Jump to content
SatsumaFSoysoy

Grand Hero Battle: Kempf

Recommended Posts

Unfortunately, he doesn't just run away after getting hit like in Thracia.

Map

Hard & Lunatic

Spoiler

ISl09IG.jpg

Infernal

Spoiler

BmHnBfI.jpg

 

Infernal Enemy Stats

Kempf

Spoiler

HP: 67
Atk: 49
Spd: 36
Def: 33
Res: 34

Weapon: Venin Sword
Assist: 
Special: Aegis (charged)

A: Fortress Res 3
B: Poison Strike 3
C : Savage Blow 3
S: 

Lancer

Spoiler

HP: 61
Atk: 48
Spd: 34
Def: 33
Res: 24

Weapon: Barrier Lance+
Assist: 
Special: Sacred Cowl

A: Distant Def 3
B: Atk/Spd Ruse 3
C : Infantry Pulse 3
S: 

Axe Armor

Spoiler

HP: 76
Atk: 57
Spd: 17
Def: 44
Res: 21

Weapon: Silver Axe+
Assist: Rally Up Atk+
Special: Pavise

A: Atk/Def Push 3
B: Def Feint 3
C : Distant Guard 3
S: 

Green Mage

Spoiler

HP: 52
Atk: 47
Spd: 35
Def: 22
Res: 31

Weapon: Rexcalibur+
Assist: 
Special: Moonbow

A: Swift Sparrow 2
B: Poison Strike 3
C : Odd Atk Wave 3
S: 

Red Archer

Spoiler

HP: 59
Atk: 46
Spd: 32
Def: 32
Res: 17

Weapon: Firesweep Bow+
Assist: 
Special: Draconic Aura

A: Atk/Spd Push 3
B: Bowbreaker 3
C : Savage Blow 3
S: 

 

Reinforcements

 

Spoiler

HP: 
Atk: 
Spd: 
Def: 
Res: 

Weapon: 
Assist: 
Special: 

A: 
B: 
C
S: 

 

Edited by SatsumaFSoysoy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mr. 90s Anime Villain went down pretty easily to the usual squad. It took a few tries due to not knowing the reinforcements, but all in all not a hard GHB. I'm impressed by the Venin Edge-Savage Blow combo though. It did about as much damage as the rest of the enemies put together, which should also show how wimpy most of Kempf's troops were in the face of L!Ike and Julia.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It wasn't an easy GHB for me, because all my teams had some counters. Yet Reinhardt and Mareeta + 2 dancers managed to clear it easily afterwards x)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Another boring battle. The Bold Fighter armor was a bit of a pain but nothing NFU couldn't take care of. I've been merging F!Delthea (she's at +8 right now) so I might try to see if she can pull of the triple dancer solo strat.

I'm not a fan of Kempf and he has nothing to offer skillwise so he's going stay as a book forever after his re-run is done.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I fell right into Kempf's trap.

In America

Hard cleared with low HM units, Lunatic cleared with M!Robin, Azura, Sonya and Eyvel after getting stuck quite a bit, Infernal still traps me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Landmaster

Good girl Sakura supporting her friend!  I'm using to seeing Zeo's Serra rock the double Brazen build, but Elise just brings it to new levels of silliness.  If I see another person doing it I may just have to have Nanna join the party.

Been looking forward to this GHB, and was happy we got reinforcements to make it a little more interesting.

I only realized after I was prepping to record that I forgo buffs entirely.  I guess even with reinforcements this wasn't too bad.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Landmaster

Holy guaca-freakin’-mole double Brazen Elise hits like a truck. Nice work!

Not really specific to your clear, but I was surprised that there were no cavalry reinforcements from behind. I thought that’s what the trench tiles down there would be for (to add pressure, but not an overwhelming amount).

~

I haven’t had the occasion to use Lucina in a while. I also needed to reduce Peri’s HP because I haven’t used Dimitri enough to get him WoM 3. Poor guy.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Landmaster Best friend Sakura as the guest this time, huh? Though she didn't get to do much.

@DLNarshen I feel like Julius would actually try to push Kempf over Reinhardt just to screw the latter over, but then again, Kempf might be too incompetent for his tastes. Interesting that the green cav just went for Julius near the end... I guess Julia would have done massive damage.

@LordFrigid Lucina is good civilization... But she didn't even get to fight! Poor girl.

