Tempest Trial+: For a Smile (Dec 17th)

Diovani Bressan

52 minutes ago, TEKWRX said:

I only have a 4* Marth at the moment. Is it worth the feathers to upgrade him to 5* just for this, or am I better off just waiting until I unlock the 5* Jaffar? Or does just having the 4* Marth on the team help my score even if he's dead weight and doesn't get any kills?

The mode is pretty easy, so bringing dead weights for score is fine. A single nuke and a single Dancer/Singer can solo all 7 maps on Lunatic by themselves, with the final boss generally being the exception if it can counter attack back and got enough of the right bulk against your nuke. If the final boss cannot counter attack back or does not have the right bulk, you can use your ranged nukes with impunity.

Since you have Tharja, you can just use her and whatever Dancer/Singer (ideally Azura: Vallite Songstress) to solo the almost everything, so just remember to switch Tharja's Counter-Vantage set to a Player Phase set. If Glorious Gifts Jaffar is the final boss, then Tharja can overpower him too with color advantage and solo the entire thing.

33 minutes ago, TEKWRX said:

Yeah, I was just reading up on Marth. Looks like he could be a decent support unit. My main team for these multi map battles is W!Cecilia, M!Corrin, B!Ike, & B!Lucinia. Cecilia & Ike have Aether to keep them healed throughout, and Lucina has renewal & Ardent Sacrifice to help out as well. Marth could easily take the place of either Corrin or Lucina, problem is he needs the Falcion refine to be as effective and I just don't have the dew at the moment. And even if I did, there's a few other units waiting on a refine ahead of him. That's too bad, I love having a legitimate excuse for building a new unit 🙂 Maybe I'll upgrade him and start building him anyway and see how he does even without the refine. I guess Corrin is the most expendable on my team so I'll have Marth replace him.

If you are using tanks, watch out when you tank the final boss. If I remember correctly, the final boss always have their Special charged on turn 1.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

35 minutes ago, XRay said:

The mode is pretty easy, so bringing dead weights for score is fine. A single nuke and a single Dancer/Singer can solo all 7 maps on Lunatic by themselves, with the final boss generally being the exception if it can counter attack back and got enough of the right bulk against your nuke. If the final boss cannot counter attack back or does not have the right bulk, you can use your ranged nukes with impunity.

Since you have Tharja, you can just use her and whatever Dancer/Singer (ideally Azura: Vallite Songstress) to solo the almost everything, so just remember to switch Tharja's Counter-Vantage set to a Player Phase set. If Glorious Gifts Jaffar is the final boss, then Tharja can overpower him too with color advantage and solo the entire thing.

If you are using tanks, watch out when you tank the final boss. If I remember correctly, the final boss always have their Special charged on turn 1.

Yeah, I used Tharja during the last TT and she did well. I left her Vantage build on and it was fine. The only issue of course was Brunnya as the final boss. The color disadvantage was usually too much for Tharja. But F!Tiki and/or Altina was there to pick up the slack. Anyway, I'm building/leveling up Marth right now so we'll see how he fits into my tank team. We'll see how my team does with the boss this time, at least he won't have color advantage over either of my tanks so that's good.

What, are you kidding me? I can't believe I lost the bet that the next GHB/TT armor unit would have Armor march. The last time we got a F2P armor unit was exactly a year ago. And the next time will no doubt be a year from now. It has to happen eventually, right? Even if I wanted more Goad Armor I already have a Grailsink for that

Edited by Glennstavos

16 hours ago, Landmaster said:

If Sothis doesn't come home, guess I'm stealing Dio's Mar Mar  using Marth~

No stealing! 559905638596083725.png.feaef83ad861768d6a7c939dd6d74878.png

But if you decide to use Marth, have fun! I will use Nino until I get Jaffar. I am even considering to promote my 4* copy just to use him right away.

I have both flying Nino and Jaffar, but I've already grinded out both of their HMs to max, so unless I get one of the new banner units I'll mostly be using Winter Jaffar I think. 

I like the seals this time, I'll be upgrading Distant Guard and Steady Posture.

I updated the topic, adding Jaffar's stats, the final map and the Boss' stats and skills.

@DefyingFates She may be annoying to deal with, but at least the lowered some of her stats (excluding HP), and removed Distant Counter and Special Fighter, so she cannot counterattack ranged foes. Maybe they are trying to to avoid a Picnic Flora's situation? Flora was not a problem for me, but I know people that hated that TT because of her.

2 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

I updated the topic, adding Jaffar's stats, the final map and the Boss' stats and skills.

@DefyingFates She may be annoying to deal with, but at least the lowered some of her stats (excluding HP), and removed Distant Counter and Special Fighter, so she cannot counterattack ranged foes. Maybe they are trying to to avoid a Picnic Flora's situation? Flora was not a problem for me, but I know people that hated that TT because of her.

I'm glad to hear it, wonderful!

Naturally the most busted armor of the bunch is the boss for the TT. It's just as well. I'll probably run F!Nino, Jaffar, Marth and a healer for this TT. Might swap out OG Jaffar for Christmas Jaffar a little down the line.

AAAAAAAH THE FINAL MAP MUSIC IS AWAKENING!!!

I'm so sorry for the caps, but that song has me screaming like a fangirl every time I listen to it. It was such a huge part of my first Three Houses playthrough (Blue Lions represent!), and hearing it as the final map theme for Sothis (even as a Winter skin)...man, it's just so satisfying!

Anyhow, I'm definitely grinding up for Distant Guard. I've almost +10'd my Brave!Lucina, and I've already given her both Close Guard and Distant Guard (among other skills...soooo many other skills). Getting that will be a breeze, especially because the final map is balls easy this time around.

Edited by MilodicMellodi

14 hours ago, Diovani Bressan said:

What? All bosses were pretty easy. As long as a player got one of each Blade mage and a Brave Bow archer, that will cover every single boss. The bosses are bulky, but not so bulky that Blade mages cannot kill them.

1 minute ago, DraceEmpressa said:

The TT starts with Zephiel refer to Sothis as "Progenitor God"....... ah yes IS never care for spoiler

Yep. I noticed it as well. Nice job, IntSys!

Three House spoilers:

Spoiler

I can't wait for Mythic Hero Seiros introducing herself: I am Rhea... but you can also call me Seiros.

9 minutes ago, DraceEmpressa said:

The TT starts with Zephiel refer to Sothis as "Progenitor God"....... ah yes IS never care for spoiler

That's a pretty early one, right? Compared to like Part 2 stuff, which will probably start soon.