Special Heroes - Glorious Gifts

Jave

Might end up making Jaffar my next grail merge project over Cecilia depending on how he turns out, he'd go well in my armor team. 

6 hours ago, Etrurian emperor said:

Oh sweet summer child. Every event is armor event. 

Don't be ridiculous. Most seasonal themes have never had a single armor unit: spring, brides, summer, dancers, NY, and onsen. Only Halloween, Christmas, Valentine's Day, and picnic have armors, and for the non-Christmas ones, it's always been a mix of armors and non-armors.

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

49 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

Unless I'm mistaken, Nino and Zephiel's weapons counteract the likes of Atk/Spd Push and other self-damaging abilities, right? Even if they don't they'd still make for some interesting tank builds I reckon (with my limited knowledge of FEH's metagame...)

Edit: No, they work like Sol. 5 HP isn't much, but since they trigger off of every attack I think they could still be pretty nice~

Yeah. Their weapon trigger after each attack, while Push skills damage the user after combat. For Push Skills, the 2017's Spring weapons are better.

I already have some of experience with these weapons thanks to Forsyth and his Sol Lance, although Forsyth's heals 10 instead of 5. From all the seasonal weapons we got this year, I will say that these ones are competing for the weaker ones.

I will not summon for Nino, but if I get her someday (maybe in a Legendary/Mythic banner) I would probably change her tome... maybe Groom Pent's Vessel of Cheers would be better for her, or even a Owl Tome, just like how I did with LA Lyn.

Edited by Diovani Bressan

10 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Yeah. Their weapon trigger after each attack, while Push skills damage the user after combat. For Push Skills, the 2017's Spring weapons are better.

I already have some of experience with these weapons thanks to Forsyth and his Sol Lance, although Forsyth's heals 10 instead of 5. From all the seasonal weapons we got this year, I will say that these ones are competing for the weaker ones.

I will not summon for Nino, but if I get her someday (maybe in a Legendary/Mythic banner) I would probably change her tome... maybe Groom Pent's Vessel of Cheers would be better for her, or even a Owl Tome, just like how I did with LA Lyn.

I have a lot of Maes, so I may do just that. It'd work fairly well with her Form Skill too! Thank you!

2 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

I have a lot of Maes, so I may do just that. It'd work fairly well with her Form Skill too! Thank you!

Since armor unit only move one space (outsine when they have armor march/armored boots), it easier to keep allies adjacent to them. Both my Winter Tharja and LA Lyn have Owl tomes.

11 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Since armor unit only move one space (outsine when they have armor march/armored boots), it easier to keep allies adjacent to them. Both my Winter Tharja and LA Lyn have Owl tomes.

Thanks again! I imagine Owl tomes are useful even with Armor March? Or are there better options if you think you can reliably have two units beside each other at all times?

Edited by DefyingFates

1 minute ago, DefyingFates said:

Thanks again! I imagine Owl tomes are useful even with Armor March? Or are there better options if you think you can reliably have two units beside each other at all times?

When I use Armor March, I want to give the effect to as many allies as possible, I try to keep the adjacent all the time. So I believe the Owl Tome will work as well.

Bond Skills also work very well with Owl Tomes, so a Atk/Res Bond seal can be good for her, for example.

Damn, Jaffar is really, really adorable. Never thought I would ever write that. Nino's okay, don't care about Sothis and Marth & Elice have awesome art as well. 

17 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

When I use Armor March, I want to give the effect to as many allies as possible, I try to keep the adjacent all the time. So I believe the Owl Tome will work as well.

I'm glad I got something right for once 😛

And Bond skills are tempting, but I prefer the flexibility of Forms. Besides, Nino seems set to be really offensive yet again, so that's something I'd like to double down on if I can~

9 hours ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

Literally the most perfect character in all of Fire Emblem for a Santa suit.

I disagree. Old Hector fits better. He's not plump, but he's got the right beard and personality. Not that Brom can't be Santa at all, I just feel Hector would've been a better choice there. He got a Halloween alt recently though, so...

10 hours ago, Lewyn said:

I hate on characters all the time, particularly alts, but it is the way you say it.  Like you can simply say not a fan of these characters or whatever, but you usually go on to say something like "I don't get why anyone likes him/her, or this is a character no one cares for or is unpopular" etc.  Which then goes beyond hating on a character but actually insulting people who like said character.

Except where did I ever say that or throw insults at people?

