A New Legendary Hero Arrives! Celica: Queen of Valentia - Dec. 25th Christmas Day!

Anacybele

I was guessing either this or Edelgard. I actually called it right for once! I really like how she looks, actually. That outfit is pretty. But while I don't dislike her, Celica's not a real favorite for me, so I'm saving orbs and seeing who's going to be on the New Year banner. Would be cool to have her alongside my legendary Alm tho...

Edited by Anacybele

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Red: Ehhhhhhh. I have all those legendary heroes, so no need there.

Blue: Only need Dimitri, gotta pass.

Green: FREAKING STACKED. And I need them all. Pulling here for sure. Celica's B skill is just.... broken af.

Colourless: Kind of Meh. Don't need another Eir and Claude/Robin aren't that enticing.

Celica finally gets an alt that's not red. That said, looks like Seraphim went the way of the original Naga or something, I'm pretty sure it's supposed to be light magic.

I'm conflicted on how much I want to pull certain colors. Green would be a good option since I have none of them. Red is a hit-and-miss. Don't want to get another Ike, I already have a good Hrid but DC is always welcome, and I want Roy. Blue would be okay because I need another Naga and lack Dmitri, but I'm REALLY not looking forward to getting a second Peony. Colorless is in the same boat, where I could use another Grima and Claude would be good, but I don't need Eir.

Decisions, decisions.

We posted at the exact same time this time, Coolmanio, damn. But yours is getting replies, so I guess you still win there. xP

Anyway, I want to save my orbs because Celica's cool here, but not a real fav... But now I see both RD Ike AND Hrid are here too and Dimitri is there as well. Damn it all. DX I've a new fondness for Dimitri after playing his route in TH and I don't have him in Heroes yet. And I want to merge RD Ike more and I'd love to merge Hrid more too. Man, IS, you really threw me juicy stuff this time!

I did know that RD Ike was coming back this month, but I forgot. Hrid for some reason I didn't know was going to be there. I just totally missed that for some reason.

1 minute ago, Sunwoo said:

Celica finally gets an alt that's not red. That said, looks like Seraphim went the way of the original Naga or something, I'm pretty sure it's supposed to be light magic.

I'm conflicted on how much I want to pull certain colors. Green would be a good option since I have none of them. Red is a hit-and-miss. Don't want to get another Ike, I already have a good Hrid but DC is always welcome, and I want Roy. Blue would be okay because I need another Naga and lack Dmitri, but I'm REALLY not looking forward to getting a second Peony. Colorless is in the same boat, where I could use another Grima and Claude would be good, but I don't need Eir.

Decisions, decisions.

If I had to guess, them going with green for Celica might be a callback to Celica's Gale from Awakening. Who can say really though.

Looks like I can almost pull full circles. I really need Thrasir, Eir, Naga. Wouldn't mind Edelgard, Dimitri, Claude, or even a second Peony. Celica looks cool too. Just have to avoid red on this one, should't be to hard. RIP my orbs

*alm voice* CELICAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Anyway, now that I got that out of my throat, it's cool to see Celica finally get a legendary variant as her Rigain overclass to match with Conqueror Alm. I'l try to free summon her for sure, but after that I'm still gonna hoard my orbs for Jill.

I want Claude omg but the thought of getting another Eir scares me lol. I STILL need Grima, too...

I have Edelgard, but don’t have Thrasir, nor do I care for her much... despite me not really caring for El much either, I’ll throw a couple orbs at green and see if I can get Celica! She looks great!

Red... I don’t need any of them lol so I’m 100% avoiding.

Blue... I have 2 Dimitri, and I don’t need another Peony... Naga I don’t care for... green and a bit of colorless it is then!

NO SEASONALS!! Are Duo Heroes banners a new thing? Dang... seems to be a good deal...

the fact that Dimitri is on the banner with Celica (voiced by Lindbeck) knowing how complete and utter thirsty EL is for Dimitri amuses me to no end. 

