Christmas Silhouttes

Landmaster

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, Humanoid said:

After a long streak of boring oversaturated classes on regular banners, a seasonal banner is welcome ...but only if they're not all armours like previous winter banners.

dont worry this time instead of Armours they all will be Duo-Heroes!

1. heals all allies within two spaces up for 20 HP
2. gives all allies wings of mercy and escape route within 2 spaces
3. reduces the special cooldown by 1 within 2 spaces for all allies
4. gives everyone effectiv against armor and cavalry to allies within 2 spaces.

6 hours ago, Anacybele said:

I...I just found this.

I can totally see it now! I was looking at the right silhouette differently. But this comparison gave me a different view! OH MAN I WILL GO CRAZY IF IT IS THESE TWO.

I kinda see their hairs... but the wrist thingy in the character on the left has no connection to Claude, since that is from the Male Dancer Class and not from Claude.

I am not saying that the left one is not Claude... it's just that that accessory is not related to Claude

2 hours ago, Diovani Bressan said:

I kinda see their hairs... but the wrist thingy in the character on the left has no connection to Claude, since that is from the Male Dancer Class and not from Claude.

I am not saying that the left one is not Claude... it's just that that accessory is not related to Claude

I was thinking they were just pointing out the general size of his arm as well, not just the accessory. If they were talking about the accessory. I dunno for sure, really.

I don't know why anyone is thinking the left is Yarne. Yeah, the ribbon or whatever it is looks similar to bunny ears, but the hair is definitely not Yarne's and those "ears" don't look enough like his anyway.

Edited by Anacybele

We've gotten 72 units over the past 6 months and only 6 of them have been armors. (Nagi, Halloween Hector/Ilyana/Dozla, Forsyth, Valbar.) I think it's a plenty reasonable time to continue the once-per-year all-armor Christmas banner. There's no need for a huge fuss every time we get any number of the rarest movement type.

3 minutes ago, Othin said:

We've gotten 72 units over the past 6 months and only 6 of them have been armors. (Nagi, Halloween Hector/Ilyana/Dozla, Forsyth, Valbar.) I think it's a plenty reasonable time to continue the once-per-year all-armor Christmas banner. There's no need for a huge fuss every time we get any number of the rarest movement type.

Yeah, but there are still a ton of seasonal armors already, especially for certain holidays/seasons. I would just like more variety there. And also, I'm not a fan of armors.

Edited by Anacybele

4 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I was thinking they were just pointing out the general size of his arm as well, not just the accessory. If they were talking about the accessory. I dunno for sure, really.

I believe the tweet was comparing the accessory, because even the arm size doesn't make much sense for comparison, since there is a lot of body models sharing in 3H. Claude, for example, shares the body model with characters like Byleth, Ferdinand and Felix, especially in the Classes body models. Annete shares it with Bernie, while Hilda shares it with Dorothea (with just the height being different)

12 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I don't know why anyone is thinking the left is Yarne. Yeah, the ribbon or whatever it is looks similar to bunny ears, but the hair is definitely not Yarne's and those "ears" don't look enough like his anyway.

Yeah... For me, the "ears" are totally fake, being part of the costume and not part of the caracter itself.

Just now, Diovani Bressan said:

I believe the tweet was comparing the accessory, because even the arm size doesn't make much sense for comparison, since there is a lot of body models sharing in 3H. Claude, for example, shares the body model with characters like Byleth, Ferdinand and Felix, especially in the Classes body models. Annete shares it with Bernie, while Hilda shares it with Dorothea (with just the height being different)

True. I guess they were just pointing out that there's a model with a similar arm and accessory on top of the hair possibly being Claude's.

@Othin Even acknowledging the relative rarity of armoured units, throwing 40% of the armours released over the year on a banner only available for 2-4 weeks at the tail-end of the year hardly seems a satisfactory compromise. Armour enthusiasts don't get their fundamental availability issues addressed in any meaningful way, and armour detractors are (and have been) locked out from enjoying one particular holiday summoning event completely. It's a pretty bad "solution" for both sides.

6 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

@Othin Even acknowledging the relative rarity of armoured units, throwing 40% of the armours released over the year on a banner only available for 2-4 weeks at the tail-end of the year hardly seems a satisfactory compromise. Armour enthusiasts don't get their fundamental availability issues addressed in any meaningful way, and armour detractors are (and have been) locked out from enjoying one particular holiday summoning event completely. It's a pretty bad "solution" for both sides.

It's not 40% for the year, 6 was just the past 6 months. 

