Ideas to improve FEH (and a place to discuss those ideas, your own and mine!)

MilodicMellodi

10 minutes ago, Super Endriu said:

A guild system could bring some life into otherwise predictable and samey events.

It's honestly the one thing I love about Grand Conquests, albeit in an incredibly muted way. Everyone fights as part of the same army in order to take out the other armies. But an actual Guild system in FEH? That would be awesome!

Heck, if there were guilds in the game people could join, then maybe they could implement a Bank mechanic where you can put your resources in for your guildmates to use (but only if you have a certain "Rank" in the Guild, so as to prevent just players from just making new accounts and putting in their resources before they make another one and repeat). And of course, you'd have to have that same "Rank" to be able to take resources out of the Guild too, to prevent people from just draining the Guilds of their resources. I'd imagine that a lot of players, new and veteran, would love to have a way to get feathers they need. Newer players would be incentivized to join, because they could get easier access to Light's Blessings and the like.

I, uh...used to play Royal Chaos, and I enjoyed how they operated their Guild system.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, eclipse said:

The subscription fee is an absolute pittance compared to the ability to freely trade units to another account (basically, make an alt account, trade over all the good units, and now you have two chances to pull what you want instead of one).  IS would lose a lot of money that way.

There are ways to prevent or discourage abuse like that. Such as being unable to trade with the same account twice, and being unable to trade until you’ve completed the Heroes’ path (which  takes weeks of tier-climbing for a new account)

2 hours ago, eclipse said:

The subscription fee is an absolute pittance compared to the ability to freely trade units to another account (basically, make an alt account, trade over all the good units, and now you have two chances to pull what you want instead of one).  IS would lose a lot of money that way.

i mean sure if your willing to devote the time to do that. They would be making more money then they are now. Guaranteed money every month or some rich kids that can afford to drop 100s of dollars on it if they're parents allow it. From a business standpoint it would be a huge income boost for them. plus it would keep me and others on the game for more then 30-60 mins a day. 

Edited by Zihark11

14 minutes ago, Zihark11 said:

i mean sure if your willing to devote the time to do that. They would be making more money then they are now. Guaranteed money every month or some rich kids that can afford to drop 100s of dollars on it if they're parents allow it. From a business standpoint it would be a huge income boost for them. plus it would keep me and others on the game for more then 30-60 mins a day. 

No, IS would still lose money. All you have to do is get a 5 Star Focus on your free summon, and that unit would be traded over to the other account. Continue to restart, and restart, and restart, always trading 5 Star units to the same account, and you don't spend a dime.

21 minutes ago, Zihark11 said:

You clearly don't understand how these games work. They're not successful because of rich kids using their parents money, but by devoted adults using their own money. Whales essentially fund these games. If this trading system you propose would really make them more money, it would be a much more common practice in these gacha games already.

2 minutes ago, MilodicMellodi said:

No, IS would still lose money. All you have to do is get a 5 Star Focus on your free summon, and that unit would be traded over to the other account. Continue to restart, and restart, and restart, always trading 5 Star units to the same account, and you don't spend a dime.

Im not sure what you mean by restart over and over again. like making an alt account, summon on it get 5 star, trade it then clear your data and then repeat to keep getting 5 stars? otherwise im not sure what you mean. if that is the case you would still have to pay the subscription service on both accounts to be able to trade and when you do payment is taken immidietly for the month. IS still gets money and youd be paying 5 bucks per 5 star still at the point, IS still gets money and your taking time out of your day to use a system thats not designed for that reason

51 minutes ago, MilodicMellodi said:

It's honestly the one thing I love about Grand Conquests, albeit in an incredibly muted way. Everyone fights as part of the same army in order to take out the other armies. But an actual Guild system in FEH? That would be awesome!

Heck, if there were guilds in the game people could join, then maybe they could implement a Bank mechanic where you can put your resources in for your guildmates to use (but only if you have a certain "Rank" in the Guild, so as to prevent just players from just making new accounts and putting in their resources before they make another one and repeat). And of course, you'd have to have that same "Rank" to be able to take resources out of the Guild too, to prevent people from just draining the Guilds of their resources. I'd imagine that a lot of players, new and veteran, would love to have a way to get feathers they need. Newer players would be incentivized to join, because they could get easier access to Light's Blessings and the like.