They legit skipped a season al(two in fact). So this is really confusing me what's gonna be up moving forward.

the only 3H lord I don't have is DImitri (and by extension Female Byleth)

My wish for a Celica alt that wasn't red finally came true. Green would be the color I pull for since I would really like to have L!Celica but I have no need for Thrasir or Edelgard so I will just do a free pull and wait until the next time L!Celica shows up on a Legendary banner with more desirable units.

Merged the two threads. Ana's thread was first.

Celica as a green tome with Seraphim was not surprising. Same with her kit.

Seraphim is just Lunar Arc as a tome. Instead of bonus damage on a Special, she gets Desperation tacked onto Null Follow-Up. It looks like they just really want me to pull for Winter Sothis or something.

I feel like she ended up being green instead of blue solely for gameplay reasons (the best Res tanks in the game are green), which kind of annoys me.

Thrasir sharing Celica's color is good news for me. Edelgard is a decent consolation prize, too.

I'm a bit interested in the fact that they gave Seraphim's skill name a prefix. The only other time we got a weapon with a prefix without an unprefixed version already existing was Ophelia's Missiletainn, and we got Owain's unprefixed Missiletainn shortly afterwards. (Ophelia's Missiletainn is prefixed in Japanese as "Magic Tome Missiletainn", but the localization team sucks and dropped it in English.) I wonder if we're getting another Echoes banner in the near future.

Edited by Ice Dragon

Green>blue>colourless>red for me. I would love Edelgard merges. Celica is nice and Thrasir has panic smoke which could be useful on Brave Micaiah or if I ever decide to build a dagger unit. 

Blue has Dimitri who I'd like to have and Peony merges are welcome. I need a second astra mythic hero so Naga is nice. 

Colourless has Claude's who has lull spd/res which would be nice on Eliwood. I would like Eir merges and don't have F!Grima. 

Red has Ike who I already have at +1 so I don't need him. I don't have Hrid and he also has DC. I don't have Roy but don't want him nor does he have good fodder. 

7 minutes ago, Coolmanio said:

Ah yes, but staves still have those pesky restrictions.

Staves have access to Atk/Spd Push 4, which is right in the middle of the pack for offensive A skills (same stat boost as Life and Death 4), and Dazzling Staff is a comparable (though more expensive) substitute for Desperation. Add the fact that Brave Camilla's weapon has an actual combat effect on top of Dazzling Staff and Gravity+ and Brave Camilla is basically the game's first "real" colorless mage. She doesn't have access to offensive Special skills or movement Assist skills, but those aren't too much of a hit against her performance.

Edited by Ice Dragon

1 minute ago, Ice Dragon said:

Staves have access to Atk/Spd Push 4, which is right in the middle of the pack for offensive A skills (same stat boost as Life and Death 4), and Dazzling Staff is a comparable (though more expensive) substitute for Desperation. Add the fact that Brave Camilla's weapon has an actual combat effect on top of Dazzling Staff and Gravity+ and Brave Camilla is basically the game's first "real" colorless mage. She doesn't have access to offensive Special skills or movement Assist skills, but those aren't too much of a hit against her performance.

But they can't use offensive specials. 

5 minutes ago, Icelerate said:

But they can't use offensive specials. 

I know.

7 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

She doesn't have access to offensive Special skills or movement Assist skills, but those aren't too much of a hit against her performance.

Tome units can't use Special skills consistently after they've dropped to Desperation range anyways (unless they run Heavy Blade or Flashing Blade in the Sacred Seal slot), so it isn't much of an issue. There's also the fact that Dazzling Staff is safer than Desperation, so unless the opponent has Null C-Disrupt, you aren't as hard-pressed to make sure the opponent is dead after the second hit.

5 minutes ago, ZeManaphy said:

Meh. Seems kind of average, though Null Follow up + Desperation seems pretty slick. Not a fan of Celica, so I’ll pass. 

Is it just me or does Lindbeck sound a bit more high pitched?

She's excited because her husbando Dimitri is on the Banner~