That said, I can see merit in spreading them out more, as long as armor detractors are fine with that meaning moving that same number of armors to elsewhere in the year. It's the only seasonal theme that's only had one movement type so far, which is a bit odd 

2 minutes ago, Othin said:

That said, I can see merit in spreading them out more, as long as armor detractors are fine with that meaning moving that same number of armors to elsewhere in the year. It's the only seasonal theme that's only had one movement type so far, which is a bit odd 

halloween tends to get a chunk of armours too. so like. 
50/75 percent Halloween, 100 percent christmas. which - honestly i do think i'm fine with. 

New years is always fliers - which i am MORE than fine with. but then the rest of the year is a blend of all movements, which i think is good. 
(and i will say i am not the biggest fan of armours but if game put my favourite unit in an armour class, and i liked their skills enough i'd use them so it's not just Flier bias speaking here eithe - see my HMyrrh for example, and my love for Amelia). 

16 minutes ago, Othin said:

Whoops, misread the numbers. But yeah, I'd much rather see an armour added in more New Heroes banners to address the ongoing availability issue. Sadly the commercial reality is that most canonical armours are unsexy and thus end up Valbared if they get acknowledged at all. Instead we get things like double sword infantry in the current banner, which is super disappointing to me. Mind you, I can't even name a single Thracia unit that's not already in the game, let alone one who would be an armour.

The other thing I suppose is that now that Aether Raids are the premiere form of competitive content in the game instead of regular Arena, the demand for armours (or specifically, their BST) is naturally much less. Unless that changes, I expect the movement type to continue to be marginalised.

@daisy jane New Year's has had Takumi, Laevatein and Laegjarn as non-armours. Christmas is 100% even including the freebie unit.

Edited by Humanoid

8 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

see my HMyrrh for example, and my love for Amelia

:3

---

On topic, I'm also surprised we got the silhouettes a day earlier than normal, but I'm not complaining! That Sylvain/ Claude tweet made sense, which worried me a tad (I personally don't like the former very much), but I guess we'll find out tomorrow...unless that part's still on track for Saturday.

The one on the right looks like Lugh to me personally (or I guess Raigh), while the right looks like Yarne. Those ears could be part of the outfit, sure, but those look too long to be part of a  reindeer cosplay.

In any case, there aren't many characters left I'd consider pulling for if they showed up, so I hope the free unit is interesting at least. Speaking of, as @Landmaster said, one of these could easily be the freebie, so there's that to look out for as well.

Sylvain was my first thought for the right silhouette too!

And if the left were Claude, that'd make me so happy that he gets to wear deer antlers... FEAR THE DEER

As for things I think I'd debunk, the "ears" appear to continue below the head of the left silhouette, so I agree that it is probably part of a weapon/outfit or something. And this isn't really "debunking" but I think the hair of the right silhouette looks nothing like Xander's.

I'm hopeful for a FETH banner, but it could still be anything. I'm excited to see, in either case!

Sylvain is my favorite TH character with Claude close behind. And I love Sylvain just about as much as Frederick. So like I said, this banner was practically made for me if it's those two. XD

In fact, I'd really like to post the trailer this time if this does turn out to be the case, as it'd be fitting. lol Hope Coolmanio wouldn't mind.

Just now, Freohr Datia said:

Sylvain was my first thought for the right silhouette too!

And if the left were Claude, that'd make me so happy that he gets to wear deer antlers... FEAR THE DEER

YES! I even already put the antlers accessory on my normal Claude. XD

I wonder if we'll get a Duo Hero. We got ones in early October/November, but we haven't gotten one for December yet. 

Doesn't look like either silhouette is that, though. 

43 minutes ago, Othin said:

I wonder if we'll get a Duo Hero. We got ones in early October/November, but we haven't gotten one for December yet. 

Doesn't look like either silhouette is that, though. 

Micaiah and Sanaki as a Chorus Girl Duo and that would be the end of my paycheck. 

31 minutes ago, Jave said:

Micaiah and Sanaki as a Chorus Girl Duo and that would be the end of my paycheck.

D'aww!!! pulls out credit card

1 hour ago, Azuni said:

is amazing like WCecilia from last year

I recently invested some skills into mine and I have to agree, she's pretty darn amazing! I'm waiting to see who this year's freebie is first, but I'd like to merge her up too.

I wonder if the NY units will also be included in the next update like last year. I hope so!

13 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

D'aww!!! pulls out credit card

I recently invested some skills into mine and I have to agree, she's pretty darn amazing! I'm waiting to see who this year's freebie is first, but I'd like to merge her up too.

I wonder if the NY units will also be included in the next update like last year. I hope so!

NY units have historically not shown up in the update with the Christmas units, but in the one with the month's legendary banner. This year they're a bit more spaced out so who knows if that'll continue, though. 

Cecilia is one of my next merge plans. I've already merged her original, so that'll be funny.