What non-sword FE character do you want in Smash?

Perkilator

Just as the title says. Sick of swords? This thread is the place for you.

My pick is Claude von Riegan, and I even made a moveset for him:

Spoiler

Intro: Claude jumps off from his wyvern and gets into stance.

Stance/Idle 1: His pre-timeskip default stance from Three Houses.

Idle 2: Claude brushes back his hair with his left hand.

Idle 3: Claude puts his arrow in its holster and cracks his knuckles while yawning.

Notable Palette Swaps: Lorenz (pre-TS), Raphael (post-TS), Ignatz (post-TS), Lysithea (post-TS), Marianne (pre-TS), Hilda (pre-TS), Leonie (post-TS)

Walk: Claude walks with his hands behind his head, arrow in his pocket.

Dash: His running animation from Three Houses.

Damage: His damage animation from Three Houses.

Jump: A normal human jump, followed by a spinning double jump.

Crouch: Claude crouches down like a normal person, arrow in his right hand still.

Weapon of Choice: The Failnaught bow, a Hero’s Relic tied to Claude’s Crest of Reigan (refer to Byleth for energy consumption). When it runs out of energy, Claude will switch to an Iron Bow.

A,A,A: A jab with his arrow, another with his bow, and then an arrow shot (14% with Failnaught, OK knockback; 11% with Iron Bow, small knockback)

Forward+A: Claude thrusts his arrow forward (12% with Failnaught, OK knockback; 9% with Iron Bow, small knockback)

Down+A: Claude throws an arrow from the ground (8%, small knockback)

Up+A: Claude thrusts his arrow upward (9%, small knockback)

Air+A: Claude swings his bow in a 360o spin (15% with Failnaught, OK knockback; 11% with Iron Bow, OK knockback)

Air Forward+A: Claude swings his bow forward (16% with Failnaught, medium knockback; 12% with Iron Bow, OK knockback)

Air Back + A: Claude turns upside down and fires an arrow (15% with Failnaught, OK knockback; 9% with Iron Bow, small knockback)

Air Up+A: Claude twirls his arrow around (8%, small knockback)

Air Down+A: Claude fires an arrow, which slightly pushes him back (14% with Failnaught, OK knockback; 9% with Iron Bow, small knockback)

Dash Attack: Claude hops into the air and does a brief knee jab with his right knee (13%, OK knockback)

Edge Attack: Claude does a low sweep with his left foot (9%, small knockback)

Smash Moves

Back+A: Claude fires a powerful arrow shot (24% with Failnaught, medium knockback; 16% with Iron Bow, OK knockback). You can slightly angle the shot with the control stick.

Forward+A: Claude slams his bow down on the ground (21%, with Failnaught, medium knockback; 15% with Iron Bow, OK knockback)

Up+A: Claude fires three arrows at once (9% per hit with Failnaught, medium knockback; 5% per hit with Iron Bow, OK knockback)

Down+A: Claude swings his bow in a downward 360o spin (21% with Failnaught, medium knockback; 17% with Iron Bow, OK knockback)

Grab: Claude grabs the opponent with his bow.

Pummel: Claude butts the opponent with the rear end of his arrow (5%)

Forwards+Throw: Claude shoots his opponent out of his arrow like a bow (17% with Failnaught, OK knockback; 14% with Iron Bow, OK knockback)

Down+Throw: Claude simply pushes down the opponent (14%, OK knockback)

Back+Throw: Claude kicks the opponent behind him (10%, small knockback)

Up+Throw: Claude spins around twice and chucks the opponent out of his bow (13%, OK knockback)

Special Moves

B : Gambit Battalion; Starting off with around 40 Battalion Endurance, Claude may choose between one of three battalion formations: Disturbance, Fusillade, and Group Magic.

