Special Heroes - Glorious Gifts

Jave

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Anacybele said:

Yeah, and I don't get why. Picnic I could understand because of those huge backpacks, especially the one Lukas has. And Halloween doesn't do all armors, a few of them are other movement types too. And also, I can at least get why Jakob and Henry are armors. Jakob has that big ball and chain on his leg to slow him down and Henry has that giant coffin shield.

Christmas and GD/LA I don't understand at all why there are mostly or all armors there.

They are not armors because they are heavy or lugging big things around. They are armors because they have 1 movement and higher BST.

We have been through this with basic terms such as "Heroes," "Grand Hero Battle" Heroes, "Special" Heroes, "Legendary" Heroes, and "Mythic" Heroes. These are technical game mechanic terms defined by the developers with a very clear and precise definition. These terms are not defined by arbitrary things like appearances, names, and backstory. It makes no sense to me why people are still trying to define technical terms this way after playing the game for nearly three years.

If the developers want to make a Duo Hero featuring only Virion admiring himself in a mirror, there is nothing wrong with that. Duo Heroes is not defined by how many characters it has. It is defined by game mechanics such as scoring better in certain modes and having Duo skills. It would be pretty funny to see a mirror walking around in Aether Resort though.

In accounting, there is a term called gross income. Gross income does not mean the income is nasty or revolting. Gross income simply means the remaining revenue after you take away certain expenses; whether or not someone spits on their check or wipes their butthole with a Benjamin does not matter.

2 minutes ago, XRay said:

Gross income simply means the remaining revenue after you take away certain expenses; whether or not someone spits on their check or wipes their butthole with a Benjamin does not matter.

That's net income.  Gross income is revenue before expenses and taxes.

Edit:  To be more on topic, I'll probably pull a bit for Xmas Sothis, with Nino and Marth as secondary goals.  Seasonal armors don't really bother me, because there'd be less variety in armors if they didn't exist.

Edited by YotsuMaboroshi

40 minutes ago, Roflolxp54 said:

Banner's an easy skip for me; none of the units have overly crazy fodder. It's going to be hard to decide on which unit I want to use my free summon for.

Marth+Elice duo is a cute one though the Duo skill isn't too crazy. (Bonus Doubler effect for armored and flier units within 3 rows of Marth) Also the first colorless bow armored unit since Halloween Jakob as well as third bow armored unit overall.

It's not just Bonus Doubler - it's Bonus Doubler and +3 Str/Spd/Def/Res.

28 minutes ago, YotsuMaboroshi said:

That's net income.  Gross income is revenue before expenses and taxes.

Gross income is revenue minus cost of goods sold, such as expenses relating to transportation of goods and commission for salespersons. Gross income does not factor in things like rent (which stays a fixed amount no matter how much you make or sell) and interest expense (how much you pay depends on how much you borrow, and not how much products you make or sell).

There are several types of net income, or earnings for the more proper term. The broadest earnings (EBIT) factors in all expenses concerned with operating the business, such as wages and rent. The general meaning of net income (EBITDA) factors in every expense, taxes, etc. and refers to the bottom line at the very bottom.

Edited by XRay

Speaking of Duo Heroes, anyone else thinking they'll put out a Duo Hero-specific rerun banner at some point? They have a specific designation on Meet the Heroes and the three we've gotten have all been different colours. I think it'd be a nice way of bringing them back. But who am I kidding, they're just going to be on LHBanners...

12 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

Speaking of Duo Heroes, anyone else thinking they'll put out a Duo Hero-specific rerun banner at some point? They have a specific designation on Meet the Heroes and the three we've gotten have all been different colours. I think it'd be a nice way of bringing them back. But who am I kidding, they're just going to be on LHBanners...

Yeah, they will rerun in Legendary/Mythic Banners, but also I can see non-seasonal Duo Heroes in Hero Fest Banners.

Damn ... this is one of the few banners i actually want to pull for everyone and i have no goddamn orbs.

Love the unit selection. Nino looks precious and the fact that Jaffar comes along this time around makes it even better.

I love Sothis and im surprised she was the first 3H alt but after thinking it for a while it does make sense; barring the Byleths she is the most "neutral" character among the routes. That way nobody cries for house bias ... at least for a while.

Zephiel is one of the biggest curveballs of the entire year. His kit is kind of bad but i love the art and the fox toy is a neat bittersweet reference. Im kind of confused from when he is though, he sounds older than i expected when i played FE 7(wasnt he like 12?).

