Ideas to improve FEH (and a place to discuss those ideas, your own and mine!)

MilodicMellodi

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Zihark11 said:

i guess you would have to implement some kinda deterrent so people dont do that then. what do you mean buy 300 free orbs? where are you getting that from?

Orb distribution per month. We get 300+ on average per month. If I make an alt account, I can trade away all my Oboros and Jacobs on my main for better fodder and 5* summons, and that is essentially transfering over 300+ Orbs per month to my main for a measly $5.00. And depending on how much stuff gets carried over, I can also transfer over valuable resources like Dragonflowers, Heroic Grails, Divine Dew, Feathers, etc. that are attached to the unit.

The only foolproof way I can think of to prevent players from abusing that is to tax both ends of the transaction using cash or a currency that can only be obtained with money.

$150 per side per transaction ($300 total per transaction) seems pretty reasonable in my opinion, as it costs about $150 on average to almost guarantee to snipe something you want.

4 hours ago, XRay said:

I would stop buying Orbs entirely if I can transfer 300 free Orbs a month for $5 a month. Say I am spending $1,035 annually for 1,725 Orbs per year right now. Instead of doing that, I can simply spend $60 a year to transfer 3,600+ free Orbs per year to my main account. Why the hell would I spend more if I can get practically anything I want for a tiny fraction of the price? At best, I would create two or three alt accounts and transfer things over.

Unless you implement a transaction tax to offset the value of free Orbs, people would just abuse the trading system and not buy Orbs anymore.

Even if you wanted more orbs than that, the cheat holds up with more alts. Say you wanted four times that many - $4,140 per year for 6,900 orbs. $5 per account per month means you can run two alts over the course of the year for 7,200 orbs at a cost of just $120. No matter how many orbs you'd want, it'd just be the cheapest way to get them.

6 hours ago, Etrurian emperor said:

My biggest quality of life improvement would be a way to refresh your orb circle. Its annoying when your color refuses to pop up or if your pity rate is broken at a time you can't pull on your preferred color. 

This, sorta. I think someone a long time ago had an idea IS could implement, where you'd be able to guarantee your chosen color on at least 1 orb per session.

I feel it'd take away some of the Gacha nature of FEH (which wouldn't really be a bad thing...). At the same time, though, people would no longer have to complain about getting Pitybroken because their desired color didn't show up.

I mean, it wouldn't even take away from the amount of orbs spent. You'd still be spending up to 20 orbs per session (or 15 on the first). You'd just have an easier time getting your desired color without breaking the bank.

Here's another idea I want to take up with you guys for improving FEH's QoL.

What would you all think about a Resource Donation system? With this system, players would be able to donate resources to a shared "bank", with each resource having its own "worth" in the bank. At the end of each season (our season, not in-game season, so every 4 months), the total donations received would be converted into a global gift with an amount equal to the effort put into the donations. The gift could be orbs, feathers, grails, dragonflowers, refining stones, etc.

It'd would give players a chance to dump their resources they've maxed out on, while also giving both new and old players useful resources that just aren't that common or are desired more. Heck, what'd also be cool is if each player could choose what prize they receive so that they'd be allowed to prioritize their individual projects without worry. I for one would try using it to get orbs or grails more often.

But what do you guys think? Would such a system be welcome in FEH?

What about the return of Tempest Trials Mini? It could last 3 days, rack up to 15k points for all rewards, and in those include 4* copies of previous Tempest Trials rewards and a second chance to get a couple old sacred seals without having to spend coins. It'd be awesome for new players!! And that's something FEH desperately needs...

On 12/27/2019 at 7:08 PM, XRay said:

Orb distribution per month. We get 300+ on average per month. If I make an alt account, I can trade away all my Oboros and Jacobs on my main for better fodder and 5* summons, and that is essentially transfering over 300+ Orbs per month to my main for a measly $5.00. And depending on how much stuff gets carried over, I can also transfer over valuable resources like Dragonflowers, Heroic Grails, Divine Dew, Feathers, etc. that are attached to the unit.

The only foolproof way I can think of to prevent players from abusing that is to tax both ends of the transaction using cash or a currency that can only be obtained with money.

$150 per side per transaction ($300 total per transaction) seems pretty reasonable in my opinion, as it costs about $150 on average to almost guarantee to snipe something you want.

huh yeah i guess just charge people like you regularly then for that amount of orbs to prevent people from doing that. i wouldnt go out of my way personally but i can see why it would be easily doable for dedicated people. 

