Tempest Trial+: For a Smile (Dec 17th)

Diovani Bressan

A new Tempest Trial+ will start on December 17th, titled "For a Smile"!

pkNBkPl.jpg

Our TT reward unit is Jaffar: Angel of Night and he is a Green Dagger Armored unit.

gETrc4U.jpg

The bonus allies of this TT+ are:

Winter/Duo Marth, Winter Nino, Winter Zephiel, Winter Sothis, Winter Jaffar, OG Marth, Flying Nino, OG Jaffar.

qdlwns5.jpg
HP: 44  Atk: 35  Spd: 37  Def: 31  Res: 27  -  BST: 174

Green-dagger.png?itok=KBKCybkW Mint Cane+ (Mt 12, Rng 2): When unit deals damage to foe during combat, restores 5 HP to unit. (Triggers even if 0 damage is dealt.) Effect: [Dagger 7]
[Dagger 7]: After combat, if unit attacked, inflicts Def/Res-7 on target and foes within 2 spaces of target through their next actions.
Assist.png Reciprocal Aid: Unit and target ally swap HP. (Neither can go above their max HP.)
Def-Res-Bond-3.png?itok=MY2Dsz6Y Def/Res Bond: If unit is adjacent to an ally, grants Def/Res+5 during combat.
50px-Goad_Armor.png?itok=Dj8TY9Gq Goad Armor: Grants Atk/Spd+4 to armored allies within 2 spaces during combat.

The Sacred Seals for this Tempest Trials+ are:
* Description for the enchanted version of each sacred seal *

50px-Warding_Blow_3.png Warding Blow: If unit initiates combat, grants Res+6 during combat.
Steady-Posture-2.png Steady Posture: If foe initiates combat, grants Spd/Def+4 during combat.
Distant-Guard-3.png Distant Guard: Allies within 2 spaces gain: "If foe uses bow, dagger, magic, or staff, grants Def/Res+4 during combat."

The others rewards are:

latest?cb=20170410122150 42 Orbs;
latest?cb=20170204105858 11,000 Hero Feathers;
BjlrTMg.png 1 Astra Blessing;
4 ★ Jaffar: Angel of Night;
5 ★ Jaffar: Angel of Night.

Final Map:

Spoiler

tt-jaffar.png

sothis_silver_specter.png
Boss - Sothis: Silver Specter
HP: 70  Atk: 50  Spd: 43  Def: 28  Res: 33

32px-Icon_Class_Green_Beast.png?itok=Gfb Snow's Grace (Mt 16, Rng 1): Neutralizes "effective against dragons" bonuses. Grants Spd+3. At start of combat, if unit's HP ≥ 50%,
grants Atk/Spd/Def/Res+5 during combat. If foe's Range = 2, calculates damage using the lower of foe's Def or Res.
Special.png Sirius (CD 2): Boosts damage by 30% of unit's Spd. Restores HP = 30% of damage dealt.
Attack-Defense-Bond-3.png Atk/Def Bond: If unit is adjacent to an ally, grants Atk/Def+5 during combat.
Threat-Atk-Res-3.png Threaten Atk/Res: At start of turn, if unit is within 2 spaces of a foe, grants Atk/Res+5 to unit for 1 turn and
inflicts Atk/Res-5 on foes within 2 spaces through their next actions.

Good Luck in your TT+ battles, summoners!

Edited by Diovani Bressan

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am SO GLAD I saved my sacred coins. That Distant Guard seal is going right onto my +9 Dancing Rinea, who already has Close Guard in her C slot and has Distant Guard built into her weapon. She's such a good supporter~

Ok, 2 Death Knight manuals down, Lucina and M!Corrin have Close Guard. They'll hold the Distant Guard Seal on their corresponding seasons to support the tankers for AR, It's better than double Drives.

Warding Blow is kinda useless, but the Stance is nice to have. Jaffar doesn't have much for inheritance, the Bond skill is pretty situational.
I'll start the TT with Marth as bonus unit and switch to Jaffar as soon as I get the 4* copy, then switching to the 5* once I get there.

Hmm, maybe I should actually try for Marth + Elice. Otherwise, I'm stuck with regular Marth who is kind of meh to use these days, flying Nino (ugh), or Jaffar (meh) as a bonus unit for this.

I was hoping some past Christmas units like Robin would be bonus...

13 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Hmm, maybe I should actually try for Marth + Elice. Otherwise, I'm stuck with regular Marth who is kind of meh to use these days, flying Nino (ugh), or Jaffar (meh) as a bonus unit for this.

I was hoping some past Christmas units like Robin would be bonus...

Since the rerun banners are way after the start of the Tempest Trials, it was kinda expected that old christmas units would not be bonus units.

Edited by Diovani Bressan

11 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Since the rerun banners are way after the start of the Tempest Trials, it was kinda expected that old christmas units would not be bonus units.

I didn't remember when those were going to be rerun.