Edited by Anacybele

I don't know who I want to go for, but at the same time. I don't really like using armor units. Why have so many heroes in the Christmas, sorry, festive banners have to be armored? Aslo remind me, is Tharja armored, and if so two, WHY!?

49 minutes ago, TheWildestCat said:

I don't know who I want to go for, but at the same time. I don't really like using armor units. Why have so many heroes in the Christmas, sorry, festive banners have to be armored? Aslo remind me, is Tharja armored, and if so two, WHY!?

She is, and yeah, I have no idea why most of these units are armored at all. They don't wear anything that is armor or would weigh them down like armor. So why IS insists that every Christmas unit be a dumb armor, I don't know.

I'm so sick of seasonal armors. Players really need to start complaining about this in feedback.

Edited by Anacybele

7 hours ago, Yexin said:

would that really come as a surprise?

Introducing gen V stats or trainee classification on gen IV would be a surprise right now. If they implement gen V, they would be implementing three stat generations in a single year. And since gen IV was implemented, not a single trainee was introduced. The last trainee was Sothis back in gen III. (Got corrected on the trainee classification. Ewan is gen IV trainee.)

Gen III was implemented to rebalance BST and buff ranged physical classes and infantry. I guess gen IV was implemented with the new Focus format to increase the desire to summon instead of waiting for drops, but it also further refined the balancing and addressed Dancer/Singer BST, seemed to do away with trainee BST, and buffed ranged cavalry a bit more (most classes got a 5-7 BST buff from III to IV, while ranged cavalry got a 9 BST buff).

Edited by XRay

1 hour ago, Anacybele said:

Except where did I ever say that or throw insults at people?

He does not mean you are intentionally insulting people, but it is the way you word things that comes across like that. I do not really know what to say in terms of being more tactful since people have varying levels of experiences and preferences in regards to tactfulness. I want to say that practicing being tactful would help, but that is far easier said than done depending on your job, social circle, and environment. And I am not sure how much practice would help since I have seen old people having absolutely no tact despite having a lifetime of experiences interacting with people, like a certain president.

52 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

They don't wear anything that is armor or would weigh them down like armor.

You should know by now that the appearances and cosmetics of classifications are arbitrary in Heroes. Any unit is regarded as Heroes regardless of whether or not they are heroes or villains in the main series. GHBs are not solely for villains. Legendary and Mythic Heroes does not really mean anything outside of being a game mechanic.

52 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I'm so sick of seasonal armors. Players really need to start complaining about this in feedback.

Not everyone is sick of armors though. I for one do not care. The Dance/Sing Special Heroes Foci every year are basically solely about Dancers/Singers, and I actually like that.

8 minutes ago, Rinco said:

Winter units are armored because... moving in snow is hard?

I would not think too hard about it.

In my opinion, summer Special Heroes should be armors because I do not see how it is possible for people to be so active like that under a blazing sun and soaring temperatures. I just want to stay indoors in the summer.

Edited by XRay

34 minutes ago, XRay said:

And since gen IV was implemented, not a single trainee was introduced. The last trainee was Sothis back in gen III.

Ewan says hi (Gen4 trainee mage, 165-167 bst).

I'm of the opinion that IS may or may not grant this new Sothis trainee status as well, possibly making her the first Gen4 trainee armor.

Duo Hector is a normal Gen4 armor at 179-181, so I'd expect a trainee to be 182-184 tops pre-merge, with merges granting her the 185 bst bin for scoring purposes.

I like armors. They’re fun to play with. 

I’m thinking about whether I want to try for Zephiel or try for Robin this year. I love Zephiel, he looks so cute, and I have major FOMO over Marth/Elice... I didn’t get Halloween Hector cuz I focused entirely on Halloween Mia, but I DID get Ephraim/Lyon!

I just hope I get really lucky with my early pulls! I’ll prpbably no dive into my orb stash right away... waiting until the last days of the banner might be a better choice for me until I decide what to do.

49 minutes ago, Azuni said:

Ewan says hi (Gen4 trainee mage, 165-167 bst).

Ah, I forgot about him.

I'm of the opinion that IS may or may not grant this new Sothis trainee status as well, possibly making her the first Gen4 trainee armor.

With Ewan being a thing, I guess the possibility of trainee armor is possible.

Duo Hector is a normal Gen4 armor at 179-181, so I'd expect a trainee to be 182-184 tops pre-merge, with merges granting her the 185 bst bin for scoring purposes.