On 12/27/2019 at 10:08 PM, XRay said:

That's a crazy amount of money for this game.  It's not even a good game...Three Houses blows it out of the water, and you could get a Switch and 3H for what you're paying for this bad grindfest of a game.  I played and wasted enough time on this game to know.

51 minutes ago, Xenovia said:

That's a crazy amount of money for this game.  It's not even a good game...Three Houses blows it out of the water, and you could get a Switch and 3H for what you're paying for this bad grindfest of a game.  I played and wasted enough time on this game to know.

You are not the target audience for this game, just as I am not the target audience for shiitake mushrooms. What is a reasonable price for one group of people is not a reasonable price for another. A lot of people have no problem forking over $10.00 for a pound of shiitake mushrooms. You need to pay me $10.00 per ounce of that crap that I consume.

This game satisfies a need that Three Houses does not, such as constant updates, the ability to play on your phone, having a crossover game that features most of the Fire Emblem series, having access to most of your waifus in one place, etc. What is good and what is not is subjective, and if we compare games using an objective metric such as sales, then Heroes is undoubtedly superior. If you just want a game for collecting waifus, then Cipher would be a better option.

It would be like me saying how shitty Benz is or how slow Ferraris are when compared to Rolls-Royce and Bugatti respectively. Benz and Ferraris have a different target market than Rolls-Royce and Bugatti. Benz is a luxury brand that caters to a wide range of customers; Rolls-Royce prides itself in making cars that plebeians cannot afford so patrons do not feel cheap. Ferrari sells itself on a combination of style, bragging rights, and supposedly good performance; Bugatti focuses on shitting on Ferraris on the race track.

I remember one of my friends having an idea once to implement trading while trying to keep it fair, basically sacrificing a certain amount of feathers (or orbs) to trade a unit with someone else. I think they said they would set it at 20,000 feathers - the same amount to five star a unit. That way, unless you're a resource hoarder, it makes trading less frequent to minimize losses to profits. If they wanted to make it even harder to trade, they could make it a certain number of orbs lost instead. It would kind of suck for us, the players, but at least you could occasionally get a unit you wanted and they wouldn't lose as much profit as if they just let trading happen with no consequences. All too often, I've gotten five stars I don't want at all but my friends really do, so it would be nice to be able to give them to them in exchange for a merge for one of my projects or something.

Besides that, I'd like to see some modes where you can play with other people more. I like GC because using my friends' units is really fun, it would be cool to be able to fight alongside other people live in a similar mode, perhaps.

Also, more things like the last few Forging Bonds! I'm loving the characters interacting from all different parts of the series.

On 12/31/2019 at 6:12 PM, Ace Pelleas said:

What about the return of Tempest Trials Mini? It could last 3 days, rack up to 15k points for all rewards, and in those include 4* copies of previous Tempest Trials rewards and a second chance to get a couple old sacred seals without having to spend coins. It'd be awesome for new players!! And that's something FEH desperately needs...

that would be good. there are a lot of seals i haven't created because i started late. and my coins are going to try to make the good ones great. 

On 12/31/2019 at 3:13 AM, MilodicMellodi said:

Here's another idea I want to take up with you guys for improving FEH's QoL.

What would you all think about a Resource Donation system? With this system, players would be able to donate resources to a shared "bank", with each resource having its own "worth" in the bank. At the end of each season (our season, not in-game season, so every 4 months), the total donations received would be converted into a global gift with an amount equal to the effort put into the donations. The gift could be orbs, feathers, grails, dragonflowers, refining stones, etc.

It'd would give players a chance to dump their resources they've maxed out on, while also giving both new and old players useful resources that just aren't that common or are desired more. Heck, what'd also be cool is if each player could choose what prize they receive so that they'd be allowed to prioritize their individual projects without worry. I for one would try using it to get orbs or grails more often.

But what do you guys think? Would such a system be welcome in FEH?

i think so. i mean. i'm swimming in the yellow crystal-y things. but i can't even USE the yellow crystally things because i have the blue-red-green ones. and i am one of those people who like manually training up my units.  so generally those crystally things are a big waste of time for me. but i know people who are always short on them.

