Binder organization help

OnyxThe4tuitous

I've been buying and storing booster series for a few years, and I've gathered quite a bit if cards. I finally have enough time that I can spend tonight and tomorrow putting then in a card binder, but I'm stuck on how to organize it.

Should I have a section per series? Should I have a section per game/color?

What are some problems you all have run into?

Honestly, you have a lot of options.

If you'd like, you could go by series, color, both etc. If you play the game, you could set up certain pages to hold your decks/theory decks. A few other things you could do is sort by promotion or cost, support, attack, etc.

There's a lot of variety so anything that sounds or looks good to you is probably best.

I've seen two different systems:

1. Sort by rarity, then color, then series.
2. Sort by series, then rarity, then color.

Cipher's a little confusing since there's a lot of things to consider when looking for a card.  Chances are, what works for you probably isn't something I mentioned.  Regardless, good luck.

34 minutes ago, Captain Karnage said:

Sorting by set number is probably the easiest way.

Kinda depends?  I'm not sure what the purpose of the binder is.  Back when I had a trade binder, it was mostly by rarity (different CCG, but similar concepts).

5 minutes ago, eclipse said:

Kinda depends?  I'm not sure what the purpose of the binder is.  Back when I had a trade binder, it was mostly by rarity (different CCG, but similar concepts).

For trade binders that's what most people do

When you're just going for a complete set going by the collector's number is an easy way to lay everything out since it goes from something like 1-100 + promo/alt art cards

Thanks for the feedback folks. I think based on this I'm going to sort by color, then rarity, then series.  I'm going for a binder to have on a shelf and show people, but I'll probably end up also using it as a trade binder. I dont play or plan on playing, so I strictly collect for the character art.

I'm only collecting (no decks), so I've sorted everything by Series/Set Number. Then R+/SR+ for the next page or two, then PR cards for the corresponding set. It's much easier to see what cards I'm missing that way, and it shows all the cards in a organized order. Duplicates for N/HN are stored by series/set numbers in carboard boxes, while duplicates for R/SR/PR are stored in another binder, sorted by Series/Set number yet again. As someone who sold/traded over 1000 cards in the past couple of years, it was faster to find the cards that way.

Edited by jiayejoe

• 6 months later...

Hi, guys. I have a question about organizing a starter deck foils in my binder. For my foils, I organize them by color first (in the order of red, blue, white, black, white/black, green, purple, yellow, brown, colorless), then within each color, starter deck first, then by booster foil numbers: I think it is a nice way to group the characters from same saga. So when I put my cards in the binder, where do you think the cards that are originally non-foil in booster but became foil in starter deck set (whose code starts with B but ends with ST+ as seen below), would belong? put them together starter deck exclusive foils or just treat them as booster pack cards? Your feedback on the preference would be appreciated

B01-003%2B.pngFile:B01-053+.pngFile:B03-008+.png