Create Your Own Holiday

XRay

I am sitting on my ivory throne, and I am kind of bored right now. If you can create a holiday or special occasion, what would it be about? When does it occur? Is it just a day long celebration or a month or even year long celebration? What are some activities that you do for that holiday? What about food? Anything else that is special for your holiday?

If it does not exist yet, I guess I will propose a Cat Day, a day to celebrate cats! As a ritual, you have to huff your cats' bellies. In terms of food, you make a small home cooked meal for your cat. You can also gift people without cats some cat fur so they can snort and get high off of cat fur too.

If there's ever a Cat Day, there should be a Dog Day too. Dogs are man's best friend and the best pets. It'd take place in late spring or summer so we dog lovers and owners can celebrate it by walking our dogs in warmer weather, helping more dogs find forever homes, and playing with dogs at the dog park. More dog shows can happen too, and for once, mixed breeds would be allowed to participate.

Edited by Anacybele

Personally, I think every Wednesday should be a day off in the same vain as the Weekend. THAT WAY, it seperates the working week and makes it more manageable by giving you the much needed break in between. And then it's like everyday's a Thursday or Friday unless it's Wednesday or the Weekend!

5 hours ago, Light Strategist said:

Personally, I think every Wednesday should be a day off in the same vain as the Weekend. THAT WAY, it seperates the working week and makes it more manageable by giving you the much needed break in between. And then it's like everyday's a Thursday or Friday unless it's Wednesday or the Weekend!

you're a fucking genius i'm voting for you for president

5 hours ago, Light Strategist said:

17 minutes ago, Specta said:

you're a fucking genius i'm voting for you for president

I propose Mondays and Fridays as holidays too, so we only have two work days and both work days will feel like Fridays, and Thursdays will feel like super Friday.

1 minute ago, XRay said:

I propose Mondays and Fridays as holidays too, so we only have two work days and both work days will feel like Fridays, and Thursdays will feel like super Friday.

while I like working less, I think my students would manage to learn even less if I only saw them twice..........

4 minutes ago, Specta said:

while I like working less, I think my students would manage to learn even less if I only saw them twice..........

Who needs an education when we have bible studies and private charter schools to teach us real facts like creationism?

Hmm... What about making them read assigned chapters on their own? There is no homework to grade (unless you want them to write about what they read), and they can learn how to teach themselves.

1 minute ago, XRay said:

Who needs an education when we have bible studies and private charter schools to teach us real facts like creationism?

Hmm... What about making them read assigned chapters on their own? There is no homework to grade (unless you want them to write about what they read), and they can learn how to teach themselves.

the overwhelming majority of my kids couldn't handle it haha they're pretty low-performing unfortunately. they need a lot of guidance for now