Disturbance (4 EP): A group of soldiers charges forward and rams into the opponent, briefly stunning them afterwards (19%, medium knockback)

Fusillade (7 EP): A rain of arrows diagonally downwards in whatever direction Claude is facing. It has a moderate chance of a meteor effect (16%, medium knockback)

Group Magic (8 EP): Claude commands their mages to perform a cycled magic attack. In this order, the spells are:

>Group Fire: A fiery tornado (22%, medium knockback)

>Group Fimbulvetr: A row of icy stalagmites that freezes opponents (21%, medium knockback)

>Group Thunder: A row of five thunderbolts that has a slight chance of a meteor effect (23%, medium knockback)

>Group Aura: A pillar of light that last for 3 seconds (32%, far knockback)

B + Forwards : Encloser; Claude prepares a shot with a purple aura, and a successful hit will briefly stun the opponent (22% with Failnaught, medium knockback after 3 seconds; 17% with Iron Bow, OK knockback after 2 seconds)

B + Up : Curved Shot; Claude aims his bow behind himself that sends him flying at a 90o angle (21% with Failnaught, medium knockback; 15% with Iron Bow, OK knockback)

B + Down : Charming Bouquet; Claude tosses a bouquet of flowers in front of him, lowering the enemy’s defense by a quarter (half with female fighters), and raising his allies’ attack by a quarter (double with female fighters).

Final Smash: Fallen Star; Claude fires an arrow with a red aura, and opponents hit will be sent into a cutscene where Claude’s battalion uses Ashes and Dust (29%), and then Claude finishes off with a final arrow blast (33%; 62% total, far knockback)

Gimmick: Crest of Riegan; restores damage equal to 30% damage dealt when using special moves.

Taunts:

1: Claude puts his bow on his back and blows a kiss with his left hand.

2: “You guys done yet?” Claude sticks out his arrow hand and lifts up his head.

1+2: Claude puts his hand on his hip and laughs nonchalantly.

Winposes:

1: “That’s the Golden Deer for ya!” His victory animation from Three Houses.

2: “First time?” Claude drinks a cup of tea sitting at a fancy snack table.

3: “Not ‘luck’. Just fate.” Claude stretches out his right arm and faces the camera.

Icon: The Falchion

Boxing Ring Title: The Charming Schemer

Victory MusicVictory! Fire Emblem series

Kirby Hat: Claude’s hair

Claude is a great choice.

I most likely see them adding Edelgard or Hector with an axe moveset. Would be cool if one of them is the echo fighter of the other. I would find it weird if they didn't have any Three Houses representation, given how big it is.

Non-sword characters I would like to see are:

• Dimitri/Ephraim
  • Dorothea/Lysithea/Julia (echo fighter of Zelda)
  • Claude/Takumi/Lyn (with a bow moveset)

Since 3H is doing really well I don't think I'd be alone in saying that any of the main three lords would be a neat addition. I wouldn't mind seeing Ephriam or Takumi, though... What about Celica? She might work too 😄

I know I'm very much alone in saying this, but I do NOT want any 3H reps for Smash. I'd actually prefer a Heroes rep, like Commander Anna or my personal pick, Fjorm. I didn't think much of her at first, but I'll admit she's grown on me over the two years since her addition to FEH. Barring such obvious answers as a Lance or Axe user, I think a Dagger Unit like Jaffar makes more sense for a unique Smash moveset.

Honestly Edelgard would be awesome. Axe user, represents 3 houses nicely, and is our first villain rep for the franchise.

But I would absolutely love to see Anna be added. She deserves to atleast be an assist trophy due to her recurring status in the series.

your claude moveset is really nice and well thought, but honestly i'd like not to see any 3H character, simpli because if that happens, the excuse for rex not being a character which sakurai gave us would be complete bullshit, and i don't want that

anyway, i'd like to see a purely magic-based fighter, maybe levin, soren or micaiah, even though i'm well aware that they have something like 0% chances of being added in smash

I'm going with a far more out there suggestion. I'd like to see Dorcas. I don't care how stupid that seems. I just want to see Dorcas in Smash. I want to see people ask "why is a minor low-tier axe-user from the GBA era in Smash". I want to watch as he rises the tier lists as he's inexplicably got a good kit for a character that was one of the worst in his own game (much like Roy). I want to see him go from guy no-one knows to a beloved rep for the series. All because I like Dorcas, even though he's objectively not very bright or a good unit.

Yep. I want something so ridiculous it's never going to happen. I'd say it's almost as low a chance as getting CD-i Zelda re-releases... or the virtual boy Wario Land remade. Oddly enough both things I'd like for the historical value. Because I'm weird.

@Silafante let's spam this thread with requests for Dimitri.