I, uh...used to play Royal Chaos, and I enjoyed how they operated their Guild system.

Guild systems can be operated in a number of ways. They bring people together and make stuff more meaningful.

As is now I couldn't care less which army wins or loses, I don't even care anymore how many feathers I get, lol. 

12 hours ago, Zihark11 said:

Im not sure what you mean by restart over and over again. like making an alt account, summon on it get 5 star, trade it then clear your data and then repeat to keep getting 5 stars? otherwise im not sure what you mean. if that is the case you would still have to pay the subscription service on both accounts to be able to trade and when you do payment is taken immidietly for the month. IS still gets money and youd be paying 5 bucks per 5 star still at the point, IS still gets money and your taking time out of your day to use a system thats not designed for that reason

Like was was already said, subscription-based services for F2P games are utter bullcrap. It creates a "Pay To Win" mentality across the game's community that goes far beyond what could be achieved with what we have now.

And you think people would be afraid of making a few alt accounts? I'm sorry, but uh...no offense, but going by your age you've barely graduated high school. Again no offense, but I don't think you understand how people can spend money when they have jobs. And even with everything YouTube is doing right now, you can still make enough money to make a somewhat-decent living. There are people that spend money on FEH specifically because they make content on YouTube that pays them for it. A few dollars won't stop people from "gaming the system" so to speak, and when that happens IS would be losing more money than they gain.

Like for example, what happens when those subscriptions are cancelled? What if you no longer want to pay them for their services on the accounts that you're no longer using (because you've already made use of them)? It'd obviously have to be a monthly service, unless they want to do the same kind of thing as Pokemon Bank (and I honestly don't think they can afford to do that for FEH of all things). When they cancel their subscriptions, Nintendo would be able to keep the $5 per account for that one month...but after that, nothing.

And then there's the matter of the cost of orbs. As of this moment, there are 7 banners. I honestly don't know if the First Summon Tickets would be gifted to accounts created today, so let's just assume they weren't. Even then, that's the equivalent price of 35 orbs (since every non-free first summon is worth 5 orbs). That alone is just about $20 worth of orbs ($20 for 36). Let's also take into account the orbs from the Main Story and Para-/Xenologues. As of this moment, you can obtain 996 orbs from completing every one of them on every difficulty. It costs $75 to buy just 143 orbs. Accounting for that price, you'd have to buy that 7 times – and you'd only have a surplus of 5 orbs.

Each banner itself only uses 20 orbs max. Taking into account that the first summon on each banner is still free, that's 15 orbs for the first session and 20 orbs for each session after that. With just the 996 free orbs from those maps, you could do each banner right now 7 full times and still have 51 left over. If they decided to do just 1 banner only instead of all 7, they could summon a total 50 times and still have a single orb left over. And all it'd cost is $5 to transfer anything and everything you want to a main account, for each account. Those main accounts could temporarily trade over powerful units and clear those maps in no time at all. Those accounts wouldn't need to pay anything more than just $5, not even needing to buy additional orbs, and they'd completely break the system. They wouldn't even need to buy stamina pots, because units could just be traded over to the main account and trained there.

Meanwhile, those without the means to pay $5 for each account (or those who simply want to play F2P, or simply don't care to pay money on the game at all) wouldn't have that kind of ability. They'd get left in the dust even more than they are right now. The game would thrust them so far backwards that it WOULD become a Pay-2-Win game.

That's why subscription-based services are utter garbage. Runescape was infamous for this exact thing before the game itself went out of fashion (just make an account, pay a few dollars to become a Member, go through and get easy quest rewards, then trade over to your main account). That's also why the saying "money is power" is so true a statement, because those with money can do this as much as they want and completely game the system. And all it does is eventually ruin the game for everyone else, especially if the game itself can potentially hyperinflate the cost of its items or currency (just look at Gaia Online). I don't think IS would actually be allowed to inflate the price to buy orbs, especially to such a degree, so the value of said orbs would diminish. No one would actually buy orbs anymore, because you can just waste a few minutes and get 1000 free orbs worth of units and trade them over for $5. IS would lose money fast, because the players that bought orbs the most now suddenly don't.

