New event calendar (December 2019-January 2020)

DarkAlf

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm still hoping reindeer Claude is one of those new Christmas units. 😛 Though I won't get my hopes up too high, as it may be a little soon for Three Houses seasonals to start appearing.

Kind of hoping special heroes are nothing too great. I failed to get Thrasir last time so her reappearance on the next Legendary/Mythic banner is my top priority. 

Hall of Forms is back. Nice! 😄

And a little less than a month until we get Chapter 3 of Book 4. Typical but oh well.

I'm really hoping the first Special Heroes banner there has Brom in a Christmas/Santa outfit. I feel like that may be the only way he gets in, I'm starting to lose hope! And if previous years are anything to go by, then that New Heroes banner in January is a Tellius banner, and I'm betting it'll bring us Jill.

Edited by Fire Emblem Fan

I am hoping that the New Heroes Focus would be Farfetched Heroes/Brave Redux, although it would be nice too if it was Book III stuff.

Well, unless the seasonal banners have a new unit type or one of my favorites on them I am going to start saving for a while.  I am happy to see a new heroes banner at the start of next month.

Okay - I had some time to digest this.  So December will have a total of likely over 360 orbs (my orb sheet) and January should be very generous since we have a New Year's Event, which probably will include some combination of Daily maps/log-in bonus/other free orbs.

• Rally Skills banner: Some combination of Lugh, Ophelia (Rally Up skills), Eliwood (Brave), Dream Corrin (female) and Quan - my guess is Ophelia, Dream Corrin and Quan
  • Brazen Skills banner: The only 5* exclusives are Tiki (fallen), Mikoto and Hardin, although I wonder if they'll sneak in Norne, Echidna or Ares, which I doubt
  • Special Heroes banners: Your guess is as good as mine - I have no clue.
  • New Heroes banner: Same - no idea.

When January 4 and 5 come, we will have a record 12 (maybe 13) banners minimum those days: 6 special heroes, Brazen Skills, Weekly Revival, Tempest Trials+, Bound Hero Battle (Fae & Idunn), Legendary heroes, and at least 1 (maybe 2) for Voting Gauntlet.

36 minutes ago, DarkAlf said:

When January 4 and 5 come, we will have a record 12 (maybe 13) banners minimum those days: 6 special heroes, Brazen Skills, Weekly Revival, Tempest Trials+, Bound Hero Battle (Fae & Idunn), Legendary heroes, and at least 1 (maybe 2) for Voting Gauntlet.

That is good. I think they should always have at least like 10 Foci running simultaneously.

Anything less than that, like what we have now, it encourages players to save their Orbs too much. And when players have more Orbs, they are less likely to feel desperate and spend.

Well, it looks like Mjolnir's Strike is just going to be an ongoing event, considering it's not on the calendar. Because, you know, we don't already have enough weekly shit to deal with on top of 2 or 3 concurrent events at all times.

2 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Well, it looks like Mjolnir's Strike is just going to be an ongoing event, considering it's not on the calendar. Because, you know, we don't already have enough weekly shit to deal with on top of 2 or 3 concurrent events at all times.

Arena, Arena Assault, Alliance Battles or whatever that mode with Pair Up is called, Aether Raids if you do it...

I've missed like three weeks of the above now, barely got all the sacred seals from the last TT, and missed a whole round of the last voting gauntlet. I really don't think I need even more to forget...

Mjolnir's Strike is the first event I've actually felt interested in keeping up with in a while, so I'm down for a permanent thing. Also, did nobody else read the whole 'early numbers indicate tens of millions of troops' bit? That's just one Askr, meaning just for one Summoner, even with us firing into each others' worlds it's going to take longer than one week to kill them all, and I assume Second-Mjolnir-Wielder can respawn them, this is probably going to be ongoing at least until we find some way to beat her down.

As for the Banners, hoping for next version of Brave Redux or whatever it is, the next event I have any real interest in is Valentine's because I need that Roy on my main account.

The main issue I have isn't the weekly content, but the daily one - i.e. Aether Raids. All the other modes can be completed by battling for one day a week, ARs can't be. As a result, it's about as big a chore as the rest of the weekly modes combined.

I'll ignore the daily Arena quest because doing Arena daily instead of weekly is a net loss of just 600 feathers.

Looks like I will finally be able to finish merging my FH!Delthea on the 20th when her GHB returns. Also hoping those two Tempest Trials have some good seals since it has been some time since I upgraded any of them.

ah yes, it's that time of the year where absolutely 0 new heroes banners are planned but instead of them we get a bunch of oh-so longed armored units once again

hey intsys, can i just skip december?

