Ideas to improve FEH (and a place to discuss those ideas, your own and mine!)

MilodicMellodi

20 minutes ago, TEKWRX said:

That would be nice, but it would probably hurt orb sales? Maybe they could do it with no pity breaks only the first day of the banner? That might encourage more summoning in general. I know a lot of people just use the free summon and that's it if the new units don't interest them. People might spend more orbs if they knew what they might get that first day. 

I don't really think so. People in general summon on newer banners to get the newer units.

They only hope to be pitybroken if they aren't that much interested in the banner in the first place. I wasn't that myself but I would have prefer a 4 star Morgan or Brady over this guy...

But the idea of the first day is something reasonable.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Brett Ensminger said:

I think that they should put in the characters they reserved for the weekly revivals as 3-4 star characters. They may have warranted 5 star status when the game launched, but they should really just be commons at this point.

I want them all to demote too, but many of them still warrant being 5* exclusives. I am not sure making them more available is going to have a good financial impact on the game.

Hector and Takumi got extremely desirable A skills. Genny got Wrathful Staff. Faye got Firesweep Bow. Brave Heroes units are all really strong units and some also have really good skills to fodder. Celica is completely bonkers. Sonya and Ninian are terrifying on an Infantry Pulse team.

1 hour ago, XRay said:

I want them all to demote too, but many of them still warrant being 5* exclusives. I am not sure making them more available is going to have a good financial impact on the game.

Hector and Takumi got extremely desirable A skills. Genny got Wrathful Staff. Faye got Firesweep Bow. Brave Heroes units are all really strong units and some also have really good skills to fodder. Celica is completely bonkers. Sonya and Ninian are terrifying on an Infantry Pulse team.

Hardly disagree with the exeption of CYL units

Close Counter is very niche and only usefull on a handfull of units (even in AR Defense or Offense)

Distant Counter has allready like what 3 fodders in the regular summoning pool and 2 in the legendary. No harm there. Also this could finally give IS an incentiv to finally refine DC weapons and maye release DC2. The latest skill from selkie could impy such a move.

Celica is just your generic run of the mill desperation user and there are plenty of them available now who even outclass her.

Ninian can be substituted with Silvia who also has a high HP threshhold and is in rhe 4 Star pool

Sonya is a one hit wonder and looses all firepower against Pulse Smoke because she is rather very slow for a nuker. The new Bskill give her a hard time.

With the newest powercreep in base stat none of those units warrant 5 Star exclusivity anymore, we are looking at a statpoint gap of 10-15  (extreme cases 20) points which translates basicly into a 1-2 free A-slot skills

I barely see Firesweep bow anymore due to null counter

Even the CYL units are garbage in terms of fodder and are only so good because of their excellent refine (Ike Lucina and Roy, Lyn is kinda meh)

5 minutes ago, Hilda said:

Close Counter is very niche and only usefull on a handfull of units (even in AR Defense or Offense)

Counter-Vantage is a big deal. Blade mages are the most common and cheapest option, but they still requires you to summon a 5* unit.

6 minutes ago, Hilda said:

Distant Counter has allready like what 3 fodders in the regular summoning pool and 2 in the legendary. No harm there. Also this could finally give IS an incentiv to finally refine DC weapons and maye release DC2. The latest skill from selkie could impy such a move.

Just because a skill is on multiple 5* units does not mean it is easy to get that fodder. I have a disposable income so I have no issue paying for more chances to get that fodder. Free players need to save up for at least a month or two, and that is assuming they are not spending Orbs on other 5* units and skills, let alone favorites.

9 minutes ago, Hilda said:

Celica is just your generic run of the mill desperation user and there are plenty of them available now who even outclass her.

While any Blade mage can do what Celica does for Abyssal content, Celica has a higher performance floor. Blade mages hit like a wet noodle without enough buffs. Celica still hits like a truck without buffs. With Celica, your positioning can be a lot more sloppy.

11 minutes ago, Hilda said:

Ninian can be substituted with Silvia who also has a high HP threshhold and is in rhe 4 Star pool

Ninian stands a better chance of avoiding Gjallabrú with her higher HP. She can more easily pulse higher HP nukes. She also comes with free Distant Counter.

30 minutes ago, Hilda said:

Sonya is a one hit wonder and looses all firepower against Pulse Smoke because she is rather very slow for a nuker. The new Bskill give her a hard time.

Not everyone has access to 5* fodder.