Also, talking about jobs earlier. Anyone getting their own place can save a little bit of money over time. Over the span of a year, even any random college student that has a job — one still paying for their tuition in college — would still be able to save quite a lot of money. They could just put $50 off to the side and take some time to make alternate accounts. They could make 10 new accounts — currently 9,960 orbs worth just from the Main Story and Para-/Xenologues alone — and put that $50 into allowing them to trade over to their main account. Maybe $55 total if the main account also needs it to be able to trade.

See what I mean?

Edited by MilodicMellodi

8 hours ago, MilodicMellodi said:

Runescape was infamous for this exact thing before the game itself went out of fashion (just make an account, pay a few dollars to become a Member, go through and get easy quest rewards, then trade over to your main account).

While I no longer play nor follow Runescape much, so I cannot say for certain what it is like for the past few years, but important quest rewards are generally not transferable. Many quest items are untradeable and many quest rewards are in the form of perks and abilities specific to your account, and you cannot really trade perks and abilities to another account as they are not items. Quest rewards that can be traded are pretty cheap and are not really worth giving the alt account membership.

If you are a member, it makes no sense to do quests on an alt account just to transfer some insignificant amount of GP to your main when you can earn a shit ton more money with little effort by flipping items on the Grand Exchange using your main. The only reason that I can think of to make an alt account and give it membership is so you can have more Grand Exchange slots to do more trading.

Edited by XRay

I would love an option to change the music that plays during non-story/event maps, similar to how recent mainline FE games have allowed the player to toggle the music that plays during skirmishes and auxiliary maps.  It couldn't be that hard to implement, and it would go a long way to making modes like Arena even slightly more enjoyable for me. 

I said this a couple times: GHB Maker for FEH with rewards you can choose from your stock barracks (if you want to put a reward on it):

Its easy:
Edit/creat the map, with walls and everything.
Place your units: You can place any unit you want and built them as you want like in Hall of Forms. You can even bloat their stats if you want.
Define reinforcements by Turn or by defeated unit X
Set a clear condition/rules: You can set/pick a rule like: no Dance/Sing skill allowed, or "All Infantry units only" etc.
Set an optional reward from your inventory: this can be Feathers, or Coins, or a unit from your barracks you name it. There is a limit to it tough!

Now to upload the map you need to clear it first yourself!!

After you uploaded the map other people can take on the GHB.
Ranking is done by REVERSED Arena point ranking: The less combined skill/points your Team needs the higher your score!
For each first unique player (as in not the same user/player) that attempts the map you get rewarded with 50 feathers (as in the player pays a access fee). There is a cap of 3000 Feathers you can get max as the creator.

After 2 weeks the GHB will end its ranking and the rewards will be given out. The GHB will remain in the pool to be played but will not give any rewards out.

You can search for GHBs by Conditions:
With active ranking/reward
With gone ranking/reward
Friendlist GHBs only
Recently added
Most played
By Type of Reward.

Fucking make it happen IS!

On 12/25/2019 at 2:20 AM, MilodicMellodi said:

Like was was already said, subscription-based services for F2P games are utter bullcrap. It creates a "Pay To Win" mentality across the game's community that goes far beyond what could be achieved with what we have now.

And you think people would be afraid of making a few alt accounts? I'm sorry, but uh...no offense, but going by your age you've barely graduated high school. Again no offense, but I don't think you understand how people can spend money when they have jobs. And even with everything YouTube is doing right now, you can still make enough money to make a somewhat-decent living. There are people that spend money on FEH specifically because they make content on YouTube that pays them for it. A few dollars won't stop people from "gaming the system" so to speak, and when that happens IS would be losing more money than they gain.

Like for example, what happens when those subscriptions are cancelled? What if you no longer want to pay them for their services on the accounts that you're no longer using (because you've already made use of them)? It'd obviously have to be a monthly service, unless they want to do the same kind of thing as Pokemon Bank (and I honestly don't think they can afford to do that for FEH of all things). When they cancel their subscriptions, Nintendo would be able to keep the $5 per account for that one month...but after that, nothing.

