If weapon swap was a thing, who would have what

If Fire Emblem Warriors had alternate weapon swaps, who would have what secondary weapon types? 

My list:

Rowan - Axe 

Lianna - Lance 

Chrom - Lance

Lucina - Bow 

Ryoma - Lance

Owain - Tome 

Takumi - Sword 

Sakura - Tome 

Niles - Lance

Anna - Axe

Cordelia - Tome

Hinoka - Bow

Caeda - Sword

Robin - Sword

Tharja - Axe

Leo - Axe

Elise - Sword

Camilla - Tome

Minerva - Lance

Marth - Lance

Celica - Tome

Navarre - Axe

Lyn - Bow

Tiki - None

Linde - Sword (Honestly not sure about this one at all)

Corrin - Stone

Azura - Axe

Xander - Axe

Frederick - Lance

Oboro - Axe

Olivia - Lance

Maybe instead of giving every character a new weapon, some could simply change their fighting style with the weapon type they have.

For example, Linde could switch her fighting style to Robin's.

Certainly, some characters should have weapon swaps but overall, I think that those that don't should have a nice gimmick to mix things up for them a little.

48 minutes ago, Light Strategist said:

Maybe instead of giving every character a new weapon, some could simply change their fighting style with the weapon type they have.

For example, Linde could switch her fighting style to Robin's.

Certainly, some characters should have weapon swaps but overall, I think that those that don't should have a nice gimmick to mix things up for them a little.

For the most part, I was thinking in terms of existing movesets that characters would swap between. With, for example, Owain using Robin's moveset, Ryoma using Oboro's, Lianna and Olivia using Azura's, etc.

There were some exceptions for movesets that simply don't exist yet. Such as Hinoka and the bow. In these situations, we would get a new moveset. If this were done with a FEW2 in mind, they would share said new moveset with another new character. In this example, Hinoka would be taking Claude's moveset.

In terms of changing movesets while keeping the same weapon type, that would certainly be helpful in a few cases, like Tiki who simply couldn't conceivably use another weapon. In other cases, it might be immersion breaking (ie: where did Chrom learn Hoshidan swordsmanship?).

Edited by Etheus

7 minutes ago, Etheus said:

For the most part, I was thinking in terms of existing movesets that characters would swap between. With, for example, Owain using Robin's moveset, Ryoma using Oboro's, Lianna and Olivia using Azura's, etc.

There were some exceptions for movesets that simply don't exist yet. Such as Hinoka and the bow. In these situations, we would get a new moveset. If this were done with a FEW2 in mind, they would share said new moveset with another new character. In this example, Hinoka would be taking Claude's moveset.

In terms of changing movesets while keeping the same weapon type, that would certainly be helpful in a few cases, like Tiki who simply couldn't conceivably use another weapon. In other cases, it might be immersion breaking (ie: where did Chrom learn Hoshidan swordsmanship?).

I'm not saying to take every character and keep them with the same weapon type but change the moveset. I'm saying that for characters that logically don't have a simple idea of what to switch to, such as Linde,  it'd be better to switch them to a pre-existing fighting style that's different from their default.

Chrom fits with the Lance for example. I actually think Navarre could benefit from the style change however as it fits more with his devotion to the blade.

Combining the concepts leaves more to play around with. That's what I'm saying. 😃

15 minutes ago, Light Strategist said:

I'm not saying to take every character and keep them with the same weapon type but change the moveset. I'm saying that for characters that logically don't have a simple idea of what to switch to, such as Linde,  it'd be better to switch them to a pre-existing fighting style that's different from their default.

Chrom fits with the Lance for example. I actually think Navarre could benefit from the style change however as it fits more with his devotion to the blade.

Combining the concepts leaves more to play around with. That's what I'm saying. 😃

Interesting perspective.

With Navarre, his base moveset captures his trademark anime speed perfectly, and I can't help but wonder which backup style would best suit him. Perhaps Ryoma's would be a good fit (and it would also help with Navarre's frankly awful dueling). 

4 minutes ago, Etheus said:

Interesting perspective.

With Navarre, his base moveset captures his trademark anime speed perfectly, and I can't help but wonder which backup style would best suit him. Perhaps Ryoma's would be a good fit (and it would also help with Navarre's frankly awful dueling). 

