Juice WRLD.

Mukmuk

Hi all,

Today, we lost a very special person: Juice WRLD. I never knew him personally, but he connected with both me and fans throughout the world through the thing he did best: Music. His music carried me through some very difficult times a few months back, and to today. He had a seizure at an airport, and was found dead shortly after. This was only six days after his birthday. He was only 21. 

This is my general impression, but it seems as though most people here in SF don't listen to rap music. Which is completely fine. I don't care; I respect whatever music choice you want to listen to.I had to let this off my head (I recieved the news when it first came out), so that's why I'm posting here. To kind of inform all of you, but also to help me a bit. I'll try to keep it simple:

I first got my taste of his music when I caught his song "all girls are the same," in 2018. That's when I really started getting into his vibe. He was so raw and pure in his emotions. I had never listened to anyone like him before. 

Then, as expected (and deservedly), he started blowing up, especially with "Lucid Dreams." A top 5 album soon followed. Then a #1 album. I listened to his sound mature and develop over the years. He was my second most played artist in 2019. I listened to him A LOT. And I could always vibe to his music, no matter how happy or shitty I was feeling at the time. I could feel him in his music. He was powerful. He reached out to me and a lot of other people out there.

Even before his death, he was still in high spirits and having a good time. 

That's who he was, I believe. Despite rapping about his life's misfortunes, he always found the time to smile and appreciate life. Even though he was tormented by all these things happening to him, he still shone through all of it.

He is one of this generation's greats. "Legend" can't describe him. To me, he was a fucking angel. 

My condolences to all his family, friends, and other fans out there. 

A thing that is not mentioned a lot in the media, when they offer their own condolences, is his girlfriend, Ally Lotti. Because of her, Juice had quit drugs, and was trying to move on because of her. It is clear that she loved him very much... I can't imagine the pain she must be in right now. A thousand blessings, and I pray that she can get through this hard time.

And... that's about it. I don't think anyone expected him to go. Now I'm continuing to pray that we won't lose any more. 

Jarad Anthony Higgins. Born: December 2nd, 1998. Died: December 8th, 2019. 

R.I.P. Rest in peace, brother. I love you.