Special Heroes - Glorious Gifts

Jave

18 minutes ago, Lewyn said:

Altena is the sister I'm most looking forward to.   A major part of the FE4 story.   When she comes in, if she does, it will be as a solo unit.

Actually, not just because of the above artwork I posted, but putting her and Arion in a duo unit wouldn't be the worst idea. The two are close, and together they'd have a Njorun-Dainn reincarnated vibe. Arion would be better as the "support" but ideally they'd get Gae Bolg & Gungnir as their wepaon with innate Brave effect so you can have both of them stab things.

And, it resolves a minor issue concerning the implementation of Arion and his father in FEH. Neither has been added yet, rather late into the game, and, both are Lance Fliers with same statlines and same signature weapon. How much time would have to exist between their releases for it be justifiable to chuck an adjective onto the latter's Gungnir to indicate it has different effects?

Making Travant independently playable and Arion part of a duet would resolve this. Although making Travant GHB and Arion pullable would be an alternative solution.

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Still hope that they put Elice in later as a Staff unit, maybe they would like to give her the Aum Staff and scratch their had what it should have as an effect...a Revival support skill would be strange and useless on abyssal maps anyway and a support skill also needs a target which is not there. But they could make it like her giving Miracle effect to a unit. 

Even if she would have been an NPC. The cool thing about FEH is that we can have characters which are not playable. 
Leila and Usher for example come to mind. People have been happy about Greil, even if only as a seasonal for now. Even Jeralt fits into this slot. 

Edited by Stroud

11 hours ago, Anacybele said:

I disagree. Old Hector fits better. He's not plump, but he's got the right beard and personality. Not that Brom can't be Santa at all, I just feel Hector would've been a better choice there. He got a Halloween alt recently though, so...

Eh, I dunno, Brom strikes me as more of a "jolly" fellow, whereas Hector is more boisterous. I can definitely see old Hector, though, and I would not at all be surprised if he was in next year's banner.

2 minutes ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

Eh, I dunno, Brom strikes me as more of a "jolly" fellow, whereas Hector is more boisterous. I can definitely see old Hector, though, and I would not at all be surprised if he was in next year's banner.

Brom's body type fits, yeah. That I can't argue with. And he is kinda jolly. I Just think old Hector has more of the beard and fun vibe for it. lol

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Actually, not just because of the above artwork I posted, but putting her and Arion in a duo unit wouldn't be the worst idea. The two are close, and together they'd have a Njorun-Dainn reincarnated vibe. Arion would be better as the "support" but ideally they'd get Gae Bolg & Gungnir as their wepaon with innate Brave effect so you can have both of them stab things.

And, it resolves a minor issue concerning the implementation of Arion and his father in FEH. Neither has been added yet, rather late into the game, and, both are Lance Fliers with same statlines and same signature weapon. How much time would have to exist between their releases for it be justifiable to chuck an adjective onto the latter's Gungnir to indicate it has different effects?

Making Travant independently playable and Arion part of a duet would resolve this. Although making Travant GHB and Arion pullable would be an alternative solution.

Altena/Arion duo would be neat. Arion seems like Elise in that he'd be nice to have in the game eventually but doesn't have as much need for a full unit to himself.

Also, speaking of weapons, being able to name the duo's weapon after the pair of weapons would mean Altena wouldn't be stuck with "[adjective] Gae Bolg".

Sothis is the last 3H alt I expected but I won't complain (well only complain in the "I was hoping there would be no one I want")

Good to see Elice get acknowledged at all I keep forgetting she exists and feel bad about it-

It's interesting how the silhouettes misled, it was Jaffar and Zephiel and the former isn't even on the banner itself-

2 hours ago, DraceEmpressa said:

*wipes out drool* wait, you're telling me he's not legal yet? 

He is of age for marriage by medieval standards. 18 is an arbitrary number and it is high by historical standards. If Zephiel gets summoned out of your phone into the real world, I think it is reasonable to apply the current modern day standards concerning morals and ethics. If you get transported into the world of Fire Emblem, it makes less sense to apply your modern day understanding of morals and ethics. When in Rome, do as the Roman do.

Since this is all fantasy anyways, there is no harm in fantasizing, so I do not see why morals and ethics should even be a concern. Reading and thinking about serial killers or child marriages does not make you a murderer nor sexual predator in real life.

Plus, this is Christmas, at least indulge yourself in something.

2 hours ago, XRay said:

He is of age for marriage by medieval standards. 18 is an arbitrary number and it is high by historical standards. If Zephiel gets summoned out of your phone into the real world, I think it is reasonable to apply the current modern day standards concerning morals and ethics. If you get transported into the world of Fire Emblem, it makes less sense to apply your modern day understanding of morals and ethics. When in Rome, do as the Roman do.