@mcsilas @Zeo Decided to actually record this time because I realized I could show off Eirika's new kit, and throw in more Hilda too, which I've been meaning to do. Stealing your gimmick, @Alexmender

 

Edited by SatsumaFSoysoy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/11/2019 at 6:48 PM, DLNarshen said:

@Landmaster

Good girl Sakura supporting her friend!  I'm using to seeing Zeo's Serra rock the double Brazen build, but Elise just brings it to new levels of silliness.  If I see another person doing it I may just have to have Nanna join the party.

Been looking forward to this GHB, and was happy we got reinforcements to make it a little more interesting.

I only realized after I was prepping to record that I forgo buffs entirely.  I guess even with reinforcements this wasn't too bad.

Olwen and Reinhardt chilling in the back, I love it~  Julia and Julius were certainly able to handle the foes on their own, even with no buffs~ Julia nuking that Red Bow as effortlessly as she did was awesome~ Kempf could have bonded with Julius over their mutual love of Reinhardt but Julius proved who was the biggest fan today~

On 12/11/2019 at 11:20 PM, LordFrigid said:

@Landmaster

Holy guaca-freakin’-mole double Brazen Elise hits like a truck. Nice work!

Not really specific to your clear, but I was surprised that there were no cavalry reinforcements from behind. I thought that’s what the trench tiles down there would be for (to add pressure, but not an overwhelming amount).

~

I haven’t had the occasion to use Lucina in a while. I also needed to reduce Peri’s HP because I haven’t used Dimitri enough to get him WoM 3. Poor guy.

 

WOM 1 Dimitri, new meta~ I loved Lucina just swapping people around for those assists, really nice one with the positioning here!

On 12/12/2019 at 3:35 AM, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

@Landmaster Best friend Sakura as the guest this time, huh? Though she didn't get to do much.

 

New bunch of ladies today~ Eirika had a pretty close call but she’s showing her capabilities off well. Hilda’s just a monster as always. Even backed into a corner and on some low health bars, the girls managed to pull through~ Nice work!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@SatsumaFSoysoy Ask and ye shall receive.  The green mage at the end went for Julia - and killed her - in my first attempt.  I had to switch to Atk Smoke on Julius to debuff him enough so he does 0 damage to both.

That's one impressive Eirika!  With Null C-Disrupt she sweeps this map so easily, I can see why Alexmender didn't bother recording a clear.  x)  Best part was when Kempf applied the Flash effect, but she totally ignores it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So, you know how this map's kind of a pain in the hole?

Sothis still wrecks it with Bonus Doubler. Legiwood, Danckut and Genny were all there too, Genny even killed a few things.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Landmaster Wow, that damage potential from healer Elise! Love the exact kill in the end, too! 

@DLNarshen Putting the Dire siblings in the map gave me a chuckle. I love how the duo didn't care too much about the Venin Edge stuff because Julia ran Fury anyway and Julius has Mystic Boost. Julius just laughed off the damage in the map with Loptuous + Atk Smoke. Also wow at Julia's 102 damage!

Also double Brazen Nanna caught me off-guard in AR back in the day. It's pretty legit.

@SatsumaFSoysoy Weell that's one way to shrug off Candelight effects. Peony's movement buffs come in really handy for tight maps like this. Also Eir's JP voice is so serene, I love it.

@Zeo @mampfoid @Alexmender @daisy jane @Ginko

This map annoyed me since I do mostly enemy-phase stuff. This first clear took me a while to do, I really wanted to do a Poison Emblem clear with units like Picnic Felicia (her cooking) or Halloween Dorcas (no normal Dorcas and candy = sugar = poison in a way?) but I couldn't make it work. Then I realised I needed to be more offensive, biting the bullet as I brought a dancer to the team.

 

Team is neutral Kempf, neutral Kronya, +Def/-HP Jaffar and +Spd +1 Performing Azura

Music is Fanatic Waltz from the King of Fighters 1998

-Chip damage ahoy! Kronya because Athame has peculiar properties that makes wounds not heal. Kempf because of Venin Edge. Jaffar for similar chip damage and PA!Azura because uhh...I needed a dancer to make this work. Well I guess she makes Garon groan in discomfort so it's uhh...spiritual poison to the Nohr king?