4 hours ago, daisy jane said:

i think so. i mean. i'm swimming in the yellow crystal-y things. but i can't even USE the yellow crystally things because i have the blue-red-green ones. and i am one of those people who like manually training up my units.  so generally those crystally things are a big waste of time for me. but i know people who are always short on them.

Feh's mail box Present List is giving me an eyesore because I cannot accept the Universal Shards and Crystals from the Black Friday Winter Prep Pack due to having 999,999 of each of them.

Edited by XRay

5 hours ago, XRay said:

Feh's mail box Present List is giving me an eyesore because I cannot accept the Universal Shards and Crystals from the Black Friday Winter Prep Pack due to having 999,999 of each of them.

That's actually another great suggestion: let us choose which crystals we use to level up. I've been sitting on capped universal crystals for longer than I can remember and it's ridiculous how I can't use them until I've used up all of a specific color first.

10 hours ago, XRay said:

me too. (I mean i usually let my feh orbs sit there so it's not always empty, but when it is it's not because of those shards. 

1. Being able to change natures. It would be nice if your merged units remember which Assets it has devoured, so you can switch Assets anytime like you would switch skills. Once you merge a unit to 5*+10, it would be nice if the game rewards the player to be able to change the nature of all units of that character.

2. As an extension of the above, being able to keep Flaws would be nice. Being allowed to keep HP or Spd Flaws is really helpful for Player Phase and Enemy Phase units respectively. Other Flaws are good too if you are running teams that uses Gaps and Openings.

3. Adjust My Castle's EXP bonus. I want to disable my bonus, so it makes SP farming via Special Training Maps more efficient.

4. Make all Special Training Maps available all the time instead of waiting for them to go through a rotation. And move them to Training Tower.

4 hours ago, XRay said:

1. Being able to change natures. It would be nice if your merged units remember which Assets it has devoured, so you can switch Assets anytime like you would switch skills. Once you merge a unit to 5*+10, it would be nice if the game rewards the player to be able to change the nature of all units of that character.

I could imagine if they did that in a similar way to Weapon Forging. Where you could use a resource to "buy" the nature, and then you could switch Assets almost whenever you like outside of combat. On that note, it'd be better for them to only let units with at least +1 in merges do it; this way, you won't have to worry about the unit's bane, because by the time they'd be able to switch Natures they'll only have an Asset (if any).

4 hours ago, XRay said:

2. As an extension of the above, being able to keep Flaws would be nice. Being allowed to keep HP or Spd Flaws is really helpful for Player Phase and Enemy Phase units respectively. Other Flaws are good too if you are running teams that uses Gaps and Openings.

This one...not so much. I'd leave it to IS to introduce skills that'd do the job themselves (Life and Death lowers Def/Res, Fortress Def and Fortress Res lower Atk...now all we need is one to lower Spd and we'll be set in that regard).

You also don't really even need to lower stats. Just use skills that increase stats instead, like Fury or the mentioned Life or Death. There's no real reason to lower stats if there's no real benefit.

4 hours ago, XRay said:

4. Make all Special Training Maps available all the time instead of waiting for them to go through a rotation. And move them to Training Tower.

Yes and no. The rotation motivates you to keep an eye on it, so you're enticed to log in. But i agree that the Training Tower is useless now, and that Special Training being moved into there would do nothing but good.

Maybe they could do something like a mix of Rokkr Sieges and the current Special Training, but with a touch of Training Tower. You go against several waves of enemies, before then facing Heroes with levels based on the selected map.
And there could be different difficulties for each like in other modes, from Easy (less enemies but less EXP) to Lunatic (more EXP but more and tougher enemies). Heck, maybe an Infernal difficulty for those who want a challenge AND want to grind. You could cheese the earlier Infernals with high-level units, but the real challenge — and reward — comes from the final Infernal Training.

1 hour ago, MilodicMellodi said:

This one...not so much. I'd leave it to IS to introduce skills that'd do the job themselves (Life and Death lowers Def/Res, Fortress Def and Fortress Res lower Atk...now all we need is one to lower Spd and we'll be set in that regard).

You also don't really even need to lower stats. Just use skills that increase stats instead, like Fury or the mentioned Life or Death. There's no real reason to lower stats if there's no real benefit.

Being able to further manipulate stats is extremely important for certain team compositions. Skills can only reduce stats by so much. Being allowed to keep Flaws would be a huge help. You do not have to keep a Flaw if you do not wish to, but having the option open would be really nice.