Well I have flying Nino so I guess I'll be running a flying team to start. Distant Guard and Steady Posture are both nifty seals I think. Between those and Jaffar being a nifty fodder guy with DEF/RES Bond(which isn't easy to get) and Goad Armor(already on a Grail unit, but Eliwood's A skill is far less useful than DEF/RES Bond so Jaffar is a better source), I gotta say the rewards are pretty nice.

Well flying Nino will be my bonus unit until I get Jaffar.  I think team 1 will be: Nino, Clair, S!Fiora and S!Takumi.  Team 2 will be: Jaffar, Hardin, C!Erika and Arden.

I have Marth and regular Jaffar for the first part, and Winter Jaffar should be fun for the second part.

Wonder what his stats will be, Def/Res Bond suggests he may be pretty bulky. If they're good, I may end up merging him. Distant Guard is also a nice addition.

I only have a 4* Marth at the moment. Is it worth the feathers to upgrade him to 5* just for this, or am I better off just waiting until I unlock the 5* Jaffar? Or does just having the 4* Marth on the team help my score even if he's dead weight and doesn't get any kills?

9 minutes ago, TEKWRX said:

I only have a 4* Marth at the moment. Is it worth the feathers to upgrade him to 5* just for this, or am I better off just waiting until I unlock the 5* Jaffar? Or does just having the 4* Marth on the team help my score even if he's dead weight and doesn't get any kills?

You don't necessarily need to 5* Marth but he's a pretty good investment option (dragonkiller, pseudo-medic, Drive bot). And yes, rarity doesn't matter when it comes to being a bonus unit in TT; as long as you field him for at least 1 map each run, you get the points -- doesn't matter if he actually dies during the run, even (as long as he's not the last unit on the team to die).

I'm probably gonna be starting with Flier Nino mainly because she can fly and deals decent damage. Will have no issue upgrading Steady Posture and Distant Guard seals, as well as whatever decent seals IS releases on the early January TT. Wouldn't mind getting Duo Marth on free summon but wouldn't be bothered if I don't get him.

Winter Jaffar's skillset is... meh. Kind of interested in the Minty Cane+ but kind of doubt that it would outdo the Barb Shuriken or the Lethal Carrot when it comes to Winter Cecilia's ability to tank stuff.

Edited by Roflolxp54

6 minutes ago, TEKWRX said:

He’ll raise score regardless, just keep him in a corner

I had my 5* Nino ready... only for the bonus to be flying Nino! 😞 I guess I’ll use Marth, though he has his vanilla skill set on... I suppose it won’t be an issue. L Lucina usually does everything wih Eir Anyway. 

The seals look great, I’m excited for Jaffar... let’s go!

5 minutes ago, Roflolxp54 said:

You don't necessarily need to 5* Marth but he's a pretty good investment option (dragonkiller, pseudo-medic, Drive bot). And yes, rarity doesn't matter when it comes to being a bonus unit in TT; as long as you field him for at least 1 map, you get the points -- doesn't matter if he actually dies, even.

Yeah, I was just reading up on Marth. Looks like he could be a decent support unit. My main team for these multi map battles is W!Cecilia, M!Corrin, B!Ike, & B!Lucinia. Cecilia & Ike have Aether to keep them healed throughout, and Lucina has renewal & Ardent Sacrifice to help out as well. Marth could easily take the place of either Corrin or Lucina, problem is he needs the Falcion refine to be as effective and I just don't have the dew at the moment. And even if I did, there's a few other units waiting on a refine ahead of him. That's too bad, I love having a legitimate excuse for building a new unit 🙂 Maybe I'll upgrade him and start building him anyway and see how he does even without the refine. I guess Corrin is the most expendable on my team so I'll have Marth replace him.

I was going to say "If this TT+ isn't about how Jaffar would do anything to make Nino smile I'll riot", but

6 hours ago, Etrurian emperor said:

Lugh and Raigh simply must show up in Nino's cutscenes. 

Marth trying to think of some winter envoy gifts for Tiki would be cute too.

these two ideas are also acceptable.

Jaffar doesn't look too interesting, but W!Cecilia's now a mainstay of my AR teams so I'll wait until the datamine to say anything for sure. Distant Guard is a blessing though. Definitely going onto my Rinea, just like @Mercakete!

Hmm...I have a 4* Marth and OG!Jaffar as bonus options. I might bring Jaffar because I have him with that pain+ esque build while the Marth has nothing. Then again, the most likely outcome is that I'll just use Igrene+2 dancers to demolish the maps while Jaffar chills in the corner and gives easy feathers.

As for the rewards, W!Jaffar doesn't seem all that great and his fodder potential is also meh. I'll probably just keep him as a collectable. The seals are good in general, Steady Posture will be great on my L!Tiki while Distant Guard will be fun for that triple Distant Guard Rinea meme build. Warding Blow is trash.

Edited by Alexmender