That's the one I was thinking. I don't think Marth's or Chrom's would fit his style very much and it's clear that the Twins style is made to seperate them from other characters (not that Navarre would have a shield for the gimmicky attacks it's used in) it helps narrow it down, frankly.

I'd think Oboro would switch to bow, not only to emulate Takumi but also because her alternate class is apothecary which is a bow-wielding class.

Niles would probably wield magic for similar reasons (his alternate class is dark mage, and his magic stat actually isn't terrible), Tiki could use magic or axes to call back to her Awakening class sets, Leo would most likely wield swords to fully represent the dark knight class, Elise could wield axes to reference her alternate class, Tharja could wield either lances or bows, Anna could wield swords (though her using axes is a nice callout to her Heroes incarnation), and everyone else seems as fine as they'll get (the best I can think of is a bow may be a better fit for Azura because it's the only other weapon she uses in any of the classes available to her through heart-sealing, but that's really stretching).

On 12/12/2019 at 12:44 AM, Etheus said:

If Fire Emblem Warriors had alternate weapon swaps, who would have what secondary weapon types? 

My list:

Rowan - Axe 

Lianna - Lance 

Chrom - Lance

Lucina - Bow 

Ryoma - Lance

Owain - Tome 

Takumi - Sword 

Sakura - Tome 

Niles - Lance

Anna - Axe

Cordelia - Tome

Hinoka - Bow

Caeda - Sword

Robin - Sword

Tharja - Axe

Leo - Axe

Elise - Sword

Camilla - Tome

Minerva - Lance

Marth - Lance

Celica - Tome

Navarre - Axe

Lyn - Bow

Tiki - None

Linde - Sword (Honestly not sure about this one at all)

Corrin - Stone

Azura - Axe

Xander - Axe

Frederick - Lance

Oboro - Axe

Olivia - Lance

Not fair that Tiki gets nothing. Naga Tome please. Either that or a combination of all the nonDivine dragon stones she can use in Mystery of the Emblem.

Edited by Jotari

Secondary classes is my biggest hope for FEW2.

Using purely the FEW1 cast and movesets (Defined here as Lord, Lodestar, Mercenary, Samurai, Myrmidon, Nohr Princess, Dancer, Cavalier, Soldier, Songstress, Pegasus Knight, War Cleric, Great Knight, Wyvern Rider, Archer, Mage, Light Mage, Dark Knight, and Manakete)

• Rowan: Lord -> Wyvern Rider
  • Lianna: Lord - > Dark Knight
  • Anna: Archer -> Myrmidon
  • Marth: Lodestar -> Great Knight
  • Caeda: Pegasus Knight -> Mercenary
  • Tiki: Manakete -> Mage
  • Navarre: Myrmidon -> Archer
  • Minerva: Wyvern Rider -> Cavalier
  • Linde: Light Mage -> Pegasus Knight
  • Chrom: Mercenary -> Soldier
  • Robin: Mage -> Samurai
  • Lissa: War Cleric -> Mage
  • Frederick: Great Knight -> Cavalier
  • Cordelia: Pegasus Knight -> Mage
  • Lucina: Mercenary -> Soldier
  • Owain: Samurai -> Mage
  • Tharja: Mage -> Soldier
  • Olivia: Dancer -> Pegasus Knight
  • Corrin: Nohr Princess -> Light Mage (As funny as it'd be to see Corrin using Tiki's Manakete moveset, it'd be too awkward)
  • Ryoma: Samurai -> Pegasus Knight
  • Hinoka: Pegasus Knight -> Archer
  • Takumi: Archer -> Samurai
  • Sakura: Archer -> Light Mage
  • Xander: Cavalier -> Wyvern Rider
  • Camilla: Wyvern Rider -> Mage
  • Leo: Dark Knight -> Cavalier
  • Elise: Dark Knight -> Wyvern Rider
  • Azura: Songstress -> Dancer
  • Oboro: Soldier -> Archer
  • Niles: Archer -> Mage
  • Celica: Lodestar -> Light Mage
  • Lyn: Myrmidon -> Archer

I've got a more robust list with more classes, but this'll do for here.

Edited by Anomalocaris