New event calendar (December 2019-January 2020)

DarkAlf

2 hours ago, SockPuppet said:

I wonder if we’ll get a hot spring banner next month. When did we get it last year, anyone remember?

Hot Springs banner was on January 23, around the time voting for CYL was going on. Honestly, if we get another Hot Spring seasonal in January I'm kind of expecting it to be based on the sauna from Three Houses this time around.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

32 minutes ago, Ottservia said:

If I recall it was either around the 10th or the 20th. 

27 minutes ago, NSSKG151 said:

Hot Springs banner was on January 23, around the time voting for CYL was going on. Honestly, if we get another Hot Spring seasonal in January I'm kind of expecting it to be based on the sauna from Three Houses this time around.

Thank you both!

It’s funny you mention TH! I actually made a prediction a few months ago that the first TH seasonals would be sauna/hot spring themed. Glad to see I’m not the only one thinking that!

3 hours ago, Gregster101 said:

I kind of doubt they'll give us a Church themed banner before they give us banners themed after each of the three main houses.

I know it's wishful thinking, but I would love at least a banner with Catherine. Plus, I'm not sure if they would do a "house" themed banner. So far every 3H banner had been a mix...so who knows.

3 hours ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Until now, we only have 2 Relics: Byleth's Sword of the Creator, and Hilda's Freikugel. It's safe to guess that Catherine's Thunderbrand will be a Brave Sword.

Hey, I'll take a Brave Sword with maybe some added effect to it. I was just saying that in 3H her weapon is the first Relic we can use, so I think thats important. But it is strange that they didn't give timeskip Hilda her Axe...hmmm.

3 hours ago, daisy jane said:

they could do

Catherine
Seteth 
Flayn
Ashe?

2 hours ago, Othin said:

That's just one student, not one from each house. I'm thinking something like Sylvain/Bernadetta/Lysithea/Seteth/Catherine.

Honestly would be down for any banner with Catherine, but I would also love to try to get Seteth, Flayn or anything other church member, as long as I get a few Catherines first haha.

9 hours ago, NSSKG151 said:

Considering how badly received the first hot spring banner was, I don't see them doing another one. Which I hope is the case, I preferred January having two New Heroes banners instead of just one New Heroes banner with a shoehorned seasonal

12 minutes ago, Gregster101 said:

Considering how badly received the first hot spring banner was, I don't see them doing another one. Which I hope is the case, I preferred January having two New Heroes banners instead of just one New Heroes banner with a shoehorned seasonal

It depends on how much they attribute the complaints to the character choices. 

I'd like to go back to having a New Heroes banner in that slot, but I think it could go either way. We should find out with the next calendar in about two weeks. 

3 hours ago, Gregster101 said:

I would prefer New Heroes banners over a Hot Spring seasonal as well but I just wouldn't be surprised if they tried again with characters that would be better received (Three Houses characters in more modest clothing compared to Fates royals wearing nothing but bath towels).

I feel like the hot springs banner was just an excuse to give more alts to the fates royals(Camilla specifically) cause context wise Hoshido is the country that works the best with it. I mean Sakura’s seiyuu was leaving to study abroad while Camilla’s was going on Maternity leave so they’d want to cash in on those alts as much as they could before that happened.

Hot springs and picnic returning next year would probably make me rage a little. Admittedly picnic isn't really /bad/ in general (that said, hot springs is just bad in both the concept and the characters picked last year), but I'm more salty about losing a New Heroes banner than anything else. If they wanted to replace a summer banner next year to make two spring banners, the usual and picnic, or something similar to that then I wouldn't be too opposed to them coming back? But I'm not okay with them entirely replacing a New Heroes banner without giving up any seasonal banners to fit them back in.

19 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Hot springs and picnic returning next year would probably make me rage a little. Admittedly picnic isn't really /bad/ in general (that said, hot springs is just bad in both the concept and the characters picked last year), but I'm more salty about losing a New Heroes banner than anything else. If they wanted to replace a summer banner next year to make two spring banners, the usual and picnic, or something similar to that then I wouldn't be too opposed to them coming back? But I'm not okay with them entirely replacing a New Heroes banner without giving up any seasonal banners to fit them back in.

The raw number of New Heroes banners went down in 2019, but the number of units associated with them actually went up. Ignoring the book launch OCs (Eir and Peony), 2018 had 16 New Heroes banners with 71 total associated units while 2019 dropped to 14 New Heroes banners but had 75 associated units - on top the 2019 banners having fewer alts and fewer OCs. (If we ignore alt and OC banners, 2019 actually had more banners about new characters from past games: 12 rather than 11.)

20 minutes ago, Othin said:

The raw number of New Heroes banners went down in 2019, but the number of units associated with them actually went up. Ignoring the book launch OCs (Eir and Peony), 2018 had 16 New Heroes banners with 71 total associated units while 2019 dropped to 14 New Heroes banners but had 75 associated units - on top the 2019 banners having fewer alts and fewer OCs. (If we ignore alt and OC banners, 2019 actually had more banners about new characters from past games: 12 rather than 11.)

That still doesn't change the fact that we were pretty much robbed of two potential New Heroes banners for a Hot Spring seasonal and a Picnic seasonal, which I'm still salty over

11 minutes ago, Gregster101 said:

That still doesn't change the fact that we were pretty much robbed of two potential New Heroes banners for a Hot Spring seasonal and a Picnic seasonal, which I'm still salty over

You could call it being robbed, you could also call it a trade for Adrift and a bunch of marquee alts. All a question of framing.