Aside from him, though, most of my picks would be extremely far-fetched.  Like, I'd be the one guy petitioning for Oboro, Annette, Tharja, and various other minor FE characters to get in Smash.  For a FE character that isn't a Three Houses rep, isn't a minor character, and isn't a sword wielder... I'd probably just roll with Hector.  Or maybe Takumi.  Because what Smash really needs is more attitude, and both Takumi and Hector bring just that.

18 minutes ago, Ertrick36 said:

Because what Smash really needs is more attitude, and both Takumi and Hector bring just that.

Or my boy Vaike.

To be honest,  a vast majority of the main characters are all sword users unfortunately, so getting ones who don't use swords would be hard. The ones you mentioned are the only ones I can think of that don't use swords. Excluding the Fates siblings I guess. (and 3H, which I haven't played and know little about)

Edited by Srlojohn

Hector, Claude, or Dimitri for non-sword lords

One idea I've had for a Heroes rep though is the Summoner as a Pokemon Trainer type character who summons Alfonse, Sharena, and Anna, who each represent the weapon triangle and can be switched between each other

8 hours ago, SoulWeaver said:

I know I'm very much alone in saying this, but I do NOT want any 3H reps for Smash

I know I'm very, very much alone in saying this, but I do NOT want any more Fire Emblem reps for Smash. The series is over-represented in Smash as it is.

1 hour ago, Ertrick36 said:

For a FE character that isn't a Three Houses rep, isn't a minor character, and isn't a sword wielder... I'd probably just roll with Hector. 

If Hector isn't a minor character, why is he a support spirit and not a primary spirit like Lyn and Eliwood are?

Here's my List, along with some ideas for how they could work:

Micaiah: 

• Her moveset plays as something reminiscent of Zelda, but with very clear differences.
  • Her abilities are light magic and staves. Unlike Robin, Yune's blessing means that Micaiah can use them as many times as she wants.
  • Her down special acts as a counter, but a bit differently from the usual FE fighter counter: she dodges, and Sothe appears behind the opponent and strikes. 

House Leaders:

• Edelgard, Dimitri and Claude, with Byleth in the background instructing, similarly to Pokemon Trainer. One can swap between them at any time. 
  • They look like they do in Part 1 in their student outfits. 
  • Edelgard hits hard with axes and magic, but her melee range is short compared to most FE fighters. She herself is also short, yet also a heavy fighter; making her hard to KO. 
  • Dimitri has excellent reach thanks to his lance as well as a tip effect similar to Marth. However, he lacks a ranged option outside of javelins. 
  • Claude has excellent ranged capabilities thanks to his bow, and he has plenty of tricks up his sleeve, but he struggles at melee range. He's also the weakest defensively of the three. 
  • Their final smash is Gambit Boost. 

What do you guys think? Seriously; I would appreciate feedback. 

EDIT: @Perkilator If you created a moveset for Claude, why didn't you put it in the thread for creating movesets for characters?

Edited by vanguard333

2 minutes ago, NinjaMonkey said:

I know I'm very, very much alone in saying this, but I do NOT want any more Fire Emblem reps for Smash. The series is over-represented in Smash as it is.

But this thread is about adding in FE characters... whether or not they're over represented is irrelevant to the topic.

Anyways, at this point I don't mind who it is, anybody is fair game, if I had to pick, I would choose Claude, though.

25 minutes ago, NinjaMonkey said:

If Hector isn't a minor character, why is he a support spirit and not a primary spirit like Lyn and Eliwood are?

Oh trust me, I don't want any more Fire Emblem characters either. I'd rather we get new characters from franchises that are long overdue for a new character such as Zelda or Kirby.

If the next game in the series is truly going to be remakes of fe 4, and 5. I would think that sakuri would add Sigurd or his son sorry haven't played Genealogy of the holy war. I could also see leif but he uses swords I believe. I am sorry if sigurd uses them to.  

If we are getting the binding blade remaster I would think we would see Lilina, we could also have our first villain in smash with Zephial or would could get an antaginst from genealogy or thracia which would be pretty cool.

Movesets got me I don't enough about these characters to say anything about them.