(Believe me I tried and wanted to make it work it with Picnic Felicia/Halloween Dorcas for poison memes\ but armour movement is bad for this map).

-Kronya and Kempf make a perfect pair, Kempf's weapon makes it easier for Athame's Vantage effect to activate. Kempf copied Kronya's schtick, using Vantage to strike weakened enemies before they can reach him (with some clutch Moonbow activations). This maybe a cheap Kronya build, but Desperation and Vantage is fun to use. Brazen Atk/Def was needed so that the Shining Bow would target Jaffar instead and to also survive the last battle. Fury 1 was used instead of Fury 3 since any more los in health meant the Shining Bow archer can KO her.

Also "Witness my strategy" says Kempf as he uses Pivot to run away from the enemy's range... The trench and tight space is really annoying but at least it makes splash damage strategies quite effective.

-Jaffar is quite weak but the the chip damage is so fun to see with dancer support. He needed Poison Strike to whittle down the blue armour faster so Kronya can defeat it faster.

-Speaking of dancers, Axura needed to keep the green mage busy for a turn since it's easy to get trapped by ranged cav range in that column.

---

Now for a more traditional clear, here is a Thracia clear with the new Osian debut!

Team is +Res/-Spd Osian, +Atk/-HP Nanna, neutral Saias and +Spd/-Res Soiree Reinhardt

Music is Leif Army - In Search of the Victory Base from Fire Emblem: Thracia 776

- So the map layout huh? You think Kempf has trapped my team? No the enemies are fell into Saias's trap- it's perfect for Ploy tactics! He needed to Swordbreaker to quickly deal with Kempf. Draw Back tactics helped keep the team safe when needed.

- Osian is pretty fun to use. His Spd bane was showing though against the green cav mage, so he needed Drive Spd support from Saias to double the mage. Steady Stance also kept him safe from an ongoing onslaught from melee units and archers.

-Nanna's Pain really helped softened up the enemies. Wrathful refine was needed to quickly deal with the red archer. Restore was also perfect to deal with the Gravity staff user and keep Osian moving.

-Reinhardt was a Guidance bot in addition to having dancing duties. He was respectful enough to let the other Thracia units shine.

Edited by mcsilas

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I beat it with horse emblem

The ol faithful: Fury QR Xander, Fury Vantage Camus, Lancebreaker Reinhark and Brave Lyn

Reinhark being +Atk might have mattered but I'm pretty sure you can just do atk 3 seal

On 12/11/2019 at 11:20 PM, LordFrigid said:

Not really specific to your clear, but I was surprised that there were no cavalry reinforcements from behind. I thought that’s what the trench tiles down there would be for (to add pressure, but not an overwhelming amount).

They did it because they thought they could stop the horse emblem

LITTLE DID THEY KNOW

Edited by Arcanite

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/19/2019 at 7:47 AM, mcsilas said:

Also "Witness my strategy" says Kempf as he uses Pivot to run away from the enemy's range...

Hey, running away is a legit strategy!  Don't sweat feeling like you had to break the theme a little to include a dancer - the number is candidates is very limited, and it's hard enough to beat some of these with a team of +0s with little investment.  The result is still a very satisfying display of splash damage!  Hell, you barely had to engage Kempf at all with all the outside damage he took. 

Quote

Now for a more traditional clear, here is a Thracia clear with the new Osian debut!

Geez, there's almost as much splash damage here as in the poison clear!  Good for Nanna.  I love how Osian plays very similarly to how he did in Thracia itself, proccing his special after each of the enemy's attacks.  Even though he couldn't quite get the kill, his engagement with the blue armor was super satisfying!  Not only is Reinhardt a better combatant, but probably has better dance moves as well...how frustrating for Kempf. x)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@DLNarshen Reinhardt himself wished to die, clearly.

@mcsilas Ayy Kronya. I like the minimal SI you challenge yourself with. The Thracia clear was also rather unique in being more passive, even though the map mostly tries to force aggressive options from the player sometimes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/19/2019 at 7:47 AM, mcsilas said:

 

This map annoyed me since I do mostly enemy-phase stuff. This first clear took me a while to do, I really wanted to do a Poison Emblem clear with units like Picnic Felicia (her cooking) or Halloween Dorcas (no normal Dorcas and candy = sugar = poison in a way?) but I couldn't make it work. Then I realised I needed to be more offensive, biting the bullet as I brought a dancer to the team.