And then there's the matter of the cost of orbs. As of this moment, there are 7 banners. I honestly don't know if the First Summon Tickets would be gifted to accounts created today, so let's just assume they weren't. Even then, that's the equivalent price of 35 orbs (since every non-free first summon is worth 5 orbs). That alone is just about $20 worth of orbs ($20 for 36). Let's also take into account the orbs from the Main Story and Para-/Xenologues. As of this moment, you can obtain 996 orbs from completing every one of them on every difficulty. It costs $75 to buy just 143 orbs. Accounting for that price, you'd have to buy that 7 times – and you'd only have a surplus of 5 orbs.

Each banner itself only uses 20 orbs max. Taking into account that the first summon on each banner is still free, that's 15 orbs for the first session and 20 orbs for each session after that. With just the 996 free orbs from those maps, you could do each banner right now 7 full times and still have 51 left over. If they decided to do just 1 banner only instead of all 7, they could summon a total 50 times and still have a single orb left over. And all it'd cost is $5 to transfer anything and everything you want to a main account, for each account. Those main accounts could temporarily trade over powerful units and clear those maps in no time at all. Those accounts wouldn't need to pay anything more than just $5, not even needing to buy additional orbs, and they'd completely break the system. They wouldn't even need to buy stamina pots, because units could just be traded over to the main account and trained there.

Meanwhile, those without the means to pay $5 for each account (or those who simply want to play F2P, or simply don't care to pay money on the game at all) wouldn't have that kind of ability. They'd get left in the dust even more than they are right now. The game would thrust them so far backwards that it WOULD become a Pay-2-Win game.

That's why subscription-based services are utter garbage. Runescape was infamous for this exact thing before the game itself went out of fashion (just make an account, pay a few dollars to become a Member, go through and get easy quest rewards, then trade over to your main account). That's also why the saying "money is power" is so true a statement, because those with money can do this as much as they want and completely game the system. And all it does is eventually ruin the game for everyone else, especially if the game itself can potentially hyperinflate the cost of its items or currency (just look at Gaia Online). I don't think IS would actually be allowed to inflate the price to buy orbs, especially to such a degree, so the value of said orbs would diminish. No one would actually buy orbs anymore, because you can just waste a few minutes and get 1000 free orbs worth of units and trade them over for $5. IS would lose money fast, because the players that bought orbs the most now suddenly don't.

Also, talking about jobs earlier. Anyone getting their own place can save a little bit of money over time. Over the span of a year, even any random college student that has a job — one still paying for their tuition in college — would still be able to save quite a lot of money. They could just put $50 off to the side and take some time to make alternate accounts. They could make 10 new accounts — currently 9,960 orbs worth just from the Main Story and Para-/Xenologues alone — and put that $50 into allowing them to trade over to their main account. Maybe $55 total if the main account also needs it to be able to trade.

See what I mean?

i mean again thats your opinion. That isnt a factual statement. Heroes has over 5,00,000 downloads, even if only 1/10 of that number used the subscription service at 5 dollars a month thats still half a million dollars, which would be way more then they are making from random in game purchases and that would be guaranteed monthly income. why would people quit the subscription with countless of characters coming out all the time and other projects in game to work on.  Orbs would still be present to buy as new characters come out multiple times a month and we still have to be able to get them but this allows people who aren't youtubers or people with a lot of money to gain access to what they couldn't otherwise. The likeliness of people making alt accounts is probably high but i doubt it would become a huge issue as you are making it out to be. i dont take the game extremely seriously, just work on the characters i want and spend about 30-60 mins a day on it but if people are willing to spend the time and money on doing all those steps id say they deserve it. i dont know many people that just sit around at home all day and game, we all got jobs and other things in life to worry about.

and that would be guaranteed monthly income. why would people quit the subscription with countless of characters coming out all the time and other projects in game to work on. 

Either way IS can gain a lot more income if they were to implement this system or a something similar. Just cause you do not think its a great idea doesn't mean its a terrible one, when in fact it has a lot of merit. 