Since this is all fantasy anyways, there is no harm in fantasizing, so I do not see why morals and ethics should even be a concern. Reading and thinking about serial killers or child marriages does not make you a murderer nor sexual predator in real life.

Plus, this is Christmas, at least indulge yourself in something.

Something tells me you made that a lot more serious than it was...

7 hours ago, Solaris998 said:

Sothis is the last 3H alt I expected but I won't complain (well only complain in the "I was hoping there would be no one I want")

Good to see Elice get acknowledged at all I keep forgetting she exists and feel bad about it-

It's interesting how the silhouettes misled, it was Jaffar and Zephiel and the former isn't even on the banner itself-

IIRC, we've gotten TT units in the silhouettes at least once in the past. Not sure who, though.

3 minutes ago, Othin said:

IIRC, we've gotten TT units in the silhouettes at least once in the past. Not sure who, though.

We got Rinea as a silhouette along with Berkut on the Dancing Soiree banner, even though she wasn't actually part of the banner and was a TT unit instead

12 hours ago, DraceEmpressa said:

*wipes out drool* wait, you're telling me he's not legal yet? 

I don't remember if it's ever stated how old he is in FE7 but he looks considerably young in there

Spoiler

latest?cb=20160625081802 

I think he looks younger there than his Heroes version too actually so maybe they decided to age him up for this?

-----------

When I saw Sothis in the thumbnail I got like a mini panic attack that Claude would appear as a seasonal after I had dumped a whole bunch of orbs for Ursula merges. Thankfully he didn't and Jaffar is the freebie so don't need to summon for him either.

Zephiel I would like to get but another armored sword (and one that got the shaft in skills compared to his banner mates) isn't exactly enticing. I'll scrounge up some orbs for him after hopefully getting more merges for Ursula first but it wouldn't be a big deal to me if didn't get him.

1 hour ago, Glennstavos said:

Nino and Jaffar infiltrating Bern to roast marshmallows with Prince Zephiel feels like some sort of dream of that poor child.

A coping mechanism? "Daddy who I try my hardest to please couldn't have sent assassins, they must be surprise St. Elimine's Day patissiers!"

On 12/12/2019 at 10:16 PM, Landmaster said:

YAAAAAAAYYY SOTHIS ALT!!!

Basically me

If this Nino had a prf I'd be more hype but I really dont know if I want to go for her...

Ranged armors are eh tbh

Sothis is completely broken though. Like, no matter how bad her stats are. And I'm betting they won't be bad. At the very least we know she'll be fast. I wanted an OP green dragon for dragon emblem too.

MUAHAHAHAAHAHA

Okay, wow, whose idea was it to give Zephiel THIS voice? Isn't he like 14 or something in FE7? This voice sounds more like a 30 year old's.

Also...I really didn't want Elice to be pronounced exactly like Elise. Should've been like the name Ellis, imo. Minor nitpick here, though.

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Okay, wow, whose idea was it to give Zephiel THIS voice? Isn't he like 14 or something in FE7? This voice sounds more like a 30 year old's.

Also...I really didn't want Elice to be pronounced exactly like Elise. Should've been like the name Ellis, imo. Minor nitpick here, though.

It's the same guy who voices Regular Zephiel, and he fits the older version perfectly fine, but it becomes very jarring when he also voices the much younger teenage version

And yeah, I prefer Ellis as well. They even pronounce her name like that in the OVA

9 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

He could sound as unfitting as Fiora, just saying.

1 hour ago, Gregster101 said:

It's the same guy who voices Regular Zephiel, and he fits the older version perfectly fine, but it becomes very jarring when he also voices the much younger teenage version

And yeah, I prefer Ellis as well. They even pronounce her name like that in the OVA

Yeah, exactly.

And wow, I see. 😕

1 hour ago, lightcosmo said:

He could sound as unfitting as Fiora, just saying.

And I think Fiora's voice is unfitting for her too.

1 hour ago, Anacybele said:

I always assumed Blazing Zephiel was a day short of 18 since the story took place just as he was becoming of age. 

1 minute ago, Etrurian emperor said:

I always assumed Blazing Zephiel was a day short of 18 since the story took place just as he was becoming of age. 

Okay, though even then, I still feel like the voice is too deep. xP

4 hours ago, Anacybele said:

Okay, though even then, I still feel like the voice is too deep. xP

Probably.  I headcanon it as Zephiel being an extremely early bloomer.

8 minutes ago, eclipse said:

Probably.  I headcanon it as Zephiel being an extremely early bloomer.

That's possible though? And I mean, if it is, it's gotta be a pretty rare thing then.

13 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

That's possible though? And I mean, if it is, it's gotta be a pretty rare thing then.

It's definitely possible. I've met underage boys with quite deep voices. Not common for sure, but it's there.