What are your favorite marvel movies

End of time

The first Captain America is my favorite. It's just really patriotic and uplifting, and does have the standard Marvel-style humor but it's early enough in the MCU that it isn't really that on-the-nose. Not sure if that's understandable but I guess my general point is that it's funny without having comedy feel like the focus of the movie. It's tonally very focused on just making you feel inspired, and Steve Rogers sure as hell does the job for me.

Also, the soundtrack is criminally underrated.

Might be a bit overdone, but I'll have to say Endgame, though Doctor Strange comes really close. 

There was just something magical going to see Endgame opening night in theatres, seeing years of buildup, years of development, all come together in one three hour adventure. Seeing Cap prove he's worthy, seeing everyone come together to take on the Mad Titan, seeing Tony and Peter reunite, seeing Wanda body Thanos, seeing Carol destroy sanctuary, and seeing Tony take the ultimate sacrifice. It's far from the best of the marvel movies, but none of the other movies come anywhere close to giving me the same feelings I felt watching Endgame that day, not even Infinity War, enough to make it one of my all time favorite movies. 

Doctor Strange was the movie that truly made me invested in the MCU. I had seen the movies, sure, but I hadn't really felt that much. The I saw Doctor Strange, and seeing a completely different world, of magic and mysticism, one where conventional wisdom means nothing, made me realize how much there really was to enjoy in the MCU

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

As far as the MCU movies go:

Thor: Ragnarok - Great mix of seriousness and humor here; the Thor/Hulk teamup works surprisingly well; side characters like Valkyrie, Loki, and Jeff Goldbloom are great; I like the core message, about power corrupting, and the need to do better than your past.

Guardians of the Galaxy 2 - Yondu's arc is tremendous; Ego is a great villain who gives Star Lord a real emotional journey; the main cast (including Nebula) just work well together.

Captain America: Civil War - You'll never convince me this is anything but Avengers 2.5; love the drama between everyone, I found both sides relatable; Cap wanting to save his friend is a powerful motivator.

My top favorites are probably Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 1 and Captain America: The First Avenger.

Guardians of the Galaxy is a pretty cheesy at the end with the power of friendship saving the day—and that is exactly how I like my cheese. It was also the last MCU movie I saw with my friends before I moved to New York, so it got a lot of nostalgic and sentimental value there too.

Captain America just screams America, and yeah, it makes me feel good as an American. I also really like the end credits where they showed WWII posters and graphics from that era.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

If we're talking MCU, then I would say Iron Man, all three Captain America movies, and both Spider-Man: Homecoming and Far From Home.

If we're talking in general, then no movie can touch the masterpiece that is Sam Raimi's Spider-Man 2. Best superhero movie ever.

• 2 weeks later...