I realllllyyyyyyy hope that none of the new winter units entice me! I plan on diving in for Winter Robin first and foremost, followed by saving up for NY Hrid. If I get Robin early, I’ll spend a few orbs on the double seasonal banner currently going on. I don’t have either of the green units, Bride Sanaki and Dancing Elincia, so either one of those would be amazing to have—Elincia in particular! Other than that, I’m excited for all the orbs we are getting!

I also really hope they bring back the free random 5* seasonal thing again. It was really cool getting my first VA Lyn that way. Hopefully my Y1 is bit luckier though lol.

Fallen Delthea is a GHB I completely ignored beyond the first difficulty, so I’m ready for that as well.

Also, grand conquests is like my least favorite event lol. So I’m sad to see that, but I’m pumped for hall of forms!!

So... many... banners... as I've just decided to save orbs. That being said... not sure if there are any real temptations here.

• Ophelia and Brave Eliwood are both actually really nice units and I don't have the former, but at this point I'm not starving for blue nukes so I'm fine on the rally skills banner. I already have both Quan and Lugh as well so I'm good there. If I got another one of them I'd probably toss them on one of my +10's for arena scoring I guess. Also don't need or care about F!Dream Corrin so GG.
  • Between Tiki, Mikoto and Hardin for a Brazen skills banner, B!Hector renders Hardin obsolete and I doubt F!Tiki would appear on another banner already. If she did I'd love her, but not if she's sharing a color with Mikoto, pass.
  • Winters Envoy is outdated. W!Tharja would be new but it would be my first copy so still no CC fodder. I'll probably pull red for my free pull but otherwise pass.
  • Gift's of Winter actually has some really nice stuff, I'd love Fae or Ephraim and I don't actually have W!Eirika so... that would be a want. It'll suck passing her up but I'm gonna go ahead and pass still.
  • New and Special Hero banners are a pass as well pretty much no matter what. They threw Edward on the banner, that's pretty much the only way to get me to pull. Not even Hector will entice me this time.
  • Don't know who'll be on the Tempest or VG Banners but it's likely a skip.
  • Already decided to skip the legendary. One full pull there probably though.
  • New Years banner... I think I wanted Hone ATK 4 since I already pulled a Hrid once before. Probably just one full pull there.
  • I... would like Idunn... actually. But I know she's not necessary, unfortunate pass.

So... a bit of temptation spread throughout the month but I think as time passes it'll get easier to save over time. No Forging Bonds to entice me into spending constantly is a nice bonus too.

As for the events GC is GC, Tempest will hopefully bring a nice new seal and unit. It's always great to get a nice big orb replenishment. Same for the BHBs. Rokkr Seiges is a bit of a chore honestly when going for the score but hopefully the enemies will be painless like last time. LHB actually seems like fun without the stress of trying to do a clear for every one. Last but certainly not least (just the opposite) Hall of Forms is by far the most exciting thing coming. I can't wait not only to see how they may have tweaked the mode but the units that we'll be given this time. We should really get one of these every month honestly.

All in all, looks to be a good month. Quite a few banners, but orbs are aplenty as well so everyone should get something nice somewhere down the road. It's Christmas anyways so that's the way it should be.

List of Banners for this month:

Dec 14th - Tempest Trials+
Dec 15th - Weekly Banner 8 (Katarina, Minerva and Genny)
Dec 16th - Special Heroes (Winter Seasonal Banner)
Dec 21st - Heroes with Rally Skills
Dec 22nd - Weekly Banner 9 (Alm, Delthea, Faye)
Dec 24th - Winter's Envoy
Dec 24th - Gifts of Winter
Dec 25th - Legendary Hero
Dec 27th - Voting Gauntlet
Dec 29th - Weekly Banner 10 (Ayra, Olwen, Amelia)
Dec 31st - Tempest Trials+
Jan 1st - Happy New Year!
Jan 1st - New Year's of Fire and Ice
Jan 1st - Special Heroes (New Year Seasonal Banner)
Jan 2nd - Heroes with Brazen Skills
Jan 4th - Bound Hero Battle (Fae, Idunn, ???)
Jan 5th - Weekly Banner 11 (Brave Roy, Ninian, Brave Lyn)
Jan 9th - New Heroes

18 Free Summons (19 if the Voting Gauntlet is 2 banners).

Most of them I can easily jsut free summon. The only ones that can trick me to summon are the new seasonal banners, the Legendary Hero banner, and the New Heroes banner next month.

5 hours ago, Humanoid said:

I'll ignore the daily Arena quest because doing Arena daily instead of weekly is a net loss of just 600 feathers.

Arena quests are pretty easy though. Once you finish your weekly run, you just need to win with a single surviving unit.