Edited by Zihark11

1 hour ago, Zihark11 said:

and that would be guaranteed monthly income. why would people quit the subscription with countless of characters coming out all the time and other projects in game to work on. 

From the developer's perspective, having a subscription is fine, but allowing trading is not unless you tax the shit out of the transaction. $5 to access trading is basically a giant discount on Orbs. You are essentially paying $5 for 300+ free Orbs per month. You basically bypass summoning on your main account and just get anyone you want on your alt accounts and then trade it over.

You need to do the math and look more closely at it to see how much money the developers are losing. With over 5,000,000 downloads, even assuming there are 500,000 active players is being extremely optimistic, and assuming they would all pay $5 a month even more so.

Allowing trading would be financial suicide if not properly managed. If I was the developer, unless there is a better method, the only way I would allow trading is to tax at least $150 on both sides of the transaction to offset the cost of transferring free Orbs.

On 12/25/2019 at 2:20 AM, MilodicMellodi said:

No one would actually buy orbs anymore, because you can just waste a few minutes and get 1000 free orbs worth of units and trade them over for $5. IS would lose money fast, because the players that bought orbs the most now suddenly don't.

10 minutes ago, XRay said:

From the developer's perspective, having a subscription is fine, but allowing trading is not unless you tax the shit out of the transaction. $5 to access trading is basically a giant discount on Orbs. You are essentially paying $5 for 300+ free Orbs per month. You basically bypass summoning on your main account and just get anyone you want on your alt accounts and then trade it over.

You need to do the math and look more closely at it to see how much money the developers are losing. With over 5,000,000 downloads, even assuming there are 500,000 active players is being extremely optimistic, and assuming they would all pay $5 a month even more so.

Allowing trading would be financial suicide if not properly managed. If I was the developer, unless there is a better method, the only way I would allow trading is to tax at least $150 on both sides of the transaction to offset the cost of transferring free Orbs.

but who in the first place is spending that much on orbs other then a couple youtubers??? i cant imagine people spending huge amounts of money on a mobile game. at least this way they could have a steadier income rather then random influxes of payments coming down the pipe. its beneficial for the players and IS would get more money then they get now probably, hell id even spend 9.99 for this kinda service. if you play the game like me for 30-60 mins a day which i would say is a good average of the playerbase whether it be casual or hardcore players this seems like a worthwhile investment, Three houses has also proven that the west likes fire emblem more then ever before with its influx of new players. The reason many people do not stick with heroes is because of that gap of not being able to obtain what interests you. sometimes youll get what you want and sometimes you wont. I really wanted Gerik but was unable to pull him sadly if there was a system like that i could possibly get him. 

Edited by Zihark11

20 minutes ago, Zihark11 said:

but who in the first place is spending that much on orbs other then a couple youtubers??? i cant imagine people spending huge amounts of money on a mobile game.

Excuse me, but we whales, orcas, and dolphins who are working adults exist. I spent over eight grand on the game during the first year. I have since dialed back a lot of my spending, but I still spent close to a thousand or maybe a bit more each year since then.

Edited by XRay

10 minutes ago, XRay said:

Excuse me, but we whales, orcas, and dolphins who are working adults exist. I spent over eight grand on the game during the first year. I have since dialed back a lot of my spending, but I still spent close to a thousand or maybe a bit more each year since then.

yikes thats insane. i would never even consider spending that much on a gacha game even if it is fire emblem. thats ridiculous. most ive ever spent on the game in the 2-3 years is like $300-$400. Maybe you make a shit on of money or are really poor with money decisions but im glad to hear youve dialed it back.

4 hours ago, Zihark11 said:

Heroes has over 5,00,000 downloads, even if only 1/10 of that number used the subscription service at 5 dollars a month thats still half a million dollars, which would be way more then they are making from random in game purchases and that would be guaranteed monthly income.

Source? You seem to know how much they're making from "random in game purchases" and have done the research on the effects this subscription service would have, so let's see it.

