Greatings from Vallora

Sir Gerwald of Vallora

Hello. 

I have an interesting history with the FE franchise. I got into the franchise with the first game released stateside for the Gameboy Advanced, the Blazing Blade. I fell out of love with the games afterwards, as The Sacred Stones didn't catch my interest (though I do mean to play it now). I was pulled back into the franchise with Awakening, which is still my all around favorite Fire Emblem game. Afterwards, I proceeded to play and finish Fates through both Revelation and Conquest. I've been meaning to play Shadows of Valentia but have been busy with other games as of late. I also have not yet played Three Houses, as I am a tad bit too poor for a switch, which I hope to change soon, and Three Houses is high up on the list of Switch games to pick up. 

Other interesting facts about me are that I am an author, and have worked on several books, fan projects, and other assorted short stories. I've also been working on my art as of late, specifically inside of Adobe Illustrator. 

Needless to say, I'm excited to join a community of Fire Emblem fans who all share the same passion for one of my favorite franchises. 

Thank you both for the warm welcome. 

And @Pengaius I don't think you would have. Most of my short stories have been published in a local magazine, and I'm still in talks with my publisher for getting my first major book out there. But thanks for the interest.

I've been working on Fantasy book primarily focused on Historical realism (I'm a huge medieval combat nut), but I've also tried my hand at Urban Fantasy and Alternate History, but I haven't gotten enough of either of those genres finished to consider publishing. Sci-fi can also be fun, but I've always prefred more grounded Sci-fi, ala Twilight Zone. And yes, Fanfics are much easier as you have the world, and in some cases, the characters already created for you. But hey, write what you want. Do what's fun for you.

50 minutes ago, Sir Wolfram of Vallora said:

I've been working on Fantasy book primarily focused on Historical realism (I'm a huge medieval combat nut), but I've also tried my hand at Urban Fantasy and Alternate History, but I haven't gotten enough of either of those genres finished to consider publishing. Sci-fi can also be fun, but I've always prefred more grounded Sci-fi, ala Twilight Zone. And yes, Fanfics are much easier as you have the world, and in some cases, the characters already created for you. But hey, write what you want. Do what's fun for you.

Sounds cool! I try to include some realism in my fanfics as they are, I research things to make things accurate if that makes sense.