Having lower HP is extremely important for Desperation nukes in Aether Raids, and as a Player Phase player, this is the single most important benefit. Removing -HP was a pretty big nerf Player Phase units. You do not want to have a nuke with 41 HP or higher and step on a level 1 Bolt Trap. That is a death sentence for the nuke since it means that it probably is not going to survive a counterattack to get into Desperation range. You will be fine if your nuke runs Fury, but Fury is the weakest of the stat boosting A skills so not everyone runs it. -HP is so strong that it warrants skipping the first few merges until you have enough copies to give enough Atk/Spd to offset the penalty of having a higher HP.

Having low Spd is also important for slow tanks. Being able to have the enemy more consistently double you allows you to run a stronger Special.

Being able to reduce any stat is important if you are running a super tank and you are utilizing Gaps and Openings, since you do not want a support unit with a higher stat to take the buffs.

All these benefits are good reasons to be able to reduce stats in my opinion.

Yes and no. The rotation motivates you to keep an eye on it, so you're enticed to log in. But i agree that the Training Tower is useless now, and that Special Training being moved into there would do nothing but good.

We are already enticed to log in every day for Orbs and daily rewards. Putting rotation on Special Training Maps is just a dick move now, since it means training ranged units is a pain in the ass because you have to wait several weeks for it to line up with double SP weekend.

And there is no need to keep an eye on it since we know the rotation order and can just set an alarm for it whenever the desired map comes.

Maybe they could do something like a mix of Rokkr Sieges and the current Special Training, but with a touch of Training Tower. You go against several waves of enemies, before then facing Heroes with levels based on the selected map.
And there could be different difficulties for each like in other modes, from Easy (less enemies but less EXP) to Lunatic (more EXP but more and tougher enemies). Heck, maybe an Infernal difficulty for those who want a challenge AND want to grind. You could cheese the earlier Infernals with high-level units, but the real challenge — and reward — comes from the final Infernal Training.

There is no benefit to facing enemies higher than level 34 since the SP gain is the same. The only reason they should make Infernal is to either give a lot more enemies than Lunatic and/or double SP you gain per enemy. If Infernal is just like Lunatic with the same number of enemies with no SP boost, there is no reason to ever use Infernal. And the point is SP grinding is not for challenge, it is to grind SP. If you make it too difficult, no one is going to use it since the reward is not worth the time and effort.

10 hours ago, XRay said:

3. Adjust My Castle's EXP bonus. I want to disable my bonus, so it makes SP farming via Special Training Maps more efficient.

Speaking of which, having the option to equip lower-ranked versions of upgraded Sacred Seals would be useful.

10 minutes ago, Othin said:

Speaking of which, having the option to equip lower-ranked versions of upgraded Sacred Seals would be useful.

Oh yeah, that too.

Speaking of downgrading, it would be nice to be able to have an option to not apply a stat boost from merges and Flowers. Having low HP is a huge help for Player Phase teams.

Edited by XRay

4 hours ago, Endriu said:

An option to skip the introductory texts during summoning. At least for units already pulled

That is a good one. Each individual text does not take that long, but when you are doing mass summons, all those seconds add up.

When viewing your units there is the rating option but that's not even used anymore so I thought why not replace it with an option that sorts units by their Arena score? This will be a really useful QoL change and considering how much that system is used it would be really helpful. 

It would be really cool if for new banners, we wouldn't be allowed to be pitybroken by older units like legendary/mythic banners.

Because getting pity broken by a Siegbert when you could have gotten Shannan or Larcei isn't cool at all, especially after I gotten two of them last summer (and his fodder is pointless) really stink.

An option to summon all 5 units at once. It would really help players like me who usually is not too picky with whoever I get for Legendary and Mythic Foci, since most of the options are usually decent. It would speed up mass summons a lot.

37 minutes ago, Nym said:

It would be really cool if for new banners, we wouldn't be allowed to be pitybroken by older units like legendary/mythic banners.

Because getting pity broken by a Siegbert when you could have gotten Shannan or Larcei isn't cool at all, especially after I gotten two of them last summer (and his fodder is pointless) really stink.

That would be nice, but it would probably hurt orb sales? Maybe they could do it with no pity breaks only the first day of the banner? That might encourage more summoning in general. I know a lot of people just use the free summon and that's it if the new units don't interest them. People might spend more orbs if they knew what they might get that first day.