Trainee classification is the about the equivalent of 4 to 5 BST. 30% growth is roughly 12 to 13 stat points, and -8 penalty brings that down to 4 or 5 BST. She would have around 184 to 186 BST if she was implemented as a trainee.

Green means the growth rate has a super Asset, while red means the growth rate has a super Flaw.

Sample 1
Level 1
16/8/8/8/8 = 47 + 9 - 8 = 48
Growth Rates
65/75/75/50/50 = 255 + 30 + 30 = 315
Growth Points
28/33/33/22/22 = 138
Level 40
44/41/41/30/30 = 186 BST (185 with super Flaw)

Sample 2
Level 1
Growth Rates
65/65/65/60/60 = 255 + 30 + 30 = 315
Growth Points
28/28/28/26/26 = 136
Level 40
44/36/36/32/32 = 184 BST

I think lower BST is possible too if they want to dump one of her stats.
Sample 3
Level 1
Growth Rates
85/65/25/70/70 = 255 + 30 + 30 = 315
Growth Points
37/28/10/30/30 = 135
Level 40
53/36/18/38/38 = 183 BST (184 BST with super Asset)

Edited by XRay

1 hour ago, Anacybele said:

We really don’t get them that often. It just seems like we do because they always clump all the armors on specific seasonal themes (Valentine’s, Halloween, Christmas, Picnic).

I’m pretty sure that none of the seasonal themes that I didn’t name above (and there’s at least six of them, one of which is Summer that gets two banners per year) have never had a single armor unit to date. 

1 hour ago, daisy jane said:

why? not everyone hates seasonal armours - so why should they complain? 

Some of us do though, so why can't at least some of these Christmas units be other movement types?

58 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

We really don’t get them that often. It just seems like we do because they always clump all the armors on specific seasonal themes (Valentine’s, Halloween, Christmas, Picnic).

Yeah, and I don't get why. Picnic I could understand because of those huge backpacks, especially the one Lukas has. And Halloween doesn't do all armors, a few of them are other movement types too. And also, I can at least get why Jakob and Henry are armors. Jakob has that big ball and chain on his leg to slow him down and Henry has that giant coffin shield.

Christmas and GD/LA I don't understand at all why there are mostly or all armors there.

13 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Some of us do though, so why can't at least some of these Christmas units be other movement types?

so then you go ahead and complain. but why should people who don't care complain. like. if this was Ike or Fred or whomever else you wanted would you want everyone to complain that this was Christmas armour emblem? 

honestly. i don't care that it's Christmas armours. they look awesome and If i could spend the orbs i  would get them. if they were christmas cavalry, I would like them, if they were fliers i'd be all over it and if they were infantry i'd get it. but then I don't understand why people get upset over like 98 percent of the things they get mad about in this game so what do i know. I figure you don't like it, your orbs are safe. that's a good thing. move on. 

25 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Yeah, and I don't get why. Picnic I could understand because of those huge backpacks, especially the one Lukas has. And Halloween doesn't do all armors, a few of them are other movement types too. And also, I can at least get why Jakob and Henry are armors. Jakob has that big ball and chain on his leg to slow him down and Henry has that giant coffin shield.

Christmas and GD/LA I don't understand at all why there are mostly or all armors there.

While I obviously have no better insight into their decisions regarding movement types, in terms of the raw numbers we've gotten 13 seasonal armors (assuming Jaffar is also one) dating back to the FEH OC New Year's banner. That only puts it at third, with horses (17) and fliers (20) both beating armors out over that span.

Banner's an easy skip for me; none of the units have overly crazy fodder. It's going to be hard to decide on which unit I want to use my free summon for.

Marth+Elice duo is a cute one though the Duo skill isn't too crazy. (Bonus Doubler effect for armored and flier units within 3 rows of Marth) Also the first colorless bow armored unit since Halloween Jakob as well as third bow armored unit overall.

Daring Fighter is to Desperation as Vengeful Fighter is to Quick Riposte.

Nino is cute but I already have +10 Valentines Lyn.

Sothis is cute as well but she's another green armored dragon with a kit that's overly similar to Nagi's.

Young Zephiel -- unexpected but cool but I'm not interested.

Jaffar... being green isn't going to do you any favors, buddy. He's pretty much just fanservice for his fans. Wonder what fodder he's going to offer besides most likely a dagger that heals 5 HP per hit during combat. Also curious as to how good that dagger would be on Cecilia when compared to existing options (Barb Shuirken, Lethal Carrot).

Welp, my orbs are safe for the Double Focus or the monthly banner.