Weirdest Things to Turn into a Waifu/Husbando

XRay

There was a small discussion about fox waifus in the Heroes section, so I thought it might be interesting to make a topic here. What are some weird things that people have turned into waifus/husbandos?

Since I am exposed to Asian folklore/myths (well duh, I am Asian), the weirdest thing Asian people have made waifus out of are SPIDERS! Like, out of all the animals you want to pork, some body thought of porking freaking spiders and it managed be attractive enough that it got past down in stories and folklore through the ages.

Following along that thought process, mermaids are kind of weird too now that I think about it. They seem normal since we are exposed to it since childhood here in the West, but if you think about it more, why would somebody turn a fish into a waifu?

I guess any non mammal waifu would be kind of weird when you think about it. I mean, we even have ship waifus and browser waifus.

Do you think fox waifus are weird? How about cow waifus? What about fish waifus? If I used the term mermaid instead of fish waifu, would that have changed your answer?

If there’s one thing I’ve learned from my time in the anime community is that Japan can make me wanna fuck almost anything. You think spider waifus are weird? Try battleships, literal swords, Game companies(yes those exist go play neptunia), king arthur, even snails! At this point I’ve simply accepted the fact that Japan is slowly trying to craft the perfect anime girl design and they are getting closer with each passing day. It’s only a matter of time before they use it to take over the world

2 minutes ago, Ottservia said:

It’s only a matter of time before they use it to take over Earth-chan.

Fixed that for you. You got to know your waifus like you know your ABCs.

I wonder when will husbandos become as big a thing as waifus. Like I think there is only one big husbando game about swords (What girl does not like a big, long, thick samurai sword? Ha!), but there are a ton of waifu games.

I've... admittedly, got a slight crush of FGO's depiction of Mata Hari.

What? She's cute even though she's a garbage Servant!

Which reminds me, I need to start playing FGO again.

The concept of fox girls being waifus has been around for centuries thanks to certain legends of the kitsune and huli jing, primarily kitsune.

Although, I don't think anything can beat the concept of a waifu ROOMBA.

Yes, I typed that correctly.

Folks, meet Cocorobo. I know about her mostly because she's supposed to become a Vocaloid, although I can only assume she's vaporware alongside Gumi V4 English and Zing (I find Zing being vaporware a shame since she was supposed to be the first trilingual Vocaloid (fluent in Japanese, Chinese, and English), but that's off-topic). Here's a photo of the actual vaccum. Apparently these things actually talk and are considered to be more like pets than actual vaccums in Japan.

5 minutes ago, Specta said:

holy shit another black company fan

tbh same tho soulcatcher is lit

I just started the series and I’m really enjoying it. I finished both The Black Company and Port of Shadows, and I’m looking forward to Shadows Linger.

1 minute ago, Wraith said:

I just started the series and I’m really enjoying it. I finished both The Black Company and Port of Shadows, and I’m looking forward to Shadows Linger.

that's awesome. it's my favorite book series of all time. hope you enjoy the rest!!

Edited by Specta

11 minutes ago, Specta said:

that's awesome. it's my favorite book series of all time. hope you enjoy the rest!!

If you enjoy dark fantasy like The Black Company, I would suggest looking into Michael Moorcock’s Elric of Melniboné or Karl Edward Wagner’s Kane saga if you’re interested in finding a new fantasy series to read.

Edited by Wraith

Just now, Wraith said:

If you enjoy dark fantasy like The Black Company, I would suggest looking into Michael Moorcock’s Elric of Melniboné or Karl Edward Wagner’s Kane saga if your interested in finding a new fantasy series to read.

cheers, I'll add them to my goodreads for when I get through my huge backlog!

5 hours ago, Espurrhoodie said:

I've... admittedly, got a slight crush of FGO's depiction of Mata Hari.

I did not know who she was, so I read up her bio. What a tragic backstory.

5 hours ago, Espurrhoodie said:

Although, I don't think anything can beat the concept of a waifu ROOMBA.

Yes, I typed that correctly.

Folks, meet Cocorobo. I know about her mostly because she's supposed to become a Vocaloid, although I can only assume she's vaporware alongside Gumi V4 English and Zing (I find Zing being vaporware a shame since she was supposed to be the first trilingual Vocaloid (fluent in Japanese, Chinese, and English), but that's off-topic). Here's a photo of the actual vaccum. Apparently these things actually talk and are considered to be more like pets than actual vaccums in Japan.

That reminds me, my friend's little cousins named their Roomba Rosie. While we thought of it as a girl, we never thought of it as a waifu, so I guess it is only a matter of time that someone else did for their Roomba.

Edited by XRay

4 minutes ago, XRay said:

I did not know who she was, so I read up her bio. What a tragic backstory.

It's still rather interesting, though.

That reminds me, my friend's little cousins named their Roomba Rosie. While we thought of it as a girl, we never thought of it as a waifu, so I guess it is only a matter of time that someone else did for their Roomba.

Apparently it's common for people to treat their roombas like pets.

I don't have one. It would drive the dogs nuts, lol.

1 minute ago, Espurrhoodie said:

It's still rather interesting, though.

Yeah. Kind of sad how she was blamed for seducing and victimizing men while she is actually the victim of men. Her lover at the time abandoned her too.

Yeah. Kind of sad how she was blamed for seducing and victimizing men while she is actually the victim of men. Her lover at the time abandoned her too.

Yeah... pretty sad.

17 hours ago, XRay said:

I wonder when will husbandos become as big a thing as waifus. Like I think there is only one big husbando game about swords (What girl does not like a big, long, thick samurai sword? Ha!), but there are a ton of waifu games.

Which game is this?

Also, I imagine husbandos aren't as big as waifus because the vocal neckbeard weeaboos are all males. The husbando fans are more, idk, not as out there if that makes sense. Also maybe females are less likely to use the term husbando? IDK.

Since I am exposed to Asian folklore/myths (well duh, I am Asian), the weirdest thing Asian people have made waifus out of are SPIDERS! Like, out of all the animals you want to pork, some body thought of porking freaking spiders and it managed be attractive enough that it got past down in stories and folklore through the ages.

There's an Australian saying that goes "I'm not here to fuck spiders". Basically it means hell yes. Example:

"Are you here for the big game?"

"Well I'm not here to fuck spiders."

Edited by Dragoncat