwise she would have been dead.

bXV9uWy.png
meh

MmGuNKU.png
The others don't do anything.

pvmhBSh.png
O0J9wQo.png
FPE37sn.png
kGUYfcC.png
Misha isn't really talkative.

6drzpaM.png
Unfortunately I have used my last sleep staff against Ilios, so the hammerne staff has to reapir it. It is even more waste than the rescue staff use in the beginning.

The sleep sword would have an actual use right here...

7G2GM5o.png
NgR2L8e.png
KaaGt1v.png
Linoan needs to use barrier on Sleuf to give him enough magic to put Misha to sleep.

RSHrGYW.png
bad

FVTRIxH.png
Now she can be captured.

S54hDRP.png
The hitrates are poor due to Misha's leadership stars. I don't know if they are ereased once she's captured.

Karin and Dean can deal with that squad.

wsScx6p.png
71AChe8.png
Rcnvula.png
The healers will be left behind due to their poor movement.

Though keep in mind that it was mentioned that the Gelbenritter will appear from the beginning sometime later, so there's no infinte time.

XvTXyDQ.png
2Gj7fcs.png
iEAZzKw.png
qtfWpeT.png
They are not hostile to Karin.

MmKHXYZ.png
Dean is surrounded, so the way must be opened for him.

nNx6Jxl.png
Fargus captures the greatsword with the armorslayer.

sJuo5cJ.png

oxF1YUM.png
Lara level up

D8B3BK5.png
e0tZWwD.png
The squad is down.

CwSQFz4.png
Lu8jpBB.png
3VfwJi5.png

j31Jfk7.png
Brigand reinforcements appear who are going to destroy these villages.

kPvA3V1.png
XvNYkZ4.png
qsf24ok.png
This is very VERY nice!

next turn...

fp5XW2s.png
4ogfPON.png
BJwMUrM.png
Hmtx2yB.png
Wow, another warp staff! Means two obtainable warp staves in this chapter! The two houses on the top of the map are absolute essential.

D3Y18Ld.png
Capturing Misha.

1yoo5mq.png
Look, how great this Karin is!

pyvZN0c.png
kfKQ741.png
... I take it back!

XwLlKai.png
second ballista down

FEYuMEj.png
sqzfb3p.png
Asbel and Leif are warped next to the boss. Asbel needs the charisma boost by Leif's equipped kingmaker to get a guarantee kill on the boss.

JkgaSE2.png
without charisma

pAEQzOk.png
with charisma

rIH8NH2.png
kcnnsQd.png
Zmn1F8n.png
3hLq7HB.png
nothing

Main boss is down, but chapter is not over yet...

On 2/6/2020 at 7:46 AM, Eltosian Kadath said:

I hope you nabbed at least one of those sleep edges, as one will make the nightmare that is recruiting Xavier at lot more manageable.

I see that point. It would have been already useful on Misha........ if it had hit.

Olwen has a talk conversation actually. Getting her into position to pull off the conversation without dying (or letting her die to recruit Ilios before he becomes a problem) usually requires some sorta warp/rescue staff use, or a fair bit of luck. I am guessing silencing Kempf might have prevented that option, but it certainly made killing him safe.

Ah true, he couldn't talk because he was silenced.

How much move does your Karin have? She is getting to be ridiculously mobile.

Yeah Conomore shows up something like 20 turns in. You have to wait a long time for him to finally show up, and it doesn't look like you waited for the pegasus army that shows up before him either. RIP Nihil scroll, plus chapter 19 will be a little more interesting on this run.

I played the chapter in advance which was a mistake after all, I guess.

Anyways I haven't played further.

Next chapter to play is 18....... the one with "the" recruitment.

Edited by Falcom Knight