4 minutes ago, Florete said:

Source? You seem to know how much they're making from "random in game purchases" and have done the research on the effects this subscription service would have, so let's see it.

downloads wise it says on the app store. 1/10 of 5 million is 500,000, now of course this isn't guaranteed but thats also a very low number of the bigger whole. its random because its on the whim of the player. theirs no guarantee they are going to buy orb packs. its very whimsical, whether its because a character they like showed up or the monthly orb packs. With a monthly subscription they would get more consistent numbers rather then fluctuating months. maybe some months they will get more purchases but other months they could get less. Consistency should be a normal want for any company. @XRay has already proven to me that some people do spend crazy amounts of money on the game but still thats not normal. normally people cant afford to drop thousands on a video game due to rent/mortgage, food, other necessities etc. I just really think my idea would be beneficial and more affordable for the whole community. I can guarantee many people that gave up on heroes would come back after having a feature like that available. 

4 minutes ago, Zihark11 said:

downloads wise it says on the app store. 1/10 of 5 million is 500,000, now of course this isn't guaranteed but thats also a very low number of the bigger whole. its random because its on the whim of the player. theirs no guarantee they are going to buy orb packs. its very whimsical, whether its because a character they like showed up or the monthly orb packs. With a monthly subscription they would get more consistent numbers rather then fluctuating months. maybe some months they will get more purchases but other months they could get less. Consistency should be a normal want for any company. @XRay has already proven to me that some people do spend crazy amounts of money on the game but still thats not normal. normally people cant afford to drop thousands on a video game due to rent/mortgage, food, other necessities etc. I just really think my idea would be beneficial and more affordable for the whole community. I can guarantee many people that gave up on heroes would come back after having a feature like that available. 

This says nothing about how much they're making from orb purchases, it's just conjecture based on downloads of the game.

Your idea would indeed be beneficial and more affordable for the whole community...in the short term. In the long term, the game would lose so much money it would eventually die out. You may not like it, but whales like XRay are what keep these games running. And I'll actually do some research

"A whale is a player that is willing to invest a significant amount of money in your game," said Jared Psigoda, CEO of the browser game publisher Reality Squared Games, at Game Developers Conference Europe in August. "For most publishers out there ... a handful of players make up a significant percentage of revenue, specifically once you get into the mid-hard-core, free-to-play type model."

"The top 10 percent of players can account for as much as 50 percent of all in-app purchase revenue," says Andy Yang, CEO of the mobile monetization research firm PlayHaven.

Ask anyone familiar with these types of games and you'll hear the same story. Most players of these games spend little or nothing at all, but the few who drop mountains of cash are all the game needs to keep running. That 50% in the quote above is actually lower than I usually hear it.

If your idea were to happen, whales wouldn't need to whale anymore. Everyone would be able to get what they want at a fraction of the price. In the end you might have more players spending money, but there would be a lot less money spent.

31 minutes ago, Zihark11 said:

normally people cant afford to drop thousands on a video game due to rent/mortgage, food, other necessities etc.

Maximizing profit is not just about expanding your target market or slashing prices. Over expanding your target market can also lead to losses, as the cost to serve those extra customers rise. There is also no guarantee that your target market can grow as big as you want either, as the human population is finite and there are only so many gamers who are interested in Fire Emblem, so the increase in total customers is not enough to offset the loss in sales from each individual customers.

For every dolphin account you lose, you need to find at least 15 other additional players willing to fork over $60 a year to offset the loss in sales. There is no way the Fire Emblem fan base can increase in size by 16 times.

$1000/$60 ~ 16.67

To illustrate this point with a real life example, we just need to look at how horrible Super Mario Run was monetized compared to Fire Emblem Heroes. Despite being a vastly cheaper game with over 100,000,000 downloads, the revenue from Super Mario Run is absolutely shit compared to Heroes.

Edited by XRay

57 minutes ago, XRay said:

Maximizing profit is not just about expanding your target market or slashing prices. Over expanding your target market can also lead to losses, as the cost to serve those extra customers rise. There is also no guarantee that your target market can grow as big as you want either, as the human population is finite and there are only so many gamers who are interested in Fire Emblem, so the increase in total customers is not enough to offset the loss in sales from each individual customers.

