New and looking for friends

Lightningdawn

Hi, I'm Lightning, a recently mostly-friendless, homeschooled girl who found this place in the middle of the night, remembered the fun times she had when she was younger on other forums, and joined. My favorite Fire Emblem character is easily Kris - I absolutely adore her! I've played Shadow Dragon, New Mystery, Awakening, Fates and Heroes, so I'm a little more on the modern side of the fanbase, but I do hope to play the older titles at some point. Hope to make some friends!

Hello.

Spoiler
11 hours ago, Lightningdawn said:

My favorite Fire Emblem character is easily Kris

why.

Spoiler

alright it's a joke calm down everyone

New Mystery of the Emblem has gotten my attention somewhat recently because it seems very fast and I don't know much about it, which is perfect! Maybe it will give me that Path of Radiance (FE9) experience of wanting to use everyone again.

Play Echoes, it's good and since you're a bit on the modern side I think you would grow accustomed to it.

FE8 (the Sacred Stones) is also a good starting point for the GBA games.

Have fun!

Thanks for the welcome, y'all! I know my choice of favorite character is unusual, but hey, someone's gotta love the less popular ones lol.

I do own Echoes, I played a little bit of it but Celica's route just bored me too much. Maybe I should go back to it. I also recently picked up Radiant Dawn but wondering if I should wait to get Path of Radiance before that.

Glad to be here!

2 hours ago, Lightningdawn said:

I know my choice of favorite character is unusual, but hey, someone's gotta love the less popular ones lol.

Lol.... who's to blame for this.... not me nu-huh.... lol

2 hours ago, Lightningdawn said:

I do own Echoes, I played a little bit of it but Celica's route just bored me too much. Maybe I should go back to it. I also recently picked up Radiant Dawn but wondering if I should wait to get Path of Radiance before that.

That sucks to hear, Celica's party can be more boring in general I guess. Radiant Dawn is good and you can play it without PoR but you'll miss some references and other things too. And do you mean to have a physical copy of the game? Just emulate it then, it's really easy.

It is rare for people joining this forum to actually admit that they're joining because they're looking for friends.

Anyway, hello, and welcome to the forest!
Enjoy it around here~

If I may ask, what makes New Mystery your favorite game and why is Kris your favorite character? Your tastes are a bit... unusual.

7 hours ago, Julius Nepos said:

If I may ask, what makes New Mystery your favorite game and why is Kris your favorite character? Your tastes are a bit... unusual.

New Mystery is my favorite because it feels like a sort of...meeting ground between older and newer titles. It has most of the aspects I liked from Awakening - an avatar creator, faster combat, while still having the challenge of the older games, which admittedly, I haven't played, but getting into FE, one of my gripes was that it felt too easy at times. I also really, really like the characters - Shadow Dragon's cast always stood out to me even though I didn't have that much fun with SD itself, so NMOTE felt way better since I could have the cast in what is (imo) a better game. The music is great, too.

As for Kris...I found myself really relating to her in my playthrough, more than I ever did Robin or Corrin. Getting to choose her background probably played a bit of a part in that. I admired her devotion to Marth, loved her somewhat awkward way of interacting with people, and just found myself silently rooting for her in a way I've never really felt with another FE character. Her terrible fashion sense made me laugh, her struggle with femininity was something I related to... I guess I'm just biased all the way to her. She never seemed as spotlight stealing as everyone claimed - maybe that's because I had played Awakening and Fates beforehand, so I was used to the avatar being the central character, so any passive-role avatar didn't seem as attention hogging. I just love her all the way, and I'm completely unashamed to say that lol. Plus, her default appearance is great. I cosplayed it last spring, even!

And thanks for the welcome - you and everyone else!

Edited by Lightningdawn

Welcome! Wished New Mystery came out in the states but I did have the pleasure of playing it in Japanese with an imported copy. Kris started the avatar trend so that's a pretty cool favorite character. Are you someone who is low-key but also a trend starter? 🙃

I'm a self-proclaimed FE4 master with Sigurd as my favorite character. Are you planning on getting Three Houses? 

Edited by MasterJP28

1 hour ago, Lightningdawn said:

Perhaps so, lol!

Ooh, cool! I hope to someday play FE4. I own Three Houses, but I haven't played much besides one chapter of Golden Deer due to being ill these past few months.

Let me know if you start FE4. Most people that are used to the new games get frustrated by FE4's mechanics, but I have the remedy for it. lol

Sorry to hear you've been ill. Get well soon!

Edited by MasterJP28