I think adding Claude to Smash would be an excellent choice, and my top choice from 3 Houses. However, I would defenitely like a FE8 character to make an appearance in Smash. Top Choices: Seth and Ephraim. I've been wanting both in Smash for a very long time, and I hope at least one can be added. Seth may be a little bit of a stretch, but Ephraim would definitely be a very practical and good addition to the Smash universe. There needs to be a lance user. It's hard to think of any good axe user (for me) apart from Edelgard and Hector, but I think Hector is already in the game as a trophy, and if they add Claude I don't think Edelgard is going to make it. 

(Off topic: but Pheonix Wright should be in Smash.) 

Caeda and Lilina would be nice. A lance wielder and pure tome user would add some more novel movesets to Smash, and I enjoy having love interests as playable characters. The tricky part with Caeda is how to incorporate her pegasus. Making her a full-time mounted fighter seems impractical, but she could have a mount special that allows her to temporarily ride a pegasus. Or she could sprout a pair of wings for extra jumps and certain moves.

Edited by Lord_Brand

1 hour ago, Etheus said:

Byleth, as a Pokemon trainer type character using all three lords. 

Sothe and Micaiah as an Ice Climbers style tagteam. 

That's almost the same as my suggestion. Great minds think alike; I guess

Though, given how different Sothe and Micaiah are (him being a tall dagger-wielding rogue, her being a somewhat-short light mage), it might make more sense for only one of them to appear most of the time, and the other just appears for support, such as if Sothe appearing was Micaiah's down special. 

On 12/15/2019 at 8:19 AM, NinjaMonkey said:

8836A089-D641-46D8-94E2-505383B16C8E.thumb.png.1ffbec7d778983ce59d13fdb89b1bf10.png

...Still relevant and still funny.

Obvious answer is of course that FE isn’t as ‘mainline’ a series for Nintendo as Mario or Pokémon, to which I point at the success of the last couple games. FE really is getting to be a pretty big deal nowadays, so I’m personally bracing for an FE DLC character even though - like you - I’d rather not see another FE rep when there are so many other potential options out there(join me in our very-very-aloneness). It’s also why I hate Pirahna Plant, Rosalina, and the Koopalings, incidentally.

This being said, though, I feel like you did kind of miss the point of the thread - the whole idea was ‘assume we are getting another FE rep and we’re finally getting a not-Sword Unit, which poison would you pick?’ Getting your opinion out is nice and all, but in this specific thread it looks like it’s more geared towards trying to pick a fight with someone, which kind of sounds like a waste of time if you ask me.

9 minutes ago, SoulWeaver said:

8836A089-D641-46D8-94E2-505383B16C8E.thumb.png.1ffbec7d778983ce59d13fdb89b1bf10.png

...Still relevant and still funny.

Obvious answer is of course that FE isn’t as ‘mainline’ a series for Nintendo as Mario or Pokémon, to which I point at the success of the last couple games. FE really is getting to be a pretty big deal nowadays, so I’m personally bracing for an FE DLC character even though - like you - I’d rather not see another FE rep when there are so many other potential options out there(join me in our very-very-aloneness). It’s also why I hate Pirahna Plant, Rosalina, and the Koopalings, incidentally.

This being said, though, I feel like you did kind of miss the point of the thread - the whole idea was ‘assume we are getting another FE rep and we’re finally getting a not-Sword Unit, which poison would you pick?’ Getting your opinion out is nice and all, but in this specific thread it looks like it’s more geared towards trying to pick a fight with someone, which kind of sounds like a waste of time if you ask me.

I think what annoys me more than Fire Emblem having seven characters is the fact that it has more characters than Zelda, one of Nintendo's big 3 franchises along with Mario and Pokemon

25 minutes ago, Gregster101 said:

I think what annoys me more than Fire Emblem having seven characters is the fact that it has more characters than Zelda, one of Nintendo's big 3 franchises along with Mario and Pokemon

The gap between FE and Zelda is shrinking.

Also, this is Zelda's fault. Not Fire Emblem's. Fire Emblem has almost 600 named characters. Zelda has dozens, most of whom are of no consequence. There are reasonable ways of expanding that (Zant, Ghirahim, Impa, and Skull Kid), but you're mostly looking at characters who don't do anything. Or Tingle. Fuck Tingle.