Special Heroes - Glorious Gifts

Jave

13 minutes ago, eclipse said:

I'd go ham for Jaffar, since I never pulled him.  Somehow.

I pulled him as a pitybreaker. He was -ATK though so there was no realistic way I was ever going to use him. Just about anything I could do with him barring chip damage Matthew could do better. He's a nice collectable though. He needs to demote and his refine needs an upgrade in a major way.

Christmas Jaffar's dagger seems like it would be fun though. Jaffar himself aside I wonder who I would give it to and build. W!Cecillia and Chad are good picks... I really don't need any more daggers though lol.

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Anacybele I hate on characters all the time, particularly alts, but it is the way you say it.  Like you can simply say not a fan of these characters or whatever, but you usually go on to say something like "I don't get why anyone likes him/her, or this is a character no one cares for or is unpopular" etc.  Which then goes beyond hating on a character but actually insulting people who like said character.

IS Christmas gift special, you can choose one unit of your choice.  I'll choose MarthxElice please!  Make it happen!

Another year, another disappointing feeling that Brom was passed over again. Literally the most perfect character in all of Fire Emblem for a Santa suit.

Anyway, if they were gonna give characters from FE7 alts that didn't have alts yet...yeah Nino and Jaffar make sense. Sothis seems oddly placed here, though. I think the only one I might actually try for is the Marth/Elice duo, that at least is a highlight of the banner.

3 minutes ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

Anyway, if they were gonna give characters from FE7 alts that didn't have alts yet...yeah Nino and Jaffar make sense. Sothis seems oddly placed here, though. I think the only one I might actually try for is the Marth/Elice duo, that at least is a highlight of the banner.

*cries in PegaNino*

But if you're talking about seasonal alts, then yeah, that statement makes sense.

Christmas banner? Expected. A ton of armors? Expected. Jaffar dressed up as a reindeer? Very much not expected. I'm rolling my eyes at how ridiculous the idea is, but on the other hand it is cute to imagine Nino leading him around the festival and showing him how to enjoy himself.

FE7!Zephiel is an interesting choice, although the toy fox reminds me that Guinevere still needs to get in the game. Aureola-Guinevere when, IS? Marth and Elice do make a nice alternative Duo with how beautiful their outfits are, but now I have to wonder how often IS plans to add Duo Heroes.

I still don't plan to pull from this banner like with most seasonals, but may the holiday season's blessings bring many 5*s to the people who are pulling.

Aside from Nino all of those are quite surprising choices so that's good. I do admit I'm a little disappointed that Nino didn't get to spend Christmas with the twins but the choices are fine enough.  

I wonder if Sothis being the sole Fodlandian is an indication that IS was still unsure on what Fodlandians would be popular or not at the time they drafted the banner. 

Marth!! I'm really excited for him and I didn't expect Elice. I figured it'd be Caeda if Marth got a duo unit. I ain't complaining though, give me some wholesome family moments. 

Sothis looks amazing here and it's pretty funny that she's dressed as a tree. Some say she's an odd pick but my guesses were either Byleth or Sothis to start off our seasonal 3H units. Neutral units are a good starting point.

Nino + Jaffar is sweet and I don't care about Zephiel. I'm guessing Christmas is the armor event lol.

Not a fan of the choosen units. Sothis is the big prize for me (altought I don’t think I’ll pull on the banner), and Y!Zephiel is nice. But another Nino and another Marth...meh. Also, while a Jaffar alt can be nice, it will probably come with the ‘restore 5 HP’ weapon, which is kind of sad.

9 minutes ago, Yexin said:

also, brace yourselves for when that winter sothis is revealed to have 182 bst

That is not how BST works. A unit's BST is not some random numbers thrown together. There is a formula for it.

Unless they decide to release Gen V stats or assign trainee classification, the maximum BST units can reach right now is 181, and only A Monstrous Harvest Hector can do that with +Atk.

Zephiel's voice seems..deeper. Wasn't he around 14 years old?!

Marth&Elice is the only one that really strikes me. I'm in need of a Dual-Hero, a Colorless and Bonus Doubler. He's everything I need.

The lack of Claude is going to give me nerves someday.

Edited by BergelomeuSantos

At least Elice is finally in the game. Not as I expected her to be though. 

Spoiler

Sadly this also means no Merric and Elice on bridal/groom banner. mood...

Also Zephiel is really cool. A choice I can get behind. The rest is for me just meh. Not my cup of tea. But I have to get back to saving anyway and seasonals are just an add on for me and nothing I desire too much. Overall new hero banners are just more interesting. Seasonals really have to to have something special regarding personal favorites. 

This close to getting a seasonal Lloyd. Or a Lloyd/Linus duo. Ah well.

Zephiel is an interesting choice (love how FEH can utilise the platform to make NPCs being playable). Also @Ice Dragon finally a red sword armour with good Res?

Same interesting choice with Elice, love her star cape thing.

Huh, never noticed how Sothis's hair resembled a Christmas tree so much.