31 minutes ago, Hilda said:

With the newest powercreep in base stat none of those units warrant 5 Star exclusivity anymore, we are looking at a statpoint gap of 10-15  (extreme cases 20) points which translates basicly into a 1-2 free A-slot skills

Total BST is not everything. Stat distribution, attack range, movement, etc. also matter.

32 minutes ago, Hilda said:

I barely see Firesweep bow anymore due to null counter

Null C-Disrupt is not on everything, and I still use BH!Lyn with Firesweep Bow almost every week in Aether Raids.

33 minutes ago, Hilda said:

Even the CYL units are garbage in terms of fodder and are only so good because of their excellent refine (Ike Lucina and Roy, Lyn is kinda meh)

Steady Breath is definitely not garbage. Swift Sparrow is not either.

Filters, oh god please add filters. To everything. As the number of usable units and seals increase, it's no longer sufficient to just sort them or to use the Favourites system. I want the option to actually hide everything I don't want to see. For seals I think an option to hide the ones I have no interest in would be sufficient. For units I'd like to see something like the filters pane on Gamepress' hero list, like so (but also add a dancer filter):

3ExYDPe.png

Aside from that, I'd like some Autobattle AI options. Doesn't need to be complicated, but just simple toggles like instructing your units to not use movement assists, healers to not attack, etc. Sick of having to switch out skills during TT autobattles then doing AA only to realise Draw Backs are unequipped and my healer has no weapon.

Other minor things:

- "Claim all" for feathers on the castle screen, whether they be friend feathers or HM feathers.
- Filter for the little notification banner on the bottom of the castle screen. It's useful for knowing when free summons are available and for accessing chores like TT and VG, but don't waste my time in having to swipe away things I don't care about like the Twitter link or the new Manga strip notification.

45 minutes ago, XRay said:

Counter-Vantage is a big deal. Blade mages are the most common and cheapest option, but they still requires you to summon a 5* unit.

Just because a skill is on multiple 5* units does not mean it is easy to get that fodder. I have a disposable income so I have no issue paying for more chances to get that fodder. Free players need to save up for at least a month or two, and that is assuming they are not spending Orbs on other 5* units and skills, let alone favorites.

While any Blade mage can do what Celica does for Abyssal content, Celica has a higher performance floor. Blade mages hit like a wet noodle without enough buffs. Celica still hits like a truck without buffs. With Celica, your positioning can be a lot more sloppy.

Ninian stands a better chance of avoiding Gjallabrú with her higher HP. She can more easily pulse higher HP nukes. She also comes with free Distant Counter.

Not everyone has access to 5* fodder.

Total BST is not everything. Stat distribution, attack range, movement, etc. also matter.

Null C-Disrupt is not on everything, and I still use BH!Lyn with Firesweep Bow almost every week in Aether Raids.

Steady Breath is definitely not garbage. Swift Sparrow is not either.

1. as said on a handfull of units. Mostly Tharja, Nino, Mathew and maybe 2-3 other cases thats it

2. The game is on decline. Whales and Dolphins are swimming in DC fodder. Might as well make it a little easier and interesting for newer players to get it via 3-4 Star pool. Mind you thats still kinda rare considering it might cost 20k and the 3-4 Star pool is bloated.

3. PVE content is so easy that you dont need Celica in Fact it can be done by  alot of units even non Desperation nukers. So moot point. In AR Celica underperforms due to my previous mentioned reasons. In Arena she underperforms due to crapy BST. So whats the point on keeping her locked to 5 Star?

4. that free DC costs 20k feathers. Silvia can also avoid Gjallar and both die easy and have no firepower duh. Doesnt warrant a 5 Star slot. None of the nukes have the amount of HP that you need a 78 HP Ninian.

5. Last i checked you were moaning about how little damage Firesweep bow does and how you cant outrun stuff against infaltry pulse. Which is it now? Make up your mind. For PVE content Firesweep is garbage anyway. For PVP it has too little firepower and can be countered.

4 hours ago, Hilda said:

1. as said on a handfull of units. Mostly Tharja, Nino, Mathew and maybe 2-3 other cases thats it

That is like saying you only need Swift Sparrow on a handful of units, since you only need a few nukes to solve the most difficult content. If a player's preferred strategy is Counter-Vantage, the player is going to build a lot more of them to refine their strategy and tactics.

5 hours ago, Hilda said:

2. The game is on decline. Whales and Dolphins are swimming in DC fodder. Might as well make it a little easier and interesting for newer players to get it via 3-4 Star pool. Mind you thats still kinda rare considering it might cost 20k and the 3-4 Star pool is bloated.

