Thracia 776 item glitch

UFVKNP

I've been playing through Thracia 776 on and off for a little while, and I'm currently on chapter 4x. Something really, really weird happened while I was playing.

A couple units were in trouble and Lara had a vulnerary, so I had her trade it away to use it on the next turn. Once all the enemies were gone, I got my team healed back up and went to continue on with the chapter - and Lara's lockpick had disappeared from her inventory, so I was effectively soft-locked. The armorslayer that she was holding was gone, too. I don't remember if Lifis had a lockpick at the end of chapter 4, but I'm willing to bet it had broken or something, because it wasn't there at the beginning of 4x.

Luckily, I had a save state at the beginning of the chapter, so I wasn't totally doomed, but that glitch still threw me for a loop. Any ideas on what the cause might be? I'd hate for this to happen again down the line.

16 minutes ago, UFVKNP said:

Luckily, I had a save state at the beginning of the chapter, so I wasn't totally doomed, but that glitch still threw me for a loop. Any ideas on what the cause might be? I'd hate for this to happen again down the line.

Was she briefly captured by an enemy? When enemies capture characters in FE5 they immediately add that character's inventory to their own (barring signature weapons and crusader scrolls), and the only way of getting their inventory back is steal it back, or capture the enemy that grabbed her.