Special Heroes - Glorious Gifts

Jave

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Neither Ike nor Frederick are from FE7. I was specifically speaking about only FE7. And I say this as someone who doesn't even like FE7. Or Kent.

I'm surprised many people are liking this banner. I really thought it'd be hated.

But if I have anything close to positive to say, then it wasn't a bad idea for Marth to get a seasonal. He didn't have one yet. But he and Elice are the only tolerable thing here.

Dude, quit acting so mopey and just let others be happy over this banner. Also Marth had a seasonal with his Groom alt, albeit as a TT reward

I'm surprised many people are liking this banner. I really thought it'd be hated.

But if I have anything close to positive to say, then it wasn't a bad idea for Marth to get a seasonal. He didn't have one yet. But he and Elice are the only tolerable thing here.

What's wrong with Zephiel getting an alt? His first alt and we get the nice version of him? A lot of people like him as a character. And Sothis is neat in how she's a Mythic that became a seasonal. As seasonal alts go, this is one of the better ones. 

3 minutes ago, Landmaster said:

jaffar_angel_of_night_slide01.png

I'm in literal tears

He looks adorable. So he is the unit on the left... Neat!

I don't see why this banner would be hated. Just because some people created high expectations or believe in things shared on Twitter?

And Marth has a seasonal alt: Groom Marth.

4 minutes ago, Sentinel07 said:

I can't help but think you're a little too obsessed. I mean, having favorites is natural for sure, but you seen a little too selective. Honestly, I think I've seen you dislike more characters than like.

And you don't seem to care for many outside of the "hunky men" archetype.

You're very wrong on both of those statements.

I just tend to talk mostly about my top favorites and not as much about other characters I like to some degree. I like most of Tellius's cast and I'm cool with most of the Three Houses cast too. I like several characters from Sacred Stones, a couple from FE7, a couple from Fates, and a few from Awakening. I also admit that I might mention characters I dislike a bit too much. Also, and this is really unfortunate, but the characters I dislike the most tend to be popular, like Lyn, Camilla, Tharja, and Micaiah.

As for characters I like outside of hunky men, there are plenty: Sylvain, Sain, Elincia, Marcia, Fiora, Mist, Oscar, Elise, Kaze, Silas, female Robin, male Morgan, and the list can go on.

EDIT: I forgot Groom Marth existed. Probably because he wasn't actually on a banner. Still, Christmas Marth isn't a bad idea anyway.

Edited by Anacybele

7 minutes ago, Landmaster said:

I'm in literal tears

It's alright, he was already dead inside well before this. I'm pretty sure Nergal made sure of that.

And yeah, that Sothis alt looks damn fine too. If I can just get her and Nino (God she's too precious) then I'll be content. ....Now if only I could get something off of the damn Thracia banner (rate is at 4.25%) first.

In my defense, Y!Zephiel and Xander have very similar hair and both are blonde so I wasn't super mega wrong. 

That being said, the banner being all armored is tradition. I know people love to hate on armors but they aren't all that common (just because you see F! Young Tikis, L!Tikis and H!Myrrhs all the time in arena doesn't mean that there's more armors than infantries or fliers) so it's fine for IS to give them some extra units during the Christmas banner. 

As for the units, only Sothis strikes my fancy. Marth will depend on his stat spread because his duo ability seems to be a global stat buff, which is cool but nothing I can't get already with my Tactics teams.

I'll probably keep trying to get that Picnic Flora and then I'll go for W!Eirika merges. If Eirika reaches +5 without too much trouble then I might go for Sothis just because.

Edited by Alexmender

3 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

What's wrong with Zephiel getting an alt? His first alt and we get the nice version of him? A lot of people like him as a character. And Sothis is neat in how she's a Mythic that became a seasonal. As seasonal alts go, this is one of the better ones. 

People care about a character who had a tiny role in the game he appeared in when he wasn't even playable? Since when?

And Sothis is such a weird and random choice for a first TH seasonal. Why not Claude or Dimitri or someone who's actually popular?

1 minute ago, Alexmender said:

On my defense, Y!Zephiel and Xander have very similar hair and both are blonde so I wasn't super mega wrong. 

That being said, the banner being all armored is tradition. I know people love to hate on armors but they aren't all that common (just because you see F! Young Tikis, L!Tikis and H!Myrrhs all the time in arena doesn't mean that there's more armors than infantries or fliers) so it's fine for IS to give them some extra units during the Christmas banner. 

As for the units, only Sothis strikes my fancy. Marth will depend on his stat spread because his duo ability seems to be a global stat buff, which is cool but nothing I can't get already with my Tactics teams.