We do not know it if will accelerate that decline. Depending on how much Distant Counter contributes to revenue, it would further decrease revenue.

5 hours ago, Hilda said:

3. PVE content is so easy that you dont need Celica in Fact it can be done by  alot of units even non Desperation nukers. So moot point. In AR Celica underperforms due to my previous mentioned reasons. In Arena she underperforms due to crapy BST. So whats the point on keeping her locked to 5 Star?

It is easy for you and me and players with experience abusing the most powerful tactics or the time to figure out how to solve it with only the Askr trio. One nuke with three Dancers/Singers is the easiest team composition to use from a Player Phase player's perspective, but that does not mean it is intuitive and easy to use for an Enemy Phase player or a player who is only used to bulldozing enemies on Lunatic difficulty.

5 hours ago, Hilda said:

4. that free DC costs 20k feathers. Silvia can also avoid Gjallar and both die easy and have no firepower duh. Doesnt warrant a 5 Star slot. None of the nukes have the amount of HP that you need a 78 HP Ninian.

Costing 20,000 Feathers is still cheaper than costing Orbs.

Silvia can also avoid it, but Ninian has a better chance of avoiding due to higher HP. That 2 HP difference can mean the difference. None of the nukes have crazy high HP, but you can use Ninian on other teams to Infantry Pulse others.

5 hours ago, Hilda said:

5. Last i checked you were moaning about how little damage Firesweep bow does and how you cant outrun stuff against infaltry pulse. Which is it now? Make up your mind. For PVE content Firesweep is garbage anyway. For PVP it has too little firepower and can be countered.

If you have paid attention to what I said instead of putting words in my mouth, I never complained about how little damage Firesweep does. If I am running a Firesweep nuke, I am not expecting it to deal a ton of damage. I have raw damage nukes for that role.

I have issues with pulling out after I hit an Infantry Pulse team due to enemy Dancers/Singers extending the nukes' ranges. I do not claim to be the best Player Phase player, but I can claim that I know what are the cheapest and easiest strategies to use. If you think Dance/Sing-Reposition against an Infantry Pulse team is as easy as you think it is, then show me how to do it. The best chance I have against an Infantry Pulse team right now is to send Cordelia to commit suicide while taking out two enemies herself to bring both teams down to four units each; it does not always work, but at least I stand a better chance of winning instead of trying to make Dance/Sing-Reposition work.

Firesweep is great for Arena Assault. There is not enough Null C-Disrupt, and if you see one, just bring something that is not Firesweep. It is also great for Arena to deal chip damage so your bonus unit is guaranteed to at least score a kill.

• Use Arena Medals for free SP, and maybe buying old accessories or whatever.
  • Some kind of Melancholy/Pulse Smoke type structure for AR
  • Lots of GUI changes for the menus. For instance, it shouldn't require learning each skill individually or using Auto-Learn, should be able to just select all you wanna learn in one go.
  • Level Up (with crystals) should automatically put any units who are already at 40 at the bottom of the unit list

The ability to convert shards into crystals. Sometimes you just want to autolevel people to level 40 and it just eats crystals up. On the other hand you get a lot more shards and don't even need half of them to get those units to level 20.

Okay, random little idea I just had. I'm 100% sure it'll never be a thing, but I thought I'd put it down.

I think it'd be really cool if there was a game mode like Hall of Forms, but you start with 1 unit: The Summoner. Each time it starts, you get to choose what weapon type he wields (though he'll always be Infantry). He starts off each time at Level 1 and a Silver+ grade weapon of the weapon type you chose, and like Hall of Forms you can equip new things on him after every map. Your objective is to use him to go through maps of ever-increasing difficulty, and at the end of each battle you get to choose to place 1 of the enemy units as your ally (until they're replaced, having a max number of 3 allies with The Summoner being a permanent member of the team) in addition to improving himself.

What would separate this from Hall of Forms is that while The Summoner can improve himself through Inheritance and merges, the allies he adds to his party can only level up and can't earn new skills. Not only does this allow for you to concentrate on improving The Summoner instead of spreading out improvements to the party, but it also forces the player to learn how to balance strategy and good skills; when you have a full team and defeat a new map, will you sacrifice a member of your team for a new unit with better skills, or will you keep your units and continue to level them up? Will you sacrifice the color balance of your old team in exchange for a unit with good skills, or will you keep the color balance of your team intact and continue getting them to Level 40?

Idk, it's just a silly idea XD