 

Team is neutral Kempf, neutral Kronya, +Def/-HP Jaffar and +Spd +1 Performing Azura

Music is Fanatic Waltz from the King of Fighters 1998

-Chip damage ahoy! Kronya because Athame has peculiar properties that makes wounds not heal. Kempf because of Venin Edge. Jaffar for similar chip damage and PA!Azura because uhh...I needed a dancer to make this work. Well I guess she makes Garon groan in discomfort so it's uhh...spiritual poison to the Nohr king?

(Believe me I tried and wanted to make it work it with Picnic Felicia/Halloween Dorcas for poison memes\ but armour movement is bad for this map).

-Kronya and Kempf make a perfect pair, Kempf's weapon makes it easier for Athame's Vantage effect to activate. Kempf copied Kronya's schtick, using Vantage to strike weakened enemies before they can reach him (with some clutch Moonbow activations). This maybe a cheap Kronya build, but Desperation and Vantage is fun to use. Brazen Atk/Def was needed so that the Shining Bow would target Jaffar instead and to also survive the last battle. Fury 1 was used instead of Fury 3 since any more los in health meant the Shining Bow archer can KO her.

Also "Witness my strategy" says Kempf as he uses Pivot to run away from the enemy's range... The trench and tight space is really annoying but at least it makes splash damage strategies quite effective.

-Jaffar is quite weak but the the chip damage is so fun to see with dancer support. He needed Poison Strike to whittle down the blue armour faster so Kronya can defeat it faster.

-Speaking of dancers, Axura needed to keep the green mage busy for a turn since it's easy to get trapped by ranged cav range in that column.

---

Now for a more traditional clear, here is a Thracia clear with the new Osian debut!

Team is +Res/-Spd Osian, +Atk/-HP Nanna, neutral Saias and +Spd/-Res Soiree Reinhardt

Music is Leif Army - In Search of the Victory Base from Fire Emblem: Thracia 776

- So the map layout huh? You think Kempf has trapped my team? No the enemies are fell into Saias's trap- it's perfect for Ploy tactics! He needed to Swordbreaker to quickly deal with Kempf. Draw Back tactics helped keep the team safe when needed.

- Osian is pretty fun to use. His Spd bane was showing though against the green cav mage, so he needed Drive Spd support from Saias to double the mage. Steady Stance also kept him safe from an ongoing onslaught from melee units and archers.

-Nanna's Pain really helped softened up the enemies. Wrathful refine was needed to quickly deal with the red archer. Restore was also perfect to deal with the Gravity staff user and keep Osian moving.

-Reinhardt was a Guidance bot in addition to having dancing duties. He was respectful enough to let the other Thracia units shine.

Lu Bu would be proud of all the Poison Savage spamming at play here. That seemed like a lot of torture against the opponents~ Kempf really impressed, though, he really can do the Savage Vantage well~

 

More Pain! Osian seems cool~ I actually forgot about his conditional DC. That makes him much more useful here, and those constant Noontimes. Well he was right, there was plenty more in store for the rest of the map. YAY Saias got to fight, he must have gotten tired of being Draw Back boy~ Really nice showcase of Osian!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pulling for Annette was the right move. 4 tile movement is fun. 

Spoiler

 

 

Was a little worried about the reinforcements but Nino and the twins pulled through

Spoiler

 

 

Edited by Flying Shogi

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Flying Shogi said:

Pulling for Annette was the right move. 4 tile movement is fun. 

  Hide contents

 

 

Was a little worried about the reinforcements but Nino and the twins pulled through

  Hide contents

 

 

That was quite efficient with Brave Roy and Cordelia. This map was always a pain. I found it to be almost as hard as Fallen Takumi's.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, GuiltyLove said:

That was quite efficient with Brave Roy and Cordelia. This map was always a pain. I found it to be almost as hard as Fallen Takumi's.

Yeah, this map doesn't give you much room to work as you're sandwiched between the walls and the ranged reinforcements piling in.

I personally found Takumi's map to be more difficult with the Dazzling Staff clerics and the negative effects from Takumi's bow.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I expected this to go a lot worse.

Askrtrio cleared with Norne, 4* Kempf cleared with Reinhardt, Gronnwen and BowLeif and fliers cleared with Aversa, Altena, Bunnir and Fjoride.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...