So what do you guys play when your Fire Emblemed out?

JubileePhoenix

Playing Three houses, on top of Blazing Sword, on top of agreeing to a bow class only run of Conquest (and wining the challenged). My mind needs a break for Fire Emblem. So I'm interested, what do you guys play when you need some time off Fire Emblem?   

Edited by JubileePhoenix

It really all depends on what I'm interested in playing. I tend to play in spurts. I'll play one game for a couple weeks, move on to the next game, etc. 

Right now, however, I've been playing Three Houses. But, when I don't feel like playing Three Houses or I only have 20 minutes because of University, I play Smash Bros. Ultimate. 

Smash is an easy game to go back to. Now that I'm home from college for a month and I have access to my Wii U I think I'm gonna play some old Zelda games. 

In general when I'm bored of FE I switch to a game that isn't turn-based. It's usually a fighting game, which is the complete opposite of FE- instead of sitting thinking for a while about your choices you're not really allowed to think at all.

16 minutes ago, vanguard333 said:

It really all depends on what I'm interested in playing. I tend to play in spurts. I'll play one game for a couple weeks, move on to the next game, etc. 

Right now, however, I've been playing Three Houses. But, when I don't feel like playing Three Houses or I only have 20 minutes because of University, I play Smash Bros. Ultimate. 

This is me, but with Skyrim. I goes, play a game, Skyrim, Play a new game, Skyrim, etc. Skyrim just dose something for me,  I can;t explain why i always go back it it. 

1 minute ago, Brave Lance said:

Smash is an easy game to go back to. Now that I'm home from college for a month and I have access to my Wii U I think I'm gonna play some old Zelda games. 

In general when I'm bored of FE I switch to a game that isn't turn-based. It's usually a fighting game, which is the complete opposite of FE- instead of sitting thinking for a while about your choices you're not really allowed to think at all.

People just love smash in here. Also maybe i could play Twilight Princess again , its been years.

i kind of have this problem where i get sick of turn based rpg's but the only games i haven't play/ are interested are turn based rpg's. welp. 

i'm a huge jrpg fan, so my top choices are... well... square enix games

final fantasy, kingdom hearts, dragon quest, octopath, bravely

but generally i play smash when i really need to take a break

now that i think about it, FE games might be the ones i play the least, overall

Edited by Yexin

I often default to playing Fallout or the Elder Scrolls.  More specifically, I will usually play Fallout: New Vegas and Skyrim, but sometimes I'll be in the mood for other games in those franchises.

If I'm not in the mood for that, then I'll go down a massive line of games in my possession.  Though typically I'll settle on one of these:

• Soulcalibur - more specifically II, III, or now VI (the last one mostly because I have yet to fully complete it)
  • Valkyria Chronicles - because
Spoiler

sometimes I just want to cry watching Isara die all over again.

• Saints Row - usually 2, but sometimes am in the mood for 3 or 4 (once again, haven't beaten 4 ever, and I may never beat it)
  • Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 - because the first game just isn't worth going back to
  • N64 Zelda games - both Majora's Mask and Ocarina of Time are good for a spur-of-the-moment playthrough
  • Zelda: A Link to the Past - this also is a good fallback, I have very fond memories with this one
  • Zelda: Breath of the Wild - usually play while I'm watching something on YouTube these days
  • Super Mario Sunshine - dunno why I prefer going back to this over other Mario games, it's just really fun
  • Metal Gear Solid - doesn't matter which entry in the series, I'll be in the mood to play just about any of them, I just love this franchise that much
  • Mass Effect - when I go back to this game, I have to always start with the first one, even if it isn't as fun as 2; there's just too much to the trilogy as a whole to skip around, imo
  • The Sims - at this point, usually 2 or 4 because they don't take an eternity to load
  • Tony Hawk's Underground - sometimes I'm just down to mash to some stanky punk and rage at Eric Sparrow in all his shit-filled-pants glory
  • Dragon's Dogma - when I really start to run out of games I want to play, I'll give this another whirl and usually get bored by the cardboard characters
  • Super Smash Bros - when I really start running out of games, I'll go for some Smash (usually Ultimate these days, although I yearn for the singleplayer experiences Melee and Brawl offered)
  • Multiplayer games - on the very rare occasion someone's actually available to play a game with me at the same time as I'm ready to play something, we'll default to one of the previous games I listed that have online multiplayer (or local multiplayer if they're at my house or I'm at a party)
  • Fire Emblem Warriors - when all else fails, play the game that might spike my interest in mainline FE games once more
9 hours ago, JubileePhoenix said:

This is me, but with Skyrim. I goes, play a game, Skyrim, Play a new game, Skyrim, etc. Skyrim just dose something for me,  I can;t explain why i always go back it it. 

It's because you just never get tired of seeing this over and over again:

Spoiler

Oh geez.... let's see... I play Advance Wars: Dual Strike (ds), LBX: Little Battlers eXperience (3ds), XCOM 2: WOTC (PC), Almost any Command and Conquer game (PC), Fossil Fighters Champions (ds), The Nancy Drew mystery Games (PC), and probably way too many others.

Zelda, SMT, Xenoblade, Astral Chain and Bayonetta are the other series I like to play.  This reminds me I should replay Bayonetta 2 in the next 10 day because Santa Rodin.

Right now i am playing pathfinder kingmaker whit an echlesiteurge that i am planning to dip into monk later in the game to add a shitload of armor class. 

Divine spellcasters always are, and always will be, the strongest class in  d20 and no one will ever convince me of the opposite. I know little of 5e, but i am already going to bet on moon druid for best class of BG 3.

When I was quite turned off by people's opinions on Echoes, and when I got sick of Fates Conquest and decided not to touch anything Nintendo-related for a while... 

I played Persona 4 Golden, Persona 4 Dancing All Night (story mode), and Persona 3 Portable, courtesy of Tokyo Mirage Sessions. Now I am playing World of Final Fantasy, and I am thinking of either getting Catherine: Full Body, Persona 5 Royal, or Final Fantasy 12. I intend to come back to Fire Emblem with TMS Encore and Three Houses.

Edited by henrymidfields

I get Fire Emblem’d out pretty easy so I have tons of games to back me up. I either replay a series or play a new game that I found somewhere. Right now I’m just playing Shadow Resonance Refrain. I did play a lot of Persona at some point though.

Edited by OrcaWolf