For every dolphin account you lose, you need to find at least 15 other additional players willing to fork over $60 a year to offset the loss in sales. There is no way the Fire Emblem fan base can increase in size by 16 times.

$1000/$60 ~ 16.67

To illustrate this point with a real life example, we just need to look at how horrible Super Mario Run was monetized compared to Fire Emblem Heroes. Despite being a vastly cheaper game with over 100,000,000 downloads, the revenue from Super Mario Run is absolutely shit compared to Heroes.

but they wouldnt be making up for anything as purchasing orbs would still be an option to do alongside this system. new characters come out all the time and people still gotta buy orbs to be able to get the new units. we cannot just rely on a trade system. people that can afford orbs will keep buying orbs while the people that cannot/do not wanna fork over that amount of cash can still have options to get the unit they want. both systems together would increase sales rather then just orb packs. Hell people that bought a shit ton of orbs would love that as they would have so much to trade making getting anything they need easy as hell. 

Just now, Zihark11 said:

but they wouldnt be making up for anything as purchasing orbs would still be an option to do alongside this system. new characters come out all the time and people still gotta buy orbs to be able to get the new units. we cannot just rely on a trade system. people that can afford orbs will keep buying orbs while the people that cannot/do not wanna fork over that amount of cash can still have options to get the unit they want. both systems together would increase sales rather then just orb packs. Hell people that bought a shit ton of orbs would love that as they would have so much to trade making getting anything they need easy as hell. 

I would stop buying Orbs entirely if I can transfer 300 free Orbs a month for $5 a month. Say I am spending $1,035 annually for 1,725 Orbs per year right now. Instead of doing that, I can simply spend $60 a year to transfer 3,600+ free Orbs per year to my main account. Why the hell would I spend more if I can get practically anything I want for a tiny fraction of the price? At best, I would create two or three alt accounts and transfer things over.

Unless you implement a transaction tax to offset the value of free Orbs, people would just abuse the trading system and not buy Orbs anymore.

The trading idea sounds good at first, but with trading, getting units wouldn't feel special anymore, and getting amazing units would be a bit to easy, like others stated. I think it's a good idea, though, just not for this game.

20 minutes ago, Zihark11 said:

new characters come out all the time and people still gotta buy orbs to be able to get the new units.

They definitely wouldn't. Enough people would be able to get the new units with free pulls or very early that those who really want certain new units can get them from those who don't want them, but got them. For this to have a chance of working they'd have to drastically reduce the amount of free orbs given away.

The history and math of these kinds of games proves your idea won't work. You're going to need to accept that eventually.

50 minutes ago, XRay said:

I would stop buying Orbs entirely if I can transfer 300 free Orbs a month for $5 a month. Say I am spending $1,035 annually for 1,725 Orbs per year right now. Instead of doing that, I can simply spend $60 a year to transfer 3,600+ free Orbs per year to my main account. Why the hell would I spend more if I can get practically anything I want for a tiny fraction of the price? At best, I would create two or three alt accounts and transfer things over.

Unless you implement a transaction tax to offset the value of free Orbs, people would just abuse the trading system and not buy Orbs anymore.

i guess you would have to implement some kinda deterrent so people dont do that then. what do you mean buy 300 free orbs? where are you getting that from? 

38 minutes ago, Florete said:

They definitely wouldn't. Enough people would be able to get the new units with free pulls or very early that those who really want certain new units can get them from those who don't want them, but got them. For this to have a chance of working they'd have to drastically reduce the amount of free orbs given away.

The history and math of these kinds of games proves your idea won't work. You're going to need to accept that eventually.

well compared to other gachas the amount of free orbs given out is quite limited. especially when your third year players like us. and if we only relied on free summons then the amount of those units would be small. the people that buy orbs now wont stop just cause of a system that lets you trade units between players. and i disagree, i think your valuing people actually going out of there way to make alt accounts to abuse the system way to highly.you make it sound very easy to do while it requires a lot of time which the majority wont have time to do all that.  like xray says above some kinda tax or limitation could/should be put in place so people like you guys wouldnt be able to abuse the system.