Pick my Villager promotions

What should I promote my villagers into?  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Kliff

• Cavalier
    • Soldier
    • Archer
    • Mercenary
  2. 2. Tobin

• Mage
    • Cavalier
    • Soldier
    • Mercenary
  3. 3. Gray

• Mage
    • Cavalier
    • Soldier
    • Archer
  4. 4. Faye

• Mage
    • Cavalier
  5. 5. Atlas

• Mage
    • Soldier
    • Mercenary

Watching Mangs trying(?) to iron man through Echoes got me nostalgic enough to try a little follow along ironman, but I hit a bit of analysis paralysis when reaching the villager promotions. I'm not foolish enough to follow the blatant trolling of his chat, but I do kinda want to try something new with my villager, so I started looking over my party (and vague memory of the run I deleted) from the runs of Echoes I have done. I realized I rarely mix up my villager promotions. So please help me pick my villager promotions from those I haven't used.

Kliff is the best soldier ever, problem is, being a soldier in Echoes suck immensely, to the point that all the soldiers are the best fork users, but is a fun build if you are not rushing. Hell, forking hit after he promote to knight would create a god of destruction lol 

Tobin mage is his best path lol.

Gray imo is kinda mediocre everywhere so anything goes. Archer should work well whit his str, kinda like it work on Atlas. I made him a cavalier in the original gaiden and he was better than Clive, but my cat is better than Clive.

For faye i don't really know, i'd say make her a mage if you don't do that to Tobin and a cavalier otherwise. She can't be worse than clive.

Atlas is difficult. Mercenary work but when you already have 3-4 of them is soul crushingly boring, and the same is true for mage, even if his stats are good for Sagitta sniping, as he is specilized in atk and hp. Soldier is shit on him.

Thank you all for your input and votes, but it is time I got around to choosing. So in the end we have:

Kliff as a Cavalier

Tobin as a Mage

Gray as an archer

Faye as a Mage

Atlas is still tied at the moment, so when I reach the time to promote him I will double check the poll to see if anything changed, but otherwise I will flip a coin.

Edit: in case anyone is curious, in part 1 Lukas died to a 1% crit on that same horse map that ended Mang's first attempt, and in part 2 Leon died as a green unit, and am at the start of part 3.

Edited by Eltosian Kadath
Update