Im not a big fan of Marth but i really like this seasonal. Usually prefer rough and fierce character portraits but he and his sister really pull off the soft look. Not a huge fan of the duo effect though, maybe i'll include him in my flying team.

My priority will be Sothis and Nino but i'll be happy if i manage to pull anyone.

Edited by Luckenzio

Honestly, nothing really stands out as a must-have for me this time around.

Sothis is the most interesting since Sirius is a great skill to have on a Spd tank, especially one that is green.

But I can't really see myself going for more than one copy of each character on this banner.

2 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Honestly, nothing really stands out as a must-have for me this time around.

Sothis is the most interesting since Sirius is a great skill to have on a Spd tank, especially one that is green.

But I can't really see myself going for more than one copy of each character on this banner.

You are a collectionist, right?

Because I was thinking: they are not a must-have for you... but you are going for one copy of each.

3 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

You are a collectionist, right?

Because I was thinking: they are not a must-have for you... but you are going for one copy of each.

Yeah. I collect. "One of each" is the default for me, whereas "must-have" means I'll actually build it, use it, and consider intentionally merging it.

Edited by Ice Dragon

Just now, Ice Dragon said:

Yeah. I collect. "One of each" is the default for me, whereas "must-have" means I'll actually build it, use it, and consider intentionally merging it.

That's cool!

Do you keep all in your barracks or you are like "ok, I summoned this unit and got registered on my catalog, now I can fodder him/her", because it's a good think that we are still far away from having 1,100 different units... Imagine being a player that keeps at least one unit of each, the barrack's max space is 1,100 slots, and the game has 1,101 heroes in total.

38 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

32 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Do you keep all in your barracks or you are like "ok, I summoned this unit and got registered on my catalog, now I can fodder him/her", because it's a good think that we are still far away from having 1,100 different units... Imagine being a player that keeps at least one unit of each, the barrack's max space is 1,100 slots, and the game has 1,101 heroes in total.

I am curious about how you manage Barracks space too. I am bursting right now. I am at the point where I am getting rid of back up copies with good natures for units that I rarely use. If they keep releasing more units, I need to start getting rid of backup natures for units that I use weekly or even daily.

I did not book any of my GHB and TT units, and I keep 3 neutrals every unit in the 3*/4* pool, so I guess I can maybe do some culling there.

Edited by XRay

33 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

That's cool!

I keep everything around. There's pretty much no reason for me to ever need to fodder my last copy of a unit since I get pitybreakers frequently enough that I'll have an extra copy of a skill "eventually". And I'm fine waiting for "eventually" to happen. If I really need a skill, my budget is usually flexible enough to divert a bit into pulling an extra copy of a unit.

1 minute ago, XRay said:

I am curious about how you manage Barracks space too.

"Poorly." Let's just keep it at that.

3 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

@XRay @Ice Dragon The last time we had a barrack upgrade was with Version 2.0 update on November 2017, right? The same that reduced the cooldown of some specials, like Glimmer and AoEs.

Yeah, I think it was around that time. I had to send home freaking Fury, Desperation, and Reposition fodder back then until I could Book them.

The best Christmas gift I could think for Heroes for me right now is more Barracks space.

Edited by XRay

1 hour ago, Luckenzio said:

Zephiel is one of the biggest curveballs of the entire year. His kit is kind of bad but i love the art and the fox toy is a neat bittersweet reference. Im kind of confused from when he is though, he sounds older than i expected when i played FE 7(wasnt he like 12?).

Maybe this is a teenage Zephiel who's barely containing his homicidal tendencies for the holiday season? Or at least until he can get that toy back to his sister. D'aww...

1 hour ago, Luckenzio said:

Zephiel is one of the biggest curveballs of the entire year. His kit is kind of bad but i love the art and the fox toy is a neat bittersweet reference.

It reminds of Picnic Lukas. His skills are also not great: a Steady Stance Lance, Pivot, an AR exclusive skill that I believe no one uses, and Wary Fighter. Pretty bad! But I like his art, and he helped me (and still helps) in AA so many times.

I'm honestly surprised Zephiel isn't the duo unit with little Guinevere a la Halloween Hector and Lilina. But Marth and Elice are a nice idea too, and I know some people wanted Elice. I also was wondering why it was taking so long for Marth to get his sister when all the other lord sisters were in the game already. Even Ethlyn was there to join Sigurd.