I'll probably keep trying to get that Picnic Flora and then I'll go for W!Eirika merges. If Eirika reaches +5 without too much trouble then I might go for Sothis just because.

You can see Marth's stats in the vid~

8jy1r5dwhb441.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&a

Pretty good, only Res being on the low side and super fast~

Sothis I would guess with a blindfold on is b/c she's House-neutral, and upfront. She is there the moment you begin the game, and picking her means FEH can't be accused of favoring any house from this.

Breath user and green hair help too. Green goes well with the holidays, and Breath I guess is rare for users and strong in FEH.

Just now, Anacybele said:

People care about a character who had a tiny role in the game he appeared in when he wasn't even playable? Since when?

And Sothis is such a weird and random choice for a first TH seasonal. Why not Claude or Dimitri or someone who's actually popular?

I'm sorry, what? Can I ask, have you actually played Binding Blade? 

Like Edelgard? Sure Sothis is strange, but what's wrong with Sothis being an alt? Or what, does she not deserve an alt at all? 

1 minute ago, Landmaster said:

This is what happens when you just take a glance at the trailer without doing a proper analysis

Ohh, he'll make for a nice quadding machine with a Brave Bow. His Desperate fighter skill really pairs well with that sort of build. Hmm...Very enticing. 

Just now, omegaxis1 said:

I'm sorry, what? Can I ask, have you actually played Binding Blade? 

Like Edelgard? Sure Sothis is strange, but what's wrong with Sothis being an alt? Or what, does she not deserve an alt at all? 

I'm sorry, since when was this Binding Blade Zephiel? I thought this was YOUNG Zephiel.

I obviously didn't say that Sothis having an alt at all was bad. I said her being the first TH character to get one is weird. And I actually kind of like her. I just think there were better choices for the first TH alts.

10 minutes ago, Landmaster said:

174 BST... Neat! Don't forget that he can get Stats+3 from his bow, and his duo effect is bonus Double.

And Sothis is very popular.

Edited by Diovani Bressan

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

I'm sorry, since when was this Binding Blade Zephiel? I thought this was YOUNG Zephiel.

I obviously didn't say that Sothis having an alt at all was bad. I said her being the first TH character to get one is weird. And I actually kind of like her. I just think there were better choices for the first TH alts.

Ah, so that's what you mean. Zephiel's popularity originated in FE6. Seeing how he was like in FE7 in his younger days added to his popularity. So... whether its older or younger Zephiel, both work. 

Sure, but for all intents and purposes, a Sothis alt is not bad at all. Frankly, I think with how the fanbase is still getting issues with the arguments in regards to the lords, Sothis being an alt is a good thing in my honest opinion. 

2 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

Ah, so that's what you mean. Zephiel's popularity originated in FE6. Seeing how he was like in FE7 in his younger days added to his popularity. So... whether its older or younger Zephiel, both work. 

Sure, but for all intents and purposes, a Sothis alt is not bad at all. Frankly, I think with how the fanbase is still getting issues with the arguments in regards to the lords, Sothis being an alt is a good thing in my honest opinion. 

Yeah, but people would clearly like FE6 Zephiel more, not so much the FE7 one. It's like how people prefer PoR Ike or RD Ike over the other.

Once again, I never said Sothis getting an alt was bad.

15 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

A: no she's not, and B: because she's actually popular. 
and same how people went gaga over Altina - who was a 3 second piece of art work. 
People like who they like. 

Just now, daisy jane said:

A: no she's not, and B: because she's actually popular. 
and same how people went gaga over Altina - who was a 3 second piece of art work. 
People like who they like. 

Your opinion.

I didn't see many people go gaga over Altina. Just really surprised that she came in.

The character selection for this banner is superb. Nino, Sothis, Young Zephiel and Duo Marth are fantastic choices. Sothis not having Time's Pulse was a missed opportunity though, I would have pulled on this banner for that alone.

Every unit is pretty solid and they all have pretty fun fodder. Zephiel's Sword in particular would make for some fun builds on other units. Nothing here entices me though. If I wasn't saving I'd go for everybody as I actually like everyone on the banner but I'm not hurting for armors and the fodder is nice but I'd probably just sit on it indefinitely so I don't feel inclined to pull. One circle and we're done.

Green Dagger Jaffar looks neat though. I hope he has something good for fodder. He's the only color dagger I have already though so that sucks.

EDIT: Zephiel's voice doesn't fit him though... like... not even remotely. I understand trying to keep consistency with his older self but when you grow from a boy to a man your voice can change drastically. Giving him a boyish voice like Lugh/Raigh would have been perfectly fine.

Edited by Zeo