Lyn weeps as being the only blue amour mage without Bold Fighter

Nice choice of characters but nothing too needed, and having armours again gets a bit repetitive, even if I like using them

Edited by mcsilas

so Marth has 41 speed and prolly also a superboon in it

a +10 Marth might reach 51-52 spd with his prf weapon (no buffs) higher with dragonflowers

Guess we have a winner in the speed department

Luckily he ist the only armorer who can use that B skill effectivly. Well maybe  Zelgius and Amelia too but they are too slow imho, and Ephraim and Myrrh since his weapon grants im an Extra Attack allready

The age of desperation Armorers has started!!! with built in special cooldown charge!!!

Its not so bad. Armor movement sucks anyway

8 hours ago, TheNiddo said:

I see Sothis is this year's "busted OP loli/lolish armour unit christmas alt" choice. 

Might throw a few orbs at the banner, I'm 2/2 on Duo Heroes so far. 

I'm 2 for 2 for duos as well. but i have to assume that this one will be legendary banner bound so i don't mind waiting. 

I like the character choices and the look of this banner. Sothis is the one I want the most, but I think I'll be able to skip this and hope I get her when she comes back. Marth and Elice would be nice as well as my Halloween Jakob is -Atk. The temptation to summon on green and colorless is great as I want Echidna and Ross from green and Tethys, Norne, Chad and Tanya from colorless... But I'll stick to only opening all green and colorless on the first circle and then continue saving.

I like that young Zephiel is here, but I wish they didn't make him a sword unit again... and didn't give him such an unimpressive skillset as well. Why do they always feel the need to make an obvious "demote" unit on the seasonal banners when they'll be just as rare as the other units on the banner?

I don't really like Daring Fighter, as that means armors have access to mini Null Follow-Up and another skill can just ignore Breaker skills. It's probably not as good as Null Follow-Up itself as it doesn't prevent guaranteed doubles from opponents, but it's just a bit annoying having to deal with even more units nullifying the skills which have literally no other purpose besides countering them, especially not on another Bow unit.

Exited to get Jaffar for free, though based on his regular version I doubt he'll have the Atk stat to replace +Atk Halloween Kagero as my main green dagger armor. But hopefully there will be some other job he can do, I like his art.

Wow, what an awesome selection of characters! I don't think we've ever been completely wrong with our predictions before; considering the people we would up getting, it feels nice! Who would've ever thought we'd see young Zephiel? Or Elice? Or Sothis?

Nino is utterly adorable and I hate that she came out after Altina wrecked my Orb supply because I really want her :3 I wouldn't mind Sothis either, and a Duo Marth would finally let me experience the joys of a Bonus Doubler!Eirika without pulling for Legendary Eliwood...not to mention Marth comes with an Armor-exclusive powercrept Desperation.

So yeah, I'm absolutely pulling on this banner for Nino at the very least. She's just too sweet not to, especially when she's pretending to be Santa Claus! :3 I wondered if these were versions of these characters from happier timelines, but the Meet the Heroes page says otherwise, meaning Zephiel's entry is rich with dramatic irony. I'm surprised Guinivere wasn't included, but I suppose Marth being the Duo Hero makes more sense for star-power reasons. (The Sothis entry is pretty funny, for those interested.)

Unless I'm mistaken, Nino and Zephiel's weapons counteract the likes of Atk/Spd Push and other self-damaging abilities, right? Even if they don't they'd still make for some interesting tank builds I reckon (with my limited knowledge of FEH's metagame...)

Edit: No, they work like Sol. 5 HP isn't much, but since they trigger off of every attack I think they could still be pretty nice~

Here's to avoiding the -Atk/ -Spd curse for everyone who wants to pull on this banner. Good luck, y'alls!

Edited by DefyingFates

Christmas, Christmas units here, time for love and time for fear.

We get Nino first as a blue armour tome, with Tannenbit (+5 HP to each hit in combat), Rally Atk/Res+, Atk/Spd Form, Bold Fighter and Armour March (Chances are better than Lyn then). She hit enemies with a tree. Then Sothis (REALLY?) is a green manakete armour (Of course), with Snow's Grace (Nulls Dragon effectiveness, +3 Spd, adaptive damage, +5 to all stats when she has >50% HP), Sirius, DC, Special Fighter (So fast then) and Threaten Atk/Res (Finally another one).She drops snowballs.  Then there's TEEN ZEPHIEL (With a new VA maybe?) as a sword armour, wielding Bellringer (like Nino's), Glacies, Vengeful Fighter and Def/Res Gap. And finally Marth and Elice (So not Caeda (DISAPPOINTED!)). He's got Tanngrisnir (Flying effectiveness, Spd +3, if he's got a hone or increased move he gets +3 to stats and gets 2 cooldown per hit (OH FUCK)), Fire Emblem, Atk/Spd Form, Daring Fighter 3 (Nullifies Wary, if <81% he gets Desperation) and Joint Hone Spd. So they're nuts. ESPECIALLY WHEN FLIERS AND ARMOURS GET BONUS DOUBLER FROM HIS DUO SKILL. Jaffar's also shown up as a green armour. You know what, I've got a carrot for him to give FE's Rudolph the Red Nosed Pegasus, should fuck with blues.

So, I'm tempted. Marth/Elice and Nino in particular.

Edited by Dayni