Colorless will be my free pull since Marth and his sis are the only ones here that I'd not mind having.

Edited by Anacybele

11 minutes ago, YotsuMaboroshi said:

Leif's older sister Altena is still missing.

I didn't know he had a sister. Okay then. But even so, Marth is the first lord and the most inconic. You'd think his sis would get in before more than just this Altena.

19 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I didn't know he had a sister. Okay then. But even so, Marth is the first lord and the most inconic. You'd think his sis would get in before more than just this Altena.

Just to explain Altena for you, she's Leif's elder sister. She was around the age of ~3 captured by not at all by intention by Travant- think Naesala on a wyvern with his archenemy Quan as Tibarn on a horse. 

Rather than kill Altena though, Travant raised her as his own daughter alongside his son Arion, with her not remembering her true parentage. She thus became a princess of Thracia, a kingdom that is sorta-Daein and sorta Kilvas.

Unlike Leif, she inherited the holy brand to use the Gae Bolg. Travant acquired the Gae Bolg at the same time as Altena, and intended to have her fight with it once she grew up. In FE4, Altena can be recruited, and in doing so she betrays Travant, having learned the truth of her origins, joining Seliph and Leif.

Altena uses the Gae Bolg like her father, but being raised in the southern Thracian Peninsula, which is very mountainous, she has no experience with horses. Instead, she like her adoptive father and brother rides a wyvern.

Altenna_Areone.jpg

To the right is Arion. They're close to each other, even though Arion seems to have known the truth that they weren't related.

Again, just a basic explanation, in case she ever comes into FEH.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

Altena is the sister I'm most looking forward to.   A major part of the FE4 story.   When she comes in, if she does, it will be as a solo unit.

Elice is Marth's sister, but she is just an NPC.  So releasing as a duo unit makes a lot of sense.  Elice is not like Altena, or Lissa, or Mist, or other sisters who were actually playable units and had greater relevance to the story so it isn't surprising that it has taken so long for her to get in.  Guinevere is NPC also but a much more major character in the story.

2 hours ago, Anacybele said:

Here is another example of an insulting way of wording things.  "This Altena", as in "this nobody" when you've never played the game she was in.  Altena getting in would have little to do with being Leif's sister.  Though you seem to think that sisters getting in is dependent on their big bro's popularity which is kind of a misogynistic way of looking at it.

2 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Just to explain Altena for you, she's Leif's elder sister. She was around the age of ~3 captured by not at all by intention by Travant- think Naesala on a wyvern with his archenemy Quan as Tibarn on a horse. 

Rather than kill Altena though, Travant raised her as his own daughter alongside his son Arion, with her not remembering her true parentage. She thus became a princess of Thracia, a kingdom that is sorta-Daein and sorta Kilvas.

Unlike Leif, she inherited the holy brand to use the Gae Bolg. Travant acquired the Gae Bolg at the same time as Altena, and intended to have her fight with it once she grew up. In FE4, Altena can be recruited, and in doing so she betrays Travant, having learned the truth of her origins, joining Seliph and Leif.

Altena uses the Gae Bolg like her father, but being raised in the southern Thracian Peninsula, which is very mountainous, she has no experience with horses. Instead, she like her adoptive father and brother rides a wyvern.

Altenna_Areone.jpg

To the right is Arion. They're close to each other, even though Arion seems to have known the truth that they weren't related.

Again, just a basic explanation, in case she ever comes into FEH.

Ah, interesting. Thanks for explaining.

10 minutes ago, Lewyn said:

Altena is the sister I'm most looking forward to.   A major part of the FE4 story.   When she comes in, if she does, it will be as a solo unit.

Elice is Marth's sister, but she is just an NPC.  So releasing as a duo unit makes a lot of sense.  Elice is not like Altena, or Lissa, or Mist, or other sisters who were actually playable units and had greater relevance to the story so it isn't surprising that it has taken so long for her to get in.  Guinevere is NPC also but a much more major character in the story.

Here is another example of an insulting way of wording things.  "This Altena", as in "this nobody" when you've never played the game she was in.  Altena getting in would have little to do with being Leif's sister.  Though you seem to think that sisters getting in is dependent on their big bro's popularity which is kind of a misogynistic way of looking at it.

No, Elice is playable in both games. Granted in Shadow Dragon she doesn't join until the second to last chapter of the game (or third to last if you get the side quest chapter), and in Mystery of